Lord Kentus

Jan 4, 2021
So how has this Brinhaus update been so far?

I haven't played the game since Berwyn was removed, but I've been looking at the updates to it since then just to see what's being added, and honestly this is the only thing that could convince me to come back, but I don't want to play it if it's been on the level as all of the other updates as of late.
I would recommend just staying away until its complete so you can judge the entire thing rather then just an incomplete portion

Darak123

Dec 10, 2021
Yep, them pasers suck. I don't want to work anymore, and I don't know if I could write enough to pass too lmao

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
I'm not good with all that coding stuff, wdym by that?
Instead of doing good, old ternary operator, which looks and works like
JavaScript:
condition ? "shit to do if condition is true" : "shit to do if condition is false"
It works ONLY with two possible outputs, mind, examples
JavaScript:
2 + 2 == 4 ? "math works" : "math is not working, start running"
get_penis_count(player) > 1 ? "why do you need more than 1 pp...why???" : "nice cock bro"
Ternary is just a short version of ordinary 'if/else' expression
JavaScript:
if(condition)
    "shit to return on true"
else
    "shit to return on false"
And they invented something that looks like it, but have broken rules.
Look at this
For example, [pc.cl whitemage blackmage|Wow you're good at magic or something.|You favor the physical.] would spit out ‘Wow you’re good at magic or something’ if the pc’s class was either white mage or black mage.
It doesnt translates into sane/simple/understandable structure. The more shit you wants to put there the longer and confusing it becomes. Situation where two/three/etc class gets unique line would look like
JavaScript:
[pc.cl whitemage blackmage savs tobs|ooo, shiny| edgy mofo god deum | cait is top tier waifu(debatable)| we are here in all of it for it without the end of this, arent we?|no class??? POWER FANTASY ALERT!!!11111oneone]
which is...try to insert new class line in there, without breaking the order.
It translates into
JavaScript:
if(pc.cl is whitemage)
    "ooo, shiny"
else
    if(pc.cl is blackmage)
        "edgy mofo gaud deum"
    else
        if(pc.cl is savs)
            "cait is top tier waifu(debatable)"
        else
            if(pc.cl is tobs)
                "we are here in all of it for it without the end of this, arent we?"
            else
                "no class??? POWER FANTASY ALERT!!!11111oneone"
What it begs for, and how probably works on the inside, is a switch/case statement, which works like
JavaScript:
switch(condition)
{
    case first:
        do shit;
    break;

case second:
        do other shit;
    break;
    case unlimited:
        completely other shit;
    break;
    default:
        goes here if all other cases failed;
    break;
}
so function like
Code:
switch(what should be checked, [{condition, shit to do on true}, {condition, shit to do on true}, {cond...you get the idea, right])
which for this case would looks like
JavaScript:
switch(pc.cl, [{whitemage, "ooo, shiny"}, {blackmage, "edgy mofo gaud deum"}, {savs, "cait is top tier waifu(debatable)"}, {tobs, "we are here in all of it for it without the end of this, arent we?"}, {default,"no class??? POWER FANTASY ALERT!!!11111oneone"} ])
Effectively what it do is adds more punctuation, so its now clearly visible what condition connected with which text.

Sep 21, 2019
JavaScript:
condition ? "shit to do if condition is true" : "shit to do if condition is false"
JavaScript:
get_penis_count(player) > 1 ? "why do you need more than 1 pp...why???" : "nice cock bro"
JavaScript:
if(condition)
    "shit to return on true"
else
Look at this

It doesnt translates into sane/simple/understandable structure. The more shit you wants to put there the longer and confusing it becomes. Situation where two/three/etc class gets unique line would look like
JavaScript:
[pc.cl whitemage blackmage savs tobs|ooo, shiny| edgy mofo god deum | cait is top tier waifu(debatable)| we are here in all of it for it without the end of this, arent we?|no class??? POWER FANTASY ALERT!!!11111oneone]
It translates into
JavaScript:
if(pc.cl is whitemage)
    "ooo, shiny"
else
    if(pc.cl is blackmage)
        "edgy mofo gaud deum"
    else
        if(pc.cl is savs)
        else
            if(pc.cl is tobs)
            else
What it begs for, and how probably works on the inside, is a switch/case statement, which works like
JavaScript:
switch(condition)
{
    case first:
        do shit;
    break;

case second:
        do other shit;
    break;
    case unlimited:
        completely other shit;
    break;
    default:
    break;
}
so function like
Code:
switch(what should be checked, [{condition, shit to do on true}, {condition, shit to do on true}, {cond...you get the idea, right])
JavaScript:
switch(pc.cl, [{whitemage, "ooo, shiny"}, {blackmage, "edgy mofo gaud deum"}, {savs, "cait is top tier waifu(debatable)"}, {tobs, "we are here in all of it for it without the end of this, arent we?"}, {default,"no class??? POWER FANTASY ALERT!!!11111oneone"} ])
Effectively what it do is adds more punctuation, so its now clearly visible what condition connected with which text.
Thanks for explaining, If I understand correctly Ternary looks a lot better in hindsight to work with. The if/else expression would make writing a lot easier.

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
JavaScript:
JavaScript:
JavaScript:
if(condition)
    "shit to return on true"
else
Look at this

JavaScript:
It translates into
JavaScript:
if(pc.cl is whitemage)
    "ooo, shiny"
else
    if(pc.cl is blackmage)
        "edgy mofo gaud deum"
    else
        if(pc.cl is savs)
        else
            if(pc.cl is tobs)
            else
JavaScript:
switch(condition)
{
    case first:
        do shit;
    break;

case second:
        do other shit;
    break;
    case unlimited:
        completely other shit;
    break;
    default:
    break;
}
so function like
Code:
JavaScript:
Very enlightening for non coders. Thanks.

How incredibly surprised I am to see that the game's engineering is shit. I never could have expected this.

Or rather, if it works as a switch case "on the inside", what stops it from being implemented the same way for writers?

Thatguymercy

Jan 20, 2023
I am curious since Quint is filling the chat with code talk. How is the coding of this game actually, I know nothing about coding but I've been ragging on this game regardless so it would be nice to see if I'm wrong and this game is being built properly.
Screenshot_2023-05-22_142902.png

Kuroimi95

Nov 20, 2017
I am curious since Quint is filling the chat with code talk. How is the coding of this game actually, I know nothing about coding but I've been ragging on this game regardless so it would be nice to see if I'm wrong and this game is being built properly.
View attachment 2924920
Never seen the insides of the game, but it's definitely not polished, sometimes my skill menu lag because of the many stolen spells with Mirror Stance
Probably not that bad either, or else we would see more problems (well, it's a text-based game, it's rare to see strange bugs in those games)

2.90 star(s) 107 Votes