MoneyMan181

Sep 6, 2019
Especially in the fantasy adventure genre, where wanderlust sums up why most adventurers go on perilous escapades.
Most of the time, the adventurers that do so because of wanderlust don't join a party that is specifically going to slay the demon lord and have that be the only objective. There are much better and less dangerous options, such as just going by yourself considering Brint's already a capable fighter.
Doesn't matter where the weak parts are as much as the quantity of weak parts
Sure(even though I generally disagree) but the writing doesn't get better past that, which is why I use it as an example in the first place. Most companions are in the same boat barring Cait and Ryn but they just putter out and become directionless eventually.
Let's face it, it matters way more if the kinks presented get your engine going than anything else.
I usually am of the same mindset for most NSFW games, but it just doesn't work here. Text-based games live and die by the quality of their writing. The strength of them is that you have one whole cohesive world to immerse players into, and/or allowing them to make interesting choices, leading to a unique narrative experience. Having little things like Brint join the party just because "it might be fun", or Brienne loving you for no reason, or Arona randomly saying she loves you, or Atugia randomly blowing Arona despite being a fucking kissless virgin, all add up to ruin that immersion and take away from the experience. And if I'm not immersed, and the game definitely doesn't offer interesting choices, what am I left with? A compilation of sex scenes loosely connected by whatever nonsense the writers pull out their ass to get things moving. If I just wanted that, I'd go to an NSFW chatbot, read a oneshot on literotica, or just look at a hentai caption.

zwere

Mar 27, 2020
Most of the time, the adventurers that do so because of wanderlust don't join a party that is specifically going to slay the demon lord and have that be the only objective. There are much better and less dangerous options, such as just going by yourself considering Brint's already a capable fighter.
Brint, the way he is characterized ingame at least, doesn't strike me as the type to back out from the get-go simply because a challenge seems insurmountable. He might try to dip out as a last ditch effort when shit hits the fan, but even then I can see him going out in a blaze of glory. Atugia, on the other hand, seems like a way weaker candidate for the party.

I usually am of the same mindset for most NSFW games, but it just doesn't work here. Text-based games live and die by the quality of their writing. The strength of them is that you have one whole cohesive world to immerse players into, and/or allowing them to make interesting choices, leading to a unique narrative experience. Having little things like Brint join the party just because "it might be fun", or Brienne loving you for no reason, or Arona randomly saying she loves you, or Atugia randomly blowing Arona despite being a fucking kissless virgin, all add up to ruin that immersion and take away from the experience. And if I'm not immersed, and the game definitely doesn't offer interesting choices, what am I left with? A compilation of sex scenes loosely connected by whatever nonsense the writers pull out their ass to get things moving. If I just wanted that, I'd go to an NSFW chatbot, read a oneshot on literotica, or just look at a hentai caption.
I see you taking way more issue with inconsistencies littered all throughout the game, rather than the weak opening being the dealbreaker here. This is just a case of too many cooks spoiling the broth, especially when the multiple cooks also season dishes other than their own.

Who the flying fuck is Elena?¡ is it some bitch's OC or did I somehow skipped on content all this time?
Speaking of too many cooks, Elena is the OC of Alypia, who also writes for CoC2.

Basty96

May 4, 2017
I'm gonna be real, I call her a disney princess so often that my brain sorta just glossed over her. I actually do think Ryn is probably the most fleshed out companion but the problems with her is the confidence and libido system is more of a shitty content switch than anything. There is no journey, no scenes showing her growth or becoming more lustful, it's just spamming the same scenes to get her to that point and the bust instantly changes. It's just half-baked, which kinda sucks because she's pretty close to being good(barring the whole successor bullshit obviously). She's got a boring personality(recurring theme with this game) but at least she has an actual arc and a valid reason for joining you, even if said reason is kinda flimsy after Winter City.
View attachment 3053771

I could've very much kept going, but I really didn't feel like I had to as the point was established. Regardless I used the wrong wording which is my bad, what I meant was I care for the characters more, rather than being closer. TiTS gives you more of a reason to care about crew mates than CoC 2 does for companions.

Would genuinely like to know how Anno isn't shallow and how a robot gaining self-awareness, independence, and the ability to love is more shallow than gender bending a cow dude and have her instantly fall in love with you.

Nobody said this, but you do need a reason for a character to actually risk their lives besides "Well I think it would be fun". I'm not asking for a lot, I'm just asking for them to be believable characters that I can actually care for. If one-man dev projects can do that, then a whole team making 1/3rd of a million dollars a year should definitely be able to.
honestly at this point you should know that Skandranon likes to suck Savins cock

MoneyMan181

Sep 6, 2019
I see you taking way more issue with inconsistencies littered all throughout the game, rather than the weak opening being the dealbreaker here.
It's not just inconsistencies, everything adds up. I can handwave away one or the other as long as they're not too numerous or egregious but having both just makes the narrative that much worse.
This is just a case of too many cooks spoiling the broth, especially when the multiple cooks also season dishes other than their own.
...No? Nothing I stated has anything to do with having multiple writers, it is an issue the writers create on their own. TOBS writing Kitsune Den has nothing to do with Brienne loving you for no reason, so on and so forth. Reason doesn't even really make sense because big RPGs can have over a dozen writers working on them, and it could just get resolved by the lead having a strong guidelines on quality and communicating properly.

Alterism

Feb 17, 2019
all but maybe Anno and Paige are as shallow as the shallowest CoC2 companions
Now this is a ridiculous exaggeration.
Not least of all because if you consider TiTS to have 25ish crewmates you're counting things like the Varmint, Pexiga, Goo armor, and non Bimbo Siegwulfe

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

or any specifics about why all but maybe Anno and Paige are as shallow as the shallowest CoC2 companions
I'll happily do that.

Now about TiTS
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
As I've hopefully laid out. The characters that have character are generally more numerous. But that's only half of it.
TiTS has more nuanced characters in general. Quinn, the Love Starz and Crash Landing (even if I don't really care for either), Bizzy (given she has two routes), Fisi, Akane, arguably Emmy, Kara, Tessa, Li~
Actually no this post is getting too long. Feel free to let me know if you want my opinion of what, who, and why and I'll gladly elaborate.

Especially in the fantasy adventure genre, where wanderlust sums up why most adventurers go on perilous escapades.
While there are a decent enough amount of stories in this genre where that is true they're still comparatively far fewer in this genre where wanderlust is the sole reason for adventure even in episodic stuff. Especially if you factor in games.
In games, my frame of reference is nearly every (J)Rpg released from 7th gen downward. It's easier to name the games in that period of time I haven't played.
In games with groups of generics e.g; Etrian Odyssey that's the MO sure. However in games that aren't that where characters are meant to have character even in games based off of table top they always give the party a reason to party and in the more acclaimed RPGs they give the party a reason to continue partying up to the big bad so you don't get NWN2 betrayed at the ass end of your adventure.

It is far more frequent where friendship (and obligation) is the glue that sticks the crew together.
Though If I'm going to be honest everybody has a good enough reason to be on this adventure to the exclusion of new Atugia (prework Atugia had a better motivation), Viviane, Brint, Brienne, and Exile Arona.

And for the record, I'm not asking for some deep well layered complex characters.
All I'd like are characters that have character. So far any time one gets introduced they get a basic blueprint of what they're supposed to be and then just get shoved into threesomes or polyamorous relationships and that's them now until the end of time with no more development ever being done on them as a person.

Brints been thoroughly fucked into the pavement at this point. Years later and there's still nothing about the character yet the sex scenes keep on coming as the characters gets further buried from being a 'bro' adventure buddy into a bull for the man with a voyeur/swinger fetish.
The few characters that had character as the game goes on gets stripped of said character. Sariel started as a competent hunter gather who made her living trading into Hawkethorne and is now just a bland voracious butt slut whose entire personality revolves around her fetish. Viviane has a mysterious allure going on and you make an assumption that she's working on something big and you get her and she's working on nothing and just exists accomplishing nothing with no real aspirations of doing anything. Demon Viviane at least wants to work on... something but aside from minor variations she's exactly the same character which includes all of the faults.
It's a mercy Gytha even got salvaged.

Whatever spark that existed in the drama filled days of CoC1 or early TiTS I can't say I've ever felt from CoC2 after Winter City.

Last edited:

zwere

Mar 27, 2020
Reason doesn't even really make sense because big RPGs can have over a dozen writers working on them, and it could just get resolved by the lead having a strong guidelines on quality and communicating properly.
I can see how what I said wasn't made clear, so I'll try to correct myself. Rather than too many cooks, too many chefs is the appropriate thing. And this comes into play with your second point about multiple writers working on a game. There is a gulf of a difference between a team of writers working under a creative director, each given a task they must meet versus what happens in a fenco game, where everyone gets to renovate one room of the house to their liking. You get a mish-mash of writing that differs both in congruency, cohesion and tone because everyone is doing their own thing. What goes on here is closer to a collab of writers, working in the same space rather than a concentrated effort to make a focused narrative. Or at least that's my impression.
...No? Nothing I stated has anything to do with having multiple writers, it is an issue the writers create on their own. TOBS writing Kitsune Den has nothing to do with Brienne loving you for no reason, so on and so forth.
That's why I think what I've outlined above does kinda have to do with it, because there isn't a productive direction, just everyone writes what they think is good. But yeah it's just mainly poop writing being poop writing.

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
I said it once and I'll say it again: We should be able to max out all our stats, we were in ground zero of a huge magic explosion and our soul got "special" from it yet we never experience that uniqueness in our game mechanics, let us max our stats and feel that uniqueness beyond your crappy, hollow narrative debacle!

P.S: I just noticed but even passive wise our companions are better than us! Take for example the White Mage Class, a dedicated Support role, our first passive let us heal ourselves when we heal others (not a bad deal) but the second passives at level 7 don't really support this role, either we do extra holy damage with each spell (nice damage option but would be more at home in a damage-dealer like a Black Mage) OR we heal everyone when a single target heal "crits" (so is the same as before...but you gotta play with the RNG to get it & limit your healing to single target instead of AoE so now is worse.)

MEANWHILE FUCKING RYN IN HER QUEEN'S GARMENT SUPPORT GETS THE WHITE MAGE'S "I heal myself whenever I heal others!" PASSIVE & THE CHARMER'S 7TH LEVEL PASSIVE OF "All the buffs I give lasts for twice as long!" WHICH MAKES HER A WAY BETTER SUPPORT THAN WE COULD EVER HOPE TO BE BECAUSE SHE IS FUCKING SAVIN'S PRECIOUS BUTT-SLUT!

zwere

Mar 27, 2020
I said it once and I'll say it again: We should be able to max out all our stats, we were in ground zero of a huge magic explosion and our soul got "special" from it yet we never experience that uniqueness in our game mechanics, let us max our stats and feel that uniqueness beyond your crappy, hollow narrative debacle!

P.S: I just noticed but even passive wise our companions are better than us! Take for example the White Mage Class, a dedicated Support role, our first passive let us heal ourselves when we heal others (not a bad deal) but the second passives at level 7 don't really support this role, either we do extra holy damage with each spell (nice damage option but would be more at home in a damage-dealer like a Black Mage) OR we heal everyone when a single target heal "crits" (so is the same as before...but you gotta play with the RNG to get it & limit your healing to single target instead of AoE so now is worse.)

MEANWHILE FUCKING RYN IN HER QUEEN'S GARMENT SUPPORT GETS THE WHITE MAGE'S "I heal myself whenever I heal others!" PASSIVE & THE CHARMER'S 7TH LEVEL PASSIVE OF "All the buffs I give lasts for twice as long!" WHICH MAKES HER A WAY BETTER SUPPORT THAN WE COULD EVER HOPE TO BE BECAUSE SHE IS FUCKING SAVIN'S PRECIOUS BUTT-SLUT!
Fee-fi-fo-fum, I smell power fantasy scum.
Untitled.png
No special OC powers for you.

Skandranon

Nov 28, 2016
honestly at this point you should know that Skandranon likes to suck Savins cock
This makes...very little sense, considering Savin has multiple companions in both games. Whichever side you pick, you're getting multiple Savin characters. Not to mention he's currently running both games; so it's Savin flavor all the way down.

I am extremely disappointed with TiTs companions; and always have been. They're a bunch of wasted effort. A large amount of them gain nothing from being companions, and most of them never get any more content after their joining.

We special in the sense of being the only Human in an all Saiyan squad.
This sounds like Krillin slander. Mans the strongest human in the world (technically universe. Possibly multiple universes) from straight elbow grease. Put some respect on his name.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: deepmindy

Unobtainium

Nov 4, 2021
Fee-fi-fo-fum, I smell power fantasy scum.
View attachment 3055047
No special OC powers for you.
And yet once again, couldn't one hit that fodder Raphael. Child prodigy? More like washed up at 20. Hate to see it.

I said it once and I'll say it again: We should be able to max out all our stats, we were in ground zero of a huge magic explosion and our soul got "special" from it yet we never experience that uniqueness in our game mechanics
I mean, our special game mechanic is we can transform with significantly less work than anyone not a demon in verse, even without a shred of corruption. Though even without some unique event happening, I think capping our stats is fucking stupid especially since MC is an actual genius who can learn literally anything in a day.

Oct 10, 2021
I mean, our special game mechanic is we can transform with significantly less work than anyone not a demon in verse, even without a shred of corruption. Though even without some unique event happening, I think capping our stats is fucking stupid especially since MC is an actual genius who can learn literally anything in a day.
Kinu driving herself sick since she couldn't master martial arts right away while MC definitely could was a pretty good scene that also didn't shit on the MC.

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
This sounds like Krillin slander. Mans the strongest human in the world (technically universe. Possibly multiple universes) from straight elbow grease. Put some respect on his name.
Also got the best waifu of the whole cast & all he had to do was to NOT give a fuck about the safety of the world (kinda like us and Kassyrra...holy fuck WE ARE KRILLIN!)

2.90 star(s) 107 Votes