Thrownaway13

Lvl 12 - Cutie
Respected User
Former Staff
May 27, 2017
Greetings all!

King is still working through the renders pretty quickly. So all is good there.

I will be starting to write v0.95 just to get ahead of the game. I am going to try and make it a 2 day update. That shouldn’t be an issue for me writing wise but we I’ll have to see how long that would take to render. I don’t want you guys to have to wait super long for updates. Especially after the loss of the writer/coder slowing things down.

I’ll keep you guys updated as things go along.

Thanks for your support,

-Thrown-

mickster101

Aug 14, 2017
Greetings all!

King is still working through the renders pretty quickly. So all is good there.

I will be starting to write v0.95 just to get ahead of the game. I am going to try and make it a 2 day update. That shouldn’t be an issue for me writing wise but we I’ll have to see how long that would take to render. I don’t want you guys to have to wait super long for updates. Especially after the loss of the writer/coder slowing things down.

I’ll keep you guys updated as things go along.

Thanks for your support,

-Thrown-
Have you published your views on the direction of the game? I have made my hopes known, but I don't think I have seen anything about your approach to the game. Not that such is necessary, just asking. And thanks for stepping in to keep this game rolling!

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
So is this strictly an NTR game? The renders look good enough but if it's straight up NTR and no non-ntr paths I'm going to have to give it a pass.
Its mostly NTR right now, by the time its done it might be 50-50 (Emphasis on might), so if that's your thing then dig right in, if not I would wait a good long while.

Last edited:

Thrownaway13

Lvl 12 - Cutie
Respected User
Former Staff
May 27, 2017
Have you published your views on the direction of the game? I have made my hopes known, but I don't think I have seen anything about your approach to the game. Not that such is necessary, just asking. And thanks for stepping in to keep this game rolling!
I kind of addressed this before? But I’ll try to elaborate more.

The pace will likely stay the same. It’s the only real restraint I have been given.

Heartless wasn’t a bad writer and I don’t want to talk to down to someone who isn’t here anymore.

But currently there are a lot of sheriffs but not enough deputies. He introduced a lot of people and spread them pretty thin. I don’t have any notes from him so I don’t really have his plans going forward. So going forward I plan to work on smaller chunks of characters and push their story forward. So you may notice 2 or 3 girls getting more attention. But I won’t forget a single character so don’t fear. Might just take longer to get to them.

I’ll have a better idea of what’s going to work and what won’t after a few updates.

Koronak

Feb 20, 2018
Just for discussing:how about developing different ways to getting girls, not only sedusing, but blackmailing, brute force etc?

exxxe

Apr 28, 2017
Just for discussing:how about developing different ways to getting girls, not only sedusing, but blackmailing, brute force etc?
considering there are 4 routes ( 3 in game, 1 planned ) : Alpha, Beta, diplomat and revenge

and the fact diplomat route is actually too broad like it is for each girl

it would be nearly impossible for the dev and writer to keep up if they add these variations ( love/ blackmail as you asked )

first the game will take years to develop
second we will receive updates that contents are spread way too thin that no one would like

i actually believe there should be only the following:
1) harem alpha route ( already present )
2) Cuck NTR beta route ( already present )
3) delete diplomat route it is too broad and replace it with just one girl , Emma ( this route you keep your family safe and win only Emma as GF and get a happy ending ), Emma is the perfect candidate and this route would be actually the most realistic to real life where a guy wins love in a new place while helping his family adapt and being man of the house like a normal guy without fucking the mentioned family

finally my opinion about revenge route is that it is unnecessary because it will target a limited audience :-
- NTR lovers would want an NTR ending and enjoy cucking MC so they wont choose revenge
- Harem or alpha lovers hate if a girl merely looks at someone that is not the MC and are very hateful of NTR they wont go through it

it is just a meh route and unnecessary it will be only for a few people ( mainly those who like to play all routes and can enjoy them all)

But I'm not the writer so all i can say good luck to the team i love this game and i trust they will keep up the good work and personally i would love as much variations, routes and possibilities as possible but alas my desire to see the completed tag on this game in the future force me to keep my desires/ hopes grounded

Last edited:

Kellan

Aug 5, 2016
in NTR route i think the girls should be more sever and mad with him. especially in the house, the woman should br in charge. some femdom and humiliation I think its ok in the NTR route

in NTR route i think the girls should be more sever and mad with him. especially in the house, the woman should be in charge. some femdom and humiliation I think its ok in the NTR route :)
Just because you like ntr doesnt mean you like femdom (I know I dont). So sure hope it doesnt go that way. If anything femdom makes you dislike the girls making you dont care who they are fucking which negates the ntr.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
considering there are 4 routes ( 3 in game, 1 planned ) : Alpha, Beta, diplomat and revenge
and the fact diplomat route is(...)
I have to disagree with you on the diplomat routes. The diplomat routes are very much fun since you can finetune them as MC towards a couple of girls. The only thing I agree with you is that keeping diplomat routes for all the girls will be massive, so I would reduce them to Mom, Sis, Aunt, PE teacher Kayla, Sophie, Emma if there has to be a reduction due to work.
Just because you dislike the diplomat routes does not make it universal. Actually the diplomat roues are a breath of fresh air outside the standard harem/cuck routes many games have!

Reactions: John Doe Jr.

-DarkHorizon-

Jul 20, 2018
I'm not a fan of too many routes. It usually results in tiny updates for individual routes, or long waits, if the dev focuses on others.

Most people also only play their route and don't test out the others. Should the dev go with many parallel routes the complains about 'no content' will surely ramp up.

I think that 3 routes (NTR, Alpha, and middle path) would be for the best(and quite enough) moving forward. The Dev shouldn't stretch too thin.

exxxe

Apr 28, 2017
I have to disagree with you on the diplomat routes. The diplomat routes are very much fun since you can finetune them as MC towards a couple of girls. The only thing I agree with you is that keeping diplomat routes for all the girls will be massive, so I would reduce them to Mom, Sis, Aunt, PE teacher Kayla, Sophie, Emma if there has to be a reduction due to work.
Just because you dislike the diplomat routes does not make it universal. Actually the diplomat roues are a breath of fresh air outside the standard harem/cuck routes many games have!
it is the same point i'm making bro lol

I didn't say delete it because i hate it rather that is contrary because i love it
diplomat route mean two different types of scenes for the girls ( on alpha and diplomat ) so bigger gameplay and more fun for us, more scenes to see under two different stories and eventually more sex to see

The only difference between you and me is i say reduce it only to Emma but you want to reduce it to what 4 girls more < not big of a difference but still a challenge ( optimally keep diplomat possible for Mom / Sis / Emma it is still a lot of work tho)
( because as you said if it is all girls then it is massive )

let's wait and see what the new writer will do with it i just want to get my hand on an update right now :)

Reactions: Koulo077

Thrownaway13

Lvl 12 - Cutie
Respected User
Former Staff
May 27, 2017
Greetings friends!

Short announcement! Our was finally approved! Releases will be done at the same time as Patreon. Very cool!

Now on to some stuff I wanted to talk about!

exxxe Turret BlackHorizon126 and a few others had great posts and I wanted to add my two cents.

At its core Culture Shock is a great product with a lot of potential. One of the reasons I wanted to work for King was that I genuinely enjoy the game.

Now that I am in the pilots seat there is a lot to take on and I am VERY excited to take it all on. There are a lot of options to look at and some changes might be made.

When you go into any creative work especially when there is already a fan base you kind of have to accept that everyone wont be happy. You also have to accept that everyone's needs might not be met. I have accepted that but I have also taken it as a challenge. I want to bring you guys the best product I possibly can and be as open as possible along the way. This is a growing industry and one I plan on sticking around in. So no half assing around will be done.

The diplomat route might see some changes, It might not. Give me a few updates of building and getting a feel for how things are going to play out and I can give a better answer.

mickster101

Aug 14, 2017
I guess if I had one request, it would be to retcon the "landlady's" (I am completely forgetting names right now!) date with the bartender. I think the whole episode undercut any future notions of seduction/corruption. We find out rather abruptly that she was a nympho in the past, and that she will give it up at the drop of a hat. Therefore, there is no tension regarding her future actions. She is a doorknob, and everyone's gonna get a turn. That is the same flaw with the gloryhole scenes as well.

Games like this get their interest by establishing somewhat 'realistic' characters or situations. I know that is stretching the word way past its breaking point, but I believe my point is clear. The 'tension' of whether the MC's "landlady" or "roommate" is going to fall for the seductions of Weak You (still love that insult) or Marcus is what makes the game fun and drives the MC to be the Alpha. It has to be a triumph worth achieving. Getting the local hoes is not a worthy goal.

Just my thoughts. The game is still the best around, and I look forward to more!

3.30 star(s) 81 Votes