Skandranon

Nov 28, 2016
Doubt we see more of Brints family this year at all.

If I was a betting man I'd guess the bulk of Brints stuff is going to be at the end of KM....summer 2023.

Kroenen12

May 25, 2020
Is that referring to the aforementioned Etheryn pregnancy?
nope, Aileh pregnancy
It's from the doc I made.
(y)
-
-eryka content
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
-Takahiro/Azami kids :HideThePain:
-
-Lupine Dungeon Quest
-arona content

Reactions: Kallisto

M0nte

Oct 4, 2020
Damn, that Takahiro/Azami interaction has more care put into it it than most of PCs pregnancy. And hell, even more love put into it than most of the interactions we can have with men in this game... It feels good being the MC...

Edit: When was that posted?

Now this? Now this puts a smile on my face.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Kallisto

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
Did they fixed Jade Flame yet? (spells says that you deal half damage on a miss but whenever I missed while using it there was no damage dealt.)

Also I find it hilarious how certain class spells work way better with other classes (Charmer+Thief's Estrus Flask= OP/Blackmage+Charmer's Grand Finale= OP.)

MSGTNP

Feb 5, 2020
nope, Aileh pregnancy

(y)
-
-eryka content
-
-Lupine Dungeon Quest
-arona content
Yeah.......I'm calling bullshit on Takahiro and Azami lol
There's no way that dumb ass drunk landing that, let alone having kids with her when he can barely even function in society. Dude like never sober and like hell I'm helping a black out drunk get something he really doesn't deserve lol

While I don't care for Brint's mother, his sister does look nice, especially without the earth shattering breasts & muscles the future cow wife has lol

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
Yeah.......I'm calling bullshit on Takahiro and Azami lol
There's no way that dumb ass drunk landing that, let alone having kids with her when he can barely even function in society. Dude like never sober and like hell I'm helping a black out drunk get something he really doesn't deserve lol
It's a classic in manga and anime that "childhood sweetheart = one true love", and it's clear as day that the kitsune content was written by a massive weeaboo, so unfortunately it's quite likely that that's what ends up happening. (Plus I've seen a Savin quote elsewhere in this thread saying that the only Azami content would involve the PC getting her back together with Takahiro.)

MSGTNP

Feb 5, 2020
It's a classic in manga and anime that "childhood sweetheart = one true love", and it's clear as day that the kitsune content was written by a massive weeaboo, so unfortunately it's quite likely that that's what ends up happening. (Plus I've seen a Savin quote elsewhere in this thread saying that the only Azami content would involve the PC getting her back together with Takahiro.)
If it requires the player to do the work so that he can land that, than he's shit out of luck XD

False. Childhood friend never wins, everyone knows that.
In my experience with manga, especially those of the adult variety, the childhood friend gets screwed over and cucked usually lol

Besides in real life, most guys that are childhood friends to the girl next door are usually put in the friend zone permanently. Women can be cruel creatures sometimes lol

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
False. Childhood friend never wins, everyone knows that.
In my experience with manga, especially those of the adult variety, the childhood friend gets screwed over and cucked usually lol
Well, of course, if it's an NTR story, it's not going to play out the same way lol. And it's not like it's an exceptionless rule, but in most non-NTR adult manga, as well as most non-adult manga, it's the childhood friend that wins out in the end, even if she isn't the "main girl" (the one on the book covers and stuff).

Furmilk

Nov 27, 2019
Well, of course, if it's an NTR story, it's not going to play out the same way lol. And it's not like it's an exceptionless rule, but in most non-NTR adult manga, as well as most non-adult manga, it's the childhood friend that wins out in the end, even if she isn't the "main girl" (the one on the book covers and stuff).
Really? From the ones I've read, the rule is that the first exceptional girl the MC encounters is the love interest and childhood friend just ends up competing, but ultimately failing to gain the MC's interest over exceptional girl. First exceptional girl meaning: magical/supernatural, some crazy hidden secret revealed, or undergoes a massive change very suddenly. This could potentially be childhood friend if she's the first reveal, but typically they're just a fairly normal girl, or ends up being a later exceptional who wasn't first so the law of japan says "too late, you spinster pining rest of life over unrequited love now".

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Fleep and Rango20

Skandranon

Nov 28, 2016
I have no idea what you've been reading/watching, but it's a meme that childhood friend NEVER wins. Its faaaaar from "most".

The only times childhood friends win are when it's a straightforward romance and there's no actual competitors, when EVERYONE is a childhood friend (Nisekoi) or when the new girl is also secretly a childhood friend (left, came back looking/acting different).

Just Google 'why does childhood friend always lose' and you'll get a ton of discussion about it.

There was even a show that aired last year called "The Romcom Where The Childhood Friend Won't Lose!"

In fact, childhood friend winning is far more in a thing in western and American works (though western stuff doesn't do harem so there's usually no competition).

Childhood friends winning an actual romance competition in Japanese stuff is by far the exception.

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
While I know Childhood Friend NEVER (99% of the times) wins in romance on japanese media, you know what does?

NTR. Yeah I'd jump in a heartbeat at a chance to cuck Drunkahiro and bang Azami with my CUM-CANNON till she's as pregnant as 9-Tails-Kiyoko, after all...there's no boner quite like a HATE-BONER (For real tho fuck Takahiro, waste of my bloody time it's what he is.)

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
I have no idea what you've been reading/watching, but it's a meme that childhood friend NEVER wins. Its faaaaar from "most".

The only times childhood friends win are when it's a straightforward romance and there's no actual competitors, when EVERYONE is a childhood friend (Nisekoi) or when the new girl is also secretly a childhood friend (left, came back looking/acting different).

Just Google 'why does childhood friend always lose' and you'll get a ton of discussion about it.

There was even a show that aired last year called "The Romcom Where The Childhood Friend Won't Lose!"

In fact, childhood friend winning is far more in a thing in western and American works (though western stuff doesn't do harem so there's usually no competition).

Childhood friends winning an actual romance competition in Japanese stuff is by far the exception.
I will admit I don't read as much manga as I used to. I still do read yuri, in which it is rather common that childhood sweethearts will be treated as a very special thing; they might break up, but they often come back together. There's no shortage of exceptions, but they still feel like they're intentionally subverting an expectation for the sake of drama.

As for hentai manga, aside from dedicated NTR, I've rarely seen childhood friends lose out. There's a whole lot of "surprise childhood friend they just didn't recognize", but just as much playing the trope straight as well.

I also recall a focus on childhood sweethearts being a thing in other Japanese media (e.g. Final Fantasy VIII).

It might also have been that the selection of manga I did end up reading just happened to feature more childhood friend tropes than average.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Skandranon

Nov 28, 2016
I will admit I don't read as much manga as I used to. I still do read yuri, in which it is rather common that childhood sweethearts will be treated as a very special thing; they might break up, but they often come back together. There's no shortage of exceptions, but they still feel like they're intentionally subverting an expectation for the sake of drama.

As for hentai manga, aside from dedicated NTR, I've rarely seen childhood friends lose out. There's a whole lot of "surprise childhood friend they just didn't recognize", but just as much playing the trope straight as well.

I also recall a focus on childhood sweethearts being a thing in other Japanese media (e.g. Final Fantasy VIII).

It might also have been that the selection of manga I did end up reading just happened to feature more childhood friend tropes than average.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Well, a lot of that falls under where I mentioned straightforward romance with no competition.

When it's just a story about two people and one of them is a childhood friend, of course they end up together there. And there's plenty of straightforward romantic stories, so if that's what you're mostly reading, it might seem more prevalent.

It's when there's multiple love interests, in harems or love triangles or anything dramatic that the childhood friends chances immediately plummet to near zero.

And harems/dramatic romance situations are by far the most popular romantic works (mostly because they are largely aimed at dudes) thus contributing to the idea that childhood friends never win.

As a side note, I remember exactly one Western media where the childhood friend famously lost - Little Women.

Dude got absolutely destroyed, it hurt to see.

Reactions: MoneyMan181
2.90 star(s) 107 Votes