WazaQQXOXO

Jul 10, 2021
My problem with the above is that I can't help but perceive at least some of the disproportionate reaction as the consequences of deep-seated, almost subconscious, sexist bigotry. Would people hate Cait as much as they do if she were male? If she weren't a "slut"? Maybe not a question for a thread such as this, but it's interesting all the same.
Her being a priestess affiliated the temple of Moloch-Baal ain't doing any favour to the character: the sex of the character / their sexuality don't matter when the writing is subpar.

I empathized with the pussycat harem: I couldn't give a shit when Savin's OC came begging for a ripp-off.

Reactions: Wrynn13

Mandoto

Mar 23, 2021
Guess some of my posts from like a week ago were a part of the fallout. Kinda wish I was here to see what actually happened, but it is what it is.
Except you don't really get to challenge her attitude. You're more or less forced to go with it which is silly. Especially if you're a high corrupted character because you're supposed to be an edgelord in your dialogue with that. You'd be in a pissing contest with her immediately. The entire temple would be drowning in it.
Pertaining to PC dialogue, I really wish the writers would include the personality types more. Obviously the way each writer writes PC dialogue is different; from a pretentious scholar stuck in an eternal existential crisis (TOBs), to a normal sentient being (Wsan). As it's been said before, this makes the PC come off as having multiple personalities, and I really think including more variations in PC dialogue based on personality would go a long way in reining in the whole "multiple personalities" thing, since there would at least be a constant.

On the same note, I remember reading in an early synopsis of the game; that cunning would affect the PC's dialogue, making it more witty or humorous, similar to the mischievous personality from TiTS. I have yet to see any of that. So either this hasn't been adhered to at all by any of the writers, or their wit/humor is so dry that it's indistinguishable from the way they normally write.

Avakao

Jun 4, 2020
About Agni. I decided not to have sex right away with her. She AND Cait guilt tripped me because I decided to not act so fast and ask questions first like any person with some sense would. Then, it worked. I reloaded my save, fucked her as the first thing imagining Cait watching my champion, then looking at Cait after she was done and saying; are you happy now? I hope so, now you can go home, she'll take your place in the group.

The only other writer that keep trying to guilt trip me, and again using Cait was Bubblelord. Like, I don't care about his characters and then is like, no you can't do that, look how cute, hot, whatever they are. Don't ignore my characters you bitch.

Honestly, the biggest issue is not the companions, or whatever. Is that every writer when creating one, or making a new scene adds their own champion personality and likes/dialogues to it. So, We actually don't have a champion with a personality to fit the player choices. But a personality that will change every time a different writer gets their hands on them to fit what they want to happen.

Just look at the whole Kitsune thing. Tobs made my eyes bleed in every scene I had interacting with any of them. My champion was acting in a way that I was like. WTH is happening here. Who the fuck is this character I'm playing with?

In some scenes my character acts like she's cool, smart, etc, then later is a crazy bitch beating some dude's head until it bleeds because she can't speak anymore, Since Tobs don't know how to have a PC talking, they instead think and hopefully, the NPCs will be mindreaders.

In the end, the best thing for me will be this. Put story mod, create white mage / Paladin play solo ignoring companions except for Ryn for her story, romance Kas. best decision I will be making when the game is finished.

pasq521

Aug 24, 2017
I'm having trouble installing it on android: the link downloads a .zip file, and even after compressing it doesn't let me install. Help?

Avakao

Jun 4, 2020
I gotta tell you, Agni's personality really turns me off, but I screwed her anyway, because that's what my character would do. I regret it now, though.
I agree. I liked her concept, but the execution and her personality, not that much. I honestly can see after hearing how Cait is crazy with her hitting on her all the time, and She already talked about a future threesome, I have this feeling that she was just created that Savin and B would hit on each other using their characters.

And maybe is just me. But she doesn't seem to fit the story, not at all. At best she would be a nice NPC in my opinion. She doesn't give me the companion vibes. Ofc I got her in this playthrough, but I doubt the next time I won't just sell her ashes to Ivris or any merchant I meet. Or just drop it anywhere, whatever.

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
I agree. I liked her concept, but the execution and her personality, not that much. I honestly can see after hearing how Cait is crazy with her hitting on her all the time, and She already talked about a future threesome, I have this feeling that she was just created that Savin and B would hit on each other using their characters.

And maybe is just me. But she doesn't seem to fit the story, not at all. At best she would be a nice NPC in my opinion. She doesn't give me the companion vibes. Ofc I got her in this playthrough, but I doubt the next time I won't just sell her ashes to Ivris or any merchant I meet. Or just drop it anywhere, whatever.
Cait wasn't a problem because I don't use her, but Agni's personality just sucks. I mean, she spent her intro scene just talking about how great she is and how I'm super lucky to get to fuck her, and I'm just like, "Bitch, you are nothing to me." She's basic AF, but dollars to donuts her writer really thinks she's the bee's knees.

arls120

Sep 12, 2020
I mean, Cait and Brint are friends with Benefits. And game makes it perfectly clear that Brints loves to fuck around. I do not see why you would hold that against her.
I'm sorry it must have been because of the translator who was not understood well but it is simply an excuse that he invented to be able to break relations with cait with some drama, do not take it seriously.:LOL::ROFLMAO:

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
I hope someone else does new Agni busts because this "Anon" guy's stiff sucks.
...what?

Agni has the best bust in the game. This is the one thing I don't agree with you on the whole thread.

Just her general art is great and well beyond any other artist in the game, but I also really like her proportions. They're actually realistically drawn. Her tits aren't gigantic ass destroyers that somehow defy gravity.

Daken9

Apr 28, 2017
About Agni. I decided not to have sex right away with her. She AND Cait guilt tripped me because I decided to not act so fast and ask questions first like any person with some sense would. Then, it worked. I reloaded my save, fucked her as the first thing imagining Cait watching my champion, then looking at Cait after she was done and saying; are you happy now? I hope so, now you can go home, she'll take your place in the group.

The only other writer that keep trying to guilt trip me, and again using Cait was Bubblelord. Like, I don't care about his characters and then is like, no you can't do that, look how cute, hot, whatever they are. Don't ignore my characters you bitch.

Honestly, the biggest issue is not the companions, or whatever. Is that every writer when creating one, or making a new scene adds their own champion personality and likes/dialogues to it. So, We actually don't have a champion with a personality to fit the player choices. But a personality that will change every time a different writer gets their hands on them to fit what they want to happen.

Just look at the whole Kitsune thing. Tobs made my eyes bleed in every scene I had interacting with any of them. My champion was acting in a way that I was like. WTH is happening here. Who the fuck is this character I'm playing with?

In some scenes my character acts like she's cool, smart, etc, then later is a crazy bitch beating some dude's head until it bleeds because she can't speak anymore, Since Tobs don't know how to have a PC talking, they instead think and hopefully, the NPCs will be mindreaders.

In the end, the best thing for me will be this. Put story mod, create white mage / Paladin play solo ignoring companions except for Ryn for her story, romance Kas. best decision I will be making when the game is finished.
Damn, at least Arona defended my guy's virtue while he stood there like a sucker. That cat out here backstabbing even the two and a half people who take her out. Kinda savage :KEK:

Cait wasn't a problem because I don't use her, but Agni's personality just sucks. I mean, she spent her intro scene just talking about how great she is and how I'm super lucky to get to fuck her, and I'm just like, "Bitch, you are nothing to me." She's basic AF, but dollars to donuts her writer really thinks she's the bee's knees.
Down to how she laughs to her own jokes, or how we're forced to congratulate her for them. Shit's quite up there in the cringle scale.

Reactions: Daddums and Fiz1247

Avakao

Jun 4, 2020
Damn, at least Arona defended my guy's virtue while he stood there like a sucker. That cat out here backstabbing even the two and a half people who take her out. Kinda savage :KEK:
Arona, defends the champion if you decide not to fuck Agni in the spot? o.0 If so, I need to pay more attention to her, maybe. Hmm.

Daken9

Apr 28, 2017
Arona, defends the champion if you decide not to fuck Agni in the spot? o.0 If so, I need to pay more attention to her, maybe. Hmm.
Tells her to fuck right off, not even paraphrased. Never felt more impotent and proud at the same time :KEK:

But yeah, while dom Arona is just a run-of-the-mill bully out to cuck you, sub Arona is actually pretty great. Doesn't have that much content compared to others but she's easily my second favorite companion (which admiteddly isn't saying much, looking at the All-Stars on the bench :KEK: ).

King_Ogre

May 18, 2021
I go to get some rest and what I find?
It seems that Savin lurked the bread and started to cry to the jannies and go full deleto (i got 3 nuked because trollen') :HideThePain:
So, I wanna think that my 3 posts hurted the fee fees of some pipo from Fens forum.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019

From how B spoke about that first scene I knew it was going to be controversial. B really thinks Agni's reaction to asking questions is justified. He argued about it with channers.

That whole scene is just a result of tunnel vision. Writers get lost in the scene they're writing and cannot see it from a non-biased perspective. The result is this.

How the fuck am I getting chastised by my own companions for NOT wanting to fuck this random dangerous burning person who just appeared?

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
Tells her to fuck right off, not even paraphrased. Never felt more impotent and proud at the same time :KEK:

But yeah, while dom Arona is just a run-of-the-mill bully out to cuck you, sub Arona is actually pretty great. Doesn't have that much content compared to others but she's easily my second favorite companion (which admiteddly isn't saying much, looking at the All-Stars on the bench :KEK: ).
I actually really like sub Arona. Probably my second or third favorite companion. Savin didn't do bad with her, I think. Her content does offer choice after all. I hope she gets more content.

My only issue is that one Cait threesome thing, where if you get a titjob from both of them, you are now permalocked to randomly seeing Arona fuck her whenever you click on Cait. I mean, knowing Savin, I would have expected Arona to start fucking Cait without any prerequisite actions.

Reactions: Daken9

Daken9

Apr 28, 2017
I actually really like sub Arona. Probably my second or third favorite companion. Savin didn't do bad with her, I think. Her content does offer choice after all. I hope she gets more content.

My only issue is that one Cait threesome thing, where if you get a titjob from both of them, you are now permalocked to randomly seeing Arona fuck her whenever you click on Cait. I mean, knowing Savin, I would have expected Arona to start fucking Cait without any prerequisite actions.
Might as well not exist as far as i'm concerned. I only approach Cait that once to pat her head and unlock Kas' temple scene, because for some reason the latter is somehow linked to the former.

2.90 star(s) 107 Votes