Boardguy

Feb 14, 2018
Do y'all think COC2 would've been better if the PC went solo instead having companions, or at least if companions came in a form similar to the camp followers in COC1? I personally would have preferred it to be that way honestly.
Yes, there is literally no downside to making this game a solo act like in coc1 especially since it means you won't have to interact with certain characters unless you want to and the RPG elements and travel of this game aren't really fun. Plus it would be easier to mod certain characters out... or in. The companion system has no benefit and the coc1 companions and camp make ya feel like ya have a home to come back to. Coc2 just makes me wanna end the world.

Tau_Iota

Aug 22, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I don't know how they can loathe/not understand a game that made their golden goose feasible to begin with...

You would think that the writers to the sequel of a game would know how said previous game worked. Like they try to act like CoC2 is sooo different corruption-wise, but it's not. It's literally the same. They both only center around the demonic grip around your soul and do nothing to you physically. Shoutouts to JCS tho, least they know lmao

Wrynn13

Apr 11, 2018
I don't know how they can loathe/not understand a game that made their golden goose feasible to begin with...

You would think that the writers to the sequel of a game would know how said previous game worked. Like they try to act like CoC2 is sooo different corruption-wise, but it's not. It's literally the same. They both only center around the demonic grip around your soul and do nothing to you physically. Shoutouts to JCS tho, least they know lmao

Dude it's Savin and his giant ego, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't straight up tell Fen "I can make a better game than you." and Fen was all "lol do it but only if I get a cut cause you're gonna need my name on the tin." Of course he had to try and reinvent the wheel on just about every aspect of the game he could get away with while still calling it CoC. And of course he brought on people that don't understand what made CoC1 a better game.

Tau_Iota

Aug 22, 2018
Dude it's Savin and his giant ego, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't straight up tell Fen "I can make a better game than you." and Fen was all "lol do it but only if I get a cut cause you're gonna need my name on the tin." Of course he had to try and reinvent the wheel on just about every aspect of the game he could get away with while still calling it CoC. And of course he brought on people that don't understand what made CoC1 a better game.
Except he didn't reinvent the wheel. He just made a wheel, and said "Look, is different" and then it was different.

I don't know how you chuds ( :BootyTime: ) feel about Fen, but to this day I think he's an all-star text game maker. Yeah his libido left him, but in his heyday he was next level. Sure he was super fixated on massive horse dong, but every man has his vice. I don't think he ever expected CoC1 to explode like it did, so its scope got away from him.

Edit: Don't put the emojis in parentheses unless you want things like :)BootyTime:), gotta add a space between the colons and parentheses

Last edited:
Reactions: bloboto

Wrynn13

Apr 11, 2018
Fen made the superior game in CoC1, and it's the only reason CoC2 made any money far as I'm concerned. Every change Savin made is a huge step down in quality and I think a lot of his anger towards those of us that point this out is because he knows it. FOE should have been the real sequel, it had more promise and better lore than this certainly.

Daken9

Apr 28, 2017
Didn't Tobs at one point go all, "in my writing i want corruption to be more than black and white," but then you look at his writing and that shit might as well be the light side/dark side as shown in the Sequels with how little it matters. Evil characters be evil, good characters be good, and even if they do awful shit they still be good because morality has two shades and corruption isn't an actual external force but just an emo gimmick (as exemplefied by mama wolf).

And that note, kinda crazy that the PC can't be shitty to virtually anyone without being outright evil, and that on the other hand the only characters they have beef with are the outright villainous ones. It's like some D&D game, everyone be friends with everyone to not step on eachother's toes or something.

Last edited:

Tau_Iota

Aug 22, 2018
Didn't Tobs at one point go all, "in my writing i want corruption to be more than black and white," but then you look at his writing and that shit might as well be the light side/dark side as shown in the Sequels with how little it matters. Evil characters be evil, good characters be good, and even if they do awful shit they still be good because morality has two shades and corruption isn't an actual external force but just an emo gimmick (as exemplefied by mama wolf).

And that note, kinda crazy that the PC can't be shitty to virtually anyone without being outright evil, and that on the other hand the only characters they have beef with are the outright villainous ones. It's like some D&D game, everyone be friends with everyone to not step on eachother's toes or something.
And that they write Dark Knight players as edgelords...

But this Sequel comparison makes me wonder... tumblr_6d5604ac3af1fde358e3e86666aa6c85_d3026468_1280.png

MoneyMan181

Sep 6, 2019
It's like some D&D game, everyone be friends with everyone to not step on eachother's toes or something.
It's even worse than that, considering I've seen a decent amount of D&D groups have actual meaningful interpersonal conflicts with each other. Crazy how improv done by complete randos is more engaging than writers with years of experience.
And that they write Dark Knight players as edgelords...

But this Sequel comparison makes me wonder... View attachment 1952097
Don't give them ideas, they're gonna have the PC sacrifice themselves so Cait can be the big slutty protagonist she was always meant to be like Kylo does for Rey.

Reactions: Daken9

Tau_Iota

Aug 22, 2018
It's even worse than that, considering I've seen a decent amount of D&D groups have actual meaningful interpersonal conflicts with each other. Crazy how improv done by complete randos is more engaging than writers with years of experience.

Don't give them ideas, they're gonna have the PC sacrifice themselves so Cait can be the big slutty protagonist she was always meant to be like Kylo does for Rey.
But forreal, why does everyone (unless they're a dominator like Arona) have to be nice all the time. Not even pregnant grumps as far as I can tell. Why do I have to be nice to someone if I don't like them?

Although holy shit, you could twist it a bit to turn this totally into a Kylo/Rey story. Us Prequel/Original enjoyers really do stay losing huh?

Thedude715

Nov 6, 2017
Yikes I knew they had some shit takes over in their bubble but damn dude, him typing this in their supporter/inner circle channel is just next level hypocritical and dumb.

Anyone who disagrees with what I think are a bunch of "misinformed circle-jerking idiots!" -Billy 8 years old oh no wait that is what Savin a grown man said .....well fuck.

And at this point maybe we are circle jerking but fuck it it feels justified to see people who deserve it get shit on.

Tau_Iota

Aug 22, 2018
Does that make TiTS the prequels?
You made me spit out out my water, forcing me to clean up the mess, while I was pulled very far away from where I needed to be in Factorio by a transport belt. I applaud you in your ability to affect people via the internet because my factory construction has yet to be affect by aliens, but you managed to in one stroke.

But yeah I guess so. Not as well loved as the original, but gains a much larger appreciation after the sequels are released.

2.90 star(s) 107 Votes