NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
Well, the combat tries as hard as possible to be 4e, but missing all the checkmarks that made that edition's combat work. Or any game that emulates a non-boring combat, IMO.
Only one i know is 5e since i'm pretty new, tried to research 4e with a youtuber and all it said was that it was an economic failure and the least popular edition, not really educative.

atomicp

Feb 25, 2018
Only one i know is 5e since i'm pretty new, tried to research 4e with a youtuber and all it said was that it was an economic failure and the least popular edition, not really educative.
In raw numbers of sales, it was the second best selling edition (according to EN World), but it was really divisive.

Like, "split the playbase in half" divisive.

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
In raw numbers of sales, it was the second best selling edition (according to EN World), but it was really divisive.

Like, "split the playbase in half" divisive.
Huh, he didn't mentioned that, i can see which side of the split he was on at least lol.

James3

Dec 12, 2018
I don't know how you guys can find the combat system worse than the first game's, or even TiTS's. Unlike the first game's, at least magic is actually worth a shit more than extremely rarely, for 1 thing.

Reactions: NotEvenOw
Aug 27, 2020
I don't know how you guys can find the combat system worse than the first game's, or even TiTS's. Unlike the first game's, at least magic is actually worth a shit more than extremely rarely, for 1 thing.
You really have to think about it from the source material perspective. Hence the basing of the "power" system of cool down being based off of Fourth Edition DnD. The balance is much easier when you have some designated roles and reskins of those roles into various flavorings. At least that's how I view it, and personally I kind of enjoy having some overlap in the basic roles that teammates can fulfill, striking that sweet spot between synergy and balanced team comp.
Though this fondness is only for the single-player style of Fen's games, 4e was a travesty for party teamwork.

Reactions: NODOGAN

James3

Dec 12, 2018
You really have to think about it from the source material perspective. Hence the basing of the "power" system of cool down being based off of Fourth Edition DnD. The balance is much easier when you have some designated roles and reskins of those roles into various flavorings. At least that's how I view it, and personally I kind of enjoy having some overlap in the basic roles that teammates can fulfill, striking that sweet spot between synergy and balanced team comp.
Though this fondness is only for the single-player style of Fen's games, 4e was a travesty for party teamwork.
Not sure what you're saying. All I know is CoC1:*Click Blind if you want to, click attack, click attack, click attack, click attack, click attack... TiTS:*Mix in Overcharge a couple of times, unless you're fighting a Milodan, in which case a P-Shock, with Shoot, Shoot, do your shield regen at some point, Shoot, Shoot, Shoot... until done.

Last edited:
Reactions: NODOGAN

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
If there was an option to recover Resolve AT ALL then i could see that synergy you're speaking of, as it stands right now only Atugia and Bimbo Azyrran can heal the party's resolve mid-combat at all so unless you're comfy giving up your At-Will to be Boltering Dancing on EVERY-SINGLE-FIGHT then you better have either Atugia or Bimbo Azzy on your team cuz BELIEVE YOU ME THE NEW DEMON ENCOUNTERS WILL RAPE YOUR RESOLVE OTHERWISE!

VineBear

Feb 19, 2018
If there was an option to recover Resolve AT ALL then i could see that synergy you're speaking of, as it stands right now only Atugia and Bimbo Azyrran can heal the party's resolve mid-combat at all so unless you're comfy giving up your At-Will to be Boltering Dancing on EVERY-SINGLE-FIGHT then you better have either Atugia or Bimbo Azzy on your team cuz BELIEVE YOU ME THE NEW DEMON ENCOUNTERS WILL RAPE YOUR RESOLVE OTHERWISE!
Quin, Cait and the champion all have access to moves which heal resolve as well. Quins is even at-will

PecsDickAss

Nov 14, 2020
Quin isn't a bad partner though. I play as a white mage, so I mostly focus on healing while he and Brint just destroy the enemies. The only reason i don't use him against bosses is because the story is helping save Cait's sister. If that wasn't the case, Cait would be permanently benched

Reactions: whitexwhite

atomicp

Feb 25, 2018
Well, they posted about companions.

Which at least two (such as Quinn and Atugia) haven't the bare mininum to qualify, but hey. Do as I say, and not like I do.

Reactions: Kallisto

redcynic

Jul 12, 2017
"Firstly, only established writers with a track record [of sucking up] get to write companions, people whom have proven themselves to be reliable [raging sycophants] and who won't flake at the drop of a pin [complain when cait is cooler than their OC]. Savin has his own criteria, but I personally think someone who has established projects implemented in FenCo games and who has been writing for over a year [themselves as a huge fan of my gigantic boring worldbuilding projects or who suck my dick] would be eligible."

Fixed that for The Observer.

Feb 12, 2020
anybody knows when the next COC2 update comes out where they focus on the main story or other already made story's? or are the just actually needing to take their time because their transitioning from flash to java script? i just wanna know....

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
"Firstly, only established writers with a track record [of sucking up] get to write companions, people whom have proven themselves to be reliable [raging sycophants] and who won't flake at the drop of a pin [complain when cait is cooler than their OC]. Savin has his own criteria, but I personally think someone who has established projects implemented in FenCo games and who has been writing for over a year [themselves as a huge fan of my gigantic boring worldbuilding projects or who suck my dick] would be eligible."

Fixed that for The Observer.
enhance

"Firstly, only established writers with a track record (...) people whom have"
enhance

"people whom have"
Pretty sure it should be "whomst" there, chief.

_____

(I try, Lord knows I try not to be an asshat about people's struggles with English: That's cruel and pointless and we should be better. But hypercorrecting 'who' to 'whom' in the middle of your grand pontifications about The Art of Writing is like page 1 of the Pretentious Lit 101 Student's Almanac.)

EdgeOfShadow

Sep 24, 2017
anybody knows when the next COC2 update comes out where they focus on the main story or other already made story's? or are the just actually needing to take their time because their transitioning from flash to java script? i just wanna know....
They need to port TiTS, CoC2 is fine. As to when will they add some more to the main story, no idea but definitely not anytime soon as the next big update is minotaurs village as far as I know.

Reactions: SainthoodSaint14
Jul 22, 2019

Which at least two (such as Quinn and Atugia) haven't the bare mininum to qualify, but hey. Do as I say, and not like I do.
It's a bit weird they haven't been pushed more towards writing their assigned companions, as far as I know the relevant authors still make new content? I'd get it if they had a name for themselves and just dipped, can't really help that, but doesn't seem to be the case.
Don't really get what the point of those big rules is if you're going to just let people flake on the companions anyway.

I get they're not beholden to the project at all, but shit dude, way bigger games than this have managed to be made with just volunteers. Look at enderal, that managed to get made without huge chunks of unfinished or abandoned content despite being way way way more work than any of these games (probably more than any on the whole site, tbh).

M0nte

Oct 4, 2020

How does Quinn not have bare minimum to qualify? From what I gather, Bubble is constant writter on that site for 3 years now, famous somewhat, Quinn has enough content to qualify as companion and has content updated to him pretty frequently.

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
They still haven't cleaned up leftover code from TiTS. The exhibitionism mechanic is still in the game, with no exhibitionism content at all. I hope they add it in at some point.

2.90 star(s) 107 Votes