Yuugen

Dec 29, 2018
What the fuck JStar? So her body just becomes a sex machine under champs control? This is just disgusting writing. I thought he wrote wholesome stuff but this is just gross. So community fucking goes batshit if someone wants to remove a character's dick but everything is fine if you objectify a woman. If I wanted to fuck sluts there are already uncountable amounts of them in this game. I was so happy that they finally added a character whose kinda reminiscent of Fisianna but this isn't it.

1111.PNG

2222.PNG

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
Yes, there's an entire variant of the quest that exists without Liaden's or even Azzyran's existence. Bitching about entirely optional content without actually knowing what you're talking about is a time-honored tradition here, so don't sweat it.
Is it really!? All options that I remember is 'help her', 'help her in bad way' and 'ask paladin gf to make first move'.

Reactions: Axismundi

Yuugen

Dec 29, 2018
Is it really!? All options that I remember is 'help her', 'help her in bad way' and 'ask paladin gf to make first move'.
well you can ignore liaden when she comes to Hawkethorne but the dragon azzy scene still states "hive-wives(instead of liaden) and for you, platonic as is"

Sinistrem

Feb 18, 2018
1. The Player Character is their own person with wants, needs and opinions. They do not dump information on you (the player) and let you digest it, the protagonist does it for you and they mostly take it like a bitch. It is a big problem on content related to The Observer but it's an issue that can be seen on the content by other writers as well. To me, that is the biggest turn off a game such as this could have.
2. Lack of conciseness. MANY scenes in this game are massive multi-paged walls of text with very little player input. The way most writers approach this is also quite funny to me, "Don't like it? Skip it. Don't know what's going on? That's your problem."
This can be boiled down to the fact that MC is the only character that doesn't have a writer.

Every writer wants to make their characters amazing and super likeable, with mc being nothing but a player's "view port" that exists to bathe in the glory of others. Mc is written by every author as a support character for their own OCs.

The fact that every writer writes mc differently - to suit the character development of their own creations - contributes to Mc feeling like a lunatic with jarringly different views and values when switching between scenes of different writers.

Last edited:

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
After reading through almost every single line of text in the game and catching up on years of discussions not only here but also on the official forums I can safely say that this game is a mess.
1. The Player Character is their own person with wants, needs and opinions. They do not dump information on you (the player) and let you digest it, the protagonist does it for you and they mostly take it like a bitch. It is a big problem on content related to The Observer but it's an issue that can be seen on the content by other writers as well. To me, that is the biggest turn off a game such as this could have.
2. Lack of conciseness. MANY scenes in this game are massive multi-paged walls of text with very little player input. The way most writers approach this is also quite funny to me, "Don't like it? Skip it. Don't know what's going on? That's your problem."
3. Cait's religious cult. I absolutely despise the idea of a entire nation where children are indoctrinated into becoming whores. Some characters stray from that path like Calla but they are the minority. I am glad I had the option to shoot down the idea of building a temple to Mallach in the Frost Marches.
4. Not a power fantasy. They seem keen on avoiding making the game a power fantasy and yet the PC is, for the most part, a god of sex with an awesome fort that impregnates anything that moves BUT you could not even consider killing/corrupting a "god" or getting rid of the fox-succubi/band of mercenaries/corrupted centaurs/random orcs (that still roam the lands and stay in the Frost Hound even if you wipe them off the map) because...?
5. Kinu existing.
The only way I feel like I can enjoy this game "as it was intended" is by playing a human hermaphrodite charmer ministrel/courtesan with a 12-incher and C-cups (or above) and regarding them as their own character inside the game, not an extention of who I am.
In conclusion, if they wanted to make a mindless sexathon of impregnation with a fixed Player Character they should have. Riding on the nostalgia of the original game was a horrible move that bit them (and will continue to bite 'em!) in the ass, hard.
this seems more like a review but whatever
Liked and subscribed, supported on patreon for more content.

acusrola

May 30, 2020
After reading through almost every single line of text in the game and catching up on years of discussions not only here but also on the official forums I can safely say that this game is a mess.
3. Cait's religious cult. I absolutely despise the idea of a entire nation where children are indoctrinated into becoming whores. Some characters stray from that path like Calla but they are the minority. I am glad I had the option to shoot down the idea of building a temple to Mallach in the Frost Marches.
4. Not a power fantasy. They seem keen on avoiding making the game a power fantasy and yet the PC is, for the most part, a god of sex with an awesome fort that impregnates anything that moves BUT you could not even consider killing/corrupting a "god" or getting rid of the fox-succubi/band of mercenaries/corrupted centaurs/random orcs (that still roam the lands and stay in the Frost Hound even if you wipe them off the map) because...?
5. Kinu existing.
The only way I feel like I can enjoy this game "as it was intended" is by playing a human hermaphrodite charmer ministrel/courtesan with a 12-incher and C-cups (or above) and regarding them as their own character inside the game, not an extention of who I am.
In conclusion, if they wanted to make a mindless sexathon of impregnation with a fixed Player Character they should have. Riding on the nostalgia of the original game was a horrible move that bit them (and will continue to bite 'em!) in the ass, hard.
this seems more like a review but whatever
Devil's advocate:

1. is only a problem if you consider that the player character should be more an avatar for the player, instead of being a character akin to say Geralt from Witcher, or Shepard from Mass Effect. These games allow the player to influence an existing character.

Even if I'm playing the advocate here, I don't actually disagree, since in the past the games have more or less emphasized player choice. Plus as a "text game" it should be suited for it perfectly; hell why have they made such a massive scripting engine in the background? To account for the dozens and dozens of player body choices. One could argue that the body choices are player choices too, but it is quite literally shallow as it goes skin deep.

2. It is a text game. But I must say that the game could definitely use a full time editor that is not the writer. Supposedly Sav does something, and they probably read all the material, but once you have a reputation like Tobs of having good content (according to the community anyway, I think quite a few people here would disagree) I think the editing step is skipped because "They always make good content so just push everything in."

As to the second part, one could argue that it is the player's fault for not reading. Another argument might be that reading paragraph upon paragraph of text can be a bit difficult when one's dick is going soft. Then again, the games are incredibly successful, so they are doing something right.

3. I dislike Cait outright, no advocating towards one side or another because of my bias.

4. This is I think the most interesting. I believe that the crew does have to find that certain balance. Corruption, will, inevitably lead to more and more debauchery as per their definition (which I don't have, but it is is something about hedonism and ignoring everything that doesn't make YOU feel good). If that is definition, then the actually IRL illegal acts (anything to do with a minor, incest, etc.) would have to be added too, because, after all why would you care about an individuals psychological health when stretching their holes gives you pleasure?

So why bother at all with corruption? Future-proofing? Shafting your customers?

Sinistrem

Feb 18, 2018
BUT you could not even consider killing/corrupting a "god" or getting rid of the fox-succubi/band of mercenaries/corrupted centaurs/random orcs (that still roam the lands and stay in the Frost Hound even if you wipe them off the map) because...?
For the same reason why you have to choose between Evelyn and Azzy in the quest instead of taking power for yourself or destroying it, you aren't the central character in this game.

Player character just sits in the tavern with no goals in their life until the true Mc of this story barges in and drafts the player to save Mc's sister from cultists.

If you view the game as being Cait's companion npc on her quests to stop Kas, the cult, and save her sister, everything suddenly starts to make more sense.

Walk Cycle

Dec 18, 2018
Every writer wants to make their characters amazing and super likeable, with mc being nothing but a player's "view port" that exists to bathe in the glory of others. Mc is written by every author as a support character for their own OCs.
Tobs even one ups this by outright wrestling the point of view out of the character you made and forcing you into one of his own characters.

A really odd choice now that I think about it. I remember lots of people hating the part in the original CoC where we take control of Urta during her fertility quest. Weird they doubled down on it with Kinu and Gweyr.

Wrynn13

Apr 11, 2018
Tobs even one ups this by outright wrestling the point of view out of the character you made and forcing you into one of his own characters.

A really odd choice now that I think about it. I remember lots of people hating the part in the original CoC where we take control of Urta during her fertility quest. Weird they doubled down on it with Kinu and Gweyr.
It's Tobs, people hating it is quite likely why he did it.

Alterism

Feb 17, 2019
or

You can push her down to the pool of corruption. Funny corruption path made her loyal to you, including her paladin GF.
Path is overstating it. Corrupted hive was supposed to be something but it's actually just nothing instead and has continued to be nothing nearly half a decade later. Same with corrupted centaur village. Big bag of nothing for a long ass amount of time. Lose tons of content to get a variation to Eubicha's Ride scene. Not to mention, in the case of hive, you just get rid of an entire companion for 1.5 sex scenes in return. There's virtually no actual corruption content in this game.

Let's tally:
Viviane who I'm only including as a courtesy as her "corruption" content changes virtually nothing.
Technically Zo but as above you trade tons of content for a single scene.
Nihara who shifts from very horny to very horny with a different color palette.
Milly (whose only content is corruption) and
Drifa

Anyways
You have the option of just telling Azyrran no when she asks you to help set her up, which then removes any mention of their relationship. I'm not sure why Quintilus is lying about that, it's really weird.
Completely false. Dawnsword does have a variant if Liaden isn't there, this much is true. But, if you don't kick them in the honey, the bee (if you take her) still flirts nonstop with her regardless if you've disabled her content or not. The only thing that option toggles is if you get access to the scenes or not. It still happens.

Sinistrem

Feb 18, 2018
It's Tobs, people hating it is quite likely why he did it.
The funny thing is, Tobs wrote Nakano to be as hateable as possible, but he actually ended up one of my favorite foxes.
He was written that way to make it so that no matter which Kinu you have, one parent is approving of her mate while the other is against it. Nakano is so hateable to make you feel what Kiyoko feels towards Hitoshi.

But giving him all those flaws actually pushed his character out of the 2d template of "look at me, I'm an airheaded vampire fox who thinks only about sex and mischief".

I'm supposed to hate him, but I only feel... pity? Dude's been treated like trash for being born in a colony, has to lead a mockery of a garrison while being swamped with requests, gets beaten by outsider, and now his crush also is hitting on said outsider. I don't want to hate him, I wanna help that homie before he becomes alcoholic under all that stress.

He is meant to be detestable, but I wish more characters felt as "real" as him.

2.90 star(s) 107 Votes