dking239

Jul 1, 2017
Would you be up for expanding the genevieve reward scene at the end of her quest to me it's way too short for what you go through to get it.

Scotsman1989

Nov 10, 2018
Will the planned game over gallery be availiable from the start, or will it be a secret room type deal?

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
anyone has s savefile of the newest version
I'm pretty sure every version comes with new saves for the start of each chapter. Or do you mean a "completed" savefile with the gallery unlocked? Because you can just look at the picture in the game folders, and the gallery only shows you those pictures. They're saved as raw PNG files, so it's easy to open them and you'll see everything that you would see through the gallery (and more).

Oct 26, 2017
MKRU releases a save with all new versions to prevent compatibility issues (as well as a detailed guide, which really is a lot of extra work and very appreciated) but if you somehow need extra saves I have a few around.

The gallery can be a bit of a pickle if you haven't played in a long time since Moghunter's gallery plugin might not have reindexed it (so you'll actually see the older CG indexes and won't have the newer ones appear in there while still technically over 100%) but the ones I'm providing here have been manually debugged to reindex them accordingly.

As Rosen King pointed out, all assets are directly viewable from outside the game. Pictures with a Pic_ prefix are gallery pictures used by this plugin and should show up in your gallery recollection; if the count matches, then that's all good.

Let me know if you find missing things since I haven't double-checked them. The saves right before a "bad" end aren't included since those will be part of the next update, only the ones at crucial points in time.

Reactions: mkrudesign

KingRei

Apr 15, 2018
I know nothing about itch.io rules. Can you not just put it into a rar and split it? Their FAQ seems to suggest that you can e-mail them to have your limits changed.

Trying to squeeze it to just under 1 GB can't be a long term solution if you're going to finish the vampire path, too, yes? Maybe you could split vampire path off to its own game if you really need the space.

Oct 26, 2017
Splitting the RAR should indeed work. Also, knowing how much MV/MZ are bloated by design (goddamn Node.js with ridiculous locales that aren't even used, though those compress nicely - it's mostly the Node library itself that's a damn mess), it's also possible to separate the core files from the unnecessary ones, though this may confuse users a bit and also slightly affect compression.

Or as KingRei stated, have two separate projects, but beware: MV/MZ will try to bloat both as it will always package a boatload of unnecessary stuff on deployment.

1GB seems quite large. I take you also losslessly compressed the assets? (Tools like PNG optimizer, PNG crush or similar can help you achieve this without losing any quality/image data at all and while also lowering color depth as needed so you don't end up with memory overkill.)

Reactions: mkrudesign

mkrudesign

Game Developer
Mar 21, 2019
I think the majority of the file size issues come from the amount of uncompressed pngs in the game’s files. I’m confident that getting these image files crushed down will keep my game well under 1 GB.

3.80 star(s) 21 Votes