Sewyoba

Jul 22, 2018
I'll remind you that CoC1 brought in less dough and had more choice with more writers.
Well, there were choices within one character's future, either corrupt them or love them (or ignore them). There was even some dedicking! I'll agree that COC2 doesn't have this. Content-wise, though, COC1 doesn't have as much stuff as COC2. That stuff is text description I almost always skip. Like, a typical encounter in COC1 ends with a sex scene 3-4 lines long, and in COC2 it takes 3-4 pages

YouShallNotLol

May 6, 2022
Well, there were choices within one character's future, either corrupt them or love them (or ignore them). There was even some dedicking! I'll agree that COC2 doesn't have this. Content-wise, though, COC1 doesn't have as much stuff as COC2. That stuff is text description I almost always skip. Like, a typical encounter in COC1 ends with a sex scene 3-4 lines long, and in COC2 it takes 3-4 pages
Yeah, but 3 out of 4 pages are taken up by description of the furniture in the room, not by sex itself.

Alterism

Feb 17, 2019
Content-wise, though, COC1 doesn't have as much stuff as COC2.
Exclusively in word count and mostly on non sexual stuff.

But on the topic of word count
a typical encounter in COC1 ends with a sex scene 3-4 lines long
So. About that~
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You might be misremembering a bit. And by a bit I mean a lot.
Not all of it is expertly written (an example above included). But it gets the job done.

I talk about word count. But, the difference (unless it's a tobs snorefest) isn't that big. In said tobs snorefest that word count is spent with the most inane conversation pieces and frigid descriptors imaginable to make sure you're nice and dry/flacid by the end.
For everything else, They generally all hit the sweetspot between flow and brevity.

This generally matches scene length in CoC2:
  • Vapula's anal train scene? 1143 words
  • Seastone and Imora's anal train scene? 1320
  • Arona's spitroast of Etheryn? 1194
Mind you word count itself isn't a reflection of quality in either direction. A scene can be both long and good. Accidental Mind can have gargantuan herculean sized scenes and not one word of them is out of place.

Lastly I feel I should elaborate on something.
While the choices were indeed more focused on characters, they radiated outwards in other ways.

Characters played off of their and others corruptions, content was unlocked or different depending on your actions and your level of corruption.
  • Wanna fuck up Owca? Go for it.
  • Choose a... less peaceful resolution with the Sand Witches? Go for it.
  • Convert Whitney's farm? Go for it.
  • Topple a goddess? You monster. Go for it.

I should add it wasn't always about the corrupt option or not. Things like Curing Vala (essentially swapping out that content with more wholesome content) or Adrian TFing themselves or not, also existed. Actions that depend on the players input beyond just being nice or an asshat. (Though arguably curing Vala is the right thing to do).

Because regular, pure, and corrupt actions were woven into nearly everything you did, corruption mattered more. By establishing this, players could feel more weight from their actions due to those actions having rewards and consequences. In doing this they also created room for reactivity amongst the other characters. Things like having to convince characters to let each other stay, like Jojo not being too happy if Holli is at your camp or Amily being less than enthused if Jojo is corrupt. The various threesomes and intersections between characters and content depending on their state (and anatomy).

The scenes were also substantially different:
  • Pure and Corrupt Amily? Different scenes
  • Pure or Corrupt Jojo? Different scenes.
  • Bimbo or regular Sophie? Alright you get the point.
You'll notice how I didn't need to bring up dedicking at all. It's like 1 (technically 2) NPC's. Doesn't matter.

Then we look over at CoC2. Actually let me put that on game;
  • Mathia/Wynne anal and vaginal scene? Nearly the same(and for the record their wake up scenes are also nearly identical. But B was burning out. So whatever)
  • Alante? First time vaginal and repeat fingering? Nearly the same
  • Corrupt and purified Queen Hornet? Nearly the same.
  • Pure and Corrupt Nihara? Nearly the same.
Most of this is reaching. Due to the fact there's rarely any dramatic shifts in characters without full TFing Brint into Brienne, there's very little to choose from. I'm being nice not including high/low Libido/Confidence Etheryn in this. I don't even think the small differences due to parser use are bad (such as Etheryn's increasing willingness which intersects with her buttslutt perk). I'm just stating that the differences were even wider previously.

CoC2 missed a lot of what CoC1 did in regards to world, characters, and interactivity.
In CoC1 you (generally) chose between Content A or Content B. With a little bit of Content C depending on your choices.
In CoC2 you choose between Content and no Content.

The writers have shown their proficiency in being able to write adequately for others creations. To an extent. While I harp on Tobs a lot, only Tobs has the prose necessary to make the kitsune work.
The scenes for (some) expansions aren't small. Have you seen the submissions lately? They're massive. That new Orc is just a nest of content.

Clearly they're not adverse to making content. They've just so far been adverse to providing choice and content more deep than the amount of thottery Cait engages in. On screen.

Last edited:

Alterism

Feb 17, 2019
Or he was thinking about Xianxia mod, where most scenes do actually last for 3~4 sentences. That mod has no quality control whatsoever.
That wild west nature is like the biggest double edged sword, I swear.
There's like multiple complex TF's that have three sentence worth of content dealing with exclusive content. Like that mind flayer cthulu thing mindwashing people in encounters.

But then you've got the characters in the drider village, that one werewolf maid (8/10 on the maidometer by the way), and the chuuni vampiress. They're all great. I like returning to Xianxia every few years and seeing if one or more gems got added to the mix. And for better or worse, they've certainly added onto the TFing aspect. Turning into this crazy horn dog tentacle demon and having a little (big) sprite that reflects my poor life decisions makes it impossible to return back to vanilla CoC.

zwere

Mar 27, 2020
I wonder when they'll put some more gay content into this game...
Gay content is always gonna be the neglected in this game. Neither the writers nor the larger fanbase seem to be all that interested in masculine male on male sex. Probably your best bet in the near future is the twink minotaur prince. Except only God knows how long it'll take before they progress the story enough for that content to be available.

Warphorror

Jan 2, 2018
I don't understand why people point to word counts as a universal kind of quality and seem to forget the saying "If I had more time I would have written a shorter letter." The number of time I read a scene, especially story one, and the same information is repeated so many time, ruining the flow of their writing.

2.80 star(s) 106 Votes