Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Yo, who's the asshole who tagged this game and somehow managed to leave out pretty much all of my favorite tags? Screw you, man. It took me way too long to find out this game exists.

(I'm joking, of course. At least, the hostility is a joke. Me being upset that I didn't know about this sooner is not a joke. I've reported the first post for some of the missing tags so the mods can fix this grievous error.)

LuminaJR

Aug 1, 2018
This game is Good But i got a Problem i have gotten Few Bad endings so the problem is The Pictures from the bad Endings are not Showing up in picture Gallery Why is That
it would be Good if the pics were Animated

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
This game is Good But i got a Problem i have gotten Few Bad endings so the problem is The Pictures from the bad Endings are not Showing up in picture Gallery Why is That
it would be Good if the pics were Animated
Since the game doesn't really "save" after a game over, what this game actually does is unlock all the pictures from the previous chapter once you complete that chapter. This includes endings you haven't even seen.

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
The sketches for the second quest are nearly done. I just need to complete the bad ending art for this quest as well as the promised additional art that will be added to Iris' ending. I got the idea that the lamias would have an Egyptian look to them. They would be traveling from far off to offer their supposed beauty supplies to the residents of Mor Town. Here is a preview of how their leader will look like while in her human form.

I honestly thought I would have a lot more free time this week, but I ended up being much busier than I thought I would! Thankfully, the sketches are nearly done and I have decided to finish all the art before working on the update. The update won't have any large areas to build, so it should be a quicker process. I also want to fix a few things that have been bugging me, like some warp tiles not being where I want them to be.

Regarding the new update time, I am targeting 8 PM EST Sunday nights moving forward. I think this is the best time slot for me to post updates consistently, so expect them to be up around this time. Also regarding Patreon, I've also decided to post these updates on Patreon as Patron only posts from now on. The reason for this being that I've occasionally posted updates with NSFW art and I didn't realize that was against terms of service. If the posts are only visible to Patrons its no issue, but public posts can get me in trouble, so just to be safe, that is what I will be doing. I will still post these updates on other sites, so the information will still be available to read without being a patron.

I still have 1 commission slot available for this update!

If you would like to add your OC as a hunter for the vampire path or add a vampire/monster girl as a singular encounter to the game. 1 slot still remains! If you want more commission info, check out my previous post here:

Message me if you have any questions!

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
I got quite a few things accomplished this week! As you may have seen from an earlier post on my Patreon, I was working on the art for the main antagonist of the lamia quest. She and her minions' art are done. Here is a quick teaser of her alternate form...

(Her mystic jewelry allows her to assume a human form!)

I planned to focus on the art before jumping into any game tweaks, but I did go and update Bianca's ending. It's a bit different, although the ending is the same. Also, if you defeat the librarian vampire before fighting Bianca, she will now run away in fear of you (just as she would if you defeat her, but choose to spare her), since the librarian no longer controls her mind. A small addition that I added to make Bianca's new ending make more sense.

I've also dipped my hand in some sprite editing. While I am still in talks with a sprite editor, if there is any work that I can accomplish on my own I'll choose to do that instead. I edited these Bee Girl sprites and I think they came out decently. I'm going to make an attempt to create the lamia sprites as well. It will be a challenge for sure.

Lastly, I've finished sketching out the two commissioned characters. Both of them will appear in the Vampire Route as additional bosses you can fight. Their designs are not finalized yet as I am still working with the clients on the details, but here are some sketches to give you an idea. They are Johannes and Alyena respectively.

What started as a slow week ended up becoming a productive one! I'll see you all in the next update!

fzdudesome

Mar 9, 2018
This looks interesting, but how prevalent is the vampire stuff? I want to see her become a slave, but I don't want her to be undead, just not aesthetically pleasing to me.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
This looks interesting, but how prevalent is the vampire stuff? I want to see her become a slave, but I don't want her to be undead, just not aesthetically pleasing to me.
I'd say 95-99%. Unless I'm mistaken, there's only one bad ending where she doesn't become a vampire or, in the "postgame" side-quests, whatever other monster girl she's encountered.

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
Drawings with multiple characters are always tough for me, but I got two challenging illustrations done this week. Both Iris' new ending art as well as one of the new commissioned character's ending art are done. Here are some teaser images:

I'm also nearly done with the two commissioned characters' art + expressions/variations. I just have two more planned pieces and all of the art is done for this update! Art will definitely be all done this upcoming week.

Last week I mentioned that I had finished working on the Lamia art, but I never showed what the lamia minions looked like! Well, I was experimenting with the skin variations for these enemies and I made a total of 4 different ones. In this update, you will fight 2 variations. I figure there will be areas where I could place these monsters in the future, like more powerful versions for example. I got a weird idea: How about vampire lamias...? Well, here is what they'll look like:

To reiterate, vampire lamias WILL NOT be in this update. I just thought I would share this neat idea I had. When will they be added in, you ask? Eventually.

I'm currently working on updating RPG Maker MV's character generator. The generator is pretty limited out of the box, but I've been looking through some forums and downloading packs that will make creating more unique looking sprites moving forward. I even found some beast parts including lamia tails! That will make my life way easier. Thank you so much. RPGMMV community!!

I honestly wish I knew about all the tools the community had available for free when I started this project... Each update my knowledge of the game improves, but it's frustrating looking back at the original areas of the game knowing that I could have made them even better if I knew then what I know now. That's progress I suppose! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

See you in the next update!

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
I got a weird idea: How about vampire lamias...?
I was wondering when you were gonna say "fuck it" and just make vampire versions of all these monster girls. You know, this could also be a good excuse to make more diverse content in the Vampire Route. Eventually, "all standard encounters are generic vampire hunters and your reward is getting to see them bitten" will get old, but fighting a bunch of different monster girls and turning them into your vampire monster girl slaves? (y)(y) You could even use a watered down version of that "pet" system to keep a menagerie of your conquests, possibly prompting some teasing/harassment from the other brides. ("I knew you'd find your place here. Managing the kennels suits you!")

Seriously though, regardless of which route they're in, practically every kind of monster girl can work with a vampire template attached to it, and many of them can get pretty creative while sticking to the game's "vampires, vampires, and more vampires" motif. Crimson Slimes that invade a victim's body and drain their blood, replacing it with their own blood-slime and either melting (converting) them or using them as puppets. Bloodvine Alraunes that pierce a victim's neck with their vines and drain them that way. Vampiric succubi that... Um... Okay, in a game that's all about sexy vampire women, a vampire succubus is kind of redundant, but still. Vampire harpies whose bird wings turn into bat wings? Vampire mermaids? You're sitting on a goldmine, Trebek!

Last edited:
Reactions: mkrudesign

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
All art is now complete and it's full steam ahead towards writing the two quests! Here is a cropped preview of one of the new illustrations. I like how the lighting came out in this one. I may end up using it as a profile pic or something! XD

Iris' scene has been updated. It wasn't tweaked as much as Bianca's because I didn't think the scene needed to be changed as much. Some lines in the scene were fixed to flow better and I have updated the dialogue boxes' transparency to what they should be. Check that off the list!
The two commissioned hunter fights that will be in the hunter route are also complete! Both of these fights can be encountered in the Rotten Grove and are accessible after you have defeated the Vampire Hunter Leader in the Cliffside Library. Speaking with them will not automatically trigger a fight. Instead, you will be given the option to challenge them or flee. This is your cue to save beforehand (as you always should if you are playing safe!)
These fights have multiple phases and will be more challenging than the average boss. Their stats will be adjusted over the course of the game's development, but for now, you will want to be AT LEAST HR 6 with decent equipment to defeat them. Just like other hunters you can find, these enemies can be either turned or drained after you defeat them. Regardless of your choice, you will unlock a new pic in the Picture Gallery as well as a unique item as a reward!

Although I have not written any dialogue yet, I have started creating maps for the new contract quests. Here is an early look at the Althaeban Resort. Here you'll have to face off against a few venomous lamias. You will explore inside of the resort as well during this questline.

Lastly, I want to show you these mysterious Dark Chests. What treasures do these sinister chests contain? Well, I'll give you some more details next week.

Until next time!

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
Lamia quest is nearly done! I need to write out a few more scenes and I need to add a few bits of flavor text and balance the fights, but the majority is done! This quest was fun and different to work on.

I will say that writing for monster girls outside of vampires and succubi has been a bit challenging for me. I know plenty of people have affinity for certain kinds of monsters girls, but when I don't share that affinity, I feel that my writing for the lewd scenes suffers. For all these user ideas that involve other monster girls, I have everyone include themes of corruption in their submissions. That's the glue that holds all of these quests together I think, because outside of that, everyone is going to have a certain quirk about a monster girl that they like. If I'm not familiar or particularly interested in the subject matter, I may miss the aspect that people enjoy most about that particular monster girl. I apologize in advance, but know that I'll write the scenes to the best of my ability.

Moving on, work on the Bee Girl quest has progressed plenty. Compared to the more elaborate area of the lamia resort, these simple woods are a much easier task to work on. I recolored a tileset to give this area of Humilem Woods a unique flavor. There is honey to be found all over the place. You can collect a bit, but don't get greedy and take too much. There may be consequences...

I want to elaborate a bit more on those Dark Chests I mentioned last week. I plan to make these chests a part of a longer questline in the final release of the game. For now, four of these chests will be hidden in areas where vampires roam. Their locations are not final, but all four can be found in this upcoming update. What's inside of these ominous chests?

Vampiric Equipment!

All of these equipment pieces have an aura of malice to them. They have weak stats, but perhaps there is more to them than meets the eye? Mila certainly seems fond of them! However, equipping all of them in their current form may be a bad idea...

I intended to include this idea in the last update, but at the time I didn't know how to implement it. I drew the art and everything, but it didn't make the cut. Thankfully, now it's tested and works as it should!

2.4 is very nearly reaching the finish line! I'm sure a lot of us have a lot of free time on our hands and are staying indoors due to the recent COVID 19 outbreak in the States. Stay clean and stay safe everyone! The new update will be out pretty soon!

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
Crimson Veil 2.4's release is just around the corner! I've been putting a couple of finishing touches as well as having a few associates helping me test the build! It will be available to all of my Patrons in just a few days! I hope you are excited!

I will be working on updating the walkthrough as well, but it will come out after I have released Version 2.4, to account for any bugs found by the community.

An important note to my $5 and up Patrons: Due to limited space, I will be removing the art downloads and sketches from my google drive in preparation of uploading the new versions. If you want to download them, please do so before tomorrow (Monday 2/23/20), or just wait for the new folders to be uploaded!

I hope this new release will entertain any you that are currently stuck at home with nothing to do! XD

Stay safe, all!

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
Crimson Veil 2.4 is ready to go for all of my Patrons! I hope you all enjoy the newly added content! Be sure to check out the attached READ ME file for the changelog so that you can see everything that has been added or updated!

You can download the update now by becoming my Patron for just $2! Link can be found here:

Have Fun!

gtz-god

Jan 4, 2019
i got a question do we have to become a vampire to mind control other i dont feel like giving up my human side for power but i want to have sex is as many people i can but becoming a vampire not bad if no choose as long i dont kill without a point

3.80 star(s) 21 Votes