destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
I am thinking that I can see what is bothering you here but at same time I can not follow your train of thought all the way through. What is the eact problem here?
For me, the problem is that this is a pathetic jab at Kas. I don't think Kas gives half an ounce of a fuck about Quin or you.

I think this paragraph would make for some interesting discussion tbh

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Konstantinus

M0nte

Oct 4, 2020
For me, the problem is that this is a pathetic jab at Kas. I don't think Kas gives half an ounce of a fuck about Quin or you.

There are instances when the champion, the one in relationship with her, just throws in a quick jab at Kas. I think if you give birth to Brints children there is one that paints Kas as a villain that must be stopped. Not even alluding to fact if your champion is into her or not. It is just authors writing in the moment and I always chalk up to it our champion just thinking what is on their mind. Not really justifying it here, just my take.

At same time, I do not find this one grating, so to speak. I think it only really suffers from using the world cucked. Maybe jealous would be more appropriate and/or less childish. Since the way I read it is:
a) If your champion dislikes Kas, you would be kind of glad/amused by the prospect of Kas being bitter that she was directly throwing herself at you, and here you are just throwing yourself into the arms of a assholish bunny boy and wanting her dead.
b)Lovers of Kas can perceive this as the champion saying how jealous Kas would be that you, her lover, are showing equal amount of affectiong torwards the jerk ass bunny.

Now, that said, you could argue that this is maybe informing to much of emotional connection between Quinn and the champion without players input. As in, it is equaling the relationship between you and Kas and you and the rape boy as equal. This is all in eyes of beholder after all, since some players may seem one greater then the other or they value both equally. Now, a writer usually has no way to gauge the players interest in the character or they have no desire to. Barely any NPC has a relationship gauge (even Kas, the one you pursue, can either be your enemy or lover, nothing in between). So they can just write one type of dialogue. But than again in case of Quinn, who has one baked into his code (you can be his acquaintance,friend,lover) probably could account for it in some way.

But at same time, mentioning others NPCs is pretty pointless in my opinion because accounting for all those variables is more pain than it is worth. Well, usually. So maybe Bubsy should have just not bothered with mentioning Kas to begin with.

Last edited:

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020

I think that was supposed to be hyperbole, not an actual jab at Kas. It's like a chick saying, "I'm so hot, even gay guys want me." Like, it's not meant to be taken literally.

Personally, I find the paragraph amusing, because this is the character that I give no shits about, but who is being portrayed as best boyfriendo by the writing.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: destroyerofassholes

King_Ogre

May 18, 2021
image_2022-01-09_193028.png
After reading that paragraph I have some concerns in different ways.
Here that sentence describes McDonut™ as having an affair or some sort of relationship with Quinnbro (something that can be either be het or gay idc tbh) but setting on stone that us having something with the bnuy boi. So, again. We are nothing but a 0 to the left.

Then I have a suspicion that we are going to get a writter drama close to erupt. In that single sentece I can feel a bit of scorn against Kas writter(s)/fans. Implying that McDonut/the player has something that either they are in or not (It doesn't matter because a writter is setting that we are officially having an affair with an NPC/companion without our consent). So i can infere the following.

-BubbleLord fought against someone (Kas writter that I suppose is not Savin)
-He wrote that to either piss the Kas lovers and please Savin's cuck fetish
-He thought that it could be a nice joke

Dunno why that could be necesary, but the damage is done I guess.

M0nte

Oct 4, 2020
It is weird state where champion is a self insert but at same time they need to have some type of emotional reaction to scenes surrounding them since the text would feel dry otherwise. The only think that is strictly defined about the champion is that they are willing to fuck everyone (not that the player is) and that they are special. Not really a wide net of attributes.

And you can not really avoid giving some of your envisioned characteristics onto the champ just by being a mostly blank slate. Now, to what extent someone does is all up to individual writtersince Savin does not have a concrete guideline. Take that as you will.

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
I don't think Quint is THAT bad. You can tell him to fuck off, so you're not forced to see his content.

Same with Takahiro. You can always just perma-ignore his ass. Some writers do not allow you this.

It's just that most people don't actually care for male content, and for those that do, BL's content is amongst the worst of the writer lineup.

Reactions: Sin-xix and M0nte

Kallisto

Jun 6, 2019
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I found this funny, especially since I believe it's a very bad idea for project lead to also be a lead writer. Unless they are somehow able to keep themselves on a strict schedule and have delegated other parts of project lead job to other people (ie: I think for a long time Fen only trusted himself to go over submissions and greenlight them for coding, which led to a huge backlog - had he delegated that work to 1-2 other ppl, things might have gone better). But anyway, Savin somehow making it seem like it's the fault of other people that he always has to put out unfinished content is...something.

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
We've truly reached critical mass if we're looking for actual reasons to hate on Quint.

I mean, his mere existence, coupled with that of Takahiro, is more than enough to shit on BubbleLord forevermore. No need to be specific about it :KEK:
True, but for good measure, here's more reasons.

1. His dumb outfit
2. He sucks so much that even Tollus's shitty cult didn't want him
3. 8 Corruption penalty for telling him to fuck off. You get 7 corruption for really actually raping Infrith, so BubbleLord basically says that not wanting to associate with him is worse than raping a handicapped person
4. Was in a sex cult, but is definitely a virgin
5. Goes around barefoot, even thought it's cold as fuck out. What a douche.
6. Armpit hair

Last edited:

Daken9

Apr 28, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I found this funny, especially since I believe it's a very bad idea for project lead to also be a lead writer. Unless they are somehow able to keep themselves on a strict schedule and have delegated other parts of project lead job to other people (ie: I think for a long time Fen only trusted himself to go over submissions and greenlight them for coding, which led to a huge backlog - had he delegated that work to 1-2 other ppl, things might have gone better). But anyway, Savin somehow making it seem like it's the fault of other people that he always has to put out unfinished content is...something.
Damn, Wsan. Well, now we know why the Brienne rape scene was greenlit :KEK:

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
True, but for good measure, here's more reasons.

1. His dumb outfit
2. He sucks so much that even Tollus's shitty cult didn't want him
3. 8 Corruption penalty for telling him to fuck off. You get 7 corruption for really actually raping Infrith, so BubbleLord basically says that not wanting to associate him is worse than raping a handicapped person
4. Was in a sex cult, but is definitely a virgin
5. Goes around barefoot, even thought it's cold as fuck out. What a douche.
6. Armpit hair
Bruh, everything was nothing unusual until I saw no.4 on the list.
That made me come out of my lurker state.

Reactions: Ssato243

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
Bruh, everything was nothing unusual until I saw no.4 on the list.
That made me come out of my lurker state.
What are you saying? That I'm just making shit up? That I don't know the first thing about Quint and am just shitting on him because it's popular? That I can barely read, let alone analyze a character? Well, I resent all of these accusations that you are so flippantly making making, good sir.

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
What are you saying? That I'm just making shit up? That I don't know the first thing about Quint and am just shitting on him because it's popular? That I can barely read, let alone analyze a character? Well, I resent all of these accusations that you are so flippantly making making, good sir.
No no, It's what I didn't expect on a character like that guy.
Member of the sex cult but a virgin? That character gets my seal of absurdity badge.

I don't even see the part where I'm telling you that you're making shit up in the first place, what accusations are you even on about???

2.90 star(s) 107 Votes