Chuck411

Sep 8, 2019
I'm sorry if this has been asked elsewhere in the thread but is there a corruption route in this game or is it more focused on corruption bad ends? Congrats on finishing the main storyline I'm sure that was a ton of work and it's always admirable to see a creator see things through to the end.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
I'm sorry if this has been asked elsewhere in the thread but is there a corruption route in this game or is it more focused on corruption bad ends?
Depends on what you mean by "corruption route". There is a secondary storyline (which has been put on hold until the completion of the main storyline, but that's coming up soon anyway) where Mila has become a master vampire and goes out to do vampire stuff. I don't think there's a route about her gradually getting more corrupted over time or anything like that, though.

KingRei

Apr 15, 2018
Depends on what you mean by "corruption route". There is a secondary storyline (which has been put on hold until the completion of the main storyline, but that's coming up soon anyway) where Mila has become a master vampire and goes out to do vampire stuff. I don't think there's a route about her gradually getting more corrupted over time or anything like that, though.
The vampire route is definitely the corruption route. Mila is fully corrupted in this route. She's invading villages and treating all of the humans there like disposable insects. There's one villager where if you turn her into a vampire and then talk to her, Mila just straight up informs her that she is a slave now.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
The vampire route is definitely the corruption route. Mila is fully corrupted in this route. She's invading villages and treating all of the humans there like disposable insects. There's one villager where if you turn her into a vampire and then talk to her, Mila just straight up informs her that she is a slave now.
That doesn't mean it's the specific thing that person was asking for. It's always important to keep in mind that different people have different things in mind when they use particular words, and try to answer in a way that answers multiple interpretations. In many games, "the corruption route" is one where the main character is slowly made more perverted over the course of the story, as opposed to one where they're already fully corrupted, which tends to be called "the evil route".

Chuck411

Sep 8, 2019
That doesn't mean it's the specific thing that person was asking for. It's always important to keep in mind that different people have different things in mind when they use particular words, and try to answer in a way that answers multiple interpretations. In many games, "the corruption route" is one where the main character is slowly made more perverted over the course of the story, as opposed to one where they're already fully corrupted, which tends to be called "the evil route".
You were right that I was thinking something a little more slow burn but serendipitously I have also been looking for a vampire game. Is the vampire route fairly deep or just started.

anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
You were right that I was thinking something a little more slow burn but serendipitously I have also been looking for a vampire game. Is the vampire route fairly deep or just started.
The vampire route is only part way. It's more than just started, but compared to the main route there's a lot of room for growth. The good news is that once the main story is completed, MKRU has said they'll go back to working on the vampire route and flesh it out.

Chuck411

Sep 8, 2019
The vampire route is only part way. It's more than just started, but compared to the main route there's a lot of room for growth. The good news is that once the main story is completed, MKRU has said they'll go back to working on the vampire route and flesh it out.
Would you say it's worth trying out as is or should I wait for potential updates?

Jun 6, 2017
vampire route may as well be a bad end route as it is now for there is no future in it with the fact that all the humans you feed on die become a ghoul or vampire so at some point all humans will be dead a ghoul or vampire so no future there because you starve to death when that happens so you need an option to not kill or turn them and option make them blood source would work to

Lord Kentus

Jan 4, 2021
vampire route may as well be a bad end route as it is now for there is no future in it with the fact that all the humans you feed on die become a ghoul or vampire so at some point all humans will be dead a ghoul or vampire so no future there because you starve to death when that happens so you need an option to not kill or turn them and option make them blood source would work to
:p Cattle will eventually will be housed in the farms I am sure

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019

...I mean, is there anything left to say?

Finally, after nearly 6 months of work, the final chapter of Crimson Veil is complete and it's release is imminent. Thank you all so much for your patience through the delays, but I'm happy to be able to share the game's ending with you all. On Patreon and , I have refreshed the page's banner with the game's new title screen. This represents the next phase in this project's development. I won't go too deep into details now to keep the focus on the story's finale, but rest assured, more great content is on it's way in future updates!

But, until then, what's next?

I'll be working behind the scenes on updating the walkthrough next. My goal is to finish it in time for the public release on Dec 25th. I'll also be pulling down the art assets and sketches currently available to 5$ and up patrons, as I begin to upload the new ones. These perks will be released the same day as the game's release, so just be aware of that, if you a supporter in that tier! Aside from that, I have some fanart that I've been meaning to work on for a while, unrelated to Crimson Veil. It'll be nice to work on art that isn't related to the game for a change! I'll be sharing it with you once it's done. I'm sure some of you will appreciate it!

The holidays are a time filled with tons of family obligations, scheduling conflicts, and stress for most, so I plan to take it easy this month and try to enjoy it. I still have Xenoblade 3 in the cellophane since I bought it back in July, so maybe it's time a crack that baby open and sink some time into a different sort of RPG!

That's all I got for this week. I hope to see you all here next week at 8 PM EST for the update's release!

3.80 star(s) 21 Votes