Wrynn13

Apr 11, 2018
Holy mother of based, Anonarts is a chad for going against the grain and not giving a fuck. I'd be hesitant to interact with anybody in the place at all.

I mean if you have sex with a demon, you're going to get corrupted. Promiscuity may not inherently spread it, but it makes the likelihood way higher.

We haven't actually seen Cait offer to purify you or anything despite being a priest so I don't think this is the case. Not even Sanders is able to do it for you, and he's probably way more experienced in that sort of thing than her. Seems like corruption is an intrinsic thing other people can't really cure.
Zo can purify you, quite a lot really. Of course monks like her seem fairly rare in game.

Wrynn13

Apr 11, 2018
Wow didn't even know that shit about Urta, super fucking yikes.:FacePalm: Can these devs for one second not be obsessed with putting in their own super special OCs into these games? It's kind of ridiculous at this point. And I'm sure there isn't even an option to say, "Hey, I'm not into partners who sleep around without even asking me if I'm alright with it, go kick rocks, bitch." It's seriously crazy how obsessed these guys are with NPCs that sleep around, without you being able to do really anything about it.

Literally every new thing I find out about these devs makes me think less of them, it's absolutely fucking bonkers. Murphy's Law is absolutely reaming my asshole like Kassyra does to my PC, jesus christ man.
CoC1 was better not in that they didn't have characters like this but in that you could choose not to interact with them. Don't like Urta, don't interact with her. For the most part anyways since they did lock endings behind her stuff which was stupid.

Wrynn13

Apr 11, 2018
Come in here and post something like Savin is God and Tobs his profit and you all aren't worthy to kiss his feet and yeah I imagine the reaction won't be great but a honest discussion of something you like that most don't isn't going to get anyone attacked. Skand is even defending the Berwyn treatment for some reason and I don't see any torches and pitchforks, yet...

Lord Kentus

Jan 4, 2021
CoC1 was better not in that they didn't have characters like this but in that you could choose not to interact with them. Don't like Urta, don't interact with her. For the most part anyways since they did lock endings behind her stuff which was stupid.
Some of the revamp mods even had options in the menu to just disable the character with the flip of a tab

junlop

Donor
Apr 26, 2017
When it comes to Berwyn, I think the biggest issue is that they didn't tell anyone.

I understand the reasons behind the decision they made, and I think it wasn't a bad one, or at least the best that they had available.

But without any expectation management, it hit kinda hard. Wsan is pretty adamant that this was the best way to do it and telling people beforehand would have simply resulted in months of harassment and complaining, but I still think this wasn't the best way to break the news.
Just being transparent will always be the best option when dealing with internet drama, those guys are old enough to understand this.

MoneyMan181

Sep 6, 2019
Yes I know, but imo it's just as bad when you have 0 warnings for something like, "Hey I'm fucking your girlfriend and we both love it, haha isn't that crazy?" Especially for a character that does not have much (if any) content with other characters before that. You need massive warnings for shit like that which at least CoC2 does right from the get go.
Come in here and post something like Savin is God and Tobs his profit and you all aren't worthy to kiss his feet and yeah I imagine the reaction won't be great but a honest discussion of something you like that most don't isn't going to get anyone attacked.
If the devs came in here with an open-mind and were willing to actually listen to people's criticism, I guarantee you they wouldn't receive much in terms of attacks. Not in any way that could actually hurt their feelings anyway(that is if they expect this place to be as bad as they think). If they just gave a decent discussion on why they do (x) things, without being assholes about it, I'm sure it'd actually improve how people here view them. It would for me, anyway. Most people here aren't completely dismissive assholes it seems like, just pissed off about how the devs carry themselves(which isn't very well from what I've seen).
Just being transparent will always be the best option when dealing with internet drama, those guys are old enough to understand this.
These are the people who went behind a co-workers back to implement a shitty rape scene of said co-workers companion and let him find out about it on his own. Seems like they have a lot more to understand than just transparency.:KEK:

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Holy, 830+ pages already.
Road to 1k!!!
Then after that, I'll do something stupid and read all comments from page one to page one thousand.

Maybe that can finally give me the reason to come back and play again, bruteforcing the Kinu incident.

• Haha
Reactions: Wrynn13

AAmTT

Dec 10, 2018
I should find where to check that coc1 xianxia mod that was getting made, haven't looked at it in like 3 years but it had some fun custom content. Anyone here still check it?

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
I should find where to check that coc1 xianxia mod that was getting made, haven't looked at it in like 3 years but it had some fun custom content. Anyone here still check it?
They have a wiki for it and a download link in it so you can always just google "CoC Xianxia" and it should pop up easily.

Wrynn13

Apr 11, 2018
Was it Xianxia that absorbed the revamp mod after Kitteh stopped working on it when flash died? I seem to remember someone continuing their work...

slmkaz

Dec 11, 2017
Ngl the removing as a companion sucked; for me Berry was the caterpie I kept in my party til Elite 4. He stopped evolving before I was even a third through the game, but he was there in the beginning so I kept him there til the end. For Berry he had no content for years but dammit I was gonna use him regardless. Sounds like now best you can do is just like, ignore him after you get to the point he was at before in order to avoid new content (Which I maybe will try sometime in the future) but jesus if I wasn't confused as hell seeing that update out of nowhere.

Not on any particular love/hate train with any of the writers/artists for Coc2, but you'd think a game where people pay money to get their OCs mentioned or commissioned in-game (including staff themselves) would realize the backlash to suddenly removing any character, regardless of content.

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Wait, what's this revamp mod do?
All I know in xianxia is that everything combat-related is absurd = fun for me.

Boardguy

Feb 14, 2018
Oh and the amily urta scene was extremely ooc for amily and some believe it was spite writing cause of amily popularity when people werent exactly warm to urta.That is another reason people disliked urta besides her background being kinda unnecessary compared to other herms In coc1.

Wrynn13

Apr 11, 2018
Wait, what's this revamp mod do?
All I know in xianxia is that everything combat-related is absurd = fun for me.
Revamp continued the work on CoC1 after the dev's abandoned it, added a bunch of content, a game+ mode, and more.

Wrynn13

Apr 11, 2018
Funny thing, as much as Savin hates mods and modders I'm fairly sure it was Revamp that added achievements to CoC1 which is something he added to CoC2.

Greily

Mar 4, 2018
Thanks Skandranon for keeping that unofficial list of upcoming updates. Read back a few pages I was feeling like I wasn't gonna be picking this game up again.

I feel bad for the Berry fans out there. I'm not a fan, but I'd be sad if I had to skip out on new content to preserve my usual team (Cait, Brint and Ryn). Not digging where they seem to be taking Ryn completely, but I was gonna wait til the next big Ryn update anyways I guess. I nvr really thought of end game goals, just figured they'd drag this shit out like TiTs. Senja's my personal pick for marriage material, but I do enjoy Ryn's content either way.

I think it'd be more fun to just have an epilogue where you get to see everyone years later with some text walls based on player choices. At least half the regular party members are scions in their own right. Brint is King of his city, Cait a powerful religious figure and Ryn The Queen of her City. All of them with their own families formed. I think it would be interesting to see the next generation and how your adventures have shaped them and their future.

Like take for example my choice, marrying into Oxana's family and your kids are ruthless magical info brokers and shady merchants lol.

I think that's prolly the real rub for me though, these knuckleheads are sitting on prime story material and they can't seem to see past the end of their own dicks. I guess that's what you can expect from complacent second gen indie "professionals". They're happy to continue leeching off of Fen's clout from within his shadow rather then actually get creative.

They don't even need to fuck off to another world for the next one. If they're trimming stuff in the story that means they're actually looking wrapping it up at some point right? I wonder what new project they'll hate fuck out of their fans commissions next...

2.90 star(s) 107 Votes