Archaon11111

Engaged Member
Aug 14, 2020
Yeah, well, it was obvious that there was more to this story than what Hugs was letting on. If you take only what Hugs said for granted, Savin excluded him because of his mental illness apparently. Kinda have to give it to Savin on that one.

For what it 's worth, IF Savin paid B extra to write extra content just to spite HugsAlright, quite frankly, Savin is one petty, pathetic mfer.
Writers like B and BubbleLord get paid by the length of the content so yeah its definitely extra with a whole female expansion.

And well Savin did pay to have a fenoxo forum user inserted into the game as Hirrud for spamming cum rag cait memes, calling him a cuck and generally being an asshole. But Cat Harem did get put into the game because of that so thats the bright side.
This still does not tell me why Hugs did not want to get paid for his work. I can guess to some extent that since he was not technically under constant employment, like Tobs used to be, he only get payed for project that Savin himself hired him for. And I guess Berwyn was not one of them. Or he simply did not want to get payed, which I find strange from his end, since he was a pretty well known writer inside of community. Not like Fleep or Birds, who as of now write stuff out of passion for the game.

Now, if female Berwyn was born out of spite, I can see why that can be seen as petty. But since this is something that community at large wanted, I can not really say that I mind it overall. Especially since it seems that B is having fun with it. Helps that he, along with William, is my favorite writer, so more stuff from him is always good.

And personally, since we will be able to go cuntboy route, I am all for it. And considering what I am planing to do with Elfboy, throwing stone at the glass house does not seem wise.
I think thats more that Hugs thought he could build recognition with CoC2 and increase his own patron numbers at least thats what the other content creators do and is encouraged in fenoxo forum, Hugs has his own patreon running for commissions but I don't think it ever stretched beyond 40 dollars monthly.

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
Writers like B and BubbleLord get paid by the length of the content so yeah its definitely extra with a whole female expansion.

And well Savin did pay to have a fenoxo forum user inserted into the game as Hirrud for spamming cum rag cait memes, calling him a cuck and generally being an asshole. But Cat Harem did get put into the game because of that so thats the bright side.

I think thats more that Hugs thought he could build recognition with CoC2 and increase his own patron numbers at least thats what the other content creators do and is encouraged in fenoxo forum, Hugs has his own patreon running for commissions but I don't think it ever stretched beyond 40 dollars monthly.
Woah, who would have thought Hirrud was such a fucking Chad.

Thanks a lot, really appreciate it.

In short, ayy.

Long answer-
Since I started reading more, my creative side has been rejunuvated like never before. Along with me once again getting into drawing and painting regulary (now on my PC) I wanted to transform my abundance of free time into something more productive. So I started writing. For fun and mostly for myself. But it did cascade into need, well, to show off so to speak. So I needed an outlet. I though about just making account on Ao3 or something, writing futa on female smut for fun.

But then, around early July, with frustration reaching its boiling point with the lack of good male NPCs (before Liulfr) coming to CoC2 and lack of good husbandos that pander to my taste... It just made go "yeah, that does it". So I just started planning out what content I wanted to write. Not that I made much progress mind you. I was traveling a lot and did have to do the job as an intern. But once I finished all of that, around early august, I decided to finally start planning out and working on writing additional victory scenes for hobgoblins and on my pretty boy spider NPC.

The progress was going well. Until, what, a weak ago I read the thread on /cocg/ in which I found out that Elf Boy in the forest had option added to be removed as an encounter. Which made me go "Ahhhhhh shit, was he so annoying that people wanted him gone? Shame I liked him. But understandable since Hugs can not write for CoC2 anymore and no one else seems to be interested. If only...!"

And just like that, all my inspiration just transferred into a drive to do something about him. Not only because, as I said , I like his design and content. But because I hate concept of wasted space. Which, in this game case, is content that makes me go "what is the point" which this game can be said to have in spades. And writing a femboy that has actually meat to him, besides Berwyn , is something that this game sorely needs.

So yeah, big horse dick femboy charmed me.

Also, I see things have not changed much. Feels good.

This still does not tell me why Hugs did not want to get paid for his work. I can guess to some extent that since he was not technically under constant employment, like Tobs used to be, he only get payed for project that Savin himself hired him for. And I guess Berwyn was not one of them. Or he simply did not want to get payed, which I find strange from his end, since he was a pretty well known writer inside of community. Not like Fleep or Birds, who as of now write stuff out of passion for the game.

Now, if female Berwyn was born out of spite, I can see why that can be seen as petty. But since this is something that community at large wanted, I can not really say that it only accomplishes being spiteful. Especially since it seems that B is having fun with it. Helps that he, along with William, is my favorite writer, so more stuff from him is always good.

And personally, since we will be able to go cuntboy route, I am all for it. And considering what I am planing to do with Elfboy, throwing stone at the glass house does not seem wise.
Welcome back.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
HugsAlright just never intended for Berwyn to have any transformations including smaller dick, more feminine, to grow breasts or simply become a full woman. He was pretty adamant about that early on in CoC2 development, however he was very late with his projects and just disappeared for over a year and came back only to quit the project. Now you got three npcs including a companion that are abandoned.

When he left the team Savin hired a writer known as B to finish work on Berwyn since the character has not gotten an update in over 2 years due to HugsAlright taking long break and then suddenly leaving the team. There were no plans to have female Berwyn expansion but then HugsAlright returned and wanted to get back into the team but instead of doing it for free like last time he wanted to get paid like B however at that point Savin did not want him. Later on HugsAlright went on a tantrum on fenoxo forum and twitter, pissed off Savin to the point he paid extra to B and have a Berwyn female path added to his story thats where HugsAlright's recent rant comes in.
Sounds like kindergarten.
If it was up to me i'd just remove abandoned content and move on instead of fuming and even paying someone to get back at someone.... lmao.
Lmao, that's some interesting history piece. Didn't know Savin was so butthurty over trolls. :ROFLMAO:

Jul 26, 2019
What I'm saying is how to access that scene is very weird. That's inarguable. Kiyoko, and to a lesser extent Brienne, were more male-centered companions so it's only fair that females get one.
The way you access the scene by changing your gender is what Chris-Chan thought would happen when s/he came out as trans in the tomgirl/ideaguys saga.

• Haha
Reactions: Tatoba and Rat_King

M0nte

Oct 4, 2020
He himself was not annoying, what was annoying is meeting him every 5 seconds, which is why i pressed that "remove" button.
Oh I know. His encounter rate alongside his niche appeal and general lack of content does not help his case at all.
Which Is why I am following along the lines of removing him from encounter pool just like developers did. But instead of that being the end of his content, I would give him his own little corner of the Old Forest and move him there. For players to interact with him if they so wish for.

Berwyn is way too popular to be simply removed or simply forgotten patrons were demanding new content for the character for a long time.
Of course he bloody is. Feminine enough for "straight" men to like him (or not if looking at recent development) but still boyish and dominant for people that are also into guys. Nice amount bottoming content, even though he was supposed to be a dom, unlike certain bunny boy.

As for me I like him because he is closest one out of 3 male companions to be a husbando material. AKA, not a man whore.

Why hugs did not want to get paid is beyond me. People always wanted more content for Berry, so there was his avenue for more mulla.

Last edited:

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Berwyn is way too popular to be simply removed or simply forgotten patrons were demanding new content for the character for a long time.
Not sure what's so great about beta-elfboy but oh well... tastes and all that, i suppose.
But instead of that being the end of his content, I would give him his own little corner of the Old Forest and move him there. For players to interact with him if they so wish for.
I had the exact same thoughts about his case.

MogwaiKupo

May 14, 2017
Oh I know. His encounter rate alongside his niche appeal and general lack of content does not help his case at all.
Which Is why I am following along the lines of removing him from encounter pool just like developers did. But instead of that being the end of his content, I would give him his own little corner of the Old Forest and move him there. For players to interact with him if they so wish for.

Of course he bloody is. Feminine enough for "straight" men to like him (or not if looking at recent development) but still boyish and dominant for people that are also into guys. Nice amount bottoming content, even though he was supposed to be a dom, unlike certain bunny boy.

As for me I like him because he is closest one out of 3 male companions to be a husbando material. AKA, not a man whore.

Why hugs did not want to get paid is beyond me. People always wanted more content for Berry, so there was his avenue for more mulla.
Maybe he was like Tobs, Tobs didn't want to get paid because he thought being under Savin's thumb would hurt his writing. It did, Rindo and Kiyoko alterations shows that. But I guess looking at that 30k a month changed their minds about being a freelance writer real fast.

• Haha
Reactions: ♍VoidTraveler

MogwaiKupo

May 14, 2017
Sounds like kindergarten.
If it was up to me i'd just remove abandoned content and move on instead of fuming and even paying someone to get back at someone.... lmao.

Lmao, that's some interesting history piece. Didn't know Savin was so butthurty over trolls. :ROFLMAO:
Savin apparently posts bounties on discord on stuff he wants to be written in. If you're questioning the Brienne Hobgood rape loss or the Lusamine-Cait cuck/voyeur scene he had a hand in both of them. He can be extremely petty when he wants to be.

• Haha
Reactions: ♍VoidTraveler

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Savin apparently posts bounties on discord on stuff he wants to be written in. If you're questioning the Brienne Hobgood rape loss or the Lusamine-Cait cuck/voyeur scene he had a hand in both of them. He can be extremely petty when he wants to be.
Honestly i still don't get why Fen allowed him to proceed with coc2 to this day.
Maybe he believed in Savin? Or maybe he just didn't give a shit? Who knows.

Reactions: aroeah126

JTakiyaa

Dec 9, 2019
Yeah I remember when B said that it's very clear that Savin is doing this out of spite.
He's such a problematic person. Why does he solve every problem by being an asshole and making a fight and spite people. Can't he just come to an agreement to pay Hugs for his past service before dropping him off. And just pay a few sum for his character and letting him know beforehand about letting other writers take over his character. But on the bright side. Now he butchered someone's creation, modders will start butcher the game too.

Jul 22, 2019
Can't he just come to an agreement to pay Hugs for his past service before dropping him off. And just pay a few sum for his character and letting him know beforehand about letting other writers take over his character.
from what I know the original author wasn't exactly reasonable about the whole situation. dude was spotty for ages and then came back and got himself banned, which isn't exactly a great starting point if you want to get paid for work you agreed to provide for free.

Savin is an asshole (and fen let him be in charge because fen has historically been an asshole too, lol), but in this case it's not terribly unreasonable. Berwyn has always been a divisive companion, he's just straight up not physically appealing to most players and his personality is at best an acquired taste, approving a path that'll at least get rid of one of those issues is just a smart choice imo.

Also ngl but I always find it very silly that authors write stuff for larger projects where they don't get to necessarily decide how things will go and then get worked up when they don't get to decide how things go, particularly when they aren't very valued members of a team. Wsan, tobs and a couple others get to write all sorts of shit because they actually write all sorts of shit, if you're not consistently contributing you don't really ever get much say in this sort of thing. Editors cut things before publication or tell authors to rework stuff they don't think fits all the time, it's just good practice.

I do think authors should all be paid, but to be completely honest most of the unpaid authors wouldn't have ever been offered paid positions if the project was handled more professionally. If you're paying full time or getting commissions done you're going to go with proven people or run some sort of more exacting interview process (on top of hiring a full time editor, which I don't believe they have?)

JTakiyaa

Dec 9, 2019
from what I know the original author wasn't exactly reasonable about the whole situation. dude was spotty for ages and then came back and got himself banned, which isn't exactly a great starting point if you want to get paid for work you agreed to provide for free.
Yeah probably from his standpoint his take was, free work means no full responsibility to fully focus on his writing. Since one of the reasons he went off was because of his mental illness he probably had to focus on other full-time job to cover his medical expenses? Probably saw writing on the team as a hobby more than a full time commitment. Just my opinion.

Also ngl but I always find it very silly that authors write stuff for larger projects where they don't get to necessarily decide how things will go and then get worked up when they don't get to decide how things go, particularly when they aren't very valued members of a team. Wsan, tobs and a couple others get to write all sorts of shit because they actually write all sorts of shit, if you're not consistently contributing you don't really ever get much say in this sort of thing. Editors cut things before publication or tell authors to rework stuff they don't think fits all the time, it's just good practice.
Yeah it kinda make sense now since its a good quality control. Maybe these authors need to know what kinda situation they will have to step into and devise an agreement before shit happens not after.

I do think authors should all be paid, but to be completely honest most of the unpaid authors wouldn't have ever been offered paid positions if the project was handled more professionally. If you're paying full time or getting commissions done you're going to go with proven people or run some sort of more exacting interview process (on top of hiring a full time editor, which I don't believe they have?)
Agreeing with this, since the amount of payment they receive from the crowdfunding. It should be affordable to pay the writers that submit some few extra content starting from now. Especially since there have been a considerable amount of dropping content delivery from the main writing team. Like when Tobs carried the game for a few updates already relying on his content alone. As much as i hate his stupid bloating content he deserved his new position being a paid writer for CoC2.

Jul 22, 2019
Yeah probably from his standpoint his take was, free work means no full responsibility to fully focus on his writing. Since one of the reasons he went off was because of his mental illness he probably had to focus on other full-time job to cover his medical expenses? Probably saw writing on the team as a hobby more than a full time commitment. Just my opinion.
Ye I agree, and I honestly can't at all fault him for leaving (or potentially even being flakey, depending on the nature of the illness) if there's mental health concerns, it's the coming back and expecting the team to not have moved on I think is silly, same with calling the writers bad people for wanting to keep working on the project. Savin is 100% a spiteful dickhead a lot of the time, but in this case I just can't see it as an unreasonable choice.

They wrote a divisive character, neglected to flesh them out or adjust them to be more palatable to the larger audience, and now are mad that the team didn't just leave the character in their controversial unfinished state forever. It's very irrational.

It should be affordable to pay the writers that submit some few extra content starting from now. Especially since there have been a considerable amount of dropping content delivery from the main writing team.
Definitely, I get not paying them full time, but on a per word basis should be more than achievable considering the amount they pull in and the fact they do have a main writing team to keep stuff moving along. Tobs honestly has the potential to be a solid overall writer, he just needs a competent editor that's willing to tell him to cut the stupid 20000 word walls of text about irrelevant shit, and to keep him focused on this being primarily a smut RPG. Basically everything he writes feels like an author who's never learned to kill their darlings, it's by far his biggest issue imo.

I do agree he deserves the paid position though, regardless of my opinion on the quality of his work if it's being approved and they're profiting from his efforts consistently he 100% deserves part of that. Whether it's worth using his stuff over paying a more experienced writer is another point entirely.

MogwaiKupo

May 14, 2017
Honestly i still don't get why Fen allowed him to proceed with coc2 to this day.
Maybe he believed in Savin? Or maybe he just didn't give a shit? Who knows.
We complain, but Coc2 actually makes more then Tainted Space on Patreon. You can argue about paypigs and the coc branding all you want but this game is still making bank. Fen's probably proud, soon Coc2 will be raking in Patreon money for moving absolutely nowhere, just like his project Tainted Space. Savin's bringing a tear to Fen's eye.

2.90 star(s) 107 Votes