1000Spiders

Aug 17, 2022
I don't mind the insult (maybe it was even meant jokingly, maybe not), it's good to speak out against degeneracy, and I fully agree that people benefit from religion.

But there is no need to play dumb now. I said you should then be consistent and do the same when encountering incest lovers and gay people. Because otherwise you would be a hypocrite.

So, are you calling out gays and tell them about Sodom and Gomorra?

If not, it would then be consistent to stay silent about rape and mindbreak of fictional women as well.

With femdom its different of course - thats always fair game. :BootyTime:
Yes, it was a joke.
That gif is a meme.
Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go tell all the gays about Sodom and Gomorrah. They need Jesus too.
goodgrief.gif

Nezron

Apr 13, 2023
For anyone waiting for Cosy Cafe v0.6, maybe give Secret Island a try, It is not as fluffy as Cosy Cafe, but I found the art, MC and some of the writing to be similar to Cosy Cafe. well anyway it is something to play while waiting...

Apr 26, 2023
Yes, it was a joke.
That gif is a meme.
Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go tell all the gays about Sodom and Gomorrah. They need Jesus too.
View attachment 3065660

Again, apologies then. The 'lunatics' didn't sound very much like a joke.

Sodom and Gomorra sounds like childplay, compared to whole civilizations now celebrating for a month men taking each other up the arse and children getting castrated. If the story is true, we are not in a good spot.

Anyway, feel free to make the jokes there too. Of course thats not as politically correct, though.

1699325544849.png

Draugo

Jul 12, 2022
For anyone waiting for Cosy Cafe v0.6, maybe give Secret Island a try, It is not as fluffy as Cosy Cafe, but I found the art, MC and some of the writing to be similar to Cosy Cafe. well anyway it is something to play while waiting...
Can't find a game called Secret Island so don't know if that's not the whole name or if you meant something else.

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
Can't find a game called Secret Island so don't know if that's not the whole name or if you meant something else.
It's the only game on this site by that name, so I'm surprised you couldn't find it. Search "titles only" in the Games forum for that name, and it should be the first of four results.

That said, I don't actually agree with that poster; I don't find it very similar to Cosy Cafe at all. It's not bad by any means, but it's a Koikatsu game (instead of HS) in a magic/tech fantasy/modern hybrid setting, and the MC is very different in many ways from the Cosy Cafe MC. IMO, the only similarity between them is that they're both confident and self-possessed.

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
yeah i to think it isn't all that similar aside from both being a harem setting and the MC's share a trait or two

it isn't a bad recommendation but if you really want more similar i'd say "White russian" comes closed to this but then again that's more off a setting thing the mc and storyline differ a lot (at least it has a "cafe aspect" which secret island doesn't)

all in all i'd say there isn't a avn that really is like cosy cafe so Cosy Creator has his free share in that part ( for now)

BogoHobo

Dec 10, 2018
Probably not the best place to ask but I was looking for a game that was about a guy starting up a food truck and have kind of lost track of the name. Maybe it was abandoned. Anyone recall the name of that one?

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
Probably not the best place to ask but I was looking for a game that was about a guy starting up a food truck and have kind of lost track of the name. Maybe it was abandoned. Anyone recall the name of that one?
You're right about it not being the right place to ask... Perhaps searching "Food Truck" with "Search titles only" checked might yield some kind of results.

Reactions: HiHaHo
Apr 26, 2023
but it's a Koikatsu game (instead of HS)

the MC is very different in many ways from the Cosy Cafe MC. IMO, the only similarity between them is that they're both confident and self-possessed.

Since those are for me the most prominent character traits of the Cosy Cafe MC, in what way would you say the other MC is very different? Can't imagine it now lol

Its strange that the same company made my most favourite character editor (Honey Select) and my least favourite of all of them (Koikatsu). :LOL:

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
Since those are for me the most prominent character traits of the Cosy Cafe MC, in what way would you say the other MC is very different? Can't imagine it now lol
This may get a bit spoilery, but I'll do what I can to avoid them.

The things I see to be characteristic traits of the Cosy Cafe MC: he's a normal guy with no extra power or strength beyond a normal person, but he is strong-willed, dominant, stubborn, and has a passion for a particular desire/goal. He treats his women well but in a dominant fashion, and engages in discipline play regularly. He has true affection for his girls, and gets actively angry if they are threatened. He gets annoyed by people pushing at him, or forcing or manipulating him into doing things, and tends to act in a contrary fashion against those people, acting against them not because he agrees with their enemies, but because they tried to control him. He is cautious around the unpredictable or unfamiliar, and tries not to act until he has more information (which kinda screwed him a bit during the Hamilton party).

Of those, the only thing the Secret Island MC shares is that he's strong-willed. The Secret Island MC is not a normal guy: he is a sorcerer in a place where magic is rare and is also not human, having lived many times longer than humans or even elves do. He is stronger, more powerful, and more knowledgeable than almost any other individual he is likely to encounter in the game. He is calm and unflappable, and while he isn't particularly dominant and doesn't try to dominate anyone or play dominance or discipline games, he is non-submissive, and would never let anyone dominate him. If it came down to one or the other, he would dominate rather than be dominated, but it seems like he'd do that more out of necessity than out of any desire for dominance in general. He also doesn't really have a strong drive/goal beyond escaping the island. His feelings towards his girls don't really seem like true affection (they're instead described by someone who is probably the same species as the MC as being more like they're his pets who he's fond of, and not equals). He doesn't really get angry at anything; while he's working to protect the girls, even the ones not in a relationship with him, it's not out of anger, but out of prudence and protectiveness. He mostly passively resists manipulation, and even goes along with it if he agrees with its goals/purposes.

And, again I'll reiterate, it's a decent game. I've been enjoying it. It's just nothing like Cosy Cafe, and he's nothing like the Cosy Cafe MC beyond not being submissive.

Apr 26, 2023
This may get a bit spoilery, but I'll do what I can to avoid them.

The things I see to be characteristic traits of the Cosy Cafe MC: he's a normal guy with no extra power or strength beyond a normal person, but he is strong-willed, dominant, stubborn, and has a passion for a particular desire/goal. He treats his women well but in a dominant fashion, and engages in discipline play regularly. He has true affection for his girls, and gets actively angry if they are threatened. He gets annoyed by people pushing at him, or forcing or manipulating him into doing things, and tends to act in a contrary fashion against those people, acting against them not because he agrees with their enemies, but because they tried to control him. He is cautious around the unpredictable or unfamiliar, and tries not to act until he has more information (which kinda screwed him a bit during the Hamilton party).

Of those, the only thing the Secret Island MC shares is that he's strong-willed. The Secret Island MC is not a normal guy: he is a sorcerer in a place where magic is rare and is also not human, having lived many times longer than humans or even elves do. He is stronger, more powerful, and more knowledgeable than almost any other individual he is likely to encounter in the game. He is calm and unflappable, and while he isn't particularly dominant and doesn't try to dominate anyone or play dominance or discipline games, he is non-submissive, and would never let anyone dominate him. If it came down to one or the other, he would dominate rather than be dominated, but it seems like he'd do that more out of necessity than out of any desire for dominance in general. He also doesn't really have a strong drive/goal beyond escaping the island. His feelings towards his girls don't really seem like true affection (they're instead described by someone who is probably the same species as the MC as being more like they're his pets who he's fond of, and not equals). He doesn't really get angry at anything; while he's working to protect the girls, even the ones not in a relationship with him, it's not out of anger, but out of prudence and protectiveness. He mostly passively resists manipulation, and even goes along with it if he agrees with its goals/purposes.

And, again I'll reiterate, it's a decent game. I've been enjoying it. It's just nothing like Cosy Cafe, and he's nothing like the Cosy Cafe MC beyond not being submissive.

Wow, thanks!

That answered it perfectly. Also a nice summary of the Cosy Cafe MC imo.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Tiur

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
Maybe I'll take a quick look. Kinda interested how that behaviour you described plays out in-game.
I'll reiterate that this is more about his feelings toward them than about the actual interactions. Most of the sexual interactions so far have been quite vanilla, and the MC is patient, considerate of his lovers, and usually doesn't initiate (though the player does get to choose whether any of the relationships happen or not). He's initiated a couple times, because those girls wanted him, but were too shy to initiate themselves. The line you quoted/spoilered is more because he just can't really think of the girls as partners equal to him in terms of affection or trust, for multiple reasons. It's clearer in the game, of course, since I'm trying to be vague to avoid spoilers.

But anyway. Enough diversion. Cosy Cafe Great. Me Want More ASAP.

Apr 26, 2023
I'll reiterate that this is more about his feelings toward them than about the actual interactions. Most of the sexual interactions so far have been quite vanilla, and the MC is patient, considerate of his lovers, and usually doesn't initiate (though the player does get to choose whether any of the relationships happen or not). He's initiated a couple times, because those girls wanted him, but were too shy to initiate themselves. The line you quoted/spoilered is more because he just can't really think of the girls as partners equal to him in terms of affection or trust, for multiple reasons. It's clearer in the game, of course, since I'm trying to be vague to avoid spoilers.

But anyway. Enough diversion. Cosy Cafe Great. Me Want More ASAP.
Just wanted to start - good that I checked here again beforehand. Now this sounds much more like the usual AVN I despise.
Thanks for saving my time and nerves lol. Appreciate it!

Whats your favourite moment in Cosy Cafe?

Apr 26, 2023
Definitely finding out about Lucy's injuries and then getting her away from her mother. I'm a sucker for a good rescue.
I don't have one particular moment in memory, but basically everytime in a scene when you already cringe because you know how embarrassing the average AVN MC is going to behave now from all the games you played - and then the Cosy Cafe MC just does the most based thing imaginable. Its like a positive shock every single time for me.

Same with the girls. Its already ingrained in my mind how the modern LIs in games are going to react to something that occurs in the game - and then you have these genuine feminine reactions coming from Lucy or Vicky, which I almost already believed to be extinct. It honestly warms my heart.

Its what the word Cosy in the games name means for me.

Reactions: yummycandy
Apr 26, 2023
Definitely finding out about Lucy's injuries and then getting her away from her mother. I'm a sucker for a good rescue.
I also was positively surprised by the scene you mentioned, since usually I can't help but react like Iron Man when another father is revealed as the horrible person responsible for the poor girls misery -

1699376826287.png

- so having that changed up and replaced by a horrible mother saved my poor heart from the usual sinking feeling it gets put through lol.

Draugo

Jul 12, 2022
I don't have one particular moment in memory, but basically everytime in a scene when you already cringe because you know how embarrassing the average AVN MC is going to behave now from all the games you played - and then the Cosy Cafe MC just does the most based thing imaginable. Its like a positive shock every single time for me.
This is present in that scene too. Average AVN MC would try to bring the victim to a doctor or some other authority figure and then faff about for ages what to do about the situation while the victim is still in danger. Cosy Cafe MC sees someone in serious trouble, understands that the victim is not in a state of mind to make decisions about it and so he takes care of it by first comforting the victim, then making sure they are safe and finally dealing with the problem efficiently and calmly.

Reactions: chronox42
Apr 26, 2023
This is present in that scene too. Average AVN MC would try to bring the victim to a doctor or some other authority figure and then faff about for ages what to do about the situation while the victim is still in danger. Cosy Cafe MC sees someone in serious trouble, understands that the victim is not in a state of mind to make decisions about it and so he takes care of it by first comforting the victim, then making sure they are safe and finally dealing with the problem efficiently and calmly.
I'm honestly a bit jaded by now from all the whiteknighting in games and also from the victim playing of girls since the me-too epidemic - sadly it made me a bit colder towards genuine cases and sapped the joy out of saving the damsel in distress, but you are absolutely right, this scene from Lucy was done as nicely as possible and the allergy to shining armor was not set off. He just did what was right and necessary in that situation - without overdoing it in a cringe way. With the Sarah stalker situation I thought his anger was a bit excessive, though.

But I just love that he takes the lead in things - no matter if its deciding for a solution to Lucy's problem with her mother, or initiating sex.

4.70 star(s) 163 Votes