Ellioto

Sep 26, 2017
Which is a really really poor choice imo. There's already a bad end where kasyrra is implied to have done so to completion and is basically a emotionally empty ascended being, who knows how many years in the future after she finds you frozen in ice, think from the brint frost knight armor blacksmith fight. Sure they could deus ex machina them and go "NUH UH NUH UH YOU CANT FIGHT MY OC HE HAS LIKE 50000 EVASION AND IS LEVEL 50 XD" but there's a very easy route to have a evil end where you'd fight them and their religion's paladins, destroy them and absorb their power and get progressively stronger until finally you're the god emperor. Making an opportunity to push the combat system and difficulty to the limits and making them each superbosses, if every aspect besides tobs content needs smut then make every gods defeat require a sex scene to drain their power or something.

Characters that have their souls removed are shown to become stronger and your characters an anomaly, so just make it so after kas eventually removes your soul (if you choose) that you become not impossibly strong but strong enough to defeat one of the gods not expecting it so you're able to drain one and go from there. They've already got gameplay foundations, going off kiyokos abilities keros could be something like a Malboro from ff, or a trickster focused on stacking tons of ailments and damage on the party, Mallach could be extreme tease damage, lumia would be holy and combat abilities, nareva'd be long lost spells, the others haven't been shown yet but could follow the same pattern of matching their themes.

Sure it's a smut game and all but it'd be fun imo, some things lore wise you don't have a chance to see unless you have the opportunity to do bad things. Who stays with you? Would you have to slap cait against the wall before fighting Mallach? Kiyoko before keros? Etheryn before lumia? Azyrran and liaden fighting you? You'd have the chance for characters like brint or brienne to side against Gods and against the world itself, assuring their place as prime husbando or waifu. I dunno it just seems like a giant waste for all that potential and more to go to basic endings you can already see blatantly foreshadowed.
Erm what bad end is that? I need to see all kas stuff

Anderus1984

Jan 3, 2021
I was wondering does developers of COC 2 have something like a road map? I am just curious how long in the perspective to wait untill we would be able to lay our hands on 1.0 version. At least I really hope that someday this day will come, because this game is something. I never thought that text rpgs can be so fun

silentangel

Jan 2, 2019

Discord link is in the wiki but I'll post it here anyway.
Tell me more.
Three driders. A massive spooder wielding a dildospear, a diving bell spooder who sells you enchanted gear, and a sub spooder. You can make a spooder town with them and your children. (They can all get pregnant.)

Jun 1, 2017
What? MC is left alive just because red flying horsecock said so aka TOTALLY LOGICAL AND BELIEAVABLE ASSUMPTION TO THE STORY YES YES VERY GOOD SAVIN IS A GOD IN STORY CREATION VERY YES 10000 OUT OF 10 STORY DEVELOPMENT AND PROGRESSION
Yeah I dunno. Generally yeah they've just made it so "well mc survived and the only thing special about them is their soul is sussy." That's just so boring. They don't just have to do anime or edgelord power fantasy but the combat systems just feeling awful, many many forced losses and characters just walking over you. A final boss fight with kasyrra or whatever entity they choose to let you beat probably through sheer luck or help will feel unearned or empty when so many characters are portrayed as just better. It doesn't matter if you're a level 10 champion of keros with a one shot combo, or friggin 700+ hp with crit nullification, nothing but resistances and at least 2 auto revives, you'll get sucker punched regardless.

Less complainy though and speaking of quin, his tank kit sounds fun to mess with, hope it's released sooner than later. Honestly imo too quin started off abrasive and crap but nearly everything in the game has got to the point where he seems pitiable or even like a decent character more and more. Bubble lord sometimes seems like one of the most toxic writers on the team but I've got a soft spot for rune and with some of the interactions with cait I kinda feel bad for him, he seems salvageable at least. He just comes off as a loveable failure of a playboy now, if they toned down all his insinuated date rapey magic and made him more of a bro or a romance option he could be decently solid.

It doesn't help that he's become one of the sole options for a male party party member so if you're going to give people who want males or a party with balanced genders something he's one of the only choices. I doubt he'll reach it tbh but he has potential and is a good enough idea, since he was a member of the cult he should have plenty of opportunities for flavor texts, his statue stuffs interesting, his abilities are cool with his combat bust changing etc. he just flips between rapist, prick, and arrogance. For all intents and purposes they removed Berwyn and brints hyper masculine so quin needs to really capitalize on being suave and more vulnerable or something because if people are ok with furry and want dom stuff I don't see why they wouldn't just pick brint, more loveable, no rape spell threats, giga Chad body, with you earlier and easier. It's not like the jock vs the mysterious goth, it's the jock with flowers vs the guy you thinks been following you

smithsmithsmith

Aug 16, 2018
A final boss fight with kasyrra or whatever entity they choose to let you beat probably through sheer luck or help will feel unearned or empty when so many characters are portrayed as just better. It doesn't matter if you're a level 10 champion of keros with a one shot combo, or friggin 700+ hp with crit nullification, nothing but resistances and at least 2 auto revives, you'll get sucker punched regardless.
I feel like this is somewhat of an inherent problem with games, after all Aeries could've died in a hundred fights before her cutscene in FF7 but suddenly the pheonix down no longer works? It's hard to have a battle system while also having a story with stakes unless you somewhat regard the battles as non canon or just visual representation for the sake of gameplay. You can sometimes suspend disbelief a little more by doing the pokemon thing of 'Pikachu fainted' instead of died but cmon he got hit by a flamethrower that you're not just gonna need some smelling salts and a lie-down. Alternatively you can weave player death into the story a la From Software's action RPG's but you kind of need to build a whole world around it beforehand.

For all intents and purposes they removed Berwyn and brints hyper masculine so quin needs to really capitalize on being suave and more vulnerable or something because if people are ok with furry and want dom stuff I don't see why they wouldn't just pick brint
I mean there's all kind of interests when it comes to dom/sub dynamics, yandere is a thing afterall. I agree that there's probably a larger audience for more generic suave confident fellas though.

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
Aeries Aerith could've died in a hundred fights before her cutscene in FF7 but suddenly the pheonix down no longer works?
I've always understood "death" in combat to be either a) non-diegetic, that is to say it's not canonical: it's happening in your game because it's a game, but in the official version of the story, it doesn't happen; or b) it's not actually death, but just fainting (seeing that it's also cured by just resting up in an inn).

Reactions: MoneyMan181

liinh

Sep 9, 2017
i agree quin is salvageable if he's more well developed. design wise he's nice looking and again one of the only male companions now. i get he was part of a sex cult but come on how am i supposed to get a feel for the dude when like 70% of my interactions w him r abt how badly he wants to fuck my teammates or whatever. my mc got knocked up by him and iirc the dialogue when hes there after the birth was actually pretty sweet so it's a shame otherwise he's just.. ugh. his writing seems so inconsistent too. like so when you first rescue him or whatever and ur like "sex?" he's like "no that would make me look shady i'm new here" but then as soon as you get him as a companion literally 1 day or whatever after that convo he's then like "fuck yeah lets do it" and also just loudly proclaiming how badly he wants to fuck all the local women or whatever. and its like uhh where did the quin from the first scene go? would've loved if they'd turned this into like a having to get to know him before u can bang or whatever/maybe events that have you getting to know him and help get the town to be more used to him but i guess i shouldn't have expected that much.

2.90 star(s) 107 Votes