Apr 24, 2017
So about a year ago, maybe less than a year, you couldn't use the save editor and level up in your game. Did that get fixed, or was that just a 'me being incompetent and doing something incorrectly' problem?

Chodapa

Aug 23, 2021
Mega
0.4.39 Patch Notes:

• Calise now offers a second quest after completing her reconnaissance mission, this time taking you to the windswept mountain peaks in search of an ancient Khor’minoan relic.
  • New busts: CaliseQuest Part 2 bosses, Sandre and Caera, Corrupt Dawnsword, Mallach (all by Moira)
You are a god.

namelessone22

Oct 4, 2018
I liked the new quest as well, was pretty decent. I really enjoyed the character development for Calise, and getting to intereact with her more. Too bad none of her interactions after the quest change at all, despite the fact the quest makes it seem like they really should have. Seems like adding this quest should have been held off until they could have added more with her as well, but obviously it's the only piece of actual content we got with this most recent update, so they rushed it.

As far as the Calise being Kasyrra argument goes, it seems a little too obvious right now, so I'm still not sure which side of the argument I land on. Her backstory, her attitude depending on Kas relationship, and the busts in the game files are pretty damning evidence, but again it seems a little too obvious and could definitely be a red herring. I'm leaning towards it being true, especially due to the new interactions in the quest and the way she acts, but would still be happy if it isn't. Because if she isn't that just means we get another decent character, also with a potential corruption path due to the busts.

But with the snail's pace the game as come to, we likely won't find out the truth for a while.
Do I have to do spoiler tags for theories?

-Anyway, when you ask Kassyrra about her past before she became a demon, it is almost identical to what Calise says for hers. (she was even a paladin/knight from memory.)
-You can also ask Kas to show you what she looked like before becoming a demon, but she says she'll leave it as a suprise for later (?)
-Talking to Kas in her dream palace thingy, you can discuss her redeeming herself eventually, this may be part of it?

**(correct me if I'm wrong with any of this)**

She basically tells you that her objective is for you to end up with a very 'powerful/experienced soul' (which she needs),
but that it doesn't matter how you get it, as long as that's the end result.
ie; if she has to wage the whole 'demon invasion' crap for you to oppose & come out on top, she'll do that - but it's only the end result that she's actually interested in (doesn't really give a shit about the 'invasion succeeding').

You can talk to her about possibly redeeming herself - and with the bad blood between her & the Cult...

-I can't seem to get it with my current save, but if you go the romance route with Kas in her dream palace, supposedly if you talk to Calise after that, she has different dialogue (giving you the hint that it's Kas? - not sure)
*Could someone let me know what it is - screenshots for normal Calise talk & post-Kas Calise talk?*

-The Calise busts in the game files - there are variants with Kas' demon-eyes, & a futa with the eyes as well.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

** My take is that Calise is Kas in disguise - just less 'obviously' than before. (She still has all the soldiers around her and is trying to keep up the ruse).
Her playing as Calise could be simply her having fun working with you rather than against you for a change for shits & giggles, but I'm assuming that she (hopefully) may be taking to heart that she doesn't need to continue her 'invasion' to reach her goal for your soul :rolleyes: (fighting the Cult would probably do the same thing) (or she needs some artifact from the area)

* I don't think that she will, but if I understood the conversation with Kas & a certain deity in Kas' 'dream palace', she could (in theory) help you clean up the whole 'invasion' + Cult as the 'Paladin Calise' by your side & still achieve her end-goal.

- I also wouldn't be suprised if she has been busy corrupting the King & nobles in the palace, much like she did in Winter City (something that was mentioned made me consider the possibility, but can't remember where/what)

Starting to ramble here will wind up.

*also forgot spoiler tag - so intentionally left out what she wants your soul for - someone else can fill that in if anyone's interested?*

*** I haven't done Calise's quest yet, will edit after ***

Daddums

Oct 26, 2019
Don't even need to do the quest, she makes it super obvious basically as soon as you can properly talk to her. Kinda lame they've stuck with the "secret" this long
They have nothing but sycophants in their forums, when you surround yourself with sycophants your quality of work suffers greatly. That's if they even care at this point, they're making so much money and nobody is demanding value. As much of a disappointment Agni turned out to be at least B actually engaged with people willing to challenge him on that bullshit.

Reactions: Daken9

silentangel

Jan 2, 2019
Calise's stats. Although she does use holy magic, she has a -100 resistance to it.

-100 holy resistance and her prefered partner would literally be Kas.
Its her. There is no way around that. Next question is how the flying hell is she using holy magic? Is Lumia in on this? Or does she just not vet her followers for some reason???

2.90 star(s) 107 Votes