Nameless One

Dec 30, 2018
Hm,I gotta say,why not make an umbrella setting where you can toggle on/off fetishes? You want vanilla,go ahead. You want furry dickgirls with gonads so large they have their own gravitational pull,go the fuck ahead. It's simple to execute too,since this is mostly text. They're making a shitload of cash,so why not? For example,another way to do it is with your first encounter with a NPC to choose whether they're male/female/dickgirls/pussyboys etc. This applies to some NPCs,but why not more?After all,for many NPCs,genitals matter only for their sex scenes,not their personal story,so making it toggleable satisfies everyone.

What I said applies to all games that are text based and have more fetishes than the Pope has boy servants.

Also,Savin being against modding is utterly incomprehensible. If people want to mod your games,what do you stand to lose? Money?Fans?Dignity?Brain cells? Savin lost the last two with his pathetic rants over the CoC modding scene. If your game becomes abandonware,what right do you have to moan about it? What are you trying to prove? Follow Bethesda's example and let people express their creativity with the product they,probably,paid for. Just don't depend on it to save your game's flaws and faults,that won't excuse any laziness/incompetence on your part. They might fix them,but your own,original work might still suck.

UndeadEve

Aug 22, 2017
Hm,I gotta say,why not make an umbrella setting where you can toggle on/off fetishes? You want vanilla,go ahead. You want furry dickgirls with gonads so large they have their own gravitational pull,go the fuck ahead. It's simple to execute too,since this is mostly text. They're making a shitload of cash,so why not? For example,another way to do it is with your first encounter with a NPC to choose whether they're male/female/dickgirls/pussyboys etc. This applies to some NPCs,but why not more?After all,for many NPCs,genitals matter only for their sex scenes,not their personal story,so making it toggleable satisfies everyone.
You mean, that the devs have to be competent enough to make this ?
unlikely.
and also, they're more writers than game creators, so when they write a character, they see it in some way, not another.
let say, a girl character is written and just released, it was written as a girl and you sex it as a girl, it will be harder for them to suddenly turn it into a man just because you want it to, story wise it will be hard as well.
a toggle is possible, but requires more work than they will take, or you can take they easy way out and make a toggle that hides the characters, but then then game is empty.

Reactions: Megumin.

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
Eh. The waiting game 'till the next big patch I guess.

Also the elf gal with the dick seriously needs a mechanic rework. Sure it makes sense thematically but it's not fun as a game mechanic.

Jan 10, 2019
Why do people think that's the actual issue?
because the discussion is always started with "can i bang my daughter?" so when answered with no someone then gives the history and that looks like people trying to defend the incest rather than whatever else that person is talking about

redcynic

Jul 12, 2017
Sure, there's the crowd that just wants to bang daughterus and to them I say "There's other games for that, fam".

But once again, I will be the someone coming in to say it.

Kiyoko and the Kitsunes, as a whole, are boring.

The absolute best engagement you have with her is when she's in the orb, and we're already talking about a point that won't show up if your PC has no dick (And sure, it's valid to not cater to everyone but tell me what the kiyoko equiv for female PCs is?), And that has you walking through some pretty interesting decisions. For instance, primary one that comes to mind: To get Kiyoko content, you're selling yourself to Keros. No ifs ands or buts, the game outright has someone tell you "THIS IS A BIG DECISION FAM".

Now, obviously, there's no equivalent yet. We've barely talked or touched on the other divinities, salamander twins aside, and definitely nothing on the level of binding ourself to them. But right away, you have to make a (let us assume for the sake of the planned game as a ewhole) major decision to access Kiyoko. Cool. Choices matter! I actually support this bit.

Now we get to what I claimed was her best part - interactions in the dreams. There's a long post on the coc forums about how kitsune aren't really japanese here, its vampire culture, and I agree, but I won't bog the place down in a rant on that. Anyways! Kiyoko in the orb! Slutty fox waifu who REALLY WANTS YOUR DICK! Her appearance changes the more kits you put in her! This is all very good. There's a lot of smut, there's varied smut, and there's a sense of progression here. It appeals to lots of types of players. It appeals to the player who just wants a lot of content, it appeals to the player who wants a kitsune, it appeals to the player who wants the power fantasy of a horny fertile woman all over their dick.

This is all, as I say, very good. We even get babby Kinu, who is cute and we can floof the tails and pat heads and have a pure innocent daughteru so smile at and be fluffy (literally) with.

and then....you have the Kitsune Den. Releasing Kiyoko. Which, I might add (I may be Very Wrong about this since I haven't done this part of the content in a while) you barely get told this is where you need to go to do this? maybe I'm wrong. I'll own it if I'm wrong on this point.

Instantly, things get long winded. Massive, detailed exposition written in rather middling manners. Long agonized descriptions of inter-character interactions that, at best, have the PC be a wide-eyed gawker (not the worst aspect, really, if the intent is to have us be The Outsider) and at worst have us be a passive wallflower (really not great in what is ostensibly a game). We meet several NPCs that we are expected to consider exceptionally important (Nakano the edgy bishie, the sisters, Komari the den mother) and we meet them in a long gauntlet slog dungeon. From a gameplay perspective, this dungeon also has the 'problem' (quotes because its my opinion here) that if you fail under certain circumstance,s you just....skip the whole thing. There's barely any actual change except you dont get some loot. If that's the case, why not just have a dialogue option where the PC explains wtf they're doing here and skip to post fight stuff sans Kick Ass name Taker loot bonus?

Moving on. We continue to have long, static exposition. Several times the narrative jumps around, often confusingly, thoguh I admit I was basically skipping every thing that wasn't a sex scene because it had committed the cardinal sin of a video game, it bored the player. I can already hear people leaping to defend the writers. No. I refuse to hear it. if you are playing a game, a thing designed for entertainment and (in this case) getting your rocks off, the worst thing the writer can do is bore you. I want to say, I read every last bit of exposition this game was giving me. Shit was interesting! Kasyrra is a neat villain. the winter city sounds fascinating. Even Arona and her quest to deal with the orc tribe was interesting as we examine the cliches of Big Burly Orc Camp. But the den scenes? Boring. Staid. Overly rambling. I didn't care. I was pressing buttons waiting for my smut scenes. I just wanted to get my fucking fox wife out so I could bang her some more, because ostensibly, that was what this entire thing was.

Finally, I could. I did it. I...had to sit through a fucking novel again as my fox wife comes out, gives me a "oh hey, you did it, neat" and then I'm basically not even there again as all the fucking foxes talk to each other, ignoring me. I get it, Observer, I'm the outsider, but I also just DID THE WHOLE THING THIS BOSS LADY OF THE FOXES WAS HOPING BEYOND HOPE FOR. I'd like a bit more then a pat on the head and a "okay hun let the adults talk."

Okay. Whatever. Fox wife is out. Now to...oh, it's just her orb sex scenes with a few variants and WHOA HEY KINU. Hey, neat, time skip, that's neat, kinda cool. Wait, why are you shacking up with nakano? When did this happen? Did I somehow sequence break more of the god damn novel...no, flashbacks. Amazing.

Does this maybe explain it? I don't fucking care about banging Kinu, she's pretty mediocire anyways when I can go slam my dong into Brienne whenever I want. I don't even really care about the people that do like Kiyoko and ehr content, more power to you.

But don't get high and fucking mighty and say this is just salty daughterfuckers. it's shit fucking writing and the Observer has a stick the size of a small nation up his ass about anyone who dares not fall in praise of his god damn wankery, hiding behind "y-you're just salty you can't fuck kinu!' 'you just don't see my vision.' 'you can just skip it!' Sure I can fucking skip it, if I don't mind being 4+ major content patches deprived of content in this rapidly bloating game. Wasn't half the point of COC2 that we were going to NOT do the "fuck 'em all' waifu bloat?

Jan 10, 2019
Sure, there's the crowd that just wants to bang daughterus and to them I say "There's other games for that, fam".

But once again, I will be the someone coming in to say it.

Kiyoko and the Kitsunes, as a whole, are boring.

The absolute best engagement you have with her is when she's in the orb, and we're already talking about a point that won't show up if your PC has no dick (And sure, it's valid to not cater to everyone but tell me what the kiyoko equiv for female PCs is?), And that has you walking through some pretty interesting decisions. For instance, primary one that comes to mind: To get Kiyoko content, you're selling yourself to Keros. No ifs ands or buts, the game outright has someone tell you "THIS IS A BIG DECISION FAM".

Now, obviously, there's no equivalent yet. We've barely talked or touched on the other divinities, salamander twins aside, and definitely nothing on the level of binding ourself to them. But right away, you have to make a (let us assume for the sake of the planned game as a ewhole) major decision to access Kiyoko. Cool. Choices matter! I actually support this bit.

Now we get to what I claimed was her best part - interactions in the dreams. There's a long post on the coc forums about how kitsune aren't really japanese here, its vampire culture, and I agree, but I won't bog the place down in a rant on that. Anyways! Kiyoko in the orb! Slutty fox waifu who REALLY WANTS YOUR DICK! Her appearance changes the more kits you put in her! This is all very good. There's a lot of smut, there's varied smut, and there's a sense of progression here. It appeals to lots of types of players. It appeals to the player who just wants a lot of content, it appeals to the player who wants a kitsune, it appeals to the player who wants the power fantasy of a horny fertile woman all over their dick.

This is all, as I say, very good. We even get babby Kinu, who is cute and we can floof the tails and pat heads and have a pure innocent daughteru so smile at and be fluffy (literally) with.

and then....you have the Kitsune Den. Releasing Kiyoko. Which, I might add (I may be Very Wrong about this since I haven't done this part of the content in a while) you barely get told this is where you need to go to do this? maybe I'm wrong. I'll own it if I'm wrong on this point.

Instantly, things get long winded. Massive, detailed exposition written in rather middling manners. Long agonized descriptions of inter-character interactions that, at best, have the PC be a wide-eyed gawker (not the worst aspect, really, if the intent is to have us be The Outsider) and at worst have us be a passive wallflower (really not great in what is ostensibly a game). We meet several NPCs that we are expected to consider exceptionally important (Nakano the edgy bishie, the sisters, Komari the den mother) and we meet them in a long gauntlet slog dungeon. From a gameplay perspective, this dungeon also has the 'problem' (quotes because its my opinion here) that if you fail under certain circumstance,s you just....skip the whole thing. There's barely any actual change except you dont get some loot. If that's the case, why not just have a dialogue option where the PC explains wtf they're doing here and skip to post fight stuff sans Kick Ass name Taker loot bonus?

Moving on. We continue to have long, static exposition. Several times the narrative jumps around, often confusingly, thoguh I admit I was basically skipping every thing that wasn't a sex scene because it had committed the cardinal sin of a video game, it bored the player. I can already hear people leaping to defend the writers. No. I refuse to hear it. if you are playing a game, a thing designed for entertainment and (in this case) getting your rocks off, the worst thing the writer can do is bore you. I want to say, I read every last bit of exposition this game was giving me. Shit was interesting! Kasyrra is a neat villain. the winter city sounds fascinating. Even Arona and her quest to deal with the orc tribe was interesting as we examine the cliches of Big Burly Orc Camp. But the den scenes? Boring. Staid. Overly rambling. I didn't care. I was pressing buttons waiting for my smut scenes. I just wanted to get my fucking fox wife out so I could bang her some more, because ostensibly, that was what this entire thing was.

Finally, I could. I did it. I...had to sit through a fucking novel again as my fox wife comes out, gives me a "oh hey, you did it, neat" and then I'm basically not even there again as all the fucking foxes talk to each other, ignoring me. I get it, Observer, I'm the outsider, but I also just DID THE WHOLE THING THIS BOSS LADY OF THE FOXES WAS HOPING BEYOND HOPE FOR. I'd like a bit more then a pat on the head and a "okay hun let the adults talk."

Okay. Whatever. Fox wife is out. Now to...oh, it's just her orb sex scenes with a few variants and WHOA HEY KINU. Hey, neat, time skip, that's neat, kinda cool. Wait, why are you shacking up with nakano? When did this happen? Did I somehow sequence break more of the god damn novel...no, flashbacks. Amazing.

Does this maybe explain it? I don't fucking care about banging Kinu, she's pretty mediocire anyways when I can go slam my dong into Brienne whenever I want. I don't even really care about the people that do like Kiyoko and ehr content, more power to you.

But don't get high and fucking mighty and say this is just salty daughterfuckers. it's shit fucking writing and the Observer has a stick the size of a small nation up his ass about anyone who dares not fall in praise of his god damn wankery, hiding behind "y-you're just salty you can't fuck kinu!' 'you just don't see my vision.' 'you can just skip it!' Sure I can fucking skip it, if I don't mind being 4+ major content patches deprived of content in this rapidly bloating game. Wasn't half the point of COC2 that we were going to NOT do the "fuck 'em all' waifu bloat?
Despite how long this was i read all of it, and if we were to summarize it what im mostly hearing is:
"i want different content, this is boring"
You state i think a few times that "maybe this is for you" or "if this is what you like" so clearly you are aware that this does appeal to some (i count myself in the appealed to group) and that your only actual complaint that isnt you not liking this particular writing and finding it boring is that its taken 4+ content patches. Yeah i guess i can see that being frustrating for someone who doesnt like the content, but its the same way whenever literally any other patch gets released for the folks that are currently really only invested in the kiyoko line. However i wont be complaining when patches start going by and my content is left to the dust because i know ive had my time in the sun and the devs can only make so much at any time and id rather they flesh one thing out after another than just jump around and leave a massive trail of half finished plots. Id happily see 3+ months of content that i just check out of so long as its buckled down and finished and thats the release cadence we get.

Reactions: Cerneu

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
Despite how long this was i read all of it, and if we were to summarize it what im mostly hearing is:
"i want different content, this is boring"
You state i think a few times that "maybe this is for you" or "if this is what you like" so clearly you are aware that this does appeal to some (i count myself in the appealed to group) and that your only actual complaint that isnt you not liking this particular writing and finding it boring is that its taken 4+ content patches. Yeah i guess i can see that being frustrating for someone who doesnt like the content, but its the same way whenever literally any other patch gets released for the folks that are currently really only invested in the kiyoko line. However i wont be complaining when patches start going by and my content is left to the dust because i know ive had my time in the sun and the devs can only make so much at any time and id rather they flesh one thing out after another than just jump around and leave a massive trail of half finished plots. Id happily see 3+ months of content that i just check out of so long as its buckled down and finished and thats the release cadence we get.
It's less the personal taste aspect but more the "shitty writing" part. I like Kiyoko. I just genuinely think everything around her could be written better. Observer tried so, so hard to make the reader give a shit about his writing but it's just not there. But the idea of a fox girl wife is just cool. The whole "imma make a world for it lmao" aspect is just...eh. One can like and also criticize something.

Jan 10, 2019
It's less the personal taste aspect but more the "shitty writing" part. I like Kiyoko. I just genuinely think everything around her could be written better. Observer tried so, so hard to make the reader give a shit about his writing but it's just not there. But the idea of a fox girl wife is just cool. The whole "imma make a world for it lmao" aspect is just...eh. One can like and also criticize something.
Sure, but the problem there is that i actually enjoyed pretty much all the writing. "Shitty writing" is just personal taste, i can certainly agree its not perfect lmao and there are plenty of legit criticisms (its been awhile since ive done it so i cant think of them off the top) but saying "its boring" or "writing bad" isnt really a critique to someone who happened to enjoy it is all im saying, this all seems to come down to taste.

Reactions: Cerneu

NyaaRrar

Jan 18, 2019
Now let me summarize this literal wall of text. TL;DR some people don't like this content, here's a rant why I personalize don't like it. Also congratulations, you successfully made me more bored than The Observer ever could themselves. You talk about rambling, this entire wall of text is just one large brick of text that bounces around between points more than a pinball bounces off of paddles.

takeitalljoe

Sep 17, 2018
since we're talking about the observer, it's really fucking weird that hes had a revenge boner that has lasted years because of helspawn. like in foe, he made it canon that the champion and helia were grooming helspawn to fuck and she bailed to a different universe to escape her parents. then in coc2, he made kinu specifically to get salt from people who like incest.

my only conclusion is that he wanted helspawn incest all those yyears ago and is still salty at the people who bugged savin too much causing him to kill helspawn expansion. :unsure:

Theratul

Jun 24, 2017
since we're talking about the observer, it's really fucking weird that hes had a revenge boner that has lasted years because of helspawn. like in foe, he made it canon that the champion and helia were grooming helspawn to fuck and she bailed to a different universe to escape her parents. then in coc2, he made kinu specifically to get salt from people who like incest.

my only conclusion is that he wanted helspawn incest all those yyears ago and is still salty at the people who bugged savin too much causing him to kill helspawn expansion. :unsure:
what? where in foe you can see such information about helspawn, if I may ask? or it was only in design documents?

Rayrayxx

Jun 28, 2019
I find it kinda unfair how everyone's getting love, but you, the character that moves the plot, get nothing. Except you can help some characters to find love, but that's not for you.
Lowkey true. But I don't mind the other updates the alright would be cool if the main cat gets an update... maybe in the next first or 3 updates..? Btw! New update is out guys for backers.

Reactions: DaisukeKaiser

Nameless One

Dec 30, 2018
You mean, that the devs have to be competent enough to make this ?
unlikely.
and also, they're more writers than game creators, so when they write a character, they see it in some way, not another.
let say, a girl character is written and just released, it was written as a girl and you sex it as a girl, it will be harder for them to suddenly turn it into a man just because you want it to, story wise it will be hard as well.
a toggle is possible, but requires more work than they will take, or you can take they easy way out and make a toggle that hides the characters, but then then game is empty.
Good points,but I think just the fact of,let's say,removing/adding a dick,so long as it's consistent in terms of story and character,it could work. Not for all characters per se,but enough to allow more player customization,something along the lines of Lilith's Throne but less similarities between NPCs. If someone else can do it,why not them?

2.90 star(s) 107 Votes