Axelfire

Aug 6, 2016
question, but will we ever get to corrupt the winter city? or is a "all content for it is done" kind of deal?

Alterism

Feb 17, 2019
I just think his strengths lie in the opposite direction of the most important parts of this game.
I've expressed it before, Tobs does have moments of well done works even in this recent era. The mushroom dungeon was one. I thought it was alright. I said as much then.
But, I surmise that's more a result of the general verbal windbag blowing his sails across an entire dungeon rather than avoiding his propensity to pad out the wordcount.

I thunk his style is ehat made Kiyoko and Kinu endearing at the beginning.
What made them endearing at the beginning was Tobs not being full of hot air and dragging out scenes and also seemingly writing directly into a fetish and it's audience.

As time progressed scenes continued to get more words but they didn't get any better and in fact somehow stareted getting worse. Kiyoko's doggy scene is 1600 words including foreplay.
Kohaku's doggystyle (a scene I personally think is alright), is 3400.
Rindos doggystyle (which I don't enjoy) is ~3000 and is full of crazy padding.

This wouldn't be an issue based on length alone. As you've stated, Wsan does longer scenes as well. But Tobs scenes read as if somebody got bored halfway through penning their writing assignment but still had to bullshit out a couple of more hundred lines to fit the limit for submission the following day.

One complaint that's near and dear is that the nomenclature and verbiage he sometimes gracelessly borrows from hentai and doujins is such a tonal whiplash and at odds with even the nature of the game that it gives me a full body wince as the waves of fremdschamen wash over me with the gentle touch of scalding magma.

Hmm. Let's just condense that.
Back to the main point:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

On a small aside, I could swear I read either the man himself or somebody else do comparisons with Ciri in the Witcher. Said person clearly must have never read the books. You spend a ton of time with that character across a hell of a lot of books and the conflict of one generally remained the conflict of all. Those are the real strong familial bonds. You don't just time skip from Sword of Destiny to Season of Storms.

This whole thread is proof of the contrary.
If we're talking about the perspective of quantity of people who 'care', this thread is less than two dozen regulars at this point. Half of which rarely post here, and a quarter who only show up on patch days. Compared to the previous regulars who did browse and post on a semi daily basis, it's nothing of a testament of how little 'care' anybody but said dozen regulars who keep up about the project anymore. Be it positive or negative.

Bleh.
Formating this one correctly didn't work to the point I gave up.

Mrbark1234

Jun 3, 2022
Which is why I always found it funny that Savin thought that pregnancy would be the thing to bring Cait up in popularity.
So Cait is less popular because she has no preg content... There's no other reason then that in there mind on why the local genestealer is less liked also Kinu boosts Kiyoko popularity is hilarious considering how much people hate her

Deviton123

Dec 9, 2021
I'm gonna be honest with y'all. When I first found this game, I didn't really think TOBs did much wrong. In fact, I was close to defending him here at one point. I loved Kiyoko, she was my favorite companion for a while and I loved Kinu too. It was all nice and wholesome, which is something I like. Then after reaching the kitsune den and releasing her and my army of children, everything went to shit. Being treated as second class by my character's own family sucked big time. And the things I found out about TOBs and how pathetically spiteful he could be didn't help either.

Last edited:

Us3less

Dec 22, 2018
While we are on the topic of shitting on tobs again, the fact that we get "punished" for freeing our wife and children is just so fucking bullshit. Like it makes no fucking sense.

I actually do think that tobs can write some decent stuff, the problem is that he can't get his head out of his ass so all he sees is shit and if all you see is shit, ofc you're gonna make the only thing you know, shit. And why can we still not clap komaris cheeks? though i bet once we can its gonna be some sort of monkey's paw situation like always.

Im not a very eloquent person.

atomicp

Feb 25, 2018
I will quote myself (only a snippet) from 2 years ago; when I still gave a shit about CoC2.

That was my obs "evaluation".

]I'll be completely and total honest here. I don't think TheObserver is a bad writer per se. But he keeps on trying to reach beyond his own grasp.

What he really needs is an honest editor outside his hugbox. It shows badly.

(...)

Writing is not like figure skating, where flashier tricks are required to stand out. I mean, very skilled writers avoid flowery writing because it's troublesome to make it work.

Tempor

May 12, 2018
Which is why I always found it funny that Savin thought that pregnancy would be the thing to bring Cait up in popularity.
in his defense being able to fill cait up with babies would make her the best companion for me. if i were a writer or lead dev for this game ide do two simple things: mandatory word count limit on each encounter and/or sex scene, and mandatory pregnancy content for every NPC with a womb. but im not either of those things so my opinion counts for shit.

granted i havent touched this game for years at this point and i lurk here once in a blue moon when an update drops but its a shame to see the quality of this game dropping over time, judging by peoples reactions

Reactions: Noxxie

Deviton123

Dec 9, 2021
in his defense being able to fill cait up with babies would make her the best companion for me
Nah, too little motivation for someone like me to wanna touch a character like her. Brienne on the other hand, best girl among the companions (she wouldn't have to try too hard). If her pregnancy worked like Kiyoko's, I would have a fucking legendary army to end Kasyrra and after that create more to fill out an entire country. Actually fuck that, the entire planet is gonna be full of half human half minotaurs by the time I'm satisfied.

2.90 star(s) 107 Votes