Mr Technician

Apr 30, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

TL : DR
CoC1 has less text, more options, friendlier mod support and better character development (YMMV). While some elements are hardcore, most of the follower / lover content requires some work and is relatively tame.

CoC2 still feels like a cleaner medieval fantasy TiTS and while a good standalone game, most of its content I would describe as e^verbose or exponentially verbose for non-math people. The content is also significantly more hardcore and you really don't have to do much to persuade a companion / guest to bang you.

Look no further than the forums for each and what people talk about. CoC1 from memory is a lot more friendly and creative. CoC2's is fairly polarizing if you don't agree with the devs.

Note: I understand both are still in development, but look at the bigger picture here. CoC1 had much less support and budget with arguably more developed content and story. CoC2's budget is massive with tons of support and we JUST got to 0.4.0
You are right. This won't develop the same way. For me it was allways clear that CoC 1 had more build-up arousal/tension which i could experience, while the CoC 2 has it much more of the crude experience.

enumate

Jun 12, 2020
You are right. This won't develop the same way. For me it was allways clear that CoC 1 had more build-up arousal/tension which i could experience, while the CoC 2 has it much more of the crude experience.
Truth be told I didn't mind Cait being so open to banging out of the gate, but it did feel a little weird she went from grieving over her sister to DTF in less than a day. Some buildup and arousal / tension like you said would make CoC2's content a lot better, but weeb anime bootleg writing doesn't do that.

Mr Technician

Apr 30, 2018
Truth be told I didn't mind Cait being so open to banging out of the gate, but it did feel a little weird she went from grieving over her sister to DTF in less than a day. Some buildup and arousal / tension like you said would make CoC2's content a lot better, but weeb anime bootleg writing doesn't do that.

Uhum, it happens very fast in CoC 2. Many scenes are just like that - from fighting - straight to sex. And there is that "spark" missing in that. What i mean is that transition happens fast. Not that the amount of text is too small. It could be even shorter tbh.

Edit: Cait is another example. She is not complicated lady - being protitute. But closing to her is like... that doesn't fit at all. Than at some point in time she's like - "Oh! We need to find my sister - that was that!". Sadly she will not start to make her own expedition and plotting with other npc's - if we decide to dump her in the inn. That also doesn't fit. Because 1000 days can pass and she will be milking Brienne tits in some private room in the inn... ffs... doing completely nothing else.

Last edited:
Reactions: enumate

Kallisto

Jun 6, 2019
But yeah, Kiyobro me want. I think I saw some fanart of him.
Yeah there was one post on the main forums of all of someone's genderbent versions of some of the female npcs but I don't have and didn't want to make a forum account to view the bigger version.

I joke I joke, but yeah, I would like if we at least had one decent kitsune husbando. Kazuo, Hitoshi and Nakano (fuck you all he is misunderstood and cute)
I've ping-ponged back and forth but I will go down on this Nakano ship with you.

enumate

Jun 12, 2020
Uhum, it happens very fast in CoC 2. Many scenes are just like that - from fighting - straight to sex. And there is that "spark" missing in that. What i mean is that transition happens fast. Not that the amount of text is too small. It could be even shorter tbh.

Edit: Cait is another example. She is not complicated lady - being protitute. But closing to her is like... that doesn't fit at all. Than at some point in time she's like - "Oh! We need to find my sister - that was that!". Sadly she will not start to make her own expedition and plotting with other npc's - if we decide to dump her in the inn. That also doesn't fit. Because 1000 days can pass and she will be milking Brienne tits in some private room in the inn... ffs... doing completely nothing else.
Precisely, I use Cait as an example because people either love or hate her, but yes. A bit too easy.

Reactions: Mr Technician

Belphegor007

Aug 23, 2016
Precisely, I use Cait as an example because people either love or hate her, but yes. A bit too easy.
People used to hate her because she was a slut, but people stopped caring about that.
Most people now, myself included, hate her because she shoves herself into every goddamn scene in the game. There was a period where every update involves her getting new scenes or shoving herself into old ones.
The fact that she was also the only healer for so long meant unless you were running a healer you had to use her.
People hate kisunes because they are like 30% of the fucking game and hate Cait for the same reason basically

zwere

Mar 27, 2020
People used to hate her because she was a slut, but people stopped caring about that.
Most people now, myself included, hate her because she shoves herself into every goddamn scene in the game. There was a period where every update involves her getting new scenes or shoving herself into old ones.
The fact that she was also the only healer for so long meant unless you were running a healer you had to use her.
People hate kisunes because they are like 30% of the fucking game and hate Cait for the same reason basically
My biggest gripe with Cait is moreso the fact that no matter what the PC simps for her like no simps had ever simped before. Almost every scene with Cait has a written inner thought of you gushing over how amazing she is and it always reads like you're some psycho from Tumblr.

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
Hey, the hobgoblins may be cheating bastards who fight your party of 3 with a party of 8-9 (seriously did Savin give a reason why that 4th slot is reserved for guests/summons, I can only think of a couple FF games that normalized 3 party members) and the imps may have been overturned because the warlock and shank make them hp sponges that like to deal resolve damage.
But we can all laugh at the oversight that since there are only 2 encounters, you have a very high chance of running into Gianna's Caravan. I thought it was funny that these three thought they'd find customers in an ice wasteland but now they now somehow managed get into the undermountains before you did, during a Quarantine.
Oh so that's why I see Gianna every 2 seconds.

redcynic

Jul 12, 2017
> Genderbent Kiyoko

Your wish is granted! Kiyoko can now become an incredibly feminine twink, who is still able to get pregnant anally due to keros Thinking It Was Funny™. Kinu can be an obnoxiously precocious shota who fucks all the kitsune girls that you can't.

The Monkey's Paw curls a finger.

Daken9

Apr 28, 2017
About the verbosity, i've lowkey learned to skip most of everything from The Observer. Every dialogue of his either amounts to an exposition dump or a pseudo intellectual debate, so much so that even the one child character in the game falls into that. Like, holy shit, you got a cute fox kid and you make them act like a middle aged high-school teacher with an identity crisis. Pretty wild.

On the other hand, though, Wsan is quite great. One of the few writers that strikes the perfect balance between dialogues and descriptions. On average his stuff is also 5x more wholesome than anything kitsune, maybe because his character feel more like people rather than monologuing demigods.

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
About the verbosity, i've lowkey learned to skip most of everything from The Observer. Every dialogue of his either amounts to an exposition dump or a pseudo intellectual debate, so much so that even the one child character in the game falls into that. Like, holy shit, you got a cute fox kid and you make them act like a middle aged high-school teacher with an identity crisis. Pretty wild.

On the other hand, though, Wsan is quite great. One of the few writers that strikes the perfect balance between dialogues and descriptions. On average his stuff is also 5x more wholesome than anything kitsune, maybe because his character feel more like people rather than monologuing demigods.
I wouldn't say Wsan is that great. His prose is extremely repetitive. Prolly the best amongst the team though.

All Wsan scenes are just his characters saying "Oh yes! Oh god yes!" over and over and over and over.

Last edited:
Reactions: M0nte

Kallisto

Jun 6, 2019
I wouldn't say Wsan is that great. His prose is extremely repetitive. Prolly the best amongst the team though.

All Wsan scenes are just his characters saying "Oh yes! Oh god yes!" over and over and over and over.
While wsan can get repetitive with that, what I like most is that he has characters showing and saying how much they enjoy the PC and how much they find them hot. Tobs' shit is either filled with backhanded compliments ("your ass looks almost as hot as my sisters" - a line from one of Meira's sex scenes) or like I was saying earlier with fem PC on male npc, the PC is being hate-fucked/disinterested-fucked. I'm sorry, I don't want to read about someone sneering at my char about how average of a fuck she is, lol.

And some of the other writers just focus on random inner monologue or shit other than how good this fucking is. I'm simple, I just want my char to be appreciated during these fuck fests and Wsan consistently gives us that. Plus I'm not into the braindead cumrag treatment, so Wsan's tendency to get mushy or sappy doesn't bother me that much.

Last edited:

grimbeer

Feb 12, 2021
I've replayed this game too many times. Done. Nice concept, middling execution. A LOT of hollow content. Eat/Drink a thing, a word or phrase changes. That's the vast bulk of TF content. The text walls, oh god the text walls. It actively trains the player to ignore the only way to know what's going on. So many of the choices are just straight up ambiguous towards the outcome. So I have to read an instruction manual and/or scumsave to actually play. Why not pay an in-game wizard/chemist to just tell you what the thing you have does? Or have more TF's give +/- 1 or +/- 2 to certain stats? I can't do anything for the ambiguous choices or non-choices, that's just terrible storytelling.

krappaclub

Jan 23, 2021
I've replayed this game too many times. Done. Nice concept, middling execution. A LOT of hollow content. Eat/Drink a thing, a word or phrase changes. That's the vast bulk of TF content. The text walls, oh god the text walls. It actively trains the player to ignore the only way to know what's going on. So many of the choices are just straight up ambiguous towards the outcome. So I have to read an instruction manual and/or scumsave to actually play. Why not pay an in-game wizard/chemist to just tell you what the thing you have does? Or have more TF's give +/- 1 or +/- 2 to certain stats? I can't do anything for the ambiguous choices or non-choices, that's just terrible storytelling.
You can just read wiki if you do not wanna savescum. I also skip lots of walls of text and read them on later runs. However, this is a text-based game so its kinda expected.

Jwow3

May 29, 2019
Honestly for what it is I do like CoC2. It's got some good smut writing a quite a few kinks that should satisfy most people. Maybe not the best smut I've ever read but to have that variety of smut at the highest level would need an almost impossibly skilled writing team for the amount of content. I agree with the TF content that it might be better to provide stat changes because I've found one of the problems I have in TiTs is that there are so many transformations that at most give you an extra paragraph or scene with the transformation. But having 10 different tf's to write into a scene basically means you're re-writing the same scene 10 times and I think that's a pretty big contributor to the workload bottleneck that TiTs has.

I'm hoping we don't too many tf's in CoC2 because while it can be cool to play as a weird chimeric mass of tauric tentacles or whatever, the amount of extra content that needs to be made to take full advantage of that is basically an entire alternate game for a tauric body or whatever and then it'll never get done. I like CoC2 because the characters are easier to get into and really like. There's so much content in TiTs it feels like most of it is kinda of superficial in comparison and I'm hoping at the very least CoC2 can avoid that.

Reactions: enumate

fricknaysh420

Apr 23, 2019
I feel smooth brain what the hell is the answer to the damn riddle I cant wrap my head around it (in the undermountain)

2.90 star(s) 104 Votes