SirJahar

Feb 27, 2024
And any chance of that basically requires that the code stop changing every time they update. Seems they shat their engine out in such a hurry that they're STILL finding foundational bugs, or having to fix NPCs to use the same systems that already exist.
And that they get over this idea that people need PERMISSION to mod their game. Its a commercially sold game, people can do WTF ever they want with their copy.

GokutheG

Oct 20, 2022
And any chance of that basically requires that the code stop changing every time they update. Seems they shat their engine out in such a hurry that they're STILL finding foundational bugs, or having to fix NPCs to use the same systems that already exist.
And that they get over this idea that people need PERMISSION to mod their game. Its a commercially sold game, people can do WTF ever they want with their copy.
That's why the code is such a confusing and ever-changing mess is to prevent mods I'm sure. If you can add any story you want why pay the devs?

• Haha
Reactions: B2B2 and Daddums

Daddums

Oct 26, 2019
That's why the code is such a confusing and ever-changing mess is to prevent mods I'm sure. If you can add any story you want why pay the devs?
No, I think they're just incompetent. So many errors in text, flags or scenes in general with the latest updates. I doubt they have the skill to deliberately make the code a mess and get it to work.

I'm sure Savin finds some relief that it's difficult to mod, but I don't think it's the reason for these shenanigans.

jkh115

Jun 11, 2021
No, I think they're just incompetent. So many errors in text, flags or scenes in general with the latest updates. I doubt they have the skill to deliberately make the code a mess and get it to work.

I'm sure Savin finds some relief that it's difficult to mod, but I don't think it's the reason for these shenanigans.
Mate you just gave them an status upgrade that went from "They are preventing it" to "nah i just think they're useless."

Darak123

Dec 10, 2021
I know the champion isn't the most consistently written character in this game but both of them seem extremely ooc in this. It seems like very poorly written fanfic of the two characters. If this was added to the game I would immediately wonder how it was approved. I think this need a couple more revisions to make the scenario plausible as involving these established characters.
Thank you for your feedback, really appreciated. Can you expand more on the ooc please, so I could have a starting point on what to fix. Again, thank you.

GokutheG

Oct 20, 2022
Kinu is mature for her age and I think she already knows about sex in the game so her acting clueless about the "toy" in the mc's pants felt off.

I dont know a better way to say this but the mc and his RAGING BONER was just cringe. He also sort of comes off as sort of a creep(lying in order to rub her) yet extremely passive at the same time.

These were the biggest issues I had. I had smaller ones but I'm having trouble putting them into words.

Reactions: Fiz1247
Apr 24, 2017
Seems like this game is both popular and contentious. So that's... something. The first game was decent, but there really wasn't enough violence for my liking. In a generic 'magic medieval fantasy world,' I expect to kill people, not just knock them down and rob them or rape them.

This one have any violence, or even better, ultraviolence?

jkh115

Jun 11, 2021
Seems like this game is both popular and contentious. So that's... something. The first game was decent, but there really wasn't enough violence for my liking. In a generic 'magic medieval fantasy world,' I expect to kill people, not just knock them down and rob them or rape them.

No, not even a little. You can't kill the fuxking enemies aside from imps and 2 unique demons, which pisses me off.

jfmherokiller

May 25, 2020
for me i see the killing option as a "putting them out of their misery because they are beyond saving" and this is due to the games explicit preference for a kind of outcome of "you saving as many people as possible".

Pretty much both coc2 and the first game were made with the idea of you as a kind of "savior". And allowing you to go on a indiscriminate mass murder spree would both be a kind of antithesis of that and was also never in the design docs.

now if you want to add it via a mod go right ahead if you can figure out the coding.

Last edited:
Reactions: SirJahar

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
for me i see the killing option as a "putting them out of their misery because they are beyond saving" and this is due to the games explicit preference for a kind of outcome of "you saving as many people as possible".

Pretty much both coc2 and the first game were made with the idea of you as a kind of "savior". And allowing you to go on a indiscriminate mass murder spree would both be a kind of antithesis of that and was also never in the design docs.

now if you want to add it via a mod go right ahead if you can figure out the coding.
early on in unmodded coc1, you literally couldn't kill people (or die).
fatal wounds would regenerate in front of your eyes due to the massive amount of reality warping corruption magic all around you.

CoC2 though, is set in an uncorrupted world.

GokutheG

Oct 20, 2022
early on in unmodded coc1, you literally couldn't kill people (or die).
fatal wounds would regenerate in front of your eyes due to the massive amount of reality warping corruption magic all around you.

CoC2 though, is set in an uncorrupted world.
Honestly that sounds pretty cool. With a bit of work I could see that working well in a horror setting.

Wyrtyn

Nov 7, 2022

There is basically little in terms of pure sandbox hrpg to compete with it, but given that it's got what i call the discord server approach to production it's very easy for people to get salty about contributors. Ultimately it's mostly weird people writing for mostly weird people more or less for free, it's going to tbe rocky at the best of times.

Your ability to murder is limited to choice random mobs and some bosses.

Last edited:
2.90 star(s) 107 Votes