Lucky_I

May 2, 2021
yeah, as soon as I saw they're all for the same thing I knew this was an empty patch

ffs, they're making us fight 15 hunters to progress this quest? talk about dragging it out wtf
I mean, it's 5 fights, which you can conplete right outside the TP space with the pick fight button. Should take like maybe 5mins depending on what difficulty you're playing on. And if you dealt with the Manticore girls already, it's one of the only 2 enemy encounters in that area atm, so you'll be getting them 50% of the time so it's not like you're fighting against RNG as well.

Reactions: NODOGAN

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
"Many well-written, many choics that actually affect outcomes and scenes and characters that are epic sexual style."
1705845064537.png
1705845064537.png
> game review score would be higher if it was a standalone game that was not called CoC2

are you telling me that having a game try to steal a preestablished fanbase but end up as a dumpster fire that is vastly inferior to the original, insults its fans, and is actually a completely different game would result in negative reviews?
who could have ever imagined or predicted such a thing?

if only this was something that has ever happened before in history, so that we could have learned a lesson from watching someone else fuck up.
Luckily nobody would ever be that stupid and this is something that never happened before.
/sarcasm

joking aside. this game is a dumpster fire even on its own merits.

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
> game review score would be higher if it was a standalone game that was not called CoC2

are you telling me that having a game try to steal a preestablished fanbase but end up as a dumpster fire that is vastly inferior to the original, insults its fans, and is actually a completely different game would result in negative reviews?
who could have ever imagined or predicted such a thing?

if only this was something that has ever happened before in history, so that we could have learned a lesson from watching someone else fuck up.
Luckily nobody would ever be that stupid and this is something that never happened before.
/sarcasm

joking aside. this game is a dumpster fire even on its own merits.
Honeymoon phases in games really are something else.
Hell, I almost had one of these when I still played this.

But we already know what happened that changed my view. :KEK:

Last edited:

zwere

Mar 27, 2020
Just to make sure, I never said that this shields CoC2 from critique.
Yeah, I didn't mean to imply you were trying to pass off the games serviceability as an impassable wall when it comes to criticism. Just wanted to illustrate that something being serviceable is just a barrier of entry for a project existing and getting financed, nothing more.

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
Wait a...Cultist Allure is stealable?
Cultist Allure is a STEALABLE POWER!
You telling me all this time I could had brought Quinn & Atugia with me on the fucking ocean cave quest and walk out of there with 3 unique powers instead of 2?¡...well, now that save is worthless, time to start another new game!

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
Anyone got a download for the new patch? the official site is being buggy today and the download fails ever 5 seconds

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
The new character doesn't have art. Dunno why this is now a new constant. Kinda kills the first introductions.

Also the whole im-gonna-insert-random-gibberish-as-a-foreign-ingame-language crap is shit and I don't think I've ever seen a game that did it in an interesting way other than Dakkon in Planescape: Torment. I just cannot take it seriously by any measure.

Warphorror

Jan 2, 2018
There is a problem of coherence in the new character introduction event : the text says that my character triggered the trap but was quick enough to destroy it before being caught in it. But the excuse given for destroying the trap a few lines later is that the mc spotted the trap but after consideration couldn't safely disarm it so they just broke it in order to pass safely, giving the impression that it was a toughtfull inspection and consideration and not a quick reaction in a dangerous and unknow situation.
Here are the extract.
1) Triggering the trap :
As you walk underneath it, you feel something suddenly tighten against your ankle and pull taut. Your body shifts to your right, and you hear the sound of a rope, or maybe a whip, snapping into place above you, and your foot lurches upward. You've walked right into a tripwire trap, camouflaged in the snow, and it's trying to throw you up into the air by your foot! You, however, are faster than that: although the trap caught you by surprise, your reflexes are honed well enough that, the very moment you see the rope pull taut in the snow, you manage to unsheathe your spiraled staff and give it a fierce swipe, cutting it before it has a chance to fling you upward. The lousy rope swings upward, flung by the force of some hidden counterweight, and the tree above you suddenly snaps into place as the rope dangles uselessly from one of its limbs.
2) The excuse :
You justify your actions by saying that you spotted the trap, but you couldn't make out the intricacies: you knew something was amiss but you couldn't see how to disarm it, or how to get around it. You did what you thought was safest for yourself and your friends.
I'm not crazy, it feels like it's two differents situation that are described?

Feb 23, 2019
Wait a...Cultist Allure is stealable?
Cultist Allure is a STEALABLE POWER!
You telling me all this time I could had brought Quinn & Atugia with me on the fucking ocean cave quest and walk out of there with 3 unique powers instead of 2?¡...well, now that save is worthless, time to start another new game!
Save edit is your best friend

Reactions: JungleNuts

GokutheG

Oct 20, 2022
There is a problem of coherence in the new character introduction event : the text says that my character triggered the trap but was quick enough to destroy it before being caught in it. But the excuse given for destroying the trap a few lines later is that the mc spotted the trap but after consideration couldn't safely disarm it so they just broke it in order to pass safely, giving the impression that it was a toughtfull inspection and consideration and not a quick reaction in a dangerous and unknow situation.
Here are the extract.
1) Triggering the trap :

2) The excuse :

I'm not crazy, it feels like it's two differents situation that are described?
Yeah this is inconsistent.

I'm guessing the scene is written as if you're supposed to be able to spot and disarm the trap but since your champ didn't theres a failsafe where you escape. The problem is that the writer didn't seem to account for that scenario in the excuse passage.

Have you tried to trigger this scene with low agility? I'm curious to see if other stats are accounted for in this scene.

Warphorror

Jan 2, 2018
Yeah this is inconsistent.

I'm guessing the scene is written as if you're supposed to be able to spot and disarm the trap but since your champ didn't theres a failsafe where you escape. The problem is that the writer didn't seem to account for that scenario in the excuse passage.

Have you tried to trigger this scene with low agility? I'm curious to see if other stats are accounted for in this scene.
I did not try with different stats and since it didn't seem like a game breaking issues I oversaved. My character has low cunning but high agility so the action scene is right regarding that. Maybe there is a conditionnal error for the excuse part or B didn't write stat based variations for it.
Did somebody get a different scene for the trap?

Reactions: GokutheG
2.90 star(s) 107 Votes