texxy

Aug 19, 2017
You'll just have to keep playing and find out :)
Yeah, I just kind of got the itch. Her father somehow offs an vampire that's by all rights unstoppable, who was likely Ashe in the first place. Then the whole thing about how her mother died being hidden, Ashe recognizing the cross, knowing exactly what the orbs are... Too many lucky coincidences :D

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
The next update will be Round 6 of user submitted contracts as well as a contract that I have come up with.
Will it be possible to have a sample of past submissions to use as a benchmark this time around? I still don't know if my previous submission was anything remotely like what you're looking for with these (I can give an extremely detailed description of every aspect of my idea, but ask me to trim it down to "the important parts" and I have no clue what I should include or leave out), and currently the only way to actually see any of the ones you selected seems to be through the polls that are exclusive to Patrons. I could understand wanting to give Patrons an edge, but I doubt that's the reason for leaving the rest of us without any examples to use as references.

Speaking of stuff Patrons can see, I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but it seems most of the images you link here end up broken after a certain amount of time passes. The URL suggests they link directly to Patreon, so I'm not sure if they're still visible on the locked posts and just can't be linked to after those posts are pushed down far enough, or if the pictures on your older posts there are broken as well.

Reactions: mkrudesign

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
Will it be possible to have a sample of past submissions to use as a benchmark this time around? I still don't know if my previous submission was anything remotely like what you're looking for with these (I can give an extremely detailed description of every aspect of my idea, but ask me to trim it down to "the important parts" and I have no clue what I should include or leave out), and currently the only way to actually see any of the ones you selected seems to be through the polls that are exclusive to Patrons. I could understand wanting to give Patrons an edge, but I doubt that's the reason for leaving the rest of us without any examples to use as references.

Speaking of stuff Patrons can see, I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but it seems most of the images you link here end up broken after a certain amount of time passes. The URL suggests they link directly to Patreon, so I'm not sure if they're still visible on the locked posts and just can't be linked to after those posts are pushed down far enough, or if the pictures on your older posts there are broken as well.
You should still be able view all posts with their images intact on my itch.io page. As for a sample of past submissions, I could probably share a few when I start collecting submissions again.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
You should still be able view all posts with their images intact on my itch.io page.
Let's see... *Jumps to a random months-old post* In fact, it seems they're broken as recently as . Just this one and the one from last week are intact. The corresponding posts in this thread match their state as well. Are the images from those visible for you? And how do they look on the Patreon?

I noticed this before now, so it's not like this happened all at once. The images are fine for a while, but a few updates later they become broken links.

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
Let's see... *Jumps to a random months-old post* In fact, it seems they're broken as recently as . Just this one and the one from last week are intact. The corresponding posts in this thread match their state as well. Are the images from those visible for you? And how do they look on the Patreon?

I noticed this before now, so it's not like this happened all at once. The images are fine for a while, but a few updates later they become broken links.
Yeah I wasnt aware of this issue. Well, there is a thread on Vampyou.com where I have posted every single update. Due to the format of that page, I’ve had to upload each picture to every post I make, so all of the photos are definitely still there. You will have to dig a bit to look for a specific date though.

philyb

May 23, 2018
I'm having an issue with this point in the game, I've been told to go back to the lab but when I go to the area where the boss used to be, the character walks the wrong way into a wall and the game freezes.

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
I'm having an issue with this point in the game, I've been told to go back to the lab but when I go to the area where the boss used to be, the character walks the wrong way into a wall and the game freezes.
I tried to check out the save you included, but it was incompatible with the version of the game I have. Could you possibly post a screenshot of the area where the issue is occurring? I'll get right on to resolving the issue.

philyb

May 23, 2018
I'm using 3.1.1

Basically, I'm at the end of C2 and have to revisit the lab, so when I open this door, it moves me the wrong way and I get stuck on the wall and have to restart. I don't know if anyone else has this problem or if its RPG maker related. I haven't gone back to one of my other saves though, which I might do.

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
I'm using 3.1.1

Basically, I'm at the end of C2 and have to revisit the lab, so when I open this door, it moves me the wrong way and I get stuck on the wall and have to restart. I don't know if anyone else has this problem or if its RPG maker related. I haven't gone back to one of my other saves though, which I might do.
No, its the way I programmed that particular door. I’ll get on to fixing this.

philyb

May 23, 2018
No, its the way I programmed that particular door. I’ll get on to fixing this.
I went back to a previous save (from just before the church battle) and had the same issue. I also had the issue with the first door in the lab, but I was able to regain control because there was more space for my character to move "down". Dunno if anyone else has had this issue, but it means I can't continue with the game atm :/

EDIT - For anyone else having this issue, I found that if you don't kill the librarian vampire, then you don't have to revisit the lab and avoid the bug.

Last edited:

Sedoy122

May 21, 2020
I encounter one problem - when I try to fight ghouls in the caves of Contract 10, I get a mistake, something about a file missing with a few lines of code. Hope I describe it clear enough for you to understand and gat rid of it.

Sedoy122

May 21, 2020
I think that you don't make saves from previous versions compatible with the new ones, or is it another problem?

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
I think that you don't make saves from previous versions compatible with the new ones, or is it another problem?
I was checking the ghouls in the contract 10 cave you mentioned and I did not see any error. If you are using a save from a previous version you are likely to get errors. This may be why you are having issues.

anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
It's fairly rare that a game this early in it's design cycle has 100% compatibility for saves between versions. Since as the game expands new variables get added, old variables can change type, etc. My suggestion is either wait till the game is much further along or get used to restarting from the beginning frequently.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
It's fairly rare that a game this early in it's design cycle has 100% compatibility for saves between versions. Since as the game expands new variables get added, old variables can change type, etc. My suggestion is either wait till the game is much further along or get used to restarting from the beginning frequently.
Or use the saves provided by the dev that start you off at the beginning of the new content.

3.80 star(s) 21 Votes