Zedire

Jun 3, 2018
Elyon is the anime type of handsome guy, where they lean more beautiful than rugged. But he's still entirely recognizable as male. Like Sesshomaru or Sephiroth - pretty facial features and long hair, but mannerisms, body and personality don't lean femme. In comparison, the ones we label femboi usually have wide hips/thighs and "cute" facial features with (sometimes) a subby or more demure mannerisms.
Yes, this! Mannerisms can make a massive difference in changing the feel of a character. If I see a guy that looks so sweet sugar wouldn't melt on his tongue, and then he opens his mouth and starts swearing like a sailor, I'm gonna be invested.
I got to admit though, there aren't too many anime guys I actually find attractive, besides types like Alucard (Hellsing) and Sephiroth. I think it's just not a style I generally find physically appealing unless it has a healthy dose of weird/dark mixed in, or an incredibly interesting personality and backstory. IDK.

This reminds me of Hijikata Toshizo (if anyone is familiar with the shinsengumi) he's always portrayed as a pretty boy but he has a really rough way of speaking and a "mean" personality to anyone who wasn't a family/friend.
I don't know of the character, but that's sort of what I mean. Hell, said character could also be quite an asshole to the player's character for a while too, and maybe mix in some unintentional humour or awkwardness so the player is entertained enough not to straight up hate his guts before they get used to him. Then you could bring in some respect in over time, and sex/feelings or whatever, but still keep that from-the-streets authenticity. It annoys me when characters 'change' completely when they're in love or such, and lose everything you liked about them in the first place.

One example I still think of is Blackwall in Dragon Age Inquisition. I was dead-set excited when he had a foul mouth on first meeting him. I saw that as the REAL Blackwall - a guy that was raised rough as guts and made something of himself (but retained that authenticity), hated nobles and had no use for 'correct' speech. But then after he joins the Inquisition he's immediately respectful and different towards your Inquisitor. Now at first that makes sense, cos he wants to be part of this important thing and you outrank him and whatnot, but I was really counting on him to get back to the 'real' him and let down his guard after he and my Inquisitor started to get close. Like a trust thing. I can remember actually feeling envious of the companion conversation he had with Sera, where he actually talked like the thug he was underneath. Ahh it was so disappointing. lol.

My 4chan talk rusty or what. What i was saying is that Brienne is not one of many at all. Integrity away but 99.9% of people will tell you she's the best thing about this game and about Brint :LUL:
Yeh, I misunderstood what you meant. That being said, you can't set integrity aside because that was my entire point regarding Brint. I honestly don't care/mind if people like Brienne in her own right, but it would have been easy for them to create Brienne as a separate character, without having to 'transform' Brint to do it (and so compromise his integrity), and still keep her as the character that "99.9%" love.

On top of that the fact that now they spend time giving Brienne content while neglecting Brint, and so giving those of us who already have very few options in the way of male characters to pursue (and quality content at that) even less, might tell you why I have a problem.

But none of this would matter if the game didn't set out giving the option to play whatever gender and whatever sexuality the player wanted in the first place. Something that turned out to be highly misleading within a few chapters, by which time we (or I) were already invested - in Brint, especially. It's not that hard to understand that if you compromise one of - if not THE - best male characters (of the few options we have) half of the demographic this game sets out to represent (straight female, gay males) isn't gonna be too thrilled.

EDIT: And yeah, I wouldn't still be hanging on to this game if I didn't still have some sort of hope it might deliver, even partially, in what it set out to do. Maybe I'm just an idiot who can't let go. Probably. :LUL:
EDIT 2: Edited for clarity. Better clarity anyway. lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: M0nte and Amnelis

M0nte

Oct 4, 2020
Elyon is the anime type of handsome guy, where they lean more beautiful than rugged. But he's still entirely recognizable as male. Like Sesshomaru or Sephiroth - pretty facial features and long hair, but mannerisms, body and personality don't lean femme. In comparison, the ones we label femboi usually have wide hips/thighs and "cute" facial features with (sometimes) a subby or more demure mannerisms.

This reminds me of Hijikata Toshizo (if anyone is familiar with the shinsengumi) he's always portrayed as a pretty boy but he has a really rough way of speaking and a "mean" personality to anyone who wasn't a family/friend.
Yeah, I watched Gintama and Golden Kamuy (which is a pretty good manga filled with handsome looking men)

I think when it comes to the usual anime art style, 2D androgynous features really fuck with me since ,when I say average, I am comparing it to real life guys. So average anime pretty boys still look somewhat girly to me. Also the line where we go from femboy to pretty boy is pretty slim. Guys like Griffith from berserk, Reinhardt from LoGH and Yuri/Victor from Yuri on Ice can go either way from where I am standing. Or link or cloud when it comes to video games. Different people perceive them with different body types and definitions.

Still, I can agree that some guys are more femboy than pretty boy. Which I personally do not mind as long as I they are treated like man. Like with Berwyn or Nikol. Obviously emphasized hips and light frames but when you talk to them they, to me, still feel like man. Still, can not lie, I wish that their in game busts had less defined hips. Not because it makes them look to girly but because they see silly.
And for Brint to gain some longer legs cause have you looked at his full bust? Our boy walks on his arms from the looks of it.

Toshizo?

You dare mispell the mayo fetishist???

No one can smoke like this guy.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Toshi!!!

My man.
I would wager that Elyon is a pretty boy rather than average masculine. In a good way though, because you need that roguish pretty boy and is about as close as they've gotten to effeminate man rather than woman with a dick glued on. Average male looks I would say are like Miguel and Tulio from The Road to El Dorado.

They're relatively handsome and aren't overly muscular. Just two regular dudes who definitely were not gay in the original draft. (They were.)

And sidenote, I have nothing against futas or transwomen in this game. But calling one an effeminate man is a disservice imo
My man, nice reference. Never was the biggest fan of the movie but the three main leads are pretty.
I do consider Elyon average masculine, yes - base-level masculine. He is a pretty boy, but still manly enough in looks and behaviour/manner that he fits the bill. Behaviour definitely counts for something, but again, you can create some really interesting characters by mixing it up a bit.

This kind of goes against what I've already said, but I would be interested in going for a guy that was pretty (even prettier than Elyon) if he had a completely contrary personality and breaks the stereotype. For example, rough-as-guts language, from-the-streets kind of guy, etc. That would be seriously interesting/intriguing to explore, especially for a long-term companion.
Or in reverse to that, the sort of characters you get in some Bara games that look like they could squash you like a fly, but are totally gentle and sweet, quick to blush, kind soul, etc. One of those would also be fun to add to the mix.
See my Kalisto reply for what you think of anime men but I just want to praise your impeccable taste in guys.

And yeah, Bara dude that looks like he can split you in half, (and he can) but is in the fact the sweetest gentle giant. One that blushes when you hug him in public and screams your name when you ride him/pound him in bed. It feels nice that I am not only one in big yet calm/subby men.

Fuck yes would I like a damaged and bruised pretty boy who swears like a sailor. Someone who pushes you away at first but slowly opens up once you get close to him. Someone with rough upbringing and anger at the system around him... Damn, I just describe Nakano, didn't I? Well, time to plan out my own.

Zedire

Jun 3, 2018
See my Kalisto reply for what you think of anime men but I just want to praise your impeccable taste in guys.
Fuck yes would I like a damaged and bruised pretty boy who swears like a sailor. Someone who pushes you away at first but slowly opens up once you get close to him. Someone with rough upbringing and anger at the system around him... Damn, I just describe Nakano, didn't I.
And yeah, Bara dude that looks like he can split you in half, (and he can) but is in the fact the sweetest gentle giant. One that blushes when you hug him in public and screams your name when you ride him/pound him in bed. It feels nice that I am not only one in big yet calm/subby men.
Pretty much! The sort of sex where he's so bodily big you (as male or female) are either enveloped by him or crushed by him (in a good way lol) or feel like you're riding a mountain. And god yes to noisy in bed - groaning, saying your name, totally into it - I really like emotive guys in the sack. Throw in the player character talking dirty and turning him on and making him fuck harder, etc. Maybe moments where he gets a bit too rough in the heat of passion (but maybe you're totally into a bit of that, and can encourage him if you are).
Also, big gentle hugs that totally surround you. Maybe some dad humour (especially if he's a dad/daddy/silver fox-type character). And he gives you wildflowers, the big softy. lol.

Quiet fucking is a big no. Not that there isn't a place for it, cos it can be great for a character that starts off cold and detached, maybe only in this for the sex, and then as he starts to feel something he can't keep his composure so well anymore when you're fucking. Or maybe you're just great in the sack and make it your personal mission to get him to crack? Hot.

I think when it comes to the usual anime art style, 2D androgynous features really fuck with me since ,when I say average, I am comparing it to real life guys. So average anime pretty boys still look somewhat girly to me.
I was actually comparing it to real guys too. lol. I still think guys like that are masculine - perhaps more 'boyish' than 'mannish' type of masculine, but they're still not in any way comparable to or confusable with a woman. I guess a bit like 'boy next door'? or something. lol.

arls120

Sep 12, 2020
For me, as long as I'm not femboy or very effeminate, I accept any type of male character.

Just in case, it's not that I have a problem with femboys, but it's that I like being the bottom one and it's hard for me to feel good with a guy who looks almost like a woman and is fucking me.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Its a bit harder than wryting something like "he pushed his skypiercer into her cave of great pleasure and flooded it with essence of a life"
Not by much going based on the commissioned lewd stories I regularly see in... certain places.

Skandranon

Nov 28, 2016
Yeah, you're right, still they are earning enough to commission something from other Nsfw writers out there.
They do, quite a bit afaik.

There's only 4 or 5 actual writers on staff, yhe rest work kn commissions, a lot of which are made by Savin.

For example, I'm pretty sure (not positive) the one who is currently redoing the hive right now is a comission.

I think jstars male kitsune is also a commission.

Last edited:

FurrBat

May 8, 2019
How many one-note characters are there ? I remember that one blue giantess quarding the place with this shitty Tobs mirror quest.

Chars that dont have much to them, like not even a single sex scene or even jut giving you an item would suffice.

Cricco

May 5, 2021
Yeh, I misunderstood what you meant. That being said, you can't set integrity aside because that was my entire point regarding Brint. I honestly don't care/mind if people like Brienne in her own right, but it would have been easy for them to create Brienne as a separate character, without having to 'transform' Brint to do it (and so compromise his integrity), and still keep her the character that "99.9%" love.

On top of that the fact that now they spend time giving Brienne content while neglecting Brint, and so giving those of us who already have very few options in the way of male characters to pursue (and quality content at that) even less, might tell you why I have a problem.

But none of this would matter if the game didn't set out giving the option to play whatever gender and whatever sexuality the player wanted in the first place. Something that turned out to be highly misleading within a few chapters, by which we (or I) were already invested - in Brint, especially. It's not that hard to understand that if you compromise one of - if not THE - best male characters (of the few options we have) half of the demographic this game sets out to represent (straight female, gay males) isn't gonna be too thrilled.

EDIT: And yeah, I wouldn't still be hanging on to this game if I didn't still have some sort of hope it might deliver, even partially, in what it set out to do. Maybe I'm just an idiot who can't let go. Probably. :LUL:
EDIT 2: Edited for clarity. Better clarity anyway. lol.
I think you gotta distinguish between what this game set out to be and what it actually is. If in theory Brienne being an entirely seperate character would have been good for Brint, in practice straight female and gay male content hardly ever gets made. Not anyone's fault but the writers' for leading people on and yall certainly not wrong for feeling slighted, but once you consider what kinda fanbase they actually built for themselves (through their negligence as it may be) then i just can't say with a straight face that taking one of the least popular characters and making it the most popular period was a bad move.

1656437721306.png

It's a circular argument but it's just the reality of things that straight female/gay content is bottom of the barrel because there's not just much audience for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: MoneyMan181

Boardguy

Feb 14, 2018
View attachment 1895320

Damn, I dislike Brint but I am surprised he is near Quinn tier, this chart kinda shoows that half the party members could vanish and not much would change. Azzy being that low doesn't surprise me but atugia being higher does.

M0nte

Oct 4, 2020
How many one-note characters are there ? I remember that one blue giantess quarding the place with this shitty Tobs mirror quest.

Chars that dont have much to them, like not even a single sex scene or even jut giving you an item would suffice.
-Over half of the male cast reports in-

• Sad
Reactions: Kallisto

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
:KEK: :KEK: :KEK: :KEK:

It's always great backreading comments here 'coz I know it'll be the same thing but it never gets old.

Skandranon

Nov 28, 2016

Sigrune.

Sigrune doesn't have much content because there eventually going to be another way past her than fighting her which is tied to further content for her.

It's gated behind having gone to the salamander capital first though I think (Tychris). And that's not gonna be around for awhile.

Kroenen12

May 25, 2020
100% this. I don't know why they can't just let characters keep their integrity.
Brint is best boy. Sadly even just the fact that the player gets the option to turn him into a woman is very telling.
because wsan wanted to write brienne
People have hated on me for saying this before, but I'll say it again: There was no reason why Brint had to be given the option to be turned into a female; nothing was stopping them from making a separate female minotaur character for players to have fun with
Screenshot_8.png
Screenshot_9.png
300px-I'm_Gonna_Do_What's_Called_a_Pro_Gamer_Move(1).jpg
The fact that you call her a "cow"
"cow" is literally one of her nicknames

2.90 star(s) 107 Votes