B15A23

Jul 16, 2021
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks! Here are my thoughts.

5.0 - can't wait to defeat Dorian. This guy is tough. The dealer was a powerful individual too. A fight with him too?

5.1 - there should be multiple endings even if Mila remains human. I'm taking few wild guesses for Nun Mila, Wife Mila, warrior Mila etc. I can be wrong though.

5.2 - Intending to stop vamp route at Mila finding ghoul Amber huh? Sounds like it is. I know this is hard work on you, but Mila should go on a conquest... Cause why not? Taking down the kingdom should be a fitting end...

If you're dead set on finishing it at the point of Mila finding Amber, there are few characters who may exist and you can explore.

The bride from tragic bride quest
Ash
Princess Anja
Gabrelle (she's not dead by the route, ain't she?)

And also, would the blood temple come into play in the vampire route?

We don't mind if new characters came into play...

Thanks again, it is your commitment and cooperation with the fandom made this game popular and better.

Reactions: mkrudesign

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Speaking of, I would like to ask the community a question. Crimson Veil has now covered a wide variety of monster girls as enemies. Are there any obvious omissions that aren't in the game yet?
Let's see... It's naturally pretty hard to find openings for things like mermaids, but they could be particularly interesting if added as an enemy in the vampire route, as they're often seen as "good-aligned" monsters and it would be an interesting twist to see them treated as the victim to be corrupted into Mila's undead slaves. I've seen a bizarrely large amount of characters being redrawn as mermaids, but I don't think I've ever seen a mermaid get bitten and turned into a vampire... Of course, whoever it is that keeps commissioning the former would probably be disappointed if they didn't get to see Mila turned into a mermaid as well.

Harpies are another thing that's absent from the game, unless I'm mistaken. We do have what are essentially bat-harpies, but they feel like another part of the vampire theme. Having them portrayed as a sort of sweet songbird would be a stark contrast to their vampiric counterparts.

Of course, my contract submission was for a golem quest, although the ones in that contract would have been more of a sci-fantasy doll/robot/cyborg theme than the traditional "animated rock/clay statue" variety. Having the traditional variety show up wouldn't prevent my submission from still feeling unique (and it even assumed that Mila was already familiar with the concept of golems), so I don't even have a selfish reason to not want you to use them yet.

...Angels? If you don't already have an angel planned in a story role, giving vampire Mila the chance to corrupt one (or even giving regular Mila the chance to be "corrupted" by one) would be a natural fit.

Hmm... Arachne are fairly popular these days, but also despised by arachnaphobes. They do share a similar predatory vibe with vampires, so they wouldn't be out of place.

Those are all the ones that I can think of that would be a good fit. There's other stuff that doesn't fit as well outside of standard fantasy settings, like elves or fairies. And of course plenty of stuff that doesn't naturally have a female (or even humanoid) form but frequently gets redrawn as monster girls anyway.

Edit: And of course, as I mentioned a while back, there's room to further explore some of the ones that already appeared in the human route in the vampire route, having them be turned into vampiric hybrids that serve Mila and possibly being kept in a menagerie in Dorian's manor. Perhaps a sort of blood slime or a rose-and-thorns themed alraune that feeds with vampiric creeper vines.

Last edited:
Reactions: mkrudesign

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
Thanks! Here are my thoughts.

5.0 - can't wait to defeat Dorian. This guy is tough. The dealer was a powerful individual too. A fight with him too?

5.1 - there should be multiple endings even if Mila remains human. I'm taking few wild guesses for Nun Mila, Wife Mila, warrior Mila etc. I can be wrong though.

5.2 - Intending to stop vamp route at Mila finding ghoul Amber huh? Sounds like it is. I know this is hard work on you, but Mila should go on a conquest... Cause why not? Taking down the kingdom should be a fitting end...

If you're dead set on finishing it at the point of Mila finding Amber, there are few characters who may exist and you can explore.

The bride from tragic bride quest
Ash
Princess Anja
Gabrelle (she's not dead by the route, ain't she?)

And also, would the blood temple come into play in the vampire route?

We don't mind if new characters came into play...

Thanks again, it is your commitment and cooperation with the fandom made this game popular and better.
The vampire route’s story isn’t ending at chapter 2. I just meant that I would not be adding story content in update 5.2.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
After thinking on how a classic golem could appeal to people with a petrification fetish, it occurred to me that Medusas/gorgons are also a thing that isn't technically in this game. They're basically just a variant of lamia, but a petrification fetish is its own thing that a lot of people have that lamias don't satisfy. Of course, coming up with some excuse for a golem to "corrupt" Mila would probably satisfy that same fetish without feeling like a repeat of an existing monster. Though maybe not... I'm no petrification fetishist myself, but perhaps some of them would find it unsatisfying if she was only technically made of rock but still able to move. On that note, those same people might be interested in having something done the other way around, paralyzing a still-flesh Mila and having her be a sort of "living statue". I wonder what sort of monster would be the best fit for doing that?

...I also just had the crazy idea of a gorgon mage who uses golem runes to animate the statues of people she petrifies, turning them into her slaves. That would probably only fit in this game as a unique contract rather than a standard monster, and my next submission will just be re-submitting the robo-golem one, but maybe some game out there can use that concept some day...

Edit: Oh, and a witch! I actually haven't played the game past Chapter 2 yet so I don't know if any witches have appeared yet (I've only been poking through the picture files and following your update posts, so a witch could easily sneak under my notice - and I don't even know what that girl with the skeleton arm is), but of course witches, necromancers, and other practitioners of forbidden arts are a fitting "monster" for a gothic fantasy setting. Of course, there's the question of just how much "magic" you want to exist in this setting, but a few exceptional cases wouldn't automatically turn this into high fantasy. (And, again, I don't know if you've already done something like that with skeleton lady. I should probably play through the latest chapters at some point, but I kind of dislike starting and stopping a game between each update.) At any rate, Mila could encounter a coven of witches who induct her into their ranks, or they could end up worshipping vampire Mila as their "dark patron" after being defeated by her.

Last edited:

Blanton

Jun 8, 2020
The vampire route’s story isn’t ending at chapter 2. I just meant that I would not be adding story content in update 5.2.
That is good to hear. I am looking forward to the purpuses pets might have. Really enjoying the game so far and that gets me even more hyped for the vampire route.

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
After thinking on how a classic golem could appeal to people with a petrification fetish, it occurred to me that Medusas/gorgons are also a thing that isn't technically in this game. They're basically just a variant of lamia, but a petrification fetish is its own thing that a lot of people have that lamias don't satisfy. Of course, coming up with some excuse for a golem to "corrupt" Mila would probably satisfy that same fetish without feeling like a repeat of an existing monster. Though maybe not... I'm no petrification fetishist myself, but perhaps some of them would find it unsatisfying if she was only technically made of rock but still able to move. On that note, those same people might be interested in having something done the other way around, paralyzing a still-flesh Mila and having her be a sort of "living statue". I wonder what sort of monster would be the best fit for doing that?

...I also just had the crazy idea of a gorgon mage who uses golem runes to animate the statues of people she petrifies, turning them into her slaves. That would probably only fit in this game as a unique contract rather than a standard monster, and my next submission will just be re-submitting the robo-golem one, but maybe some game out there can use that concept some day...

Edit: Oh, and a witch! I actually haven't played the game past Chapter 2 yet so I don't know if any witches have appeared yet (I've only been poking through the picture files and following your update posts, so a witch could easily sneak under my notice - and I don't even know what that girl with the skeleton arm is), but of course witches, necromancers, and other practitioners of forbidden arts are a fitting "monster" for a gothic fantasy setting. Of course, there's the question of just how much "magic" you want to exist in this setting, but a few exceptional cases wouldn't automatically turn this into high fantasy. (And, again, I don't know if you've already done something like that with skeleton lady. I should probably play through the latest chapters at some point, but I kind of dislike starting and stopping a game between each update.) At any rate, Mila could encounter a coven of witches who induct her into their ranks, or they could end up worshipping vampire Mila as their "dark patron" after being defeated by her.
There are included save points with the game that you can use to skip the beginning of the game. I believe the first file starts you off right before the boss of chapter 2.

anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
...On that note, those same people might be interested in having something done the other way around, paralyzing a still-flesh Mila and having her be a sort of "living statue". I wonder what sort of monster would be the best fit for doing that?
A Carrion Crawler, from D&D, paralyzes it's victims, sadly it then eats them but some variation of such.
Or a magic-user/psionicist who suppresses the wills of their victims to make living dolls/golems. Illithids (Mind Flayers) typically use some of the creatures they capture as thralls.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
There are included save points with the game that you can use to skip the beginning of the game. I believe the first file starts you off right before the boss of chapter 2.
Right, but my issue is more with the concept of starting and stopping a game. Like, playing a chapter and then not playing the game for four months, then playing the next chapter and then not playing the game for four months... Not really something that can be addressed on the game's end.

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
Right, but my issue is more with the concept of starting and stopping a game. Like, playing a chapter and then not playing the game for four months, then playing the next chapter and then not playing the game for four months... Not really something that can be addressed on the game's end.
Understandable.

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
4.1.1 is now available to download for free on .

There are very minor fixes added from the patreon release. I hope you will all play though and enjoy the new content! For those curious, here are the changes added as of 4.1:

•Contracts 12 & 13 added

•Baitelle side-quest added in Mor Town Tavern after chapter 3.

•Serenity Drug side activity added. Accessible after chapter 2 intro and during Viviene's extended bad ending.

•Ghoul Bad Ending (MIla) updated to include extra art.

•Addicted and Cursed status added.

•Additional scenes with contract and plot relevant characters added before they are properly introduced to the player.

•Jessica can be interacted with in Viviene's extended bad ending.

•Picture Gallery has 100 total pictures to unlock (Pic 92 currently not accessible except through the dev room).

•"Dual Lashings" skill damage adjusted and now requires 15 LP instead of 25. "Selfless Soul" now requires 25 LP instead of 20.

•Minimum enemy damage is now a fixed percent based on skill used instead of 1.

•Dorian's Brides' sprites updated.

•Added detail in certain maps.

•Additional autosave points added throughout quests.

•Misc. bug fixes.

Have fun!

3.80 star(s) 21 Votes