DandyMe

Mar 27, 2024
about the Dominance/Submission meter with the friendship/lust/romance ones, when its showing Dominance for example is that your dominance over them or their dominance over you? Its not very clear which is which
Control Bar works for both..
Dominance show how much control the NPC has over you
Submission show how much control you got over the NPC

How do you even trigger the first one in the lounge?
After 10 pm in the lounge.. go back and in it..
Could happens some friends will show up also to watch tv, but that happening also before of 10 pm

Solomon Grundy

Nov 25, 2021
Alright guys. I was trying to reinsert all of the code changes I made to the game's previous version to fit the new version but I kept running into issues so instead I made a mod patcher so that I can automatically patch and depatch the game with all my mods everytime a new update rolls around. I'm not sure if a tool like this already exists, but I'll upload the game files with the patch tool with all the mods I use.

You guys can make your own mods too if you want.

KittyPatcher.py
This allows you to apply any and all mods you have in your mods folder to the game in a double click.
1. Put the mods in the mods folder.
2. Double click KittyPatcher.py
After doing these two steps, the patcher works by automatically replacing code in the HTML to modify the game code.
You need the latest version of python installed for it to work.

Mods Folder
Store mods here so the patcher can patch your game.

Create Mods
1. Find the code you want to modify, for example:
{
passage: "EventQuadPartyGainCrush",
tags: ["quad party", "chat"],
frequency: 40,
crush: true,
},
2. Create a text document in any kind of software like Notepad
3. Enter the code you want to modify:
{
},
4. Then add a ~ symbol so the program knows where to separate the old code from the new code, then add the new code you want:
{
},~
{
frequency: 640,
},
This mod modifies the frequency of the gain crush event so that you're more likely to gain a crush at the Quad Party.
5. Save it as [Mod Name].mod. Must have a .mod extension.
6. Then put it inside your mod folder if it isn't already there.

Files Attached:
Course Of Temptation v0.5.4e.zip contains the Mod Patcher, all the mods, and the modded game.
contains the Mod Patcher and the Mods Folder.
KittyMods.zip just contains the mods.

Tips:
1. You have to make sure there is only 1 instance of the thing you're trying to replace. If you try to replace frequency: 40, with frequency: 640, thousands of instances of frequency: 40, will be changed and you'll have to delete the CourseOfTemptation.html file entirely.
2. If you're creating mods, it's best to do so in Notepad++.
3. You can also replace dialogue, but it's very tricky.
4. Try to avoid putting spaces before or after the ~ key separator.

You should also be able to modify any other Twine HTML game with this but you'd need to change the HTML name in KittyPatcher.py.
This is really great stuff, would you mind adding a quick description of what all your included mods actually do?

Oziy

Apr 5, 2022
Hello! Tell me, is it possible to edit NPC? Change clothes, piercings, tattoos? I found only SugarCube.State.variables.people but there are no such parameters.

DandyMe

Mar 27, 2024
Hello! Tell me, is it possible to edit NPC? Change clothes, piercings, tattoos? I found only SugarCube.State.variables.people but there are no such parameters.
Options tab/Allow NPC customization
You can choice their preferred style opening their description then customize NPC..
You can modify their inclinations..

You can remove piercings descriptions and/or tattoos unchecking the boxes..

If you wanna edit further a save better use a Twine Editor..

alamodefender

Jul 19, 2017
Question for others who edit the html. A lot of times when I do so, I end up causing an invalid token error and the game breaks entirely. After a couple tries I can usually get it to work, but I've yet to ever figure out the actual cause. Anyone know what I might be doing that causes that?

DandyMe

Mar 27, 2024
Question for others who edit the html. A lot of times when I do so, I end up causing an invalid token error and the game breaks entirely. After a couple tries I can usually get it to work, but I've yet to ever figure out the actual cause. Anyone know what I might be doing that causes that?
Probably you tried to alter some variables that caused that..
There's the option to activate Cheats (from Difficulty Options)..
The right question would be what you're trying to modify..

AccidentalGryffindor

Oct 8, 2020
Couldn't find it using the search function, so, concerning having your clothes stolen:
1) Do I permanently lose the clothes in question?
2) Does it have to be the first shower in the morning, or can I spam showers until I get the event, like with the roommate's girlfriend?
3) What times does the game consider morning? I assume it starts at 7 am, but how late can I shower and still get the event to proc?

DandyMe

Mar 27, 2024
Couldn't find it using the search function, so, concerning having your clothes stolen:
1) Do I permanently lose the clothes in question?
2) Does it have to be the first shower in the morning, or can I spam showers until I get the event, like with the roommate's girlfriend?
3) What times does the game consider morning? I assume it starts at 7 am, but how late can I shower and still get the event to proc?
That is just the different path to start relationship with BFF..
No, you won't loose all your clothes..
The Event can proc after 3 weeks (sometime is faster the Quad parties.. depending how much popularity you gaining during those..) is a RNG and will happens if you shower at 7am..

Samuel Hidayat

May 16, 2019
Guys, is it actually possible for the kind, submissive professor archetype to be single? I keep getting the married ones, yet the cold, dominant profs are often single in my playthroughs.

4.30 star(s) 103 Votes