Jul 22, 2019
Savin's writing repeats. A lot.

" "Want to pet her?"

"Absolutely."

"She's starting to like you," Daliza says. "

Is she the only one?"
The bailiff steps in and gives you a quick kiss.

"Hardly." "

THE EXACT SAME SCENE, with the exact same "is he the only one?" "hardly" shit is present with Etheryn. It's the exact same goddamn scene it's ridiculous. It's a wolf instead of an eagle, that's it.

Beyond that, after the end of the missionary scene:

" Hate to see her leave, love to watch her go... "

Savin uses this line a few times in TiTS too lol.

Professional writer, everyone.
To be fair on this, there are a LOT of professional writers who find a pet phrase or word and repeat it a bunch across a novel. It's fairly common, even with pretty talented writers, you just forget you've used it I suppose.

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
To be fair on this, there are a LOT of professional writers who find a pet phrase or word and repeat it a bunch across a novel. It's fairly common, even with pretty talented writers, you just forget you've used it I suppose.
I can understand the repeat of the phrase " Hate to see her leave, love to watch her go... "

But putting in the exact same scene as Etheryn with her pet to the bailiff is ridiculous and just bad and lazy writing. There is no excuse or devil's advocate bs to that.

Oct 10, 2021
starting a charmer run. human/noble scion. any recommendations for gear to get? never played one before. only done thief/bowman playthroughs.

Daddums

Oct 26, 2019
I can understand the repeat of the phrase " Hate to see her leave, love to watch her go... "

But putting in the exact same scene as Etheryn with her pet to the bailiff is ridiculous and just bad and lazy writing. There is no excuse or devil's advocate bs to that.
As I've said before he's a lazy person. He doesn't put any effort into his creations, I mean his most famous - Helia - is just a straight rip from Monster Girl Encyclopedia. It's why the only thought he puts into them is a gimmick because they sure as fuck don't have personality otherwise or need it to separate them from some other thing he's ripping off.

Reactions: silentangel

imercenary95

Jul 19, 2017
As I've said before he's a lazy person. He doesn't put any effort into his creations, I mean his most famous - Helia - is just a straight rip from Monster Girl Encyclopedia. It's why the only thought he puts into them is a gimmick because they sure as fuck don't have personality otherwise or need it to separate them from some other thing he's ripping off.
If it sells, don't change it.

I'm not a fan of that model but some people like it.

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
Oh golly. Tall, dark and edgy has a new quest for us. I sure hope we won't be addressed like we're the root of all evil in the process of simply asking him about it. pff, who am I kidding here?
I've been abstaining from playing for a while, while looking out for greener pastures to graze on. Is the MC still treated like a steaming turd?

Reactions: B2B2 and JTakiyaa

Tombombastic

May 8, 2020
I love COC2 but why do I feel like each update lately going downhill?
I think the updates for all of 2021 felt very thin. They over promised and under delivered. It's year 4 and it should be operating like a well oiled machine but it still feels like a team of amateurs just starting on their game. I've said it before and I'll say it again, they need more coders. They also need more focus and consistency on the writing side of things, not biting off more than you can chew, not starting multiple new things and losing the thread on old things, etc.

2.90 star(s) 107 Votes