zktrent1608

Jun 3, 2021
Depends on what point you're at - If you've finished 0.3 I think he's already pretty nice to her.
i haven't touched 0.3 yet
when i said this i pointed at the fact he is much colder to her than the other ( the girl who has a psychotic mother ) so if he will as much nice as he is with her ( sorry if this is not clear ) if he will treat them almost equally

Cosy Creator

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2022
i haven't touched 0.3 yet
when i said this i pointed at the fact he is much colder to her than the other ( the girl who has a psychotic mother ) so if he will as much nice as he is with her ( sorry if this is not clear ) if he will treat them almost equally
I think I would say they will be equal but different. The MC's relationship with Victoria will always involve more teasing and maledom master/slave stuff for example, but that doesn't mean he cares about her any less.

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
My biggest complaint is that there just wasn't more of it. All things considered, it's a good problem to have. :cool:

On a more serious note, I did just do a re-play of Crimson High earlier this week, and I've subsequently been seeing everything through that lens of comparison. While I still really like this game's writing style, the dialogue, and the inclusion of all the 'fluff' descriptors; it did highlight just how comparatively static the faces here are. Now Crimson High is built in Koihatsu Party and leans heavily into the anime ascetic, and the big cartoony eyes and exaggerated features does make it comparatively easier to convey a lot of different emotions through facial expressions.

Now there were two instances that really stood out to me this update, where the visuals just weren't living up to the same high standard as the writing. Again, the writing is pretty fantastic and does the heavy lifting of getting the important points across, but in doing so it does put a spotlight on some of the visual's shortcomings. Following two examples are spoilers for the latest update...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So again, absolutely not a deal breaker by any means. Just that this particular aspect of the visual storytelling is a bit weak, and has a lot of room for improvement. As I mentioned earlier, if you want an excellent example of visual storytelling through non-verbal character expression, check out Crimson High. The exaggerated anime visuals really help with expressing a wide range of emotions and reactions for the entire cast, to the point that you can easily pickup on how characters who are in a conversation but not talking feel about where and how the conversation is going just by paying attention to their reactions to said conversation. It is a great example of how to smartly take that aspect of visual storytelling to the next level.

Still, thanks for the update! The dynamic with Victoria remains flirty, fun, and occasionally laugh out loud funny. Loved getting to see Lucy show some backbone, and her 'walk of shame' scene was a fucking brilliant piece of both erotica and character development. I like getting more background on Akatsuki, and seeing her learn ever further into her nekomimi persona. Sarah remains an enigma, and I'm curious to see what lies behind her otherwise archetypical tsundere persona.

Like I said earlier, I am on board and I can't wait for more, and those are good problems to have.

Also, kudos on including a working scene gallery! Two minor bugs through. When accessing the gallery and you click on a character name, the text for the entire list shrinks. Weird, and I don't imagine that's an intended behavior. When you do watch a replay, the MC's name is displayed as 'None'. So probably need to do something so that the MC's name variable is saved independent of the most recent one used in gameplay. Or maybe just have a field in the gallery where you can enter in a name that can be saved/updated for the gallery independently.

Last edited:

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
My biggest complaint is that there just wasn't more of it. All things considered, it's a good problem to have. :cool:

On a more serious note, I did just do a re-play of Crimson High earlier this week, and I've subsequently been seeing everything through that lens of comparison. While I still really like this game's writing style, the dialogue, and the inclusion of all the 'fluff' descriptors; it did highlight just how comparatively static the faces here are. Now Crimson High is built in Koihatsu Party and leans heavily into the anime ascetic, and the big cartoony eyes and exaggerated features does make it comparatively easier to convey a lot of different emotions through facial expressions.

Now there were two instances that really stood out to me this update, where the visuals just weren't living up to the same high standard as the writing. Again, the writing is pretty fantastic and does the heavy lifting of getting the important points across, but in doing so it does put a spotlight on some of the visual's shortcomings. Following two examples are spoilers for the latest update...

So again, absolutely not a deal breaker by any means. Just that this particular aspect of the visual storytelling is a bit weak, and has a lot of room for improvement. As I mentioned earlier, if you want an excellent example of visual storytelling through non-verbal character expression, check out Crimson High. The exaggerated anime visuals really help with expressing a wide range of emotions and reactions for the entire cast, to the point that you can easily pickup on how characters who are in a conversation but not talking feel about where and how the conversation is going just by paying attention to their reactions to said conversation. It is a great example of how to smartly take that aspect of visual storytelling to the next level.

Still, thanks for the update! The dynamic with Victoria remains flirty, fun, and occasionally laugh out loud funny. Loved getting to see Lucy show some backbone, and her 'walk of shame' scene was a fucking brilliant piece of both erotica and character development. I like getting more background on Akatsuki, and seeing her learn ever further into her nekomimi persona. Sarah remains an enigma, and I'm curious to see what lies behind her otherwise archetypical tsundere persona.

Like I said earlier, I am on board and I can't wait for more, and those are good problems to have.

Also, kudos on including a working scene gallery! Two minor bugs through. When accessing the gallery and you click on a character name, the text for the entire list shrinks. Weird, and I don't imagine that's an intended behavior. When you do watch a replay, the MC's name is displayed as 'None'. So probably need to do something so that the MC's name variable is saved independent of the most recent one used in gameplay. Or maybe just have a field in the gallery where you can enter in a name that can be saved/updated for the gallery independently.
Oddly I read both situations as they're described dude's got a douchey smirk and she looks sad. Maybe not quite on the verge of tears, but definitely sad.

Cosy Creator

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2022

I agree with you regarding the facial expressions, my issues are not for a lack of trying, I actually spend a good amount of time playing with them trying to get the most out of the limited tools available. Perhaps I'm missing some HS2 mods, I'll have to look into it further, but as it is I only have a very narrow range of facial expressions at my disposal.

As for the replay gallery, the resizing text was intended - having the text in its regular smaller size on the first screen before you choose a girl looked a bit off so I made it larger, but I may do more with this in the future. I do have plans for further sub-galleries to include lewd but not full on animated sex scenes (spanking etc), and one for pictures/selfies taken of the girls. But it's just a question of time for implementing this. I'm trying to make quality improvements alongside new content with each update, and the focus for 0.4 is going to be on audio, so looking at the gallery again may be something I do in 0.5, along with the rework of the initial sandbox phase.

I'd be interested if you could tell me a bit more about your issue with the name in replays - the way it should work is it takes your name from your last playthrough, and I didn't encounter any bugs in testing. Actually, thinking about it now, perhaps it's not working with people using saves from older versions of the game? If that's the case, I imagine if you start over and input your name again (no need to go beyond the name input bit) it will pick it up in replays from then on.

Thanks for the feedback!

Nezron

Apr 13, 2023
update 0.3 excellent. if this KN keeps going this well it will be one of the best. I really like the changes that Cosy Creator has done to the Novel, eliminating the sandbox elements is very good. I don't mind that this is KN, I am just along for the ride and I love it.

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
Perhaps I'm missing some HS2 mods, I'll have to look into it further, but as it is I only have a very narrow range of facial expressions at my disposal.
It might be worthwhile for you to reach out to Atemsiel of Stormside. He's an HS2 dev who is regularly praised for the expressions in Stormside, so he can probably point you to some good resources. He's also very helpful in my experience (and just generally a cool guy). Your games have some similar themes, too.

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
I agree with you regarding the facial expressions, my issues are not for a lack of trying, I actually spend a good amount of time playing with them trying to get the most out of the limited tools available. Perhaps I'm missing some HS2 mods, I'll have to look into it further, but as it is I only have a very narrow range of facial expressions at my disposal.
I understand. It also makes sense why I've heard other creators are sticking with HS1, because the community mod support for HS2 just isn't at the same level yet. Kinda like when the Special Edition of Skyrim came out on PC, and your options were slightly better shadows and a less memory constrained 64-bit executable, or literally years worth of mods, unofficial updates, and fixes. :cool:

As for the replay gallery, the resizing text was intended - having the text in its regular smaller size on the first screen before you choose a girl looked a bit off so I made it larger, but I may do more with this in the future. I do have plans for further sub-galleries to include lewd but not full on animated sex scenes (spanking etc), and one for pictures/selfies taken of the girls. But it's just a question of time for implementing this. I'm trying to make quality improvements alongside new content with each update, and the focus for 0.4 is going to be on audio, so looking at the gallery again may be something I do in 0.5, along with the rework of the initial sandbox phase.
I personally think the size jump is more off-putting, and makes it feel like it is unintended. Because after it has been resized with the first click, it all otherwise operates identically after that. Entering the menu initially with the larger font and clicking on Lucy takes you to Lucy's gallery, and clicking other names gets you to other galleries. Now if you click on Victoria first, then Lucy, you still get to her gallery. Any name will take you to that character's gallery, but the size only changes after the initial click. So the function is the same, but the form has changed for seemingly no reason; making it feel like the initial shrinking was a bug and not a feature.

Not to say that you can't have a dynamic menu. It would make more sense if it went from a large list of names, to then a sub-menu that now only had the name of the gallery being shown, and used a 'Back' button or something to return back to the prior name selection. That would functionally make more sense, and be more in line with the expected behavior of a nested hierarchy menu setup. :unsure:

I'd be interested if you could tell me a bit more about your issue with the name in replays - the way it should work is it takes your name from your last playthrough, and I didn't encounter any bugs in testing. Actually, thinking about it now, perhaps it's not working with people using saves from older versions of the game? If that's the case, I imagine if you start over and input your name again (no need to go beyond the name input bit) it will pick it up in replays from then on.

Thanks for the feedback!
No problemo!

Fresh startup of the game, loading my 0.2 save with the default MC name, and then tried to access the Gallery. No joy, still displayed 'None'.

Exited out of the game. Re-launched it, started anew, and went a few frames past entering the MC's name. Went with the default, then opened up the gallery, and the name was being correctly displayed as 'Jack'.

Just to make sure it stuck, quit out and re-launched again and went straight to the gallery. Name was been displayed as 'Jack', so it seems to have worked. Looks like you called it. (y)

Reactions: Cosy Creator

Sakkara2

Jun 16, 2020
Just finished 0.3 and LOVING it!
The characters are varied and interesting each with their own background and personality.
And for those that think otherwise real people may well have kinks you wouldn't begin to guess. So characters "suddenly" finding out they're closet slaves, nekos, whatever isn't really all that surprising.

VERY curious to see where things go with the families.

hornydrifter

Feb 20, 2022
Aw man, I blazed through this way too fast. : / One of the few AVNs where I legitimately LIKE the characters. They all have such fun, unique personalities and I don't ever feel obligated to skip text or click through scenes.

VaerShyr

Sep 16, 2022
I love this game. I spent the majority of 0.3 smiling. I loved Lucy's attempt at dirty talk, and genuinely hope for more of it. Don't have any negative things to say about the update, just eagerly awaiting more. Thanks so much for your hard work.

giqui

Conversation Conqueror
Compressor
Nov 9, 2019
Cosy Cafe [v0.3] [Cosy Creator]

COMPRESSED

SIZE ~ 368 MB

PC/MAC: - - - ANONFILES /

Yukemoto

Jun 19, 2020
Rachel was just an off putting caricature as far as her intro, not sure why you were so heavy handed with the chud pandering, took me right out of this "Slice of Life". I'll probably come back to this, but I'll be skipping over her dialogue if that's the kind of ham-fisted intro you're going with for her.

• Angry
Reactions: hornydrifter

Burgh917

Dec 20, 2019
Love everything about this game and as soon as i find my wallet i'll be a supporter. For me personally this one has everything i want in a good game. Good character development, only choices that matter (fetishes mostly), good writing, cute girls (love the short stacks) decent animations ect. Honestly if i was smart enough this is the type of game i would like to make. Of course all of these things are subjective :unsure: but i highly recommend it. Hopefully the Dev can keep it up. :love:

4.70 star(s) 156 Votes