Mr Technician

Apr 30, 2018
More interesting would be a talk with ideas how people think what would ruin the game now, content-wise?

Edit: If none given - means game is developed good.

Last edited:

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
More interesting would be a talk with ideas how people think what would ruin the game now, content-wise?
Giving the kitsune an expanded role would definitely put it in the ground. Right now, they're in their own little containment area, but if they're allowed to metastasize, they'll take over and turn the game into a lame weeaboo visual novel, slathered in purple prose and unwarranted self-importance.

Jul 26, 2019
More kinetic content for a game all about choice. And basically being forced into a role/ludonarrative dissonance. Your character could literally kick puppies and corrupt everyone they see and yet they're nice to specific npcs? What the fuck. And the whole charade about kinetic content, im tired of Kitsune's den being the most consistantly updated thing in the game, while on the other hand it gives other writers the spotlight because Tobs is too interested in writing a den, at least that's my take

Mr Technician

Apr 30, 2018
Yep the Kitsune shall stop at some point. They have too much content and moreover they do feel like a "filler" in this game.

Edit: Also i would like to see Wayfort expanding with more possibilities of how to shape it, which would influence that world.

Reactions: Akira-Chan

M0nte

Oct 4, 2020
More kinetic content for a game all about choice. And basically being forced into a role/ludonarrative dissonance. Your character could literally kick puppies and corrupt everyone they see and yet they're nice to specific npcs? What the fuck. And the whole charade about kinetic content, im tired of Kitsune's den being the most consistantly updated thing in the game, while on the other hand it gives other writers the spotlight because Tobs is too interested in writing a den, at least that's my take
I think that would be to much work as of now to change your character to act differently with every NPC if you are corrupt enough.

What I would like to see, besides our champion corruption other people and more corrupt specific content, is for the game to acknowledge at certain point that your character is not as pure as s/he appears to others.
Like,for example, Kas acknowledging that we are getting more and more amoral by the day. That we do stuff not (only) for betterment of others but for our personal interest. And our champion admiting it.
Now, this would not really fix the feeling of us being the nice guy/gal in some cases, regardless of decisions we make. But at same time, it would, at least to me, make the champion feel more "evil lurking in the shadows". Instead of "that person that does evil stuff once in a while". It also opens the doors to some roleplay aspect. Like "I am just helping Cait to get to her hotter sister, not because I care for her". And it would make our sudden corrupt decisions (one minute we are petting the dogs, next we are kicking them) much less jarring.

Also on that note of making our decisions less jarring. I would like if they would forbid as of accesing some content if we are to pure/corrupt. Like, that would make corrupt system actually feel impactful once in a while. And maybe lock our corruption at certain point. That way, it makes our decisions have more weight to them and it gives more replay value to the game.

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
I think that would be to much work as of now to change your character to act differently with every NPC if you are corrupt enough.

What I would like to see, besides our champion corruption other people and more corrupt specific content, is for the game to acknowledge at certain point that your character is not as pure as s/he appears to others.
Like,for example, Kas acknowledging that we are getting more and more amoral by the day. That we do stuff not (only) for betterment of others but for our personal interest. And our champion admiting it.
Now, this would not really fix the feeling of us being the nice guy/gal in some cases, regardless of decisions we make. But at same time, it would, at least to me, make the champion feel more "evil lurking in the shadows". Instead of "that person that does evil stuff once in a while". It also opens the doors to some roleplay aspect. Like "I am just helping Cait to get to her hotter sister, not because I care for her". And it would make our sudden corrupt decisions (one minute we are petting the dogs, next we are kicking them) much less jarring.

Also on that note of making our decisions less jarring. I would like if they would forbid as of accesing some content if we are to pure/corrupt. Like, that would make corrupt system actually feel impactful once in a while. And maybe lock our corruption at certain point. That way, it makes our decisions have more weight to them and it gives more replay value to the game.
There's no need for the PC's motivations to be verbalized. I have no problem filling in my character's thoughts and feelings so long as the writers don't think to do that for me. Keep the PC's mindset vague so that the player can decide the whys and hows.

M0nte

Oct 4, 2020
There's no need for the PC's motivations to be verbalized. I have no problem filling in my character's thoughts and feelings so long as the writers don't think to do that for me. Keep the PC's mindset vague so that the player can decide the whys and hows.
But at same time, if you are keeping yourself corrupt, and I mean in range between 66-100, you are probably doing it because you like being corrupt. So It would be nice if our champion acknowledge it more and shown it in more subtle ways. Now, I am not expecting them to act all "evil mc gee" in every situation. Just some slow subtle differences. B is especially good at it compared to a lot of authors. For example, when finding Liric frozen in the snow. Our champion either thinks of checking them out either because they want to make sure if they are alive. Or if you are corrupt enough, because you want to steal stuff of there frozen corpse. More of that would always be appreciated.

Last edited:

Mandoto

Mar 23, 2021
Agreed, while I'm fine with with PC dialogue when it fits the tone of a scene, I do think it should be left fairly ambiguous for the most part. Otherwise it ruins CoC2 being a game "letting you play whatever kind of character you want."

For example, the Convocation of Mirrors event, where the PC speaks like a scholar no matter what kind of backstory you choose. I know that shit doesn't really matter, but it shouldn't be completely thrown out to have your character speak like fucking Socrates in one circumstance and like they just took a blow to the head in the next. But I guess that more speaks to the pretentiousness of some writers, and their unwillingness to divert from their original ideas.

And yes, I know that it would take ages to write dialogue for every backstory and class, that's not what I want. I would just rather have vague PC dialogue (unless it fits a scene) with the occasional bit of dialogue based on personality type.

M0nte

Oct 4, 2020
I mean, the backstories or so vague that you can easily justify your PC being so verbose or smart. Like, even Barbarian backstory, you could argue that you pilliged a lot of books and had schoolar slaves teach you how to write and stuff. Our champion is characterized as being a quick learner and a sauve after all.

And no, COC2 is long past the point of your character being "no named" entety. They already have some traits and there personality and stance changes from encounter to encounter. It is up to you to see if you like what the specific encounter offers. In any encounter, we are still able to have right thing to say at moment notice. Regardless of the author.

Last edited:

Mandoto

Mar 23, 2021
And no, COC2 is long past the point of your character being "no named" entety. They already have some traits and there personality and stance changes from encounter to encounter. It is up to you to see if you like what the specific encounter offers. In any encounter, we are still able to have right thing to say at moment notice. Regardless of the author.
Then why tout the game as "letting you play whatever kind of character you want" as opposed to "you play a character with multiple personalities, who can go from being a stoic badass to a cowering child in a matter of hours"?

M0nte

Oct 4, 2020
Then why tout the game as "letting you play whatever kind of character you want" as opposed to "you play a character with multiple personalities, who can go from being a stoic badass to a cowering child in a matter of hours"?
For marketing purposes, of course! Think man, think! Would you tout the game as "you play a character with multiple personalities, who can go from being a stoic badass to a cowering child in a matter of hours"? opposed to "letting you play whatever kind of character you want"? Simple decision my good sir.

Last edited:

Mandoto

Mar 23, 2021
For marketing purposes, of course! Think man, think! Would you tout the game as "you play a character with multiple personalities, who can go from being a stoic badass to a cowering child in a matter of hours"? opposed to "letting you play whatever kind of character you want"? Simple decision my good sir.
Sorry, I'm opposed to blatant deception.

M0nte

Oct 4, 2020
Sorry, I'm opposed to blatant deception.
I mean, it should have been obvious from the start. You must help Cait no matter what. And at same time, it is hard to write engaging scenarios if your character is blank slate. Especially in sex scenes which are intimate endevours. Your character is going to act differently in some scenes depending on the scenario and the character you are interacting with. It is much easier to write scenes like that. And every writer does it. From Wsan to the Observer. It is not unique to that scene.
But isn't that false advertising? That's not cool, bro.
I never said it was not. Still I do not remember what was the selling pitch for this game. Only thing that I remember is that they marketed it as a sequel to OG COC. With new world, story and characters.

Last edited:

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
I seem to remember a fan-made spiritual sequel to CoC1 that was being worked on prior to CoC2's announcement. There wasn't much to it when I played it, but the premise was that you were a hero who was about to confront the demon king. It turned out that he'd gotten bored of his life after a thousand years of indulging in pleasure, and he gave you his castle and all his shit. Pretty cool, wish I still had the copy I downloaded.

Mandoto

Mar 23, 2021
I mean, it should have been obvious from the start. You must help Cait no matter what. And at same time, it is hard to write engaging scenarios if your character is blank slate. Especially in sex scenes which are intimate endevours. Your character is going to act differently in some scenes depending on the scenario and the character you are interacting with. It is much easier to write scenes like that. And every writer does it. From Wsan to the Observer. It is not unique to that scene.
You can actually choose not to help Cait, you just get a game over. Also, I stated that I was fine with the writers having the pc do/say whatever as long as it fits the tone of the scene and character. Just leave it more ambiguous in the main story and most side quests.

M0nte

Oct 4, 2020
You can actually choose not to help Cait, you just get a game over. Also, I stated that I was fine with the writers having the pc do/say whatever as long as it fits the tone of the scene and character. Just leave it more ambiguous in the main story and most side quests.
Yeah, and you get game over. So in the end you do not have a choice and it is just there for flavor. To show that your character can say no in some situations.
Also why that arbitrary distinction between main and side content? Like, our character, no matter the background, is always smart, higly sophisticated and charming leader in almost every scene that is written. We are almost always put in position to make major decisions regardless who is in our party. I feel like it would be more out of character if our character could not solve quest like Mirrors for example. And If I remember corectly, the way that prose was written did not really feel out of place compared to the rest of the game. But it could also be that I enjoyed simply because I like playing as smart characters. So I have a little bias clouding my judgement.

Last edited:

Mandoto

Mar 23, 2021
Yeah, and you get game over. Same thing.
Also why that arbitrary distinction between main and side content? Like, our character, no matter the background, is always smart, higly sophisticated and charming leader in almost every scene that is written. We are almost always put in position to make major decisions regardless who is in our party. I feel like it would be more out of character if our character could not solve quest like Mirrors for example. And If I remember corectly, the way that content was written did not really feel that out of place with how the rest of the game is written.
Because of choice. You can choose to engage or not engage in certain sex scenes, you don't have a choice whether or not to play the main story. Also, I see it more out of character for our PC to outwit the actual Goddess of knowledge, especially so soon after the start of the adventure.

Reactions: destroyerofassholes

M0nte

Oct 4, 2020
Because of choice. You can choose to engage or not engage in certain sex scenes, you don't have a choice whether or not to play the main story. Also, I see it more out of character for our PC to outwit the actual Goddess of knowledge, especially so soon after the start of the adventure.
Yeah, but I would think that every part of the game should follow certain guide line to how our character is written.The champion is supposed to be some kind of amazing person that will soon be able to rule over some kind of estate or whatever. And expand your sfear of influence. That is the position the game is pushing you in the latest update. This whole game is just a power fantasy. No matter what the devs try to tell you.
And at same time, you still needed to solve that quest out on your own. Hell, you could have been locked out of compleating it you picked wrong options. Game did not do it for you. So I think it is sucesfull in making you feel smart. Not just showing that your character is smart.

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
Not sure about that but it will probably be explained when we finally see what is behind those imposing gates.

Patreon is a picky bitch. They say that they do not allow incest content, but they only seem to follow it when it comes to childxparent pairings. Siblings are fair game as seen with Miko/Mai, Ryn/Alyssa and /Phyria.

And I want to write some things that Wsan shared on 4cham forum /v/. It even has topics about how much kitsune suck, so you will feel right at home.
As for how I know it is him. He does ocasionally post some of his docs on 4chan to show us that it is really him behind the keys. In this thread he did not do that, but as you will soon see, he did post a lot of interesting tidbits when it comes to future patches. Some of it is on forums, but here he fleshed it out more.
As for things he wrote.

-First of people should not worry about how much he is getting paid at least. As he says, he is paid by the hour which is more then enough to pay off his living expenses in New Zealand. He usually clocks in 500-1000 words by the hour. So yeah, at least with him, this is his main gig.

-He is also a really nice dude if you have not noticed. He really encorugeous people to start writing and at same time, to get paid for what they write. As shown in last posts of given thread.

-Now this can not be found in given thread, but he says that Savin is not as bad as people claim. He is a great boss and leader from his experience. And that him personally could not lead project as massive as this one as good as Savin given the chance. Modest, maybe. Afraid of loosing his job if he says anything bad about him? Most definitely!

-Now, since this CoC2 thread, I am obliged to once again name Observer/Tobs and his kitsune content. Now, this was already stated in the forums, but just to make it known here, he is not getting paid constantly for his work on CoC2. As he is not an empoye. He does it that way because he considers it in his best interest. From what I gather, he gets almost free rain over Kitsune content while still pumping out pretty good chunk of pages for the rest of the game. So yeah, while it is annoying to a lot of people, at least you can all sleep easy that he is ruining your experience with the game nearly for free.

As for actual ingame content:
-Elthara is having an expansion for mayturnity. It will be pretty large one since he stopped his work on Khorminos just to have more focus in writing her. And yes, it will have impregnation content. Praise be to Goddess Lumia indeed.

-Dryads, as people, at some point are planned to have more content. After finishing major work for Khorminos mind you. Content such as more stuff with existing Dryads is not really the main thing in that specific batch tho. The new upcoming member of tree horse hippies is. There is more but that I will save for latter. He just wants you to know that he really likes Centuar/Dryads.

-Speaking of four legged horse races. Alante, that lady Centuar that you meet in Foothils, will be able to be tamed so to speak. If you beat her in combat Arena (one of first areas to be added as it is close to finalization) just outside of city, you will get to lay claim on her. Nice for people that like girls that really swoon over you. And for people that really like to feel powerful, like they earned their acclaims. And for me who is really into having a harem.

-He also plans to have much more corrupt content in the future. From corrupting Dryads by giving and removing dicks (there is that latter) to Evelyn. TO MORE KAS CONTENT, HALELUYA!!! He will remind you why this game has Corruption in the title. And once he starts, there will be no stopping him for a long time.

-More context about Brint/Briennes sister Rina. As said on forums she is 5.6 feet tall brown tomboy cowgirl minx that can either be your sub or maybe your Lesbian dominitrix. Now that later content is exlusive to Brienne route and you will have to have play vagina only champion. If you gain dick during any point (including magic cock, but you will have to equip it first), you are locked out of that content. She will have threesome scenes with her sister and champion, that also includes milking. Maybe a harem of girls, but Wsan is thinking of just letting her keep you and her sister. Pros and cons to both, as he notes. But if you like to play as a girl/cuntboy, but like to be dominant, do not worry. You can still do it. Lezdom only happens if you push her into it.

-As for Brienne, she is going to have content involving her own Magic cock. If you are interested in more, you can read a lot of stuff that Wsan is planing on his personal thread on Fenexo forums. It is COC2 discussion> Event submission> Wsan.

-Brint lovers should not be affraid from all this Brienne talk however. While he is loosing incestious content with her sister, he is going to have massive, size of his biceps, gains somewhere else. For example, he is going to have a potential harem of girls (and maybe a boy if we are lucky) if player is into that part of him. But as stated, you will have to push him into it, so If you want him to keep more of him to yourself, go for it. He also planned Ryn threesome sex scenes, but he did not really follow through it. That is not all, as he alludes to, but he did not reveal more.

-He said that he is glad,as much as suprised, that people enjoy Brint. And that he is not only liked by those with interest in fucking him. That people want more of his sexual scenes that not only include the champion, but other NPCs as well.
As stated, he makes sure to have his and Briennes content about even. "I'll be looking to concretely address this (belife that Brint will be left in the dust) because I REALLY don't want there to be a major discrepancy between the two characters."

Now I think that is everything important. If I missed anything, PM me so that I can ignore you.
I've just seen this post randomly after entering a random page number. If all that promised content comes, Wsan really is the best. Hell even if it didn't he is still the best because the standards are pretty fucking low at SavinCo lmao

Reactions: EdgeOfShadow
2.90 star(s) 107 Votes