crackad

Jul 4, 2020
CH7 After completing Sulphur side and trying to go through to Obsidian side these tunnels are sending me round and round with the infinite random encounters bleeding me dry. Any help on a route through?
lakeshore_cavern map.png
This map shows all the connections between tunnels and your final destination is the place marked "BL". Good Luck

Reactions: lahooz

EddyGordo

Oct 16, 2017
He closed down his patreon after ck4 for personal reasons. Now he does CK as a hobby and it is free to play
Yeah, he's pretty damn cool with his game
I just wished the later chapters would've been more like chapter 1 to 3
I don't personally like the direction the game is going
I like games to be hard, but I don't really like the fact that the strategy is so limited
I really had a blast advancing and discovering the 1st chapters, and that fun kinda went away sadly for the later ones
Kinda sad since the art / scenes are really fun, and I like the story, but the gameplay just became walkthrough oriented like
F1forhalp & BloomYourDreams said, and for sure many others
But hey, just wanted to rant a bit, still wishing everyone the best, and as long as he enjoys making his game and others enjoy playing it, it's fine by me ;)

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Warning: there are save issues with this game

if you download the EXE version (which is just swf package with adope flash player projector v11) then save and load to file function is broken. But the export function works. so you need to export, copy the text the export generates, paste it into a text file for later. which you then load by copying it from the save file and pasting into the load/import page.

if you use SWF versions you need to use them with a player. such as the adobe flash player projector. However newer versions break the saves completely. Not only is save to file broken but so is the ability to display text for you to manually copy paste into a file. I have tested it with v32 (latest) and v22 (the oldest I have) and both are broken in the same way.

As such I highly recommend using the EXE version and not the SWF for this game. This unfortunately locks it to windows only.
And then you must be careful with saving. Before you get into the game at all I suggest you start out with ch2 (the first chapter to let you export a save anywhere) and test that you are able to save and load. ch1 only gives you the export text when you finish it, which is quite late to find out that it is erroring out and giving you a blank export

Last edited:

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Here should be dev's MEGA folder and it has separate flash player you can download (Linux/Mac/Windows). Could alleviate some problems if newer versions of Flash Player break smth.
Thanks for the link.
the independent flash player he has is just the latest verison, which is v32

however, the game files on the link you gave me are newer than the ones in this thread. (I just reported the update)
I just tested by downloading the latest chapter 2 swf from the link you gave me and it fixes the issue with my own existing player
Anyone else running into the issue where the game only registers movement (wasd) once until the character stops then it stops responding to any keyboard controls? (Mouse still works fine)

I've tried playing it on Newgrounds, tried it as a .swf and .exe.
I have not experienced that issue

Jan 5, 2019
I was avoiding this for quite some time because I didn't understand why all the chapters were separated, and geeze I still feel that its a shame now that I tried it out, just got done grinding out all the shop items in chapter 3 and its so weird that there are all these elemntal rock paper scissors, but the game world is ripped up into chunks, not to mention the gameplay/UI changes as it goes along. Think there was ever plans to mash them into a full game someday? (also hate miss-able content and missing things in chapters is extra weird -_- missing a bunch of covenants in chapter 3 somehow? Jelly/Badluck and the Badluck is a either or? :l I know the cat boss is one, and I'm gearing up for that fight but haven't done that yet either.)

Reactions: mrttao

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
I was avoiding this for quite some time because I didn't understand why all the chapters were separated, and geeze I still feel that its a shame now that I tried it out, just got done grinding out all the shop items in chapter 3 and its so weird that there are all these elemntal rock paper scissors, but the game world is ripped up into chunks, not to mention the gameplay/UI changes as it goes along. Think there was ever plans to mash them into a full game someday? (also hate miss-able content and missing things in chapters is extra weird -_- missing a bunch of covenants in chapter 3 somehow? Jelly/Badluck and the Badluck is a either or? :l I know the cat boss is one, and I'm gearing up for that fight but haven't done that yet either.)
missables drive me insane too. I hate it

Mar 1, 2020
(also hate miss-able content and missing things in chapters is extra weird -_- missing a bunch of covenants in chapter 3 somehow? Jelly/Badluck and the Badluck is a either or? :l I know the cat boss is one, and I'm gearing up for that fight but haven't done that yet either.)
I think dev moved away from missable covenants, although missable trinkets might still be a thing. In my playthrough I got retroactively added:
1. Illucidate skill/gem that was missable at start of Ch3 by notfucking red maid that followed you and finding gem in cave opened by her sneeze.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
2. Covenant for Badluck's Elf girl, although I gone for Cat instead of Ice ele/Dark Elf and purposefully failed at next shot at obtaining them at the end of Ch 5 iirc.
3. Mutagen item removed from my inventory and reimbruised with a chunck of moneys (also a word of advice, if/when you will be doing mashing-button-when-fucking-shopkeep , try mashing for a LONG time, it should give you A LOT more moneys for all future chapters XDD)

I think i read that work for all chapters to be merged into one gonna start once current story arc is finished. Judging by Ch 7 game might turn into a big linearish Press-spacebar-RPG to my horror :(

Jan 5, 2019
Hm wait so I beat the hellcat now, and found out I just had awful rng with slimes but I got that sorted out now. If you go through the front door you miss elf/other covenant? What's to stop you from beating hellcat and walking back to the cave? (Is there any benefit from walking in the front door? Why bother XD.

Mar 1, 2020
Hm wait so I beat the hellcat now, and found out I just had awful rng with slimes but I got that sorted out now. If you go through the front door you miss elf/other covenant? What's to stop you from beating hellcat and walking back to the cave? (Is there any benefit from walking in the front door? Why bother XD.
iirc you cant get Elf/Ice covenant after defeating hellcat. Also Hellcat passive prevents enemies from escaping when equipped (I saw a use for it later) and maybe there was one sex scene in Ch 5 where it was used/mentioned. That is all I remember on this.

nhattminhh

Aug 5, 2021
I find it unsettling that this "Bad luck" dude give his own girl for me to fuck. Is there any negative side effect if I accept them?

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
I find it unsettling that this "Bad luck" dude give his own girl for me to fuck. Is there any negative side effect if I accept them?
quiet the opposite as you gain new contracts and powers by doing so.
The guy is overly confident that you can't steal his girls anyway

Mar 1, 2020
I think MC had some concerns early in the story. Then dev decided to change game direction a bit and now these girls became unskippable as of Ch 7. I even got retroactively added a Dark Elf in my playthrough i think.

Kisama33

May 13, 2018
You are forced to get the first one and will be forced to get them all from chapter 7 onwards, when the compiled version comes out you will probably be forced to get one on chapter 3 (one Badluck girl and Nefris) and the missing one on 5 so you get them all before moving to the next arc (idea not confirmed yet) but if that have some negative effect then it will be related to the plot considering that the girls Soriel forms a covenant with become more stronger with the time Badluck may be using him to reinforce his forces (or not).

Count_Chocula

Jul 20, 2017
Eagerly awaiting progress for this game. Intro’s discord says he’s been learning unity since September. Does anyone have any other news?

4.60 star(s) 34 Votes