silentangel

Jan 2, 2019
Best thing for me was having a sub playthrough then naming the champion Savin and steamroll through every single cuckshit and bad ends.
So you just played the game the way savin would want you to? Well uh at least you had fun he's probably reading this with a smug grin and a hand down his pants tho.

• Sad
Reactions: JTakiyaa

iamvqb

Nov 7, 2016
So i accidentally get rid of the Warm Plume - the Item to get Agnimitra ( The Harpy Companion). I cant find the item in the CoC editor. Is there another way for me to get the item? Or resetting the trigger so i can get it again?

Kroenen12

May 25, 2020
So i accidentally get rid of the Warm Plume - the Item to get Agnimitra ( The Harpy Companion). I cant find the item in the CoC editor. Is there another way for me to get the item? Or resetting the trigger so i can get it again?
use Notepad++, open your save and set AGNI_INTRO to 0.

Reactions: iamvqb and T800
Jul 22, 2019
But putting in the exact same scene as Etheryn with her pet to the bailiff is ridiculous and just bad and lazy writing. There is no excuse or devil's advocate bs to that.
ngl I apparently just completely missed this part. Yeah, if it's the same scene or even in stuff that was finished fairly close to each other there's zero excuse. A proofread alone should be enough to catch little slip ups like that, assuming they still don't have a competent editor on staff.

Daddums

Oct 26, 2019
I think the updates for all of 2021 felt very thin. They over promised and under delivered. It's year 4 and it should be operating like a well oiled machine but it still feels like a team of amateurs just starting on their game. I've said it before and I'll say it again, they need more coders. They also need more focus and consistency on the writing side of things, not biting off more than you can chew, not starting multiple new things and losing the thread on old things, etc.
Coders and focus don't mean shit if the team lead is as incompetent as he has always been. It's a repeat of what happened with proto-slablands. He's bored now and if there weren't pledges like they are he'd have abandoned the project a long time ago.

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
No, but he basically rehashed the entire "salamander" entry into being helia's character, that being fighter who fucks a bunch lmao
Oh, what a terrible sin. He lifted a race and its attributes from another source, just like nearly every fantasy author since Tolkien.

Get real, you guys.

Hopeless DIO

Aug 14, 2017
Oh, what a terrible sin. He lifted a race and its attributes from another source, just like nearly every fantasy author since Tolkien.

Get real, you guys.

It's one thing to take inspiration but it's another to just copy paste the entire design and base attributes lmfaooo, especially since all he added was his brand of certified Turboslut.:KEK: Atleast change the design a little bit, either way, no way you're trying to defend Cuckvin here.

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
Yeah, I know what salamanders are, buddy.
It's one thing to take inspiration but it's another to just copy paste the entire design and base attributes lmfaooo, especially since all he added was his brand of certified Turboslut.:KEK: Atleast change the design a little bit, either way, no way you're trying to defend Cuckvin here.
I just think it's a bullshit criticism. It's such common practice to life races wholesale in speculative fiction that it's not even worht mentioning.

It's like, what do you know about orcs? They're big, green-skinned, violent, none-too-bright, right? Myriad works, good and bad, use that archetype, taken from Tolkien's Middle Earth setting. You would expect an orc character to fit that archetype, like Helia fits hers.

Reactions: Fleep

Hopeless DIO

Aug 14, 2017
Yeah, I know what salamanders are, buddy.

I just think it's a bullshit criticism. It's such common practice to life races wholesale in speculative fiction that it's not even worht mentioning.

It's like, what do you know about orcs? They're big, green-skinned, violent, none-too-bright, right? Myriad works, good and bad, use that archetype, taken from Tolkien's Middle Earth setting. You would expect an orc character to fit that archetype, like Helia fits hers.
You can call it bullshit but it doesn't change the fact that it's unoriginal, arona gets criticized the same way. Really wouldn't have Savin of all people be the hill to die on. Anyway, that'll be all because any more "arguments" and the mods will start deleting posts.

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
You can call it bullshit but it doesn't change the fact that it's unoriginal, arona gets criticized the same way. Really wouldn't have Savin of all people be the hill to die on. Anyway, that'll be all because any more "arguments" and the mods will start deleting posts.
There is nothing wrong with borrowing an idea from another source. Even the best writers do it from time to time, because coming up with fresh ideas isn't always worth it. Being original doesn't necessarily make things better.

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
Being original might not make things better, but copying an already existing work from a different source while making no effort whatsoever to at least make it look like he gave the whole thing some thought does tend make it worse.

If he's already at the point where he's just copy pasting content between different characters while swapping out the names, the fine cultured people who like to indulge in quality content, instead of whatever this tire fire is, can probably consider the game done and buried.

My only two regrets are that we might never see a conclusion to Brint's story, arguably one of the two or three decently written characters in the entire game, and the fact that his personal herd of obedient puppies will continue to fatten his wallet because they've been blinded to the point of believing that the game is actually good for some reason.

Even though Fen's work wasn't amazing by any means, I'd love to see him take his chair back and give Savin das boot. Just to see him throw the mother of all tantrums, if nothing else.

2.90 star(s) 107 Votes