destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
I think Tobs actually writes for free? I remember something about him believing getting paid for his writing will...do something or other.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Which I'm not sure if that makes things better really. Like why would Savin ever say no to thousands of pages of free content to bulk up his patches with, as long as they aren't received terribly by everyone. And unfortunately there are supporters who like most of his stuff.

Tobs and his 10,000 IQ have foiled us again.
That is...what...if that's true that's sad.

No matter how railroad-y Tobs's work is, he is still better than the likes of bubblelord, and if that fucker is getting paid Tobs deserves pay. That's just being taken advantage of.

Kallisto

Jun 6, 2019
Alright I dug some more. This is from fenoxo forums, thread Observation post of the Observer, first post ( ). Written by Tobs, obvs.

7b93c9d3296e6cfbfac4db0427bbaeb5.png

That's specifically under commissions but it sounds like he means for his writing in general, so I will assume Savin isn't paying him either. So he's not being taken advantage of, he's just...being Tobs.

Duskyleo

Dec 1, 2017
0.3.38 Patch Notes:

• Zo the Lupine Monk can now be encounter in Harvest Valley. Help her out, learn kung fu, maybe learn a little about each others’ bodies. ( )
  • You can now finally catch up with Infrith after the Right of Conquest questline — and have some fun. She looks pretty breedable, doesn’t she? ( )
  • There’s now a GALLERY feature accessible from the game’s main menu, showing CGs and busts.
    • Busts seen were not previously tracked; you’ll need to see them on your save to unlock them.
  • Roughly one metric fuckton of bugfixes courtesy of Leek.

Mandoto

Mar 23, 2021
Alright I dug some more. This is from fenoxo forums, thread Observation post of the Observer, first post ( ). Written by Tobs, obvs.

View attachment 1101555

That's specifically under commissions but it sounds like he means for his writing in general, so I will assume Savin isn't paying him either. So he's not being taken advantage of, he's just...being Tobs.
Thanks for digging that up, but like you said in an earlier post, I don't really think that makes it any better. If he were to stick to his corner with his foxes and the odd npc, that would be fine by me, I could choose not to engage with any of his content, but it seems his stuff has been bleeding over into the main story (or important seeming quests/areas) more and more. But also like you said, why would Savin deny the free labor of someone who's willing to write a small novel as a single sex scene? Such is life with Fenco and friends I guess.

HexKatars

Aug 24, 2017

Time to get hands on with some curvy orcs, and then learn some open-hand techiques from a quiet doggo!

0.3.38 Patch Notes:

• Zo the Lupine Monk can now be encounter in Harvest Valley. Help her out, learn kung fu, maybe learn a little about each others’ bodies. ( )
  • You can now finally catch up with Infrith after the Right of Conquest questline — and have some fun. She looks pretty breedable, doesn’t she? ( )
  • There’s now a GALLERY feature accessible from the game’s main menu, showing CGs and busts.
    • Busts seen were not previously tracked; you’ll need to see them on your save to unlock them.
  • Roughly one metric fuckton of bugfixes courtesy of Leek.
As always, you can become a backer and support the game’s development on…
!
!
… or !

Infrith and Hretha drowning a Champion in Kervus tid, by DieselBrain!

Azriel Satan

Jul 27, 2017
There’s now a GALLERY feature accessible from the game’s main menu, showing CGs and busts.
Wow, what a pointless feature when I can just open the games install folder and view them all there without any need of meeting the character.
When I started reading that sentience I was really hoping one of these games was going to finally give me the option to replay one time scenes but I guess that's too future technology still.

marctbg

Jan 6, 2021
Wow, what a pointless feature when I can just open the games install folder and view them all there without any need of meeting the character.
When I started reading that sentience I was really hoping one of these games was going to finally give me the option to replay one time scenes but I guess that's too future technology still.
If you use the javascript console in chrome or firefox you can trigger one off scenes easily. Usually if you start typing the name of a character (or their nickname, if they were given a nickname after being added), a list of executable events will popup for you to choose from. for example, I used it to repeatedly screw Kurako, Kohaku, Vari and Sleepy Snek (her call since she got a name much later) without waiting or RNG encounter bullshit.

Give it a go, ctrl+shift+I to open the console and in the text field start typing what you think the event name might be, right or wrong, if you're in the ballpark names/functions will start popping up. Just remember that events are functions, so even if the name auto completes, add empty parenthesis so it is executed and not treated as a variable or something else. For example: to cuddle with clementine, type "ClementineCuddle()", now go cuddle with her even if you're gay or a hetero girl, she is the best :confused:

Side note and completely off-topic: you can easily break your character and make them OP or give them certain items (camp supplies) using PC.[variable]=[value] & PC.[function]([possible arguments]). Additionally you can reset events by typing: flags.[event flag name]=[value | true | false]. Honestly browser debuggers are the only reason I look forward to the TiTs Javascript port but I do fear it'll be a spaghetti mess of code to read. Seriously you'd probably be surprised by how many events you wouldn't know were in the game, it's fun finding and or breaking new things in the game.

Edit: innumerable typos and grammatical errors.

Last edited:

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
Oho, I bred Infrith real good the last time I saw her. Maybe I should drop in and say "hello", hehe.

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019

View attachment 1101555

This is still not ethical. Doesn't matter if Tobs is conditioning himself with shit like "oh but it affects my work".

He is owed compensation for his work in a game that makes quite a bit of fucking money, and while we bitch and moan here, his content is some of the most popular for the majority of the players. There is a FUCKTON of his work in this game.

I never really respected Savin, but he is an actual asshole. And I absolutely despise Tobs' way of writing, but this is actually, legitimately just sad.

Maybe I'm thinking this the wrong way as Tobs himself doesn't want to be paid, but that phrase just immediately makes me think "manipulation". I still think Savin is taking advantage of the dude.

Vaman

Sep 26, 2017
Every person should be paid for working under such a project. It does not matter if the content is liked or not, it is the lead who decides to incorporate this persons skills and content in the game, so all blame is on Savin.

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
This new monk Zo, I'm not feeling it. Idk who this writer B is, is he new?

His prose is bad, the writing is a slog to read through. And it delves way too much into pseudo-philosophical magic shit.

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
This is still not ethical. Doesn't matter if Tobs is conditioning himself with shit like "oh but it affects my work".

He is owed compensation for his work in a game that makes quite a bit of fucking money, and while we bitch and moan here, his content is some of the most popular for the majority of the players. There is a FUCKTON of his work in this game.

I never really respected Savin, but he is an actual asshole. And I absolutely despise Tobs' way of writing, but this is actually, legitimately just sad.

Maybe I'm thinking this the wrong way as Tobs himself doesn't want to be paid, but that phrase just immediately makes me think "manipulation". I still think Savin is taking advantage of the dude.
Dude, fuck Tobs. He's a dick, as well as a shitty writer, and he doesn't deserve to be on the project, much less get paid for it.

Reactions: Dwemer

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
Dude, fuck Tobs. He's a dick, as well as a shitty writer, and he doesn't deserve to be on the project, much less get paid for it.
My dude, Tobs is a dick, he is a shitty writer, and he probably shouldn't be on a game project, but he is also a human being and deserves pay for his work (that we despise but the fenoxo forum guys love).

His writing is like 20-30 percent of this whole game. How is this guy not getting paid? Fuck Savin.

Miss_Blackthorne

Mar 25, 2020

His prose is bad, the writing is a slog to read through. And it delves way too much into pseudo-philosophical magic shit.
B is the writer of Brooke in CoC1, Paige, The Frostwym and Nykke in TiTS, Lyric and has taken over for Berwyn in CoC2 and probably more that i have forgotten. They've been around a long time

Mandoto

Mar 23, 2021

B did a lot of work on tits as well as Lyric in coc2 (probably more idk though). I usually don't hate his stuff, but I agree that the training scenes weren't too great and I had to force myself to read them.

Also, fun fact, his idea for a companion (a long time ago so I don't know if he's still writing them) was a character whom would eventually break into your camp and force fuck your companions after you sex them a few times. Best part is that they shit on you if you tell them to stop, and it basically says in the doc that it's to piss off people that want to have scenes only between a character and the pc. So another spiteful writer added to the pile, simply because your tastes diverge from their own.

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
B is the writer of Brooke in CoC1, Paige, The Frostwym and Nykke in TiTS, Lyric and has taken over for Berwyn in CoC2 and probably more that i have forgotten. They've been around a long time
I fear for future Berwyn content. I don't want shitty magical explanations for his summoning, I want more fucking.

I'm also entirely unsurprised they wrote Frostwyrm, that thing has the exact same exposition heavy content as Zo.

• Sad
Reactions: OofSs
2.90 star(s) 107 Votes