Tau_Iota

Aug 22, 2018
Wait, so not only is Calla fine but it's also not about us at all? Tf? That's like, the call to adventure...

It'd be like if Gandalf gave Frodo the ring, has him assemble the fellowship, only to kneel down and smile as he takes the ring back, saying "Now now, little hobbit. This quest is far too dangerous for the likes of you." And then the other members walk away laughing and highfiving on their way to Mordor, leaving Frodo to watch. Like, my call to adventure isn't even my adventure anymore?! Why is there even a PC at this point?

Boardguy

Feb 14, 2018
I f
Wait, so not only is Calla fine but it's also not about us at all? Tf? That's like, the call to adventure...
I feel like both those statements can't be right. Calla was thrown into a portal a sex demon came through so unless she pulled a coc1 or booked it then she might be fucked, in both senses. We are the ones answering the call to adventure and the story is about us, kas wants our soul and you can romance or antagonize her personally for fuck sake. Cait can seethe at the cult, Kas, and Demonkind but the story is/should be yours. Plus we just had a convo on how like most of the world and the gods don't seem to give a fuck about the demon threat.

Bootyman

Apr 7, 2018
But, when I finally decided to see his content, I realized mostly stats wise he's better than Lelianna imo, and his story isn't a bad one. A good way to fix Quin seeming like an idiot for joining the cult would be to say he was born into it. Maybe Tollus has a harem and Quin is born from one of Tollus's many lovers. Maybe the cult kidnapped him and raised him in it. Much in the same way that Zevran was forced to be an Antivan Crows. Anyone of these options would work for me.
This does actually remind me of Suikoden 5. There's a highly secretive group of assassins that worked for the Royal Family called Nether Gate that would kidnap children in order to brainwash and turn them into assassins and an effect of the training is that it destroys the emotions of the assassin. Your bodyguard was actually rescued from them when she was very young (probably a year before she would have started killing people) and a group of recruits are actually former Nether Gate assassins that were able to have their training broken to varying degrees of success although one of them is only able to display apathy and the other has a grin that she can never get rid of.
They also use a poison called raging nostrum that increases their strength and reduces their capacity to feel pain but it drives them berserk and kills them shortly afterwards.

Now I'm not saying that CoCII should be holding itself to a beloved RPG series like Suikoden but it's a lesson that the writers could learn. The cult of Tollus could do something similar with those that they are indoctrinating, have them develop Quin into someone that can charm a target and then assassinate them when they've gotten the target somewhere where they think they'd be having sex. Or they could send cannon fodder driven mad by pure corruption into causing the most havoc and damage.

Apr 5, 2021
To watch them have sex of course.
You joke but I am legitimately beginning to wonder if this entire game is Savin's NTR fuel, but not in the sex sense, but by being cucked out of your own story.

> You get a call to action that sets you on events and pairs you up with a catgirl to save her sister. Turns out you can't save her sister because that's her story, and she doesn't need you, and will sabotage events important to you to put the spotlight onto her (Atani's marriage).
> You accrue power, but it will never be enough, without breaking the game you will always be weaker than companion characters. Those companions each also end up having more impressive backgrounds or stories than you (saving the three no one cares to write for, Atugia, Azzryn(FUTURE EDIT, Even Azzy gets more important stuff in turning into a fucking dragon amazon, fuck these devs), Quin). They either come from nobility, are on some incredible journey, or in one case is literally fucking immortal and should be able to do more than play a shitty lute. Hells, Berwyn got done dirty, but his ending has him ascend to godlike power in the Ways Between, some new kind of diety.
> Even when you accomplish things your rewards are soured by the "Important" characters (saving Brint/Brienne). Wayfort, everyone is dismissive of it even when you fix it up. Kiyoko, enjoy being shat on by people for the rest of the playthrough. Complete Gweyr quest, not only does Saunders not bother listening to you at the ending, but it's all Garret and Garth that let her stay, no one even talks about the accomplishment of beating the cult yet again. In Dawnsword Azzyrn ruins your victory if you don't let her latest crush take the sword at the end, regardless of how useless she has been. LIES AND SLANDER, I have save edited to go back through and if you don't let Liaden get the sword then Azzy just shuts up and has no more to say instead. My bad.
> Saving Brint/Brienne, the only character of importance who seems to care about the Champion is the "Bad Guy". And Kas in canonically a high functioning sociopath, but she's just so deep into her roleplay of wanting to be a good loving mother that she won't break character. Her goal is to rip out your soul in an untested ritual in the hope she can use some of it to have a baby without killing you. This whole adventure, having removed Cait, is just to fatten up your soul a little more. Your adventure, is the equivalent of a goose being force-fed grain, ready to be slaughtered for patte.

That or... you know... they're shitty writers with their heads up their arses and no plan for content meandering back and forth between their own personal fap material while drinking in those patreon bucks.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2017
You joke but I am legitimately beginning to wonder if this entire game is Savin's NTR fuel, but not in the sex sense, but by being cucked out of your own story.

> You get a call to action that sets you on events and pairs you up with a catgirl to save her sister. Turns out you can't save her sister because that's her story, and she doesn't need you, and will sabotage events important to you to put the spotlight onto her (Atani's marriage).
> You accrue power, but it will never be enough, without breaking the game you will always be weaker than companion characters. Those companions each also end up having more impressive backgrounds or stories than you (saving the three no one cares to write for, Atugia, Azzryn, Quin). They either come from nobility, are on some incredible journey, or in one case is literally fucking immortal and should be able to do more than play a shitty lute.
> Even when you accomplish things your rewards are soured by the "Important" characters (saving Brint/Brienne). Wayfort, everyone is dismissive of it even when you fix it up. Kiyoko, enjoy being shat on by people for the rest of the playthrough. Complete Gweyr quest, not only does Saunders not bother listening to you at the ending, but it's all Garret and Garth that let her stay, no one even talks about the accomplishment of beating the cult yet again. In Dawnsword Azzyrn ruins your victory if you don't let her latest crush take the sword at the end, regardless of how useless she has been.
> Saving Brint/Brienne, the only character of importance who seems to care about the Champion is the "Bad Guy". And Kas in canonically a high functioning sociopath, but she's just so deep into her roleplay of wanting to be a good loving mother that she won't break character. Her goal is to rip out your soul in an untested ritual in the hope she can use some of it to have a baby without killing you. This whole adventure, having removed Cait, is just to fatten up your soul a little more. Your adventure, is the equivalent of a goose being force-fed grain, ready to be slaughtered for patte.

That or... you know... they're shitty writers with their heads up their arses and no plan for content meandering back and forth between their own personal fap material while drinking in those patreon bucks.
i dont like how all this connects. i dont like it one bit. this is possible levels of cuck i never thought possible before. not a one off high school dxd "riser bangs all the girls" doujin or a random twist for the main girl when the writer stops caring and wants to sink the ship, this is the possibility of someone wanting (and having the power to push) an entire rpg plot around being, plot wise, tied up in the corner with a ball gag. whether 100% accurate or not this puts the "i hate power fantasies" in a whole new light. hating them not to be challenged or have stakes but just because you want the entire universe to treat you like dom arona does. my god. i'm in too deep to stop early but jesus i just saw and expected a romantic fox wife and mediocre combat. the bad ends are more interesting than the story can forseeably go. more disappointments day by day. tons of content's already marked finished so presumably we'll have a lot of what's currently there for characters we might like even when the game's complete years from now. Woe unto new players who enter here.
9c7.jpg

Lord Kentus

Jan 4, 2021
I do find it weird that their approach to kinu was the whole "no father you may not boink me or rub my tails" instead of the way frejas handled which is a lot more natural building of "no why would I do that she's my potato". Ie kinus approached as tobs saying "I know you want to bang her, it'll never happen, but I know you do, here's her nude" while meanwhile frejas depicted as being a "mus protecc" and giving her plushies etc. It's a smut game and all but the approaches are like tobs is secretly a fan of incest while frejas just a depiction of a actual kid you toss in the air and call you "ba ba" etc. If you can't or don't like incest content frejas approach is much better
Freja was actually the first time, in a very long time this game actually did its job and made me happy about something it produced.

Apr 5, 2021
I never use the evil, wicked wasp so I don't know about this scene in particular, how bad is it?
From memory it's passive aggressive comments about how this was Liaden's journey and she worked hard for it. But I'll need to power a new PC through the Winter wolf content again to be able to check (it's one of those quests you can't save edit back to unfortunately).
Maybe I'm wrong and am misremembering, will update when I've gone through... sigh... all of TOBS's fucking Gweyr content again.

EDIT UPDATE: So turns out while you can't roll Dawnsword/lightsaber back, you can save edit skip winter wolf. So at the end with Az, both sane and bimbo, if you take the sword she says...
Nothing.
She has no dialogue after that point in the quest, which seems odd seeing as she was so verbose up till then. If you let Liaden take it then she has paragraphs of praise for her, but that's fair seeing as she's besotted with her.
I guess it's a little weird and dickish she has nothing to say to you if you win, not even a quick "Did he hurt you PCNAME?" but that's not the same as I implied.
There are some lines from Liaden that come off a little "No I'm totally not mad, you definitely deserved it no matter what the stories say," but that's all.
I doubt they took lines out, as they never admit fault in this game. So I guess my B on that one. Could have sworn she had more to say, but I'll amend the original post.

Last edited:

Shiro15

Mar 15, 2019

> You accrue power, but it will never be enough, without breaking the game you will always be weaker than companion characters. Those companions each also end up having more impressive backgrounds or stories than you (saving the three no one cares to write for, Atugia, Azzryn, Quin). They either come from nobility, are on some incredible journey, or in one case is literally fucking immortal and should be able to do more than play a shitty lute. Hells, Berwyn got done dirty, but his ending has him ascend to godlike power in the Ways Between, some new kind of diety.
> Even when you accomplish things your rewards are soured by the "Important" characters (saving Brint/Brienne). Wayfort, everyone is dismissive of it even when you fix it up. Kiyoko, enjoy being shat on by people for the rest of the playthrough. Complete Gweyr quest, not only does Saunders not bother listening to you at the ending, but it's all Garret and Garth that let her stay, no one even talks about the accomplishment of beating the cult yet again. In Dawnsword Azzyrn ruins your victory if you don't let her latest crush take the sword at the end, regardless of how useless she has been. LIES AND SLANDER, I have save edited to go back through and if you don't let Liaden get the sword then Azzy just shuts up and has no more to say instead. My bad.

Honestly the most accurate review of the game.

DipYourFingersOnMyAss

Jan 13, 2019

> You accrue power, but it will never be enough, without breaking the game you will always be weaker than companion characters. Those companions each also end up having more impressive backgrounds or stories than you (saving the three no one cares to write for, Atugia, Azzryn, Quin). They either come from nobility, are on some incredible journey, or in one case is literally fucking immortal and should be able to do more than play a shitty lute. Hells, Berwyn got done dirty, but his ending has him ascend to godlike power in the Ways Between, some new kind of diety.

i cant take this anymore
ec1.jpg

Link_Xp4444

Jan 6, 2018
Is it possible to get anywhere at all in this game if you just choose to leave Cait in the tavern? What I mean is, you have to actually *ask* her to join up with you initially, right? Well, what happens if you just don't do that, and instead wander off on your own? Can you still meet Brint and complete quests, or does that game force you to party up with Cait initially?

Apr 5, 2021
Is it possible to get anywhere at all in this game if you just choose to leave Cait in the tavern? What I mean is, you have to actually *ask* her to join up with you initially, right? Well, what happens if you just don't do that, and instead wander off on your own? Can you still meet Brint and complete quests, or does that game force you to party up with Cait initially?
Just rushed through the tutorial again and here's the result:
Seems like you can't complete the starter quest (Cat Call), and there are scenes later on you need Cait to be a companion for (all her questlines, marrying the marefolk princess, probably more I can't recall.)
So technically you can proceed without her, you just will have uncompletable/unfailable quests in your journal forever.
Someone more dedicated to testing can try doing a full playthrough without hiring her, I'm betting they'll find instances of her being included like a companion, but I don't think any of the main questline (In her Footsteps) requires Cait.
Just did a little test of the marefolk marriage, if you don't have Cait as a recruited companion you still say "My companion Cait" and you still need to recruit her to officiate the wedding. Its also written as if you already know all about Cait and her... lifestyle.

Last edited:
2.90 star(s) 107 Votes