4.70 star(s) 29 Votes

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
Isekai + Cultivation. Haven't seen that yet in an AVN.
looks promising and doesn't shy away from action scenes.

some weird details though.
MC's sword should weight too much for pretty much everyone else, and yet when he fights with it, they block it easily, without any damage or struggle.
After the big fight in this update, MC never checks on the dragon. MC just thinks '"oh, must have gone back to his place", which makes no sense as the dragon literally promised to stay to protect MC. both to his mother, and to MC himself. that's not the kind of empty promise that should be dismissed that easily. MC should have been at least worried. his crutch and last resort is gone.
and we get the level and rank of everyone except the dragon...
the elemental born system doesn't make any sense right now. there is no explanation.
the marks on the forehead are not explained either. they clearly mean something, and they are rare enough that MC should have questioned them, especially when one lit up right before him.
let's hope that the sword dao technique is not used as a deus ex machina every time now. unlocking just when MC needs it will get old really fast. it was already bad here. MC didn't even need it. he would just use the first form from the start instead of breaking the barrier, and the match would be over.
being able to attack outside from inside a so-called impenetrable barrier is stupid. because it means the caster energy/qi is sent outside through the barrier, or that he manifests his energy/qi outside. then enemies can just sent their energy inside throug the barrier the same way, or manifest their power inside directly. seems like qi is just qi in that world and no one established that there are personal signatures. the only differing factor would then be blood, but there is no blood on energy/qi.

Reactions: Redtheman

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022

MC's sword should weight too much for pretty much everyone else, and yet when he fights with it, they block it easily, without any damage or struggle.
After the big fight in this update, MC never checks on the dragon. MC just thinks '"oh, must have gone back to his place", which makes no sense as the dragon literally promised to stay to protect MC. both to his mother, and to MC himself. that's not the kind of empty promise that should be dismissed that easily. MC should have been at least worried. his crutch and last resort is gone.
the elemental born system doesn't make any sense right now. there is no explanation.
the marks on the forehead are not explained either. they clearly mean something, and they are rare enough that MC should have questioned them, especially when one lit up right before him.
let's hope that the sword dao technique is not used as a deus ex machina every time now. unlocking just when MC needs it will get old really fast. it was already bad here. MC didn't even need it. he would just use the first form from the start instead of breaking the barrier, and the match would be over.
being able to attack outside from inside a so-called impenetrable barrier is stupid. because it means the caster energy/qi is sent outside through the barrier, or that he manifests his energy/qi outside. then enemies can just sent their energy inside throug the barrier the same way, or manifest their power inside directly. seems like qi is just qi in that world and no one established that there are personal signatures. the only differing factor would then be blood, but there is no blood on energy/qi.
I agree to most of what you said, but as for the weight of the sword, I think the reason is that it can't have two weights at once. MC isn't wielding it simply with his own strength, he's not lifting a one ton sword and attacking with it. His gravity magic is passively making it lighter, meaning when he attacks with it it's still being made light enough for him to use and therefor light enough for people to block.

The only way around it would be for MC to master his gravity power to be able to turn it off and on rapidly at will.

So say when he's slashing down to restore its gravity so it weighs very heavily and increase the attack power. That would make it very hard to block, but very hard to control for MC too.

Honestly, the gravity power is just going to get OP sooner or later. I can easily see MC being able to create large fields of intense gravity to cripple enemies while allowing his friends and allies to move about freely.

D2bock

Sep 14, 2024

Here is my take

The MC's power is gravity, meaning he can manipulate the gravitational pull of the sword.

As for the elemental-born system, whether it makes sense or not should be left to future developments since there hasn’t been a deep explanation yet on how it works or how someone acquires it at birth.

Regarding the mark on the forehead: If you're familiar with Chinese culture, those marks can also serve as makeup. They could have meaning or be purely decorative. In Astrid's case, I think her mark is related to her Phoenix Soul.

About why he wouldn't use 1st Form right away in the fight with Ashton, from what I see each time he use 1st Form, he passed out. The first time he used it, the Soul Weaver barely injured. So clearly, to the MC, at that point the 1st Form is not a guarantee option.

As for how Qi works, I don't think we need to dive too deep yet. It's still early in the story, and there hasn't been a detailed explanation of how Qi functions or how it plays into combat. Qi in this story could work differently - it all depends on how DuskDuck interprets it.

As for the dragon - yeah, that part is a bit odd. Maybe he is dead :)

Last edited:
Reactions: OhTheLove

ZakMacc

Aug 28, 2021
Damn, this game is muachh :whistle: excellent, i can't wait for the next update, keep up the good work dev! :love:
And idk why Yanyan vibe is similar like Zi Yan from BTTH, and the mc sword kinda similar to XY from BTTH :ROFLMAO:

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
I agree to most of what you said, but as for the weight of the sword, I think the reason is that it can't have two weights at once. MC isn't wielding it simply with his own strength, he's not lifting a one ton sword and attacking with it. His gravity magic is passively making it lighter, meaning when he attacks with it it's still being made light enough for him to use and therefor light enough for people to block.

The only way around it would be for MC to master his gravity power to be able to turn it off and on rapidly at will.

So say when he's slashing down to restore its gravity so it weighs very heavily and increase the attack power. That would make it very hard to block, but very hard to control for MC too.

Honestly, the gravity power is just going to get OP sooner or later. I can easily see MC being able to create large fields of intense gravity to cripple enemies while allowing his friends and allies to move about freely.
yeah, normally, that would be the case and I would agree. but when he first picked it up, he was doing it with the fox spirit who could not lift it, but MC thought she was joking and pranking it. so to me, it means, he already felt it to be light, while it is too heavy for her *at the same time*

but there was also some kind of description saying MC's powers altered the sword. but was it a permanent alteration or a temporary only when he touches it ?
Maybe MC only need to swing it and once it connects, just release it and the opponent would be crushed. or MC can just throw it, it would be an insanely powerful projectile.

ah, and it's a 10+ ton sword from what was said :D one ton would be too light for cultivators.

I agree that his power will become OP very quickly. we don't even know if gravity is the combination of other elemental powers, which would mean MC can use and master any of the elements that makes up gravity.

Here is my take

The MC's power is gravity, meaning he can manipulate the gravitational pull of the sword.

As for the elemental-born system, whether it makes sense or not should be left to future developments since there hasn’t been a deep explanation yet on how it works or how someone acquires it at birth.

Regarding the mark on the forehead: If you're familiar with Chinese culture, those marks can also serve as makeup. They could have meaning or be purely decorative. In Astrid's case, I think her mark is related to her Phoenix Soul.

About why he wouldn't use 1st Form right away in the fight with Ashton, from what I see each time he use 1st Form, he passed out. The first time he used it, the Soul Weaver barely injured. So clearly, to the MC, at that point the 1st Form is not a guarantee option.

As for how Qi works, I don't think we need to dive too deep yet. It's still early in the story, and there hasn't been a detailed explanation of how Qi functions or how it plays into combat. Qi in this story could work differently - it all depends on how DuskDuck interprets it.

As for the dragon - yeah, that part is a bit odd. Maybe he is dead :)
MC doesn't manipulate the gravitational pull of the sword. it's done unconsciously. it said he altered it directly, like I said just above here :) but we don't know how and for how long it's altered.

the fact that the element-born system is thrown around constantly but never explained removes a lot of the tension and impact in fight or character introduction. "hey it's ice, it's rare" yeah so ? "hey, he has two elements" so what ? should I care now ? no you didn't explain anything, it's just random facts without substance. and the worse is that MC had the training for about a month of two, and he got the explanation from instructors and masters, and fellow students. so MC understands, but the player is just left in the dark. that's VERY bad storytelling. if the player is left in the dark, the MC shouldn't know either, at the very least. when the explanation does come, there will be zero impact on the characters. and there is no opportunity for the explanation in the story if MC already knows. he is literally training, it was easy to put it in his training. training arcs are very often used to explain that kind of stuff.

if the marks are just makeup, then many other would have them... but only two girls have the marks, and they are both masters. it's definitely not cosmetic, and it has meaning. again, the MC probably knows now, just like the other characters. only the reader is left in the dark.

exactly, the first form uses a lot of qi. he knows it. and he waited until he used up all his qi first before using it. even though he knows it works on a qi ascendency enemy, so he is sure it will be VERY effective against a very low level guy... if he used it before using the second form, he would not pass out and still would have some strength left.

again, knowing how qi works for the reader is not essential now, but the issue is that literally every character knows except the reader. the ones that were supposed to be introduced to it at the start, and learn about it along side the reader, got a time skip for their training and explanation, and now there is no one else to learn it. especially bad since Liana is a bookworm, she would have read and learnt a ton of theory on it during training.

maybe when Jake shows up, it will be the last chance for the explanation of qi and elements. he is supposed to be some kind of smart guy or genius. the narrative will probably put him as scholar of some sort, or a theory crafter. :D

Reactions: S1nsational

shitass1001

Jun 8, 2021
I dont know anything about qi cultivation, but I enjoyed the VN quite a bit for what it is, to me the enjoyment wasn't from the "I cant wait to see how the MC is going to cultivate qi for 10 years" and more from the pure spectacle and absurdity of it.
Like, its pretty fast paced, all of a sudden the MC gets kidnapped, then some random woman shows up and saves him, but he is poisoned, so what else to do than rub your naked body on him, ok, so now theres going to be a tournament, and now they are on a boat, and then theres and ogre thing, oh no they are gonna lose, no they dont, then he gets kidnapped again, this time theres some old man, "dao sword" woah I wonder what that is. All the while there are laser beams and swords coming out of peoples arms and "wow thats a level 4 super pill" and I have no idea what it does but I am so excited.

In essence this game makes me into a toddler watching baby videos on an ipad, no other VN on this site has allowed me to turn my brain off so much and still enjoy it. (this sounds like a bad thing but its a good thing)

Krylo Zagato

May 23, 2019
Good start to the game. The story goes like a typical Qi Cultivation story.

This biggest problem for me is keeping track of the cultivation realms and levels. That's a recurring problem in cultivation stories in general not just here.

A possible solution to help people remember which QI realms are higher would be to color code them. You could make it so that whenever one of them is said the actual word in the textbox is colored to match their color code.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021

This biggest problem for me is keeping track of the cultivation realms and levels. That's a recurring problem in cultivation stories in general not just here.

A possible solution to help people remember which QI realms are higher would be to color code them. You could make it so that whenever one of them is said the actual word in the textbox is colored to match their color code.
There's 2 buttons on the top right, the bottom of the two tells you the level order.

shitass1001

Jun 8, 2021
There's 2 buttons on the top right, the bottom of the two tells you the level order.
While that is helpful, it completely messes with the flow of the story making the reader have to click the buttons in the top right whenever "qi something" is mentioned. I agree with Kyrlo Zagato, the colour coding idea is a good one

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
good idea!

Mar 29, 2023

Or read a couple xianxia's and wuxia's. Most novels have similar realm names and conventions. Qi Refining -> Foundation -> Condensation -> Golden Core -> Origin Spirit -> Nascent Soul -> Soul Formation etc.

Especially Nascent Soul and Soul Formation are commonly used in most novels.

The Qi Transcendence realm is equivalent with Nascent Soul Realm. Both names are quite fitting since in the nascent soul realm, cultivators start to transcend their mortal shackles.

mmm... sect master is only 100 years old? Feels a bit young since the sect exists for 4k years. I'd expected that the sect master would be at least 500 or older.

I like the way the Mc broke through the first time; from crisis to opportunity and I also liked how Astrid fought; playing the pig to eat the tiger =D

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: D2bock

D2bock

Sep 14, 2024
Or read a couple xianxia's and wuxia's. Most novels have similar realm names and conventions. Qi Refining -> Foundation -> Condensation -> Golden Core -> Origin Spirit -> Nascent Soul -> Soul Formation etc.

Especially Nascent Soul and Soul Formation are commonly used in most novels.

The Qi Transcendence realm is equivalent with Nascent Soul Realm. Both names are quite fitting since in the nascent soul realm, cultivators start to transcend their mortal shackles.

mmm... sect master is only 100 years old? Feels a bit young since the sect exists for 4k years. I'd expected that the sect master would be at least 500 or older.

I like the way the Mc broke through the first time; from crisis to opportunity and I also liked how Astrid fought; playing the pig to eat the tiger =D

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Eldranor, The Sect Master appear at the Contest is the Outer Court Master and he is 400 years old. He talk about his age with Elina. Which mean there is an Inner Sect Master. That person must be at least Qi Celestial

Mar 29, 2023
Eldranor, The Sect Master appear at the Contest is the Outer Court Master and he is 400 years old. He talk about his age with Elina. Which mean there is an Inner Sect Master. That person must be at least Qi Celestial
Yeah true, but with the novel that I'm currently reading, 400 years is like a decade =P

I gotta say, I very much like the story. Not your typical xanxia/wuxia and the fight scenes are *chef's kiss*

Looking forward to the next update!

4.70 star(s) 29 Votes