Tau_Iota

Aug 22, 2018
Kass is straight up incapable of love, tho.

Her own daughter tells you so.

She doesn't even understand the concept.
If she were incapable of love, she wouldn't save you from the Blood Knight. She wouldn't chastise you for being careless and getting yourself hurt in the process. She wouldn't bake you cookies when you visit her, and certainly wouldn't let you leave her when you visit. She wouldn't entertain the thought of redemption if she didn't actually care what you think about her.

Sure, she may have her faults but she's far from the worst choice when it comes to waifus in this game. She treats everyone (except imps, but fair tbh) equally, she's not a racist, she's supportive, she's caring, and she's the only one who really sets up dates for you. Leaving flowers, wine, and cooks you a meal? :cry::love: She's a demon, yet she tries harder to express love than any other character I've witnessed in this game lmao

Also plenty of daughters in the real world would tell you their parent/guardian are incapable of love, even if that isn't true

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Man, this just sounds like if I was a villain, I'd do all those things all for the sake of my end goal.
I love Stockholm Syndrome, they're the best because they treat you with care and loyalty while you're laughing and enjoying the show in the shadows.

After all, the higher you raise something, the harder they fall.
The more someone cares about something / someone, the more they get hurt / break when it disappears~~~
Watching a bright person's eyes go dull and blurry is one of the best stuff you can experience as a villain, the way it just fades, turns to dead fish eyes,
Pure Bliss

Reactions: arls120

TheVegnar

Jul 4, 2021
Man, this just sounds like if I was a villain, I'd do all those things all for the sake of my end goal.
I love Stockholm Syndrome, they're the best because they treat you with care and loyalty while you're laughing and enjoying the show in the shadows.

After all, the higher you raise something, the harder they fall.
The more someone cares about something / someone, the more they get hurt / break when it disappears~~~
Watching a bright person's eyes go dull and blurry is one of the best stuff you can experience as a villain, the way it just fades, turns to dead fish eyes,
Pure Bliss

Stardust (2007) movie

Fallen star falls to earth, witches help the poor girl, nurse her back to health, before the Cut out her Heart.

A broken heart is one thing, but they get more WAY more power if the heart is full of love before they cut it out :/

Jul 22, 2017
God bless whoever decided Evelyn should get more content and God bless whoever wrote the new content because it's everything I could ever ask for, please continue making more

Reactions: Futa_Buddy

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Corruption has many forms and different paths it can take. Just love for example can be turned to apathy but also hatred or obsession.
No, it really can't.

Corruption is:
1. a self replicating form of magical energy
2. created by mortals, although it can affect even deities in sufficient quantity.
3. in sufficient quantity ejects the soul from the body (which forms into lethicite gem) and replaces it. In the process turning the person into a demon
4. in large enough quantity warps space so that travel happens based on thoughts rather than distances
5. eliminates empathy
6. induces sadism & cruelty
7. sexualizes everything
8. induces physical transformations
9. destroyed by fire
10. carried by bodily fluids
11. causes physical regeneration. undoing old age and battle injuries.

it is a specific and discreet thing. also not all sex stuff is corruption. you are entirely capable of being a 0 corruption serial rapist who transformed into a horrific chimera with a brace of animal dongs the size of a schoolbus.
you are fully capable of using magic to do transformations, you are fully able to use magic to heal, and so on. Corruption though is its own specific thing. An artificial form of self replicating magical energy created by a cult of mortals.

You can RESIST corruption. that is, you could be a highly corrupt individual and through heroic willpower somewhat control your actions to overrule the desires corruption gives you. But that is not the same as saying that corruption can take on many forms.

There is no such thing as "love corruption" in CoC.
CoC2... well it broke the lore apparently by introducing love corruption. Which is silly.
Kass is straight up incapable of love, tho.
When a demon first transforms they lose the ability to feel love...
However, a demon then begins to eat lethicite (crystalized souls) to grow in power. And as they eat those they reintroduce soul into their body and thus begin to regain the ability to feel normal emotions that they lost when their own soul was kicked out of their body on their first demonization

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Stockholm Syndrome is a disputed condition that is not even mentioned in the DSM-5, and most likely isn't a real syndrome. You are fearful, that's okay. Kas can wait for you to realize there's no one that will love you more than she would
kek at believing the DSM-5. Yea, definitely real science and not political at all.

Also. stockholm syndrome lima syndrome are just basic human nature.
"if someone kidnaps you, treats you well, and over a prolonged period of time you interact and communicate with each other repeatedly, then both of you will emphasize with each other."
yea, no fucking shit. it is kinda hard to dehumanize someone as "just an evil kidnapper / evil rich person in need of kidnapping" when you have daily conversations with them for a few months.

How is this even a "syndrome"? why is this presented as a bad thing? it often results in the kidnapper just... giving up and releasing the kidnapee. Or at the very least treating them a lot better.
it even specifically specifies a non abusive kidnapper.

Stockholm is way more mild than battered spouse syndrome. As BSS is specifically a victim emphasizing with an abuser who beats them. And that one IS in the DSM

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: silentangel

smithsmithsmith

Aug 16, 2018
How is this even a "syndrome"? why is this presented as a bad thing?
Because it stems from a negative origin, the victim being held against their will. Just because the victim has justified their treatment in their own mind it doesn't erase the wrongdoing of the perpetrator and can serve as a barrier to the judicial process. In much the same way that battered spouses often refuse to testify against their abusers.

But we're getting pretty off topic, I'd be really surprised if Savin pulled this kind of angle for the Kas romance route given the overall tone so far.

Skandranon

Nov 28, 2016
If she were incapable of love, she wouldn't save you from the Blood Knight. She wouldn't chastise you for being careless and getting yourself hurt in the process. She wouldn't bake you cookies when you visit her, and certainly wouldn't let you leave her when you visit. She wouldn't entertain the thought of redemption if she didn't actually care what you think about her.
She would do all those things if she thought they would help her get to her end goal, which is the whole point.
She's playing a role to get what she wants, which is your soul.
Note that if you turn over your soul to Keros, what happens?
Kicks you to the curb. Immediately. No questions asked. You are no longer useful, thus you are no longer "loved".

And she's not actually entertaining the thought of redemption. She is specifically looking for a way to use a soul to let her have actual babies without turning back into who she was before, because she likes being corrupt.

Tau_Iota

Aug 22, 2018
kek at believing the DSM-5. Yea, definitely real science and not political at all.
As BSS is specifically a victim emphasizing with an abuser who beats them. And that one IS in the DSM
Regardless of your feelings about the DSM-5, it remains the foremost important tool available in the field of psychology. It is far from perfect, but that is why it has multiple iterations. As understanding of the human psyche grows, so does the DSM. Let me guess, you also believe that fluoride is put in the water because Stalin and Hitler did because they believed it would make prisoners more docile?

Also, battered spouse syndrome is not recognized by the DSM. It's labeled as PTSD.

Reactions: silentangel

Tau_Iota

Aug 22, 2018
She would do all those things if she thought they would help her get to her end goal, which is the whole point.
She's playing a role to get what she wants, which is your soul.
Note that if you turn over your soul to Keros, what happens?
Kicks you to the curb. Immediately. No questions asked. You are no longer useful, thus you are no longer "loved".

And she's not actually entertaining the thought of redemption. She is specifically looking for a way to use a soul to let her have actual babies without turning back into who she was before, because she likes being corrupt.
Your first point is fair, like yeah she could be as terrible as everyone else in Mareth Savarra but it would hardly make a compelling antagonist imo. Because then it becomes "Help one terrible group or the other."

She does entertain redemption though, she says she wouldn't give up her ability to transform herself and others or her power but she would be willing to carve a path to redemption otherwise. She doesn't necessarily like being corrupt, just the power that it gives her

Skandranon

Nov 28, 2016
Your first point is fair, like yeah she could be as terrible as everyone else in Mareth Savarra but it would hardly make a compelling antagonist imo. Because then it becomes "Help one terrible group or the other."
Well, she is still terrible.
She's nice to you, but she's murdered, brainwashed, raped, transformed and victimized her way across the Frost Marches other than that.
She literally has a sex dungeon full of breeding slaves that she's experimenting on 24/7.

She's extremely evil, the game just tends not to dwell on it. Which, by the way, I think is another mistake of the writers - if they want to stick with their stated goal of making the player feel "corrupt", they should spend more time developing the non-waifu side of Kass.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Because it stems from a negative origin, the victim being held against their will. Just because the victim has justified their treatment in their own mind it doesn't erase the wrongdoing of the perpetrator and can serve as a barrier to the judicial process. In much the same way that battered spouses often refuse to testify against their abusers.
The judicial process is utterly irrelevant to the discussion

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Regardless of your feelings about the DSM-5, it remains the foremost important tool available in the field of psychology. It is far from perfect, but that is why it has multiple iterations. As understanding of the human psyche grows, so does the DSM. Let me guess, you also believe that fluoride is put in the water because Stalin and Hitler did because they believed it would make prisoners more docile?

Also, battered spouse syndrome is not recognized by the DSM. It's labeled as PTSD.
1. Appeal to authority fallacy, ad hominem fallacy, appeal to ridicule fallacy. A+ response.

2. As for the authority you are appealing to.. the DSM is the latest set of "official" definitions according to the APA, the psychiatric association of the united states of america.
china has their own differing definitions, russia has their own differing definitions, india has their own differing definitions. etc.
None of them use the DSM which is USA thing.

3. Furthermore, the reason your specified authority does not list it, is not because they do not think it exists.
But because they are having an argument on how to classify it
wikipedia said:
The is widely used as the "classification system for psychological disorders" by the . Stockholm syndrome has not historically appeared in the manual, as many believe it falls under or (PTSD) and there is no consensus about the correct clarification. In addition, there is no extensive body of research or consensus to help solve the argument, although before the fifth edition (DSM 5) was released, Stockholm syndrome was under consideration to be included under 'Disorders of Extreme Stress, Not Otherwise Specified'. The work was updated in 2013, but Stockholm syndrome was not present.

Last edited:

arls120

Sep 12, 2020
I question when they think of adding some content for some male partner at this point even content from berwyn I accept and I'm almost about to cross the line and beg that I even need to write it tobs the content

icecreamman99

Mar 1, 2018
Kas is a evil bitch that might might like you despite conflicting "lore" but she she still an evil bitch.
For me evil bitches get broken in or in half
also where etheryn sister at?

Reactions: namelessone22

M0nte

Oct 4, 2020
I question when they think of adding some content for some male partner at this point even content from berwyn I accept and I'm almost about to cross the line and beg that I even need to write it tobs the content
Not sure if there is anything more besides upcoming Berwyn expansion and Jstar Kitsune, but I am currently working on male NPC. Close to 6000 words in, 1/3 done.

2.90 star(s) 107 Votes