Tedcrilly

Oct 8, 2024
You will get those details only in their page once you know their names..
Many using those to create their art..
You can choose turn on/off, no one is forcing you to get them all..
Those are mostly used for the "Crush" events that you can simply ignore..
I think the person you replied to means the new "distinguishing features", which I don't think relate to the crush/turnons system.

Jdsiis

Aug 4, 2021
The game is great and the dev is awesome, updating the game constantly!

Only problem is that I can't bring myself to re-play it as there's so much grinding involved (which isn't a bad thing).

Probably will jump back in and try it in another couple major updates.

DandyMe

Mar 27, 2024
I think the person you replied to means the new "distinguishing features", which I don't think relate to the crush/turnons system.
Yes, i just replied to all the message.. No one will force you to choose a determined NPC..
All their story lines offering possibilities..
You can shape your MC as you like and react as you wanna toward the others..

voerman

Apr 8, 2020
The problem isn't being forced to read something.
The worry is that everything takes time to do. Often we see devs concentrate on tiny, trivial things and the game suffers for it because it is done instead of meaningful content.
It isn't a case of "I don't care about the quarterback, I want the streamer content", when every fleshed out special npc helps enrich the game world, and they just have to be worked on in some order. It is a case of "Will me getting a detailed description of my chin mean I won't get streamer content at all, and the person who wants quarterback content won't get quarterback content?"

And as ray3dave said, the devs haven't given a reason to distrust them, but we have all seen enough other games start with good intentions, that then lost themselves. There are many cautionary tales. Think Newlife which gets updates that basically are "The landlord for the cheap apartment and the landlord for the expensive house can now be set as the same person" or Female Agent that just has the same content re-designed over and over.

Course of Temptation has a lot of potential, but it also runs a lot of risks to overwhelm the devs in complexity or to loose themselves in minute details.

froggiesicks

Mar 19, 2021
The game is great and the dev is awesome, updating the game constantly!

Only problem is that I can't bring myself to re-play it as there's so much grinding involved (which isn't a bad thing).

Probably will jump back in and try it in another couple major updates.
I totally agree! However, I'd definitely enable cheats if you're finding the game a bit too much of a grind. There's surprisingly a lot to play around with in a game so early in dev, I'd give it another shot with them enabled if you wanted to explore a little more

Reactions: OneWayMissile

DandyMe

Mar 27, 2024
The problem isn't being forced to read something.
The worry is that everything takes time to do. Often we see devs concentrate on tiny, trivial things and the game suffers for it because it is done instead of meaningful content.
It isn't a case of "I don't care about the quarterback, I want the streamer content", when every fleshed out special npc helps enrich the game world, and they just have to be worked on in some order. It is a case of "Will me getting a detailed description of my chin mean I won't get streamer content at all, and the person who wants quarterback content won't get quarterback content?"

And as ray3dave said, the devs haven't given a reason to distrust them, but we have all seen enough other games start with good intentions, that then lost themselves. There are many cautionary tales. Think Newlife which gets updates that basically are "The landlord for the cheap apartment and the landlord for the expensive house can now be set as the same person" or Female Agent that just has the same content re-designed over and over.

Course of Temptation has a lot of potential, but it also runs a lot of risks to overwhelm the devs in complexity or to loose themselves in minute details.
Anthaum enjoys writing & coding..
The Dev's Diary should be a proof of that.. When working on big updates (River Rat work right now) keeps adding "smaller" stuffs as the detailed descriptions, the Halloween Event, possibility to modify your MC during your run (just the last changes) and obviously bugfix..

Mar 28, 2018
Alright guys. I was trying to reinsert all of the code changes I made to the game's previous version to fit the new version but I kept running into issues so instead I made a mod patcher so that I can automatically patch and depatch the game with all my mods everytime a new update rolls around. I'm not sure if a tool like this already exists, but I'll upload the game files with the patch tool with all the mods I use.

You guys can make your own mods too if you want.

Main Modding Instructions
1. Download KittyPatcher.zip
2. Put KittyPatcher.exe and the mods folder from KittyPatcher.zip in the main folder of the game, where CourseofTemptation.html is
3. Put the mods you want in the mods folder
4. Double Click KittyPatcher.exe to add the mod(s) to the game
5. Done

For any further help modding or making mods, join the modding discord:

Alternatively, you can run KittyPatcher.py in the scripts folder but you'll need to download Python to run it:
Also, F95 registers KittyPatcher.zip as a Virus because I packaged it as a .exe file but it isn't a virus, but if you want to be safe just download KittyPatcherPy.zip. You'll have to install Python to run it though.

Files Attached:
contains the Mod Patcher and the Mods Folder.
contains the Mod Patcher and the Mods Folder. Python, "safe" version.
Course Of Temptation v0.5.4e.zip contains the Mod Patcher, all the mods, and the modded game. (Outdated)

Download the Mods from Here:
Google Drive Link:

Mods Included:
Add Faculty Contact Mod: Allows you to add Faculty as contacts in your phone so you can hang out with them whenever you want.
Faculty Delimiter Mods: Removes all Faculty restrictions.
Date Anybody Mod: Allows you to date anybody, including non peers. Further removes Faculty restrictions.
Booty Calls Anytime Mod: Allows you to get booty calls anytime you want. No longer restricts booty calls until after 6pm or the following day.
Dates/Hangouts Anytime Mods: Allows you to get dates anytime you want. No longer restricts date and hangout times until after 6pm or the following day.
Unlimited Dates/Hangouts: Allows you to have multiple dates a day.
Quick Sex Mod: Allows you to have Quick Sex anywhere with anyone that is present that you are normally able to have sex with. Can be buggy and show multiple Quick Sexes at times. One of my favorites.
Orgasm Limit Mod: Allows you to go another round.

Hangout At Your Dorm Mods: Allows hangouts to occur at your dorm instead of the other person's.
More Player Football Mod: Allows the Player to have more chances to shine in a football game. (Vanilla only allows player to make a move once every 10 games)
Party Events Mods: Allows for Party events more often.
Walk Events Mods: Allows for Campus walking events more often.

All other mods are personalized towards my specific playstyle and modify events to occur much more often than usual.
Add FBuddy/Exhibition Mod: Higher likelihood of getting a fbuddy and the fbuddy exhibition event.
Add Friend/Partner Mod: Higher likelihood of getting a friend and/or partner.
Phone Events Mod: Vastly increases the amount of texts, dates, and hangout requests you get.
Prof Events Mod: Increases likelyhood of Professor events.

Other Peoples' Mods:
NPC Visualization Mod by Maenoko/Mes: An image pack addon that allows you to have images for yourself and others in the game.

Spice of Life & Icon Pack Mod by YazawaHY: Introduces lunch bags, lunch boxes, and a diminishing returns mechanic for food satiety, encouraging players to pursue more diverse recipes.
or

Sarinee's Mods:
Easy Cheat NPC Inclinations

Get Plumpness Change

Edit NPC Orientation

Better Waiting

No Random Chat

Select Stream Channel

Mods Made by Other People Require Modloader:

KittyPatcher.exe/py
This allows you to apply any and all mods you have in your mods folder to the game in a double click.
1. Put the mods in the mods folder.
2. Double click KittyPatcher.py
After doing these two steps, the patcher works by automatically replacing code in the HTML to modify the game code.
You need the latest version of python installed for it to work.

Mods Folder
Store mods here so the patcher can patch your game.

Create Mods Simple
1. old code 1~new code 1~~old code 2~new code 2~~old code 3~new code 3
2. Name file [yourmodnamehere].mod
3. Put it in mods folder

Tips:
1. You have to make sure there is only 1 instance of the thing you're trying to replace. If you try to replace frequency: 40, with frequency: 640, thousands of instances of frequency: 40, will be changed and you'll have to delete the CourseOfTemptation.html file entirely.
2. If you're creating mods, it's best to do so in Notepad++.
3. You can also replace dialogue, but it's very tricky.
4. Try to avoid putting spaces before or after the ~ key separator.

You should also be able to modify any other Twine HTML game with this but you'd need to change the HTML name in KittyPatcher.py.

Last edited:

DandyMe

Mar 27, 2024
So when does the Halloween Event start in game? Has anyone got it to start? Does it start the last week of Gourdtober?
Yes. there will be the party in Chamberlain Hall (starts Friday at 6PM)..
You will notice people wearing costumes in the Monday evening, the day after you will receive the lore for the costume shop..
(Costumes can also be found randomly from start in the thrift store)

tsuntsunderedere

May 24, 2018
Is there a way to sort of create or edit a new or existing NPC? Just wanted to create my 'perfect' partner, but having to hunt down a good NPC with the correct personality traits before tacking on inclinations is a bit grindy and tiring.

I know I can cheat and edit their physical stuffs and add in inclinations, but I don't know how to edit their personality traits. For example, I can't add in "Likes Missionary", "Shy", "Artistic" and etc via the Edit Inclinations button. I also want to change their turn ons/offs as well if possible. I can't see anything within the sugarcube variables to change that either, nor is there anything obvious when viewing the save file via a save editor. There's a "knownturnons" portion, but it's all 1s and 2s, I have no idea what that means.

On a side note, if the dev is reading this, would it be possible to sort the people tab? Maybe just put favourites on top of the list, and then specials, and then everyone else or something. The new star icons makes it much easier to look for them, but having to go through multiple pages in a busy River Rat can get slightly tiring.

[EDIT]: In the People tab I know I can change between Favs, Friends, etc, and I guess I can see if any of my Fav/Special people are nearby that way, but I was more thinking about sorting the "People Here/Nearby" tab specifically.

Last edited:

kusunokami

Apr 8, 2018
Alright guys. I was trying to reinsert all of the code changes I made to the game's previous version to fit the new version but I kept running into issues so instead I made a mod patcher so that I can automatically patch and depatch the game with all my mods everytime a new update rolls around. I'm not sure if a tool like this already exists, but I'll upload the game files with the patch tool with all the mods I use.

You guys can make your own mods too if you want.
Holy Forkeroni thanks so much for this! Although could you maybe explain a little what the mods does? And maybe how to edit it?

DandyMe

Mar 27, 2024
Is there a way to sort of create or edit a new or existing NPC? Just wanted to create my 'perfect' partner, but having to hunt down a good NPC with the correct personality traits before tacking on inclinations is a bit grindy and tiring.

I know I can cheat and edit their physical stuffs and add in inclinations, but I don't know how to edit their personality traits. For example, I can't add in "Likes Missionary", "Shy", "Artistic" and etc via the Edit Inclinations button. I also want to change their turn ons/offs as well if possible. I can't see anything within the sugarcube variables to change that either, nor is there anything obvious when viewing the save file via a save editor. There's a "knownturnons" portion, but it's all 1s and 2s, I have no idea what that means.

On a side note, if the dev is reading this, would it be possible to sort the people tab? Maybe just put favourites on top of the list, and then specials, and then everyone else or something. The new star icons makes it much easier to look for them, but having to go through multiple pages in a busy River Rat can get slightly tiring.
Options tab / Allow NPC Customization
Preferred positions seems to change randomly when you change traits, or i just still have to understand if there's a link to some..

The option "Edit inclinations" will appear right under their traits in View Person (click on their name)

Last edited:

tsuntsunderedere

May 24, 2018
Options tab / Allow NPC Customization
Preferred positions seems to change randomly when you change traits, or I just still have to understand if there's a link to some..
I've got the both the "Allow NPC Customisation" and Cheats turned on, but there's just some traits I can't seem to add or remove even via the "Edit Inclinations" tab. For example, I've got this guy with a "Sporty" trait, and unless I'm missing or overlooking something, I can't remove that specific trait, nor can I add it in to anyone else.

I might need to experiment with preferred positions then if what you say is true, but yeah I just feel it'd be better if I could just edit what positions the NPC likes directly.

DandyMe

Mar 27, 2024
I've got the both the "Allow NPC Customisation" and Cheats turned on, but there's just some traits I can't seem to add or remove even via the "Edit Inclinations" tab. For example, I've got this guy with a "Sporty" trait, and unless I'm missing or overlooking something, I can't remove that specific trait, nor can I add it in to anyone else.

I might need to experiment with preferred positions then if what you say is true, but yeah I just feel it'd be better if I could just edit what positions the NPC likes directly.
For those you need to edit a save..
Them are specific traits of the NPC, not Inclinations..

Them are related to their reactions while you attempt to talk with them from People here tab.. so if you got already good enough friendship not useful change those..

Sporty preferred topic Workout
Green Thumb preferred topic Gardening
Cook preferred topic Cooking
Nerd Preferred topic Nerd stuffs
Artistic preferred topic Arts
Photographer preferred topic Photography
Wordsmith preferred topic Writing
Dancer preferred topic Dancing
Gamer preferred topic Videogames

Some could have more of those at the same time, others won't have any of them..

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2018
Holy Forkeroni thanks so much for this! Although could you maybe explain a little what the mods does? And maybe how to edit it?
My bad, I'll update my original message.

KittyPatcher.py
This allows you to apply any and all mods you have in your mods folder to the game in a double click.
After doing these two steps, the patcher works by automatically replacing code in the HTML to modify the game code.

Mods Folder

Create Mods
1. Find the code you want to modify, for example:
{
passage: "EventQuadPartyGainCrush",
tags: ["quad party", "chat"],
frequency: 40,
crush: true,
},
2. Create a text document in any kind of software like Notepad
3. Enter the code you want to modify:
{
},
4. Then add a ~ symbol so the program knows where to separate the old code from the new code, then add the new code you want:
{
},~
{
frequency: 640,
},
This mod modifies the frequency of the gain crush event so that you're more likely to gain a crush at the Quad Party.
5. Save it as [Mod Name].mod. Must have a .mod extension.
6. Then put it inside your mod folder if it isn't already there.

Tips:
1. You have to make sure there is only 1 instance of the thing you're trying to replace. If you try to replace frequency: 40, with frequency: 640, thousands of instances of frequency: 40, will be changed and you'll have to delete the CourseOfTemptation.html file entirely.

You should also be able to modify any other Twine HTML game with this but you'd need to change the HTML name in KittyPatcher.py.

Buletti

Nov 7, 2023

KittyPatcher.py

Mods Folder

Create Mods
{
},
{
},
4. Then add a ~ symbol so the program knows where to separate the old code from the new code, then add the new code you want:
{
},~
{
},
This mod modifies the frequency of the gain crush event so that you're more likely to gain a crush at the Quad Party.

Tips:

You are a goddam hacker!!!

Thank you very much btw :D

Reactions: LubricatedKitty

kusunokami

Apr 8, 2018

KittyPatcher.py

Mods Folder

Create Mods
{
},
{
},
{
},~
{
},

Tips:

Thanks a lot for the explanation! This will be fun to edit and add!

Reactions: LubricatedKitty

dongus01

Nov 3, 2017
about the Dominance/Submission meter with the friendship/lust/romance ones, when its showing Dominance for example is that your dominance over them or their dominance over you? Its not very clear which is which

OneWayMissile

Jul 24, 2018
Anybody knows how to trigger the second stance of the Porn Addict event when you catch him during studying?

I see on the code that you should be able to choose whether or not you liked what you saw based off whether your disinhibition is high enough or not. I've managed to catch them jerking off in the Resident Lounge watching porn, but I don't have the option to do anything else.

To add further information to this, it seems as though there are two studying events for the Porn Addict that can happen. The first one is called Tutorial in the code, which is when Paxton sends you a message and asks if you would like to do homework with him in the Library. There's a second instance of this event that is called "EventStudyCatchPornAddictWatch" in the code, but I have not been able to trigger this at all, this is the one where you can actually decide to respond to them by saying Yes (If you have Disinhibition level 3 or higher) or No if your Disinhibition isn't high enough.

It technically has a higher chance of happening than the other two events the Porn Addict has in the Resident Lounge but I have not triggered it even once yet

The scene doesn't really change much to be honest, according to the code, it's just some flavor text added to it and you can still trigger the Resident Lounge events during specific times.. but it still would be cool to get it
How do you even trigger the first one in the lounge?

4.30 star(s) 103 Votes