Daken9

Apr 28, 2017
TObs and Savin dislike Embry from TiTS, yet don't seem to realize that Ryn essentially has that exact same mentality with her (bipolar) characterization, as well as "not wanting a vagina" line of reasoning, that really doesn't seem to make sense when considering her character (well, especially in-line with the world, which is the same criticism that they levied toward Embry...).
Also, TObs criticized Embry for being a "trans expy", yet, isn't that what Ryn seemingly is (or seemingly acts like, when considering the setting of the game)?

So, time to also criticize Ryn then:
-Ryn implied before that she tried to remove her penis. Actually wants to keep though.
-Ryn implied before that she tried to grow a vagina. Actually doesn't want though.
-Ryn implied before that she wants to feel more "womanly", and likes feeling womanly. Already is though, right?
-Ryn implied before that if she was given the choice, she would want to be born a woman. Oh?
-Ryn doesn't have an explicit repeatable talk scene about never wanting a vagina - no matter how much the writers want to justify her stance, she only brings it up in 2-ish scenes ? - both of which are one off scenes. Give her a repeatable scene then, so that it's not easy to miss, no?
-Ryn was originally supposed to be a trap, and it seems that the "half-sexed" nature of Elves stems from her identity issues. It seems that the primary design document was edited in 2019 to remove the fact that Ryn used to be referred to as a "trap" - wonder if it was Alypia that complained. Maybe because Ryn was supposed to be a "trap" is the actual justification by Savin as to why she'll never get a vagina?
-Savin's criticisms of Embry also extend to her being a bubble character from a bubble race - yet JimT quit writing pr0n, so he wouldn't exactly have ever gotten around to expanding on the character or the race (Frogapus did expand on her a bit though - hope she does bit more, and for Prai as well). Savin also mentioned that he has never read the character (as he hates Embry), and would never create a Simii character... Make of that what you will.
-Dev criticism - seems like most of the devs just treat Ryn as though she's busty / enthiccened - due to the newer art only reflecting that side of Ryn, yet she actually starts pretty flat / thin. Guess that side of her character is also as forgotten about her as the submissive side.

Screenshots:
View attachment 2401750 View attachment 2401751 View attachment 2401753 View attachment 2401754 View attachment 2401756 View attachment 2401758 View attachment 2401760 View attachment 2401771 View attachment 2401772 View attachment 2401773 View attachment 2401777 View attachment 2401778 View attachment 2401780

Based Nonesuch.
Bruh, that's so hilarious.

"Don't brig your baggage to the game" -> Writes 329048349593457893487 words for the spite project known as Kinu then pays out of his own pocket for art that sees her getting fucked by his self-insert, also to spite people.

"Embry makes no sense, goes against the lore of the game" -> First thing Ryn will do out the cage is turn into Macho Man Randy Savage and fuck half your girls, because no way the disphoric character who at various points laments wanting to be a real woman for the Champion would chug some roots to grow a vagina and get pregnant herself.

Like, come on. Been a few years since they posted that shit so hopefully they realized they built a game on writers' baggage and shit that don't make sense, but somehow i doubt it.

Skandranon

Nov 28, 2016
Man, I just realized how much content I have to go through now that I'm going through all the stuff I've been saving up.

Still having done Zo's preg content, so I'm working my way back all the way from Mayternity...

Also just made a new character to do Evelyn's SPH scenes. It's pretty decent, and it's not usually my thing.

MoneyMan181

Sep 6, 2019
>Savin copies and pastes the same character archetypes into every single game he works on.
>Cries about someone having personal bias when writing.
>Has the gall to criticize someone's work without experiencing it.

Not even remotely surprising tbh. Guy has not had a single original or interesting idea since CoC1. Will take it with a grain of salt since those posts are pretty old, though. It's really funny to me that the devs act like they have any authority to give writing advice/critiques despite having a text game that has never once made me go "damn that was some good writing".

Walk Cycle

Dec 18, 2018
Eh, putting hypersexualized races to sex in a sex game isn't the same as putting a race to justify a single characters' quirk. JimT could've made Embry a Terran with a genetic disease that makes her less susceptible to gene mods and require more specialized treatment just sayin'. Also she only requires 5000 credits in tips to change lmao, Paige's eye surgery is 500,000 credits. That's just for her eyes mind you.

Maybe I'm just still just miffed about her origin. Reminds me of those annoying mary sue-ish friend-of-the-author types that suddenly appear in fan fics.

sugouxxx

May 13, 2019
Idk what are you debating about Embry but i decide to keep her dick when she do transition and name

Bruh, that's so hilarious.

"Don't brig your baggage to the game" -> Writes 329048349593457893487 words for the spite project known as Kinu then pays out of his own pocket for art that sees her getting fucked by his self-insert, also to spite people.
Holy shit, a perfect pasta to him

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Well good for you mr author

MoneyMan181

Sep 6, 2019
Eh, putting hypersexualized races to sex in a sex game isn't the same as putting a race to justify a single characters' quirk.
I don't see why it's a problem for Embry in particular when so many NPCs in that game do that exact same thing. Daynar, Anatae, Casseli, Cundarian, Cylirian, Fanfir, Fhan'i, Kalabast, Matisar, Roehm, Saeri, Saurmorian, Spinarran, Tarratch, Vildarii, and Vulkrim are ALL one-off species with just one(meaningful in the case of Anatae) character for them. That's like fucking half the races on the wiki. Blame Fenoxo for allowing that trend to happen, not the writer.
*cough*Fisianna*cough*
There's absolutely nothing Mary Sue about Fisianna. She doesn't fit the tone of the game, sure, but that's about it.

Walk Cycle

Dec 18, 2018
I don't see why it's a problem for Embry in particular when so many NPCs in that game do that exact same thing.
Oh don't get me wrong, there's a lot of one-off race/characters in TiTS. An artifact of the time when Fen wanted the game to have 20+ planets (or was it 30?). I just used her as an example because she's being discussed right now. That also applies to Kirila the Spinarran , Gene the Fanfir and other one-offs in the game.

I also want to take any opportunity to shit on expy's, especially an expy meant to boost someone's ego.

fetishgirl

Jan 13, 2019
Can you name those games? I am interested to play some of them since TiTs and CoC have been getting a bit boring lately.
Depends on your tastes One of the games is shown in my signature but it is a lot different to CoC not sure how many here would like it. However both games in my sig are male protags only and one game has a lot of options the other is just a really good story with less options but both are superior to CoC 2 imo but CoC 2 has the TF gimmick going for it.

One of the games has voice acting in it and if you don't want any you can just mute it but again having the option is fantastic. Also the game with voice acting makes about 1/3rd of CoC 2's money. The dev had a family member die and still got his updates out on time every month without fail. Unlike CoC 2 which is a complete mess with its content.

I think Kingsfall for example is a solid fantasy corruption game but the gameplay is definitely not for everyone in fact the core gameplay is easily the worst part about it if you can get past that the story is interesting and it is an actual power fantasy. There are about 25 LIs and they all have 2-3 routes where you can choose to be wholesome or a corrupt asshole. The art is outright worse too and you can transform a couple of LIs but the protag themself doesn't transform at all. It is male protag only and you can have gay sex but only MC on trap and if you don't like traps they can be genderswapped instead.

Also there is loli options for anyone that likes loli and for those that hate it you can keep the content locked because the devs stress the importance of choice for the players.Like I said lots and lots of options. Also unlike CoC 2 it does have some animated sex scenes. However a couple of things need to be kept in mind is that it doesn't even make 1/20th of of CoC 2's money monthly so I think for the money it gets the choices on offer are incredible.

The worse part is there is only one save so do keep that in mind if you do choose to play the game. Also if you hate the core gameplay if you support the game at all they give cheats to speed up the game. CoC 2 is still better in its genre than all of its competition and until people drop their support nothing will change.

None of what I suggested might appeal to you it really does depend on personal tastes I am sure a lot on here would hate my personal suggestions but it all depends on what you are looking for or if you have any rare kinks/fetishes you have in mind.

fetishgirl

Jan 13, 2019
I was hoping for some games with a bit more modular MC, I especially like to play as a futa.
That is fair that is why I made sure to stress that point when replying to you. One thing I do like about CoC 2 and Tits are the options with the character's appearance compared to other games. Futa or modular PCs in corruption fantasy settings are hard to come by and Skandranon is right I can't actually recall anything not text related that can compare to CoC 2 or TiTs in this regard. Most of the best power fantasy or fantasies with corruption inolve almost no MC modification at all such as Renyuu ascenscion and Last sovereign are good power fantasies with some corruption but are RPG maker games which aren't for everyone.

Renyuu ascnescion will have some TF elements in the game as it does have the MC turn into a female for a few short sex scenes also some male party members can be turned into women too. Soon there will be a time skip where all the women the MC got pregnant will have children. However the game is a massive time sink and far too grindy for any replayability I would suggest asking for an up to date save and checking out the gallery first before playing.

There is also another big RPG maker game that does offer a male or female option that was completed in the last few months which had character origin backgrounds like in Dragon age Origin that wasn't bad either.

For the option to play as futa MC in a corruption power fantasy I would suggest playing the old CoC with the most recent mods if you haven't done that already. There are others but they are either in development hell with only a fraction of CoC 2's content or buggy messes with no sense of direction. However none of those games have CoC 2's budget, multiple writers and coders or dedicated fan base the CoC gave TiTs and CoC2. So to compare them isn't totally fair because those factors make a huge difference especially when the fans of CoC, TiTs and CoC 2 have created a lot of free content for the devs over the years.

2.90 star(s) 107 Votes