RenH

Nov 5, 2020
View attachment 1547345
Mallach's temple is not a child-grooming circle, it is a brothel.

I can't do it anymore.
>"Gosh, if you don't like turboslut Cait, then don't build the turboslut brothel!"
Not only is this incredibly condescending, anyone with a half a brain that's ever played this game would know that not only is this never really properly hinted at in game, it also is designed so that refusing to build the brothel at all would lock you out of quite a fair bit of content including Kas content. Besides, for most people that have some affection for Cait, they'd be thinking to build the temple under the impression that it would help progress her story further, not turn her into more of a slut than she already is.

Daddums

Oct 26, 2019
I've got mixed feelings about that. I was over the moon when I found out that she'd finally been added, but then I get to her content and she's a resentful bitch with implied mommy issues who shows up at my house and acts like she owns the place. Fancy. I think I'd rather have another might-have-been than live with whatever abortion Savin & Friends are no doubt cooking up.
Given how often she says "doofus" I think someone is trying too hard to create Kiha 2.0. Aileh just doesn't feel like her own character and really just comes off as recycled, but without the benefit of being able to benefit from power fantasy so the insufferable behavior is magnified because there's no way we can challenge it without completely removing the character.

Again, there's no nuance to this game. You either kick them out or put up with their bullshit. You can't help them grow as a character or companion, make them better or more compatible to yourself. It's either take this piece of shit or leave it. Either be a doormat or an asshole. Not only that the shaping or growth of some characters were completely hijacked by a dev member so they can make that character how they wanted them and make that canon with you no longer having any say in the matter. That's not just their default now, that's the only outcome.

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
I've got mixed feelings about that. I was over the moon when I found out that she'd finally been added, but then I get to her content and she's a resentful bitch with implied mommy issues who shows up at my house and acts like she owns the place. Fancy. I think I'd rather have another might-have-been than live with whatever abortion Savin & Friends are no doubt cooking up.
I'm guessing that Skow didn't want to just have another fucktoy character in the game, so they tried to give her more of a personality.

It's hit or miss. I don't resent her quite as strongly as you do, but yeah her writing is pretty ehh.

Daken9

Apr 28, 2017
Mega
0.4.27 Patch Notes:

• Keros can be a girl now?? Talk to your local trickster deity to learn more. (By TheObserver)
What is this, the second tobs heavy update in a month. Holy balls, man.

Don't get me wrong, i get that the universe needs to offset No Way Home coming out, balance and all that, but this is getting a bit much.

Jan 25, 2018
View attachment 1547345

I can't do it anymore.
Honestly I try to avoid deep discussion about this game because of the wild inconsistency in central design for it, but the sad part is there are so many ways good feminist or sex-positive analysis/phil would hihlight the fucked up things this implies about views of women (esp sex workers who run brothels) despite trying to pass itself off as taking a moral stand. "Ah yes you encouraged her sluttiness so now that's what defines her; that's the natural consequence of this!". Talk about reducing the autonomy of women to consciously evaluate major changes in their life (and remember, most of this stuff is probably happening in a month of 'IRL TIME" tops because of the game design) and change organically.

This is reads as depressingly misogynistic shit dressed up as "you're QUESTIONING her CHOICES, what did you expect?" I've read in a while. And I say that as somebody who's an enthusiastic supporter of slutting it up and has an actual academic history of studying sex work - although yknow, the institutional way it's portrayed in this game makes me kinda creeped out a little bit. It's even fucking more insane when you realise their actual justification for this horribly one-sided narrative that basically reduces women's agency to "well you shouldn't have encouraged her to be slutty so she's incapable of conceptualising a balance of enjoying sexuality in an open way alongside romance" (or deconstructing either) BECAUSE doing so introduces a game mechanic of "trade offs" between one path or another? Aren't these the same goddamn people who flip the fuck out over the same shit being a reason to say stuff like "Mario shouldn't have to always rescue the princess"?

I mean sure who the fuck expects a nuanced understanding of the dangers of normalising sexualised behaviour as ritual practice in a videogame written by people with literally no professional experience in the history of sex, religion or power dynamics and are paid in a very specific system that incentivises finding a loyal subscriber base to live out their power fantasies instead of creating mass-market content that is commercial and makes a universal human point ... but christ.

clarification: not replying to the post, but the the image quoted (just to clarify)

Last edited:

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
Honestly I try to avoid deep discussion about this game because of the wild inconsistency in central design for it, but the sad part is there are so many ways good, solid feminist or sex-positive analysis can highlight the supremely fucked up things this implies about views of women (esp sex workers who run brothels) despite trying to pass itself off as taking a moral stand. "Ah yes you encouraged her sluttiness so now that's what defines her; that's the natural consequence of this!". Talk about reducing the autonomy of women to consciously evaluate major changes in their life (and remember, most of this stuff is probably happening in a month of 'IRL TIME" tops because of the game design) and change organically.

This is quietly some of the most misogynistic shit dressed up as "you're QUESTIONING her CHOICES, what did you expect?" I've read in a while. And I say that as somebody who's an enthusiastic supporter of slutting it up - although yknow, the institutional way it's portrayed in this game makes me kinda creeped out a little bit. I mean sure who the fuck expects a nuanced understanding of the dangers of normalising sexualised behaviour as ritual practice in a videogame written by people with literally no professional experience in the history of sex, religion or power dynamics ... but christ.

clarification: not replying to the post, but the the image quoted (just to clarify)
My main issue is the literal child grooming function of said temples. All children born in those temples to the prostitutes there are raised as adherents to that temple. So prostitutes.

That's fucked up. I'd also argue against the ridiculous orientalism and all but eh.

Jan 25, 2018
My main issue is the literal child grooming function of said temples. All children born in those temples to the prostitutes there are raised as adherents to that temple. So prostitutes.

That's fucked up. I'd also argue against the ridiculous orientalism and all but eh.
I mean again, I wouldn't expect the maturity to see the issues they've implied and actually address them in any indie game writing its just what it is. I was more fixated on like "holy shit the actual justifications you're writing somehow manage to be implying EVEN WORSE things about u" since everyone else is talking about the implications of grooming already.

Konstantinus

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2019
This is reads as depressingly misogynistic shit dressed up as "you're QUESTIONING her CHOICES, what did you expect?" I've read in a while. And I say that as somebody who's an enthusiastic supporter of slutting it up and has an actual academic history of studying sex work - although yknow, the institutional way it's portrayed in this game makes me kinda creeped out a little bit. It's even fucking more insane when you realise their actual justification for this horribly one-sided narrative that basically reduces women's agency to "well you shouldn't have encouraged her to be slutty so she's incapable of conceptualising a balance of enjoying sexuality in an open way alongside romance" (or deconstructing either) BECAUSE doing so introduces a game mechanic of "trade offs" between one path or another? Aren't these the same goddamn people who flip the fuck out over the same shit being a reason to say stuff like "Mario shouldn't have to always rescue the princess"?
Then you rage out at TOBS reasoning why you can not have a normal relationship with your daughter because being a loving caring parent is in his eyes only an excuse for selfish grooming your child to have an incestuous relationship with you.

Then I recommend you stay away from the German Pen & Paper RPG The Dark Eye too. Because there they have the same with the Rahja church even though the RPG is since ancient times for body positivity and true gender equality.
Funfact Rahjas Twin Sister Travia is like Hestia the goddess of family so sex should be mainly between married husband and wife for making children and you should stay your whole live with one partner until death do us part.

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Mega
0.4.27 Patch Notes:

• Keros can be a girl now?? Talk to your local trickster deity to learn more. (By TheObserver)
Forget Keros, Turn Nakano to a gal so I can somehow prevent the wedding.

Me: I'd be glad to have them do a homo relationship than the girl I raised get dicked.
ToBs: Female Nakano? Say no more...Here's Futa Nakano~~~

Me: *Raging intensifies*

King_Ogre

May 18, 2021
View attachment 1547345

I can't do it anymore.
Knowing Savin that was his plan, he intentionally could plot that we were in the dark just to give us a "surprise" when Cait goes full whore then blame us for encouraging her to be like that (ULTIMATE CUCK). Really. When Savin proposes something he can be creqative on how to ruin the game's experience only to satisfize his fucking fetish.

2.90 star(s) 107 Votes