Lord Kentus

Jan 4, 2021
I thought that it was rather good. Well, I do have couple of overall qualms with his whole cult justification and how non of the supposed changes in character reflect his regular content, but it is a start.
In my personal opinion, the cult and its membership are so unabashed actually evil that even tangential relation to them(former members, financial backers and allies) are quite in the realm of being put to death for their portion of putting the world into danger. I mean if we go by the shitty little story that Savin and co have written out? Directly due to their actions, a major city state has been under siege since essentially the game started and that has resulted in the deaths and corruption of god only knows how many people, you can sort of forgive them for the Winter City(I wouldn't because their actions again directly lead to it but at least they weren't directly involved unlike the Siege) if you wanna go softball on em but again.

The cult is a scum fuck terrorist organization and there is no good justification for it, so Jacque Hussein Quin really does have the whole permanently being ignored by me thing down flat, it really doesn't help that he requires a lot more effort for basically no reward save having a horndog cultist who openly remarks on wanting to cuck you. Might never get the chance to lop his head for his asshole deeds but I can certainly not include him in the game.

Konstantinus

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2019
In my personal opinion, the cult and its membership are so unabashed actually evil that even tangential relation to them(former members, financial backers and allies) are quite in the realm of being put to death for their portion of putting the world into danger. I mean if we go by the shitty little story that Savin and co have written out? Directly due to their actions, a major city state has been under siege since essentially the game started and that has resulted in the deaths and corruption of god only knows how many people, you can sort of forgive them for the Winter City(I wouldn't because their actions again directly lead to it but at least they weren't directly involved unlike the Siege) if you wanna go softball on em but again.

The cult is a scum fuck terrorist organization and there is no good justification for it, so Jacque Hussein Quin really does have the whole permanently being ignored by me thing down flat, it really doesn't help that he requires a lot more effort for basically no reward save having a horndog cultist who openly remarks on wanting to cuck you. Might never get the chance to lop his head for his asshole deeds but I can certainly not include him in the game.
You must see the good side of him. He annoys Caite extremly.

arls120

Sep 12, 2020
Sausages party are not viable due to the lack of healers. I mean its possible to cross dicks on 'bruderschaft' inside of some poor(?) girl, but without healing items it will turn into anal-carnaval pretty soon.
I mainly use white mage so no problem ........... I wonder if there will ever be a trio with Brint and Quin.

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
putting the world into danger
So dangerous danger that nobody gives a fuck.
"Oi...bees lay eggs into ass of pretty much everything in forest? Pfff, not a big deal."
"Wot, daemons lurks in the caves of a mountain? Whatever, here group of miners that just hangs out and do things without any soldiers support."
"Elfin queen turned into a sex slave of a horse cock wielding daemon? Thats just an ordinary wednsday for her and us, m8"
"Cultist wakes up Cthulhu? Good, good, he owed me five bucks...hope he gives it back tomorrow."

Reactions: Jguy96

Lord Kentus

Jan 4, 2021
So dangerous danger that nobody gives a fuck.
"Oi...bees lay eggs into ass of pretty much everything in forest? Pfff, not a big deal."
"Wot, daemons lurks in the caves of a mountain? Whatever, here group of miners that just hangs out and do things without any soldiers support."
"Elfin queen turned into a sex slave of a horse cock wielding daemon? Thats just an ordinary wednsday for her and us, m8"
"Cultist wakes up Cthulhu? Good, good, he owed me five bucks...hope he gives it back tomorrow."
This is why everyone just leaves you in the valley bro

Kallisto

Jun 6, 2019
In my personal opinion, the cult and its membership are so unabashed actually evil
Yeah I think again this is up to the disconnect in some of the lore and different writers. Bubble presents Quinn as this good guy who got involved in a sex cult and then when they started to get out of hand, he bailed. Except from Gweyr's quest, we know that their first dabbling in (attempted) human sacrifice was years ago the night she got exiled. That was apparently when they went from small-time annoyances to a big threat. Even if we believe that the cult was laying low after that incident, it's a bit too big of a stretch to believe that Quinn has been blind to how bad the cult is and only recently wanted to bail. And obv, since we the players have been witness to the depravity of the cult since day 1, Quinn comes off as like...really dude? How could you NOT know?

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
Yeah I think again this is up to the disconnect in some of the lore and different writers. Bubble presents Quinn as this good guy who got involved in a sex cult and then when they started to get out of hand, he bailed. Except from Gweyr's quest, we know that their first dabbling in (attempted) human sacrifice was years ago the night she got exiled. That was apparently when they went from small-time annoyances to a big threat. Even if we believe that the cult was laying low after that incident, it's a bit too big of a stretch to believe that Quinn has been blind to how bad the cult is and only recently wanted to bail. And obv, since we the players have been witness to the depravity of the cult since day 1, Quinn comes off as like...really dude? How could you NOT know?
I was fucking willing bitches. Its a sex cult after all!!!

Shiro15

Mar 15, 2019
I think you're giving Quin to much credit. I mean the dude thinks he's safe in Hawthorne from the cultist. Hawthorne that even when it had Qweyr and Sanders (who according to the writers would kick the champs teeth in) wasn't safe from a significantly weaker cult. Hawthorne, the place that was literally attacked a day before he gets there, but Quin can't even be bothered to buy his own weapons and prepare for a worst case scenario. This man has zero foresight skills and zero self preservation. All that alcohol has clearly done a number on his brain cells. Wouldn't expect much from him when it comes to complex thinking or forethought.

Lord Kentus

Jan 4, 2021
I think you're giving Quin to much credit. I mean the dude thinks he's safe in Hawthorne from the cultist. Hawthorne that even when it had Qweyr and Sanders (who according to the writers would kick the champs teeth in) wasn't safe from a significantly weaker cult. Hawthorne, the place that was literally attacked a day before he gets there, but Quin can't even be bothered to buy his own weapons and prepare for a worst case scenario. This man has zero foresight skills and zero self preservation. All that alcohol has clearly done a number on his brain cells. Wouldn't expect much from him when it comes to complex thinking or forethought.
Its honestly nothing short of a divine miracle that he is capable of using magic at this point really

Kallisto

Jun 6, 2019
Yeah I get what you mean but at that point I attribute it all to the writer. Bubble made the character and the quest and didn't account for all these questions we're bringing up because...idk, reasons I guess.

Quinn's older quest itself is pretty nonsensical. I think the reasoning given for MC needing to buy the stuff is because Quinn is in cultist robes and doesn't want the villagers to see him and maybe a little bit of him testing to see if we'd help him/he could trust us. But like...no one had a cloak he could use to go on his own? You're right that someone escaping from a cult would probably want to arm themselves and find - if not a safe haven - then people he can trust to watch his back. And if you're running from a cult, tho the MC is strong, they are actively working against and thus always interacting with the cult so, maybe not the best group to latch onto if you don't want the cult to find you lol.

Reactions: MoneyMan181
Jun 1, 2017
I think he has daddy issues personally
I do find it weird that their approach to kinu was the whole "no father you may not boink me or rub my tails" instead of the way frejas handled which is a lot more natural building of "no why would I do that she's my potato". Ie kinus approached as tobs saying "I know you want to bang her, it'll never happen, but I know you do, here's her nude" while meanwhile frejas depicted as being a "mus protecc" and giving her plushies etc. It's a smut game and all but the approaches are like tobs is secretly a fan of incest while frejas just a depiction of a actual kid you toss in the air and call you "ba ba" etc. If you can't or don't like incest content frejas approach is much better

MoneyMan181

Sep 6, 2019
please don't give me hope the game is fucked
Most optimistic person in this thread.:KEK:
Hawthorne that even when it had Qweyr and Sanders (who according to the writers would kick the champs teeth in)
Really I don't even know why devs use, "Well champ isn't actually that strong." logic. OK even if the champ isn't strong, they have 2 8 foot tall amazons that are ride or die and a ranger/knight that is the leader of a kingdom that wants to marry you. And those are just the companions that would do basically whatever you ask of them. It doesn't even matter if the champ is strong when the people they are fucking with are strong.

Also if Gweyr and Sanders are actually that strong, why are they not the protagonists? You could maybe make an excuse for Gweyr since she's a fucking psycho, but you really mean to tell me Sanders is that much more powerful than my character and all he does is sit in a chapel while the world gets corrupted? My fucking ass.

Unless the character is a God or Kas, nothing has been done to show other characters being more powerful than PC. Why are they so infatuated with their own characters?

Heremus

Nov 7, 2017
Also if Gweyr and Sanders are actually that strong, why are they not the protagonists? You could maybe make an excuse for Gweyr since she's a fucking psycho, but you really mean to tell me Sanders is that much more powerful than my character and all he does is sit in a chapel while the world gets corrupted? My fucking ass.
Y'know, it's a miracle I never considered bringing Quin to meet Gweyr. Kinda curious if there's anything interesting exchanged between the two, probably not. But I'd imagine Quin getting cold feet in the Arctic, even as a firewalker.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Shiro15
2.90 star(s) 107 Votes