MoneyMan181

Sep 6, 2019
With everyone supposedly being more powerful than us, what's the point of our character existing?
Our character is the only one that cares enough about the world to save it. Basically every character that is "stronger" than MC is a giant shit-stain that makes us look better by proxy. Yes, that includes Sanders aka dollar store Kenobi. Least that's how I look at it.

Last edited:

Evizzy89

Aug 1, 2021
Our character is the only one that cares enough about the world to save it. Basically every character that is "stronger" than MC is a giant shit-stain that makes us look better by proxy. Yes, that includes Sanders aka dollar store Kenobi. Least that's how I look at it.
everytime I see your name the song goes through my head and its starting to drive me crazy X_X

gurg123

Jun 28, 2018
Idunno guys Savin may have his rough moments but ultimately I'm gonna try to be positive and believe in our guy! I mean Ryn's whole shtick is her love and devotion for the pc sub and confident. I'm gonna trust in them seeing as Alypia writes a decent amount of Ryn's content and tends to lean into the more wholesome elements of their relationship. I'm one of those wholesome male PC guys, so I hope we don't get cucked or anything. I feel as long as we get a good 3some scene between you, Ryn and the priestess making bebe, It won't really bother me too much. Just don't make the champ second potato to a character known for their wholesome and loyal personality

gurg123

Jun 28, 2018
I mean as long as it focuses on the relationship between the player and Ryn and not just some random big tiddy elf we meet in the ice city, with some butt stuff going on... That's really as wholesome as it's gonna get seeing that group stuff is the name of the game. Hopefully Ryn doesn't just become her sister without some juicy melodrama or hit us with a Bye Woody. Shiet as long as it's not like "and now the entire cast of CoC2 are coming to run a train on your waifu and you get-a macchiato while you watch and Brint was there with a good ol 'that's rough buddy' and then Obama showed up" I think I'll live.

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
Isn't almost every character canonically more powerful than the MC? Just off the top of my head are Brother Sanders, Bubs' Donut Steel Merc leader, and almost every character in the Kitsune Den. The champ also can't fight by themselves alone and must always have companions.
And nobody do jack shit about demon invasion.

Even more, in foxes bad end, when player get into the tree for the first time, there are lines like 'X years passed, demonic treat was resolved, every single demon was reduced to fertilizer'. Which is...ehh weird, since foxes feeds on a semen spiritual energy which imps should have!?

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
I mean as long as it focuses on the relationship between the player and Ryn and not just some random big tiddy elf we meet in the ice city, with some butt stuff going on... That's really as wholesome as it's gonna get seeing that group stuff is the name of the game. Hopefully Ryn doesn't just become her sister without some juicy melodrama or hit us with a Bye Woody. Shiet as long as it's not like "and now the entire cast of CoC2 are coming to run a train on your waifu and you get-a macchiato while you watch and Brint was there with a good ol 'that's rough buddy' and then Obama showed up" I think I'll live.
With Obama it at least would be hilarious.

In terms of writing it's more focused and better & more player focused
Woah, buddy, he asked pretty nicely and polite...

Apr 5, 2021
How is this compared to trials in tainted space?
TiTS has better actual gameplay, less controversy, more variety in scenes and fetishes, and a better premise for its content.
The content in CoC2 is deeper with fewer characters who get more focus... but the more each character gets the less there is to like with only a few exceptions. And they still had time to abandon some characters to being just stubs, mostly those that are more niche fetishes that the authors (who are pretty vanilla) aren't into. If they didn't want to write it, they didn't need to include it.

TITS also doesn't have a problem with "Why are we doing this again?" because the whole game is just a space romp against an incompetent rival that you are clearly gonna bang at the end, there is no looming threat. COC2 does not want you, the player, or you, the player character, to be there. Your reason to be in the narrative is actually undone right at the start when other characters tell you they don't need or want your help, and the big bad evil girl is nothing compared to the legion of Author insert characters who are all way more powerful. This attitude is on full display from the writers and permeates all the large content blocks. It's to the point that the thing that makes your character special, is just that you got bathed in portal radiation, and then they figured out how to open portals later so it doesn't matter either.

So, yeah, it's got a tighter focus... on awful writing and a handful of the authors' personal fap material characters.
The gameplay is worse
The transformations are completely vestigial
There is little variation for its fetishes
And you have Kinu and the Tobsunes here

Not to say there are no issues with TiTS, but because there is greater variety of characters, writers, and fetish, you can skip what you hate and only have lost a little content.
Oh also, TiTS let you actually fuck a dragon. CoC2 teased dragons, forced you to watch one die to power up an NPC, and then you the player get the privilege of being allowed to have dream sex with yet another animal ear girl. I know it's reading stuff into it, but you literally get scenes where you go off on your own to "Polish your weapon" and then have a wet dream with a girl only you can see... Yeah, that's what playing this game for long enough makes you feel like.

Last edited:

Walk Cycle

Dec 18, 2018
Trials in Tainted Space
+A much more varied transformation system. The player can be a four-legged taur, a snake tailed Naga or a slime-person
+Large variety of fetishes and scenarios. From fucking the galaxy's sexiest sapients to jerking off into a snake with a vagina for a face and even fucking an actual dragon it's much more varied compared to coc2
+Straightforward, easy to learn combat
-The transformation system lacks finesse and depends on RNG
-It has Shizuya and the Great Maijin
-Glacial update rate
CoC2
+Much more tightly knit game with more focus on characters
+The transformation system is much more flexible compared to TiTS
-Yes it has more focus on the characters but it doesn't really mean that the characters are likeable
-Combat is a slog. Just stick to story mode.
-The transformation system is as deep as a puddle. You'll remain a digitigrade humanoid in shape with the option of the occasional horn, wing or skin pigment as the weirdest transformation you'll have
-It has the Kitsune Den

Last edited:

Deviton123

Dec 9, 2021
Trials in Tainted Space
+A much more varied transformation system. The player can be a four-legged taur, a snake tailed Naga or a slime-person
+Large variety of fetishes and scenarios. From fucking the galaxy's sexiest sapients to jerking off into a snake with a vagina for a face and even fucking an actual dragon it's much more varied compared to coc2
+Straightforward, easy to learn combat
-The transformation system lacks finesse and depends on RNG
-It has Shizuya and the Great Maijin
-Glacial update rate
CoC2
+Much more tightly knit game with more focus on characters
+The transformation system is much more accurate compared to TiTS
-Yes it has more focus on the characters but it doesn't really mean that the characters are likeable
-Combat is a slog. Just stick to story mode.
-The transformation system is as deep as a puddle. You'll remain a digitigrade humanoid in shape with the option of the occasional horn, wing or skin pigment as the most weirdest transformation you'll have
-It has the Kitsune Den
Actually, I don't really understand why everyone hates the kitsunes. They don't particularly bother me at all, so it makes me wonder.

zwere

Mar 27, 2020
Idunno guys Savin may have his rough moments but ultimately I'm gonna try to be positive and believe in our guy!
Savin is a rough moment, in and of himself.
I'm gonna trust in them seeing as Alypia writes a decent amount of Ryn's content and tends to lean into the more wholesome elements of their relationship.
The problem with Alypia's writing is that the further your Champion strays from her OC, the less it feels like your Champion is your own. She's like the other writers that tunnel vision on their OCs, except her OC happens to be the Champion.

MoneyMan181

Sep 6, 2019
Actually, I don't really understand why everyone hates the kitsunes. They don't particularly bother me at all, so it makes me wonder.
People have listed off the problems with it more times than I can count, and that's just in the time I've been here. If you search the thread with just "kitsune" you'll probably find a ton of posts explaining the deal with 'em. I myself have basically written an essay's worth on them at this point.

Long story short though: Somehow less player agency than the main game(which is much more of a problem with all the melodrama bullshit TOBS writes), absolutely none of them are likeable(including your "family") except for Kohaku, it's complete tonal whiplash compared to the rest of the game, the player is baited into thinking the content will just be family happy fun times, all of the content is basically a bubble separated from the actual game, and a few other things I'm probably forgetting about.

Alterism

Feb 17, 2019
Quick Answer:
Needs more time in the oven

Long Answer:
  • Less content but that's a given, given that TiTS has been in development longer.
  • The story is more "focused" in that your choices don't matter at all and player agency is a bit of a joke.
  • Combat is atrocious (both being too easy and being too frequent)
  • There's no character(s) or locations absolutely stacked with content/personality. Think Love Starz, Crash Landing, Fisianna, Frostwyrm, etc.
  • There's next to no slowburns like the aforementioned Fisianna, Bess, technically Shekka, Crash Landing, Embry,. Paige, etc
  • Khor Minos is the first location that has had anywhere near the content of the human populated areas of most planets in TiTS. Marefolk Village and Hawkethrone are character light. Centaur Village and Winter City are practically barren.
  • Tone of random encounters is also a bit different. From horny mating ritual-esque natives to roaming pg-13 friendly rape gangs.
Might still be worth it for you. Though 80% of the tone of most encounters is 'free-love' and polyamory so if sharing isn't your thing, you should probably steer clear.

Probably more of a product if you followed the game from near the beginning to be honest. Ah to hell with it. It's Friday anyways so I'll elaborate.

To go more into depth on that perspective:
You have a cute fox wife. You have a adorable daughter with your cute fox wife and many adorable children. You're built up expecting the kitsune den is going to be some wholesome adventure after you get through the rough spots and it's... not that. Literally nothing you do there matters. Nothing they do there matters. They have constant literal rape gangs. Your wife and fox children go nearly a decade without you and your fox daughter low key hates you now while you have nothing to do with any of your families lives because you're a dirty foreigner. Daughter getting married? Don't question it, you don't know anything.

The entire thing is filled with assholes and I guess 'sluts' if we take bubs word on it.

But hell. It could have been worse. Tobs isn't a bad writer, but he spent so much effort on the puddle deep culture as opposed to tangible things like why there's roaming rape gangs 3 feet from home when the foxes are allegedly supposed to be getting pretty on with the robust natives.

Alypia writes mostly romantic scenes and has drawings of their character with Etheryn made,also I don't think Alypia has a character in the game
Alypia wrote Serena that cowgirl teacher with a pretty good slowburn romance and a fleshed out NPC in general. Also let's you see brief glimpses in your peripheral of the worse side of the conditions in Khor'minos without beating you over the head. So good job to Alypia.

Also wrote that one dick girl valkyrie as well.

2.90 star(s) 107 Votes