Daken9

Apr 28, 2017
Stupid takes fucking up the writing 101. If the kitsune were played like the vainglorious vampires that they are then it'd be fine (and the resulting VtMB-esque society much more interesting), but instead the game demands you to believe the natural born soul-suckers are actually more civilized than everyone else. In a bad end the gilf straight up makes a living doll out of the Champion, one that she routinely possesses to experience sex in another body, but they're the good guys and orcs be the evil ones :FacePalm: They're the literal cosmic horrors guy's talking about :FacePalm:

Jun 1, 2017
Oh god damn it, did Calla get absorbed/fused into the Player Character with the portal shenanigans, making our soul interesting by Calla proxy? Thanks for making me question that possibility now, but I don't wanna make that bet.
It's conspiracy theory territory, but from what kas has said, various characters have inferred, the most likely theory is she went where kas came from or basically the same location, and is most likely being used in one of the "breeding pits" kas mentions or is being used as a broodmother, unless they have a deus ex machina planned where someone's holding her hostage or something. I don't really see a logical outcome besides her landing in a hellscape doped up on aphrodisiacs surrounded by horse dongs, where they could do the "I'm forever ruined, ruined I say" trope before she becomes a waifu after rescue, or she could have a dramatic death scene while cait screams.

Lord Kentus

Jan 4, 2021
So after you free Kiyoko from the orb, there are several scenes where either you invite her to events or she invites you to events. In all the scenes where you invite her she either says no, or she makes it clear she looks down on native culture and people (in the winter ball scene she deliberately tries to make you feel bad for taking her to something so unpleasant to her, saying that she's only there because you invited her.)
In going to kitsune events, she often abandons you to the scorn of the other kitsune characters, never speaks up in your defence, and in one case does the equivalent of sitting you at the kids table because you're "so low in station".
In short, save for the sex scenes with her which are the same as from the orb, in which she's madly in love with you, whenever you're out in public she treats you like a pet... a pet that just rolled in shit and embarrassed her in front of her friends.
Even shorter: Kiyoko is racist and is only with the champ because she can't get enough of his D
I hope that one you can set those colonies ablaze and drive those soul sucking vermin off the continent and back to their shitty little island of not Japan and then drop a sun on it.

They say real life imitates art, if that is the case why not make the inverse true.

Basty96

May 4, 2017
I hope that one you can set those colonies ablaze and drive those soul sucking vermin off the continent and back to their shitty little island of not Japan and then drop a sun on it.

They say real life imitates art, if that is the case why not make the inverse true.
if you want the inverse it has to be two suns not one :LUL:

• Haha
Reactions: silentangel
Jun 1, 2017

Oh don't worry, there *was*. There's a emphasis on "picking up this orb may change fate yada yada", because originally you were supposed to be able to side with Taoth instead, but again, too much work/ nobody wanted to write a separate route.

Reactions: Wrynn13

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
Oh god damn it, did Calla get absorbed/fused into the Player Character with the portal shenanigans, making our soul interesting by Calla proxy? Thanks for making me question that possibility now, but I don't wanna make that bet.
Maybe that's why everyone is interested in your soul: since it's fused with Calla's, it's not only more complex, but also more powerful than the average soul, which makes it more desirable.

Futa_Buddy

Nov 24, 2018
My two cents: I feel like these writers (Tobs, Savin, etc.) don't have any real meaningful goals or intentions with what they write. I think they just write whatever they feel like writing at the time, good/bad or relevant/irrelevant, it doesn't matter to them.

Here's my idea of how it goes; one of the writers writes something that they feel like writing at the moment, they pass it to Savin who approves it because it's content and it's one less thing that he has to do, then they publish it and write a bullshit blogpost 'explaining' (kind of but not really) why they did what they did and rinse and repeat (onto the next thing).

I don't think there is any grand goal or plan in mind with their writing and content releases, I think they're just making it up as they go along. This is the only logical explanation for the inconsistent writing and scatterbrained content releases for this game (imo)...

Heremus

Nov 7, 2017
Maybe that's why everyone is interested in your soul: since it's fused with Calla's, it's not only more complex, but also more powerful than the average soul, which makes it more desirable.
Well, the reason I'm annoyed by it is the potential of Calla being the reason behind the main character power-up we receive throughout the game and imagining all that build-up on the Kasyrra romance route, who's gonna get screwed over in the end?
More I look into this stuff, the more I want to dive back into writing my own series of stories (Not anything related to Fenoxo), just to fill in the hole called "Potential".

DipYourFingersOnMyAss

Jan 13, 2019
I don't think there is any grand goal or plan in mind with their writing and content releases, I think they're just making it up as they go along. This is the only logical explanation for the inconsistent writing and scatterbrained content releases for this game (imo)...
Savin and his boyfriends:
3n9xr2.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2017
Imo I don't particularly care about the morals of the thing as long as they're well done. If they're some variant of evil but treat you right, that's something that can build attachment. The "I can fix them" thing. Countless characters and love interests have done that. Kas does that, even though she doesn't really do much "evil". Primary issue with the kitsune is that's how they seem to think it's being done, when at best it's not a bad boy/girl that loves the pc/"you", the type that blocks attacks for you and says "hands off my man/girl". You can make seriously vile characters relatable or attachable with the right amount of love. But it comes off far more like a blatantly abusive Harley Quinn/joker type deal where they'll toss a "I miss you" but then the "your opinion doesn't matter". She acts one way when you're alone and one way around other people, but it's not a mask and she doesn't say "I'm sorry I had to say that, you're bae forever I just didn't want him to feel bad or kill him outright", she just says it factually and your chars supposed to take it.

You take on their den, nobody cares, you save her from eternal isolation after she's been alone for who knows how long, she pops out, doesn't care, you're her ho and should be thankful for that, and if people trash talk you, well that's rude, but of course, true. She acts too perfect for someone that went through all that. Compare to brienne you get cake for and take care of and then is loyal af and doesn't take anyone talking shit.

Heremus

Nov 7, 2017
You take on their den, nobody cares, you save her from eternal isolation after she's been alone for who knows how long, she pops out, doesn't care, you're her ho and should be thankful for that, and if people trash talk you, well that's rude, but of course, true. She acts too perfect for someone that went through all that. Compare to brienne you get cake for and take care of and then is loyal af and doesn't take anyone talking shit.
Is there even any instance of her talking behind their backs, or is her devotion to Keros just that overshadowing on the relationship?
"I'm sorry I had to say that, you're bae forever I just didn't want him to feel bad or kill him outright", I don't feel like anything of this level has been said. "Champsexual", but not "Champship", or some stupid joke I was trying to think of.

• Haha
Reactions: undyingrevenant
Jun 1, 2017
Is there even any instance of her talking behind their backs, or is her devotion to Keros just that overshadowing on the relationship?
"I'm sorry I had to say that, you're bae forever I just didn't want him to feel bad or kill him outright", I don't feel like anything of this level has been said. "Champsexual", but not "Champship", or some stupid joke I was trying to think of.
I was just kinda over exaggerating. Keros is one thing, when for all intents and purposes your god is standing in front of you and even though the PC was the one who brought the pieces together, keros saved her and her kids, so respect there story wise and all is reasonable. It's just to everyone else. Every, or every other dialogue has stuff like has been mentioned in a few posts, her inviting you to stuff out of obligation instead of wanting you to be there, the way shes talking to nakano if you take her with you after hearing about princess kinus engagement to him, a bunch of small stuff that adds up, and she never apologizes or considers your characters feelings.

She's either written as mentally abusive or as bipolar, not sure what's worse, because in scenes in the orb she's pretty nice. In novellas tobs wrote apparently she borderline or literally abuses kinu during parenting, and occasionally during the actual game. While alone out of the orb she seems loving and goes through all the effort to make a mammoth box of food multiple times. When you're at the den she acts like someone putting on a "business face" but it's never explicitly referred to as putting on a face, and the stuff about not caring whether you join her or not is away from subordinates so it doesn't appear to be about showing strength or anything. For a character that's supposed to be part of a loving family sim with a possibility of becoming a kitsune for them and living happily ever after, it comes across, IMHO as a worse twilight. The love interest has less good qualities and the family has minimal bro or sismance or cool doctor in laws.

2.90 star(s) 107 Votes