JaszMan

Aug 13, 2018
really good paranormal, supernatural game. I Only have a small issue with it. If The Heroine gets turned into a Vampire which looks great by the way, well it goes to a Game Over after a small scene. It is too bad because it would have been awesome to play a Vampire. The Vampire version of the Heroine looks fantastic so I think there is some wasted potential. It would be neat if the story would just twist and the Main Character either becomes a BLADE character. Vampire killing other Vampires or Vampire Hunter turned Vampire infiltrates Vampire hunting Guild plotline. That would be a nice twist. It is fun to be bad after all. Cheers.

• Haha
Reactions: 88Michele88

anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
really good paranormal, supernatural game. I Only have a small issue with it. If The Heroine gets turned into a Vampire which looks great by the way, well it goes to a Game Over after a small scene. It is too bad because it would have been awesome to play a Vampire. The Vampire version of the Heroine looks fantastic so I think there is some wasted potential. It would be neat if the story would just twist and the Main Character either becomes a BLADE character. Vampire killing other Vampires or Vampire Hunter turned Vampire infiltrates Vampire hunting Guild plotline. That would be a nice twist. It is fun to be bad after all. Cheers.
You can play as a vampire. After you finish the main quest line, go to the south area of the city and talk to the old man outside the curio shop. That starts a quest line that can lead to becoming a vampire. There's a link to a walk through in the OP.

Reactions: JaszMan

JaszMan

Aug 13, 2018
You can play as a vampire. After you finish the main quest line, go to the south area of the city and talk to the old man outside the curio shop. That starts a quest line that can lead to becoming a vampire. There's a link to a walk through in the OP.
If that is true that is great. The Vampire Art is awesome and to play as one is a cool concept. To play as a Corrupted Vampire Hunter hunting other vampires or betraying the Vampire hunters Guild and turning them is a cool idea. To just get an End Game screen is a bummer so I Will listen to you and check out the walkthrough because it is a fun game. It is Good to bad-ish

anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
If that is true that is great. The Vampire Art is awesome and to play as one is a cool concept. To play as a Corrupted Vampire Hunter hunting other vampires or betraying the Vampire hunters Guild and turning them is a cool idea. To just get an End Game screen is a bummer so I Will listen to you and check out the walkthrough because it is a fun game. It is Good to bad-ish
Assuming that you haven't deleted them, the save file in slot four that comes bundled with the current version starts you at the beginning of the vampire route. Personally I'd suggest playing through the game from the beginning and enjoy all the content, but if you really want to check it out you can start from there.

Reactions: JaszMan

JaszMan

Aug 13, 2018
I got quite a few things accomplished this week! As you may have seen from an earlier post on my Patreon, I was working on the art for the main antagonist of the lamia quest. She and her minions' art are done. Here is a quick teaser of her alternate form...

(Her mystic jewelry allows her to assume a human form!)

I planned to focus on the art before jumping into any game tweaks, but I did go and update Bianca's ending. It's a bit different, although the ending is the same. Also, if you defeat the librarian vampire before fighting Bianca, she will now run away in fear of you (just as she would if you defeat her, but choose to spare her), since the librarian no longer controls her mind. A small addition that I added to make Bianca's new ending make more sense.

I've also dipped my hand in some sprite editing. While I am still in talks with a sprite editor, if there is any work that I can accomplish on my own I'll choose to do that instead. I edited these Bee Girl sprites and I think they came out decently. I'm going to make an attempt to create the lamia sprites as well. It will be a challenge for sure.

Lastly, I've finished sketching out the two commissioned characters. Both of them will appear in the Vampire Route as additional bosses you can fight. Their designs are not finalized yet as I am still working with the clients on the details, but here are some sketches to give you an idea. They are Johannes and Alyena respectively.

What started as a slow week ended up becoming a productive one! I'll see you all in the next update!
super fun game, I really enjoyed the Vampire Route a little more than the Hunter Route. It is Good to be bad.

Metra

Jun 10, 2017
Greetings,

after I saw Castlevania, as recommended ;), I am going to give a statement to the game.

In the degree of its fetishes and sexual atmosphere some critics of me can be seen lesser serious on an individual perspective, everything from me here is to maximise my "fitish" in seen simulation (Game).

Art: For the small representage (Vampire theme fetish) and size of the project acceptable. Some perspectives and scenes could chosen more carefully. I prefer standardisation like 3d renders which doesn't variate as drawn art.

Ghouls: First ghoul behavior and clothing amount dosen't match the later vampire story part of turned ghoul behavior. the last vampire part ghouls question the state of ghouls earlier in game. I think as it is possible for an ant infected with a parasite walking on a straw to get eaten for reproduction of the parasite (e.g. V-virus) it should be possible to drop all clothes or nearly all clothes through the ghouls. Means in moment of the turing you could show such a behavior. Basically only for distraction or less likely seduction. Furtherly, if the reason for a ghoul by creation is lesser blood in the body a ghoul should normalise to vampire if it gets blood, "hunts" successful.

Ghouls/Nosferatu: This means for an nosferatu that they can't reproduce their build because they are too animal like and will always drain their pray. Even if it isn't the mind the mutations are based on blood that implements that they start like ghouls. Furtherly means this that nosferatu are different in virus type. I would it blame to the food source, too much animals in food mix.

Body changes by infection are mentioned related to desedancy, again based on distraction or less likely seduction, are nice but suggest that you adapt to your creator in all cases example Nosferatu. I would like to mess with a mechanic like, you are what you eat. Possible to much variables for drawing so just mentioning. What was in some degree expressed by series Van Helsing.

Infection: The unavoidable infection by eating makes the hunter profession logical but equally problematic that every vampire has to eat but creates more competition and reduces its food sources - conclusion vampires fights against vampires or kill their own created ghouls. So you implement another kind of pleasure to draw a reason because main Char didn't need to eat for 100 years. Equal effects could be, by not eating, a growth in mind animality and transformation to nosferatu - equally to humans just reversed, mind power gets reduced to supply body changes and "higher" hunting ability/access. Instant infection equally limite elements of blood selection related to wine which is represented in Vampires: The Masquerade.

Another problems are the effects of healing magics in the middle age in population explosion. As such could the hunting behavior of vampires are more likelier possible, sustained and believable or reduce chances for war amongst humans.

Will by creation: I find it problemtic to implement a binding to creators will by creation. Sure it creates a restraint for giving in to a transformation by equally see its advantages (undesided) but messes up other social interaction based on loyality or interests. Means, if you want to transform yourself you won't to do it alone and hunt one vampire or two maybe some food too, to get infected by one and let your followes kill your transformer to be free, out of the understanding that you can't control yourself they will cage you with food as long, then you repeat that. Maybe it is just enough to drinking the blood of an dead vampire, this isn't really a hurdle.

Too much: It is problematic that you can drink blood in the defined amount, means the complete wood parts without limitations maybe 13 individuals - this world will be dead in the morning. Equally you can't simulate normal behavir like periodes of resting, sleep or distraction sensible. in this way every PC don't play to read virtually a book, it just selective playing behavior with focused interest. I feel the encounters consumtion as a fastly inflationated festish which devalue it. If I play a game I want to expirance it through books/information and own interest in the game world, not through head smashing. In all games head smashing equals progress. In other words: I don't want to eat nuddles 365 days a year, even if nuddles are my be loved meal enough is enough. I just think the confrontation with fetishes is to often, in other words the habituation is to high or to fast.

More precise, if I see a lab with experimentation on human beings with food promising and a library lead by an vampire enclave, I want to aquire this library and lab to add them to mine, but I am just a "slave" in the game even as hunter. The same is written to the found gold. Even as hunter I would see this opportunity to better life and resources for my friends and so on - I will go for it with my group of interest. The actual game is to much focused on experiencing fetishes that it starts to go against its presented fetishes after my experiencing and understanding. The lab and its egg-laying wool milk sow is something too much for my taste and destroys much potential immersion. I would change the written end in its far leading, just the tip of the nail.

Resources, the special: If we speak of vampires, I think on beauty and power or elite higher of the sheep herd. Means all what the actual society defined in its consum reality and its higher classes with the higher access to rear goods/people side or an existential survival. Means people get transformed which are liked, functional or pleasing and the rest are created out of need. In terms of ghouls means this nearly all ghouls are food transformed and slayen, "natural" selection.

Map: The game world map is as always too strong repesentary made which I hardly dislike. I like it to let the player run its time. Every town has its food sources. I liked it that the town has multiple map squares actual. If I look on today's countryside are all open spaces farmland, So there wouldn't be crass field, maybe for renaturation to supply better crop yields. This map is fastly run so it won't hurt.

Religion: To religion elements like God and Satan, I just don't like it. I prefer hinduism and the statements of jesus to it, a world of spirit related to hinduism and its stories. Mind/spirit creates reality. The aspects of God and Satan are psychological elements of perspective to hedonism life or exclude individual perspective damaging elements are based on lack of responsibility and existing subjective weakness experiencing. Maybe such interpretations can be implemented without pretending to consume the primär space like common beliefs.

For me it's just a question for consistency and integrity when I want to go deeper into a game world. If it is missing I hesitate to go deeper and am forced to pic stuff I like and construct my own.

To get a round game experience you should look at this game, the questions it shows up are interesting:
https://f95zone.to/threads/xxxivilization-ch-2-1-hw21.9224/post-2798272

I lost track now, have a nice day!

Last edited:

JaszMan

Aug 13, 2018
Greetings,

after I saw Castlevania, as recommended ;), I am going to give a statement to the game.

In the degree of its fetishes and sexual atmosphere some critics of me can be seen lesser serious on an individual perspective, everything from me here is to maximise my "fitish" in seen simulation (Game).

Art: For the small representage (Vampire theme fetish) and size of the project acceptable. Some perspectives and scenes could chosen more carefully. I prefer standardisation like 3d renders which doesn't variate as drawn art.

Ghouls: First ghoul behavior and clothing amount dosen't match the later vampire story part of turned ghoul behavior. the last vampire part ghouls question the state of ghouls earlier in game. I think as it is possible for an ant infected with a parasite walking on a straw to get eaten for reproduction of the parasite (e.g. V-virus) it should be possible to drop all clothes or nearly all clothes through the ghouls. Means in moment of the turing you could show such a behavior. Basically only for distraction or less likely seduction. Furtherly, if the reason for a ghoul by creation is lesser blood in the body a ghoul should normalise to vampire if it gets blood, "hunts" successful.

Ghouls/Nosferatu: This means for an nosferatu that they can't reproduce their build because they are too animal like and will always drain their pray. Even if it isn't the mind the mutations are based on blood that implements that they start like ghouls. Furtherly means this that nosferatu are different in virus type. I would it blame to the food source, too much animals in food mix.

Body changes by infection are mentioned related to desedancy, again based on distraction or less likely seduction, are nice but suggest that you adapt to your creator in all cases example Nosferatu. I would like to mess with a mechanic like, you are what you eat. Possible to much variables for drawing so just mentioning. What was in some degree expressed by series Van Helsing.

Infection: The unavoidable infection by eating makes the hunter profession logical but equally problematic that every vampire has to eat but creates more competition and reduces its food sources - conclusion vampires fights against vampires or kill their own created ghouls. So you implement another kind of pleasure to draw a reason because main Char didn't need to eat for 100 years. Equal effects could be, by not eating, a growth in mind animality and transformation to nosferatu - equally to humans just reversed, mind power gets reduced to supply body changes and "higher" hunting ability/access. Instant infection equally limite elements of blood selection related to wine which is represented in Vampires: The Masquerade.

Another problems are the effects of healing magics in the middle age in population explosion. As such could the hunting behavior of vampires are more likelier possible, sustained and believable or reduce chances for war amongst humans.

Will by creation: I find it problemtic to implement a binding to creators will by creation. Sure it creates a restraint for giving in to a transformation by equally see its advantages (undesided) but messes up other social interaction based on loyality or interests. Means, if you want to transform yourself you won't to do it alone and hunt one vampire or two maybe some food too, to get infected by one and let your followes kill your transformer to be free, out of the understanding that you can't control yourself they will cage you with food as long, then you repeat that. Maybe it is just enough to drinking the blood of an dead vampire, this isn't really a hurdle.

Too much: It is problematic that you can drink blood in the defined amount, means the complete wood parts without limitations maybe 13 individuals - this world will be dead in the morning. Equally you can't simulate normal behavir like periodes of resting, sleep or distraction sensible. in this way every PC don't play to read virtually a book, it just selective playing behavior with focused interest. I feel the encounters consumtion as a fastly inflationated festish which devalue it. If I play a game I want to expirance it through books/information and own interest in the game world, not through head smashing. In all games head smashing equals progress. In other words: I don't want to eat nuddles 365 days a year, even if nuddles are my be loved meal enough is enough. I just think the confrontation with fetishes is to often, in other words the habituation is to high or to fast.

More precise, if I see a lab with experimentation on human beings with food promising and a library lead by an vampire enclave, I want to aquire this library and lab to add them to mine, but I am just a "slave" in the game even as hunter. The same is written to the found gold. Even as hunter I would see this opportunity to better life and resources for my friends and so on - I will go for it with my group of interest. The actual game is to much focused on experiencing fetishes that it starts to go against its presented fetishes after my experiencing and understanding. The lab and its egg-laying wool milk sow is something too much for my taste and destroys much potential immersion. I would change the written end in its far leading, just the tip of the nail.

Resources, the special: If we speak of vampires, I think on beauty and power or elite higher of the sheep herd. Means all what the actual society defined in its consum reality and its higher classes with the higher access to rear goods/people side or an existential survival. Means people get transformed which are liked, functional or pleasing and the rest are created out of need. In terms of ghouls means this nearly all ghouls are food transformed and slayen, "natural" selection.

Map: The game world map is as always too strong repesentary made which I hardly dislike. I like it to let the player run its time. Every town has its food sources. I liked it that the town has multiple map squares actual. If I look on today's countryside are all open spaces farmland, So there wouldn't be crass field, maybe for renaturation to supply better crop yields. This map is fastly run so it won't hurt.

Religion: To religion elements like God and Satan, I just don't like it. I prefer hinduism and the statements of jesus to it, a world of spirit related to hinduism and its stories. Mind/spirit creates reality. The aspects of God and Satan are psychological elements of perspective to hedonism life or exclude individual perspective damaging elements are based on lack of responsibility and existing subjective weakness experiencing. Maybe such interpretations can be implemented without pretending to consume the primär space like common beliefs.

For me it's just a question for consistency and integrity when I want to go deeper into a game world. If it is missing I hesitate to go deeper and am forced to pic stuff I like and construct my own.

To get a round game experience you should look at this game, the questions it shows up are interesting:
https://f95zone.to/threads/xxxivilization-ch-2-1-hw21.9224/post-2798272

I lost track now, have a nice day!
I find the game so much fun that I caught how well done even the Vampire Route was. It was just as much fun as the main Hunter plotline. I like where the main story is going, very mysterious. So if Mila does actually have a choice to get turned during the main plotline where the story seems to be heading, it would work too. Very good Art and Vampire Mila is well done so another reason it was fun to play as a Vampire. Cheers.

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
The ground work on Version 3.0 is being laid out and players will finally be able to take advantage of the dock and sail north toward a new area!

The main attraction here is the city of Fallholt at this island's center. My vision for this place is to make a large city with plenty of NPCs, shops with new equipment, more potential locations for quests, and in general a much more fleshed out town than Mor Town. Chapter 3's story will take place primarily in this area and I will share more info about it with you all soon.

I was working on this character yesterday for quite a few hours. You may remember her from a sketch I shared earlier in the year. I changed her design in many areas because I thought she looked too plain in the original sketch. I may go back and update her face a bit. I haven't settled on it yet. She is Captain of the Guard in Fallholt Castle.

Here is another feature that I am already testing that will be useful for grinding money more effectively! Check this out!

Southeast of Fallholt is a cavern filled with Slimegirls! Defeating them will earn you Slimegirl Jelly which you can sell to Jauffre for a bigger profit than normal Slime Jelly! Like normal Slimes, Slimegirls respawn after you have taken them down. However, Slimegirls are more powerful than regular Slimes, so you will have to defeat them to earn Jelly! The cavern in which all of these Slimes reproduce has different varieties of Slimegirls too! If you are lucky, you may even spot a Liquid Metal Slimegirl! They are particularly timid and will often flee from battle, but If you manage to defeat one, the Jelly can be sold for a HUGE profit! Just be careful not to get overwhelmed by the number of Slimegirls. You wouldn't want Mila to meet an unfortunate fate!

Amber is a character design that I felt needed improvement. I remember getting messaged early on that of all the characters, she looked the worst. Amber will play an important role in this next story chapter, so I felt it was the right time to go back and update her look! Here is a before and after!

Amber is a character who is supposed to be in her mid 30's, so I drew her to appear that way when compared to the other members of Noctorna, but that doesn't mean that she can't still be pretty! I fixed up her proportions, gussied her up, and changed her hairstyle. I think she looks much better now. This revamped look will be included in the 2.4.1 update that will be released publicly on April 7, 2020

Lastly, I want to take a moment to welcome all the new Patrons that have come in with the latest release of Crimson Veil. Earlier this year, my Patrons helped me tremendously by helping to push me to leave my old job and find a better one elsewhere . My intention was to begin looking for a new job around the middle of March, but due to the state of the world, those plans have been put on hold for now. Currently, working on Crimson Veil is sort of like my job. I am in a very fortunate position to have all of you willing to support me during this global crisis. My goal is to make this next update one to look forward to! Thanks so much for being here!

Metra

Jun 10, 2017
I think some open gameworld mechanics would be an improvement.

Day night cycle

Advantages:
- A day night cycle enhances hunting focus
- Creates a survival aspects
- Economy element to people as food

Problems:
- Balancing of time to pass by to exclude the feeling of to much force

Simple/Primitive redundant NPC day night cycle behavior

Advantages:
- Using mist form to enter houses for hunt

Problems:
- Vampire ability to walk at day in town (does it weakens VampPC and if so how much)
- The way infection, heal magic and holy water works (some ine of skyrim way of infection as sickness with three days). As such you can cure a victim or kill yourself with it in accident

Important NPC day night cycle behavior

Advantages:
- A way to improve NPC personality, intensify them and higher their believability.
- living world

Problems:
- Hight amount of work

Repetitive Quests (slime girls, slime or fungi)

Advantages:
- Stuff to do
- Farm opportunity for money
- fills the end game with "contend" (free PC decisions)

Problems:
- repetitive and boring
- one dimensional

Solution:
- Connecting it with changes in power struggle of fraction like vampires and hunters or guards. This possible can enhanced further.
- fungi could be used to enhance hunter arsenal e.g.

Other environmental creation perspective

Advantage:
- more space for fights
- like procentual generation
- ability to add sweet spots that hold the individual environmental quality
- higher player freedom
- environmental map places are accessible

Problems:
- possible repetivity
- long creation process in first iteration
- losing way

Solution:
- Trials in Tainted Space in its orientation process

If I think on this engine and style of player interaction I have to admit that I liked Mass Effect, Dragon Age and Age of Wonders.
Mass Effect and Dragon Age for character interaction and Dragon Age for player base or legacy creation. Age of Wonders as map platform.

I just think this is to big in size for you to realise and it would shift focus from story progress to environmental stuff which creates empty times with content because here get content created through freedom and there are all mechanics required to work to have content.

I just think it through how to realise what I would like to have in a game under this engine and possibilities. Maybe you can participate on this.

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
I think some open gameworld mechanics would be an improvement.

Day night cycle

Advantages:
- A day night cycle enhances hunting focus
- Creates a survival aspects
- Economy element to people as food

Problems:
- Balancing of time to pass by to exclude the feeling of to much force

Simple/Primitive redundant NPC day night cycle behavior

Advantages:
- Using mist form to enter houses for hunt

Problems:
- Vampire ability to walk at day in town (does it weakens VampPC and if so how much)
- The way infection, heal magic and holy water works (some ine of skyrim way of infection as sickness with three days). As such you can cure a victim or kill yourself with it in accident

Important NPC day night cycle behavior

Advantages:
- A way to improve NPC personality, intensify them and higher their believability.
- living world

Problems:
- Hight amount of work

Repetitive Quests (slime girls, slime or fungi)

Advantages:
- Stuff to do
- Farm opportunity for money
- fills the end game with "contend" (free PC decisions)

Problems:
- repetitive and boring
- one dimensional

Solution:
- Connecting it with changes in power struggle of fraction like vampires and hunters or guards. This possible can enhanced further.
- fungi could be used to enhance hunter arsenal e.g.

Other environmental creation perspective

Advantage:
- more space for fights
- like procentual generation
- ability to add sweet spots that hold the individual environmental quality
- higher player freedom
- environmental map places are accessible

Problems:
- possible repetivity
- long creation process in first iteration
- losing way

Solution:
- Trials in Tainted Space in its orientation process

If I think on this engine and style of player interaction I have to admit that I liked Mass Effect, Dragon Age and Age of Wonders.
Mass Effect and Dragon Age for character interaction and Dragon Age for player base or legacy creation. Age of Wonders as map platform.

I just think this is to big in size for you to realise and it would shift focus from story progress to environmental stuff which creates empty times with content because here get content created through freedom and there are all mechanics required to work to have content.

I just think it through how to realise what I would like to have in a game under this engine and possibilities. Maybe you can participate on this.
There are some good ideas in here. When I was working on the vampire route, I considered adding a day/night cycle, but it would be a tremendous amount of work to get running properly and decided it wasnt worth the effort.
Im still relatively new to RPG maker. When it comes to adding in new mechanics to the game, I try and add something new in each update as I learn the program more. We’ll see what else I can come up with to keep the game feeling fresh.

Reactions: idungoofd

JaszMan

Aug 13, 2018
There are some good ideas in here. When I was working on the vampire route, I considered adding a day/night cycle, but it would be a tremendous amount of work to get running properly and decided it wasnt worth the effort.
Im still relatively new to RPG maker. When it comes to adding in new mechanics to the game, I try and add something new in each update as I learn the program more. We’ll see what else I can come up with to keep the game feeling fresh.
fantastic job on the vampire route, great art. It was also fun to turn Hunters into vampires and ghouls. Plus just like the main storyline, the story ends on a cliffhanger. Leaves you wanting more. The Hallmark of a good story, Leave them wanting more. Cheers.

Reactions: mkrudesign

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
With the upcoming release of 2.4.1 on Tuesday, I went ahead and updated the walkthrough. It should be particularly useful if you still haven't found all those Dark Chests yet!

This week I was brainstorming ideas of buildings to fill out the new city of Fallholt. It will still have it's houses and shops of course, but Fallholt will also include a Casino!

The Casino will have a short side quest attached to it, but you can also play slots here to earn Casino Coins which you can either exchange for gold or some unique rewards!

The shops in Fallholt will include new equipment, items, and there will be another place to purchase Laurels to strengthen Mila! Earning gold will be more important than ever and it should be much easier to earn with not only this Casino, but also the Slimegirl Cavern that I mentioned last week!

Stay safe everyone!

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
The old link to the walkthrough no longer works. Please use this link to reach the walkthrough instead:

Reactions: CLDꝜ

JaszMan

Aug 13, 2018
With the upcoming release of 2.4.1 on Tuesday, I went ahead and updated the walkthrough. It should be particularly useful if you still haven't found all those Dark Chests yet!

This week I was brainstorming ideas of buildings to fill out the new city of Fallholt. It will still have it's houses and shops of course, but Fallholt will also include a Casino!

The Casino will have a short side quest attached to it, but you can also play slots here to earn Casino Coins which you can either exchange for gold or some unique rewards!

The shops in Fallholt will include new equipment, items, and there will be another place to purchase Laurels to strengthen Mila! Earning gold will be more important than ever and it should be much easier to earn with not only this Casino, but also the Slimegirl Cavern that I mentioned last week!

Stay safe everyone!
everything is looking great. I am sure the direction of the main story which was left on a cliffhanger will get people hooked once the new release is out. say this as a compliment, that the Vampire route was just as fun due to the art and gameplay, the svampire story was also left on a cliffhanger. Leave them wanting more eh!. Good Game.

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
Crimson Veil 2.4.1 is now available for all! Check out the download links on itch.io!

Please consider leaving a review if you enjoy the game! It only costs a moment of your time and it means a ton towards getting the word out there about my game! Thanks so much! Hope you all enjoy it!

Alexander Krisnov

The Dead Commisar
Uploader
Sep 14, 2016
Updated to 2.4.1 and added itch.io link .. also can anyone provide me the changelog if there is have fun

3.80 star(s) 21 Votes