david_wang

Apr 15, 2019
While I am a massive fan of this game, I feel like ever since the 0.8 and 0.85 updates, the game has lost something. Transitions are sloppy, scenes seem rushed, not a lot happens and the Days feel shorter.

Things in particular:
Some scenes will have it be where a Transition will happen (fade to black, etc), other ones will have it be where he's in Biology then BAM suddenly he's in Yoga like a turning a page. Nothing showing a movement of time, just flip from one picture directly to the next. That happened in the last update too.

Then things happen like him walking the halls, which have been a thing in the past. But in previous versions, he'd talk to himself or have some sort of exposition while in scenes like that, but now it's nothing. Two scenes of him moving then on to the next thing.

The last thing has seemed to be the short encounters. Take the math class. His conversation with Marcus was so short that it almost didn't need to happen in Math. Not to mention that class is almost pointless now with the intervention of his dad. Dr. Rai doesn't even talk anymore. Neither does Sophie. You'd think she'd be more active now that she isn't in danger of public whippings anymore.

What happened to that class with James in it? Haven't seen that in 2 updates either. It was briefly mentioned once. In fact that leads into what I was saying about shorter Days. When the MC first starts school, he seems to have every class every day. Now it doesn't seem like that at all, it's like we see one or maybe two class areas and then we move on to something else outside of school. So entire characters get ignored, the content of the story seems lessened and the updates seem like less goes on.

In the earlier days we would see interaction with both family members, Marcus, James, a whole strew of side characters, Emma, Maude, Kara, then there'd be some end of the day interactions at home and he'd end up in his room at the end with the "Study or.." mechanic.

Characters we have not seen lately:
James and the entire Physiology class (lesbians, asian intern, bitchy thicc chick)
General Washington and his assistant
The Aunt (Madam of Hawaii)
Weak You or his wife

Characters that we've seen but have had no progress made on (Or conversations with) lately:
Dr. Rai
Sophie
Biology Teacher

It's like there's a lot that used to happen that doesn't seem to be happening anymore. It feels like this team lost a member or writer, something changed in the structure of the game and it's losing steam.
Exactly, mate. It likes the last season of Game of Thrones, all scense are rush and illogical, some characters are irrelevant.

Mar 5, 2018
Just find this game, no fan of NTR, but understand that it have different route for a reason, but im gonna ask, in the routes, there is one that is kind of romantic, without harem or ntr the girl u choose? Im already enjoying the harem 'route' following the walktrough that is pretty outdated.

Shirafune

Jun 6, 2017
While I am a massive fan of this game, I feel like ever since the 0.8 and 0.85 updates, the game has lost something. Transitions are sloppy, scenes seem rushed, not a lot happens and the Days feel shorter.
I do agree that the scenes seem much shorter than they were in earlier updates, the writing's good but scenes seem short and rushed like you're saying

Reactions: greenp

haywire_hero

Oct 3, 2017
It's like there's a lot that used to happen that doesn't seem to be happening anymore. It feels like this team lost a member or writer, something changed in the structure of the game and it's losing steam.
That feeling about the team losing a writer is exactly what happened. Heartless took on writing duties around the time the game got a name change to Culture Shock. He then left the project, and deleted everything he had while leaving King of Lust to find a new writer. Now Thrownaway13 is in charge of writing duties.

Now I personally share many of your same annoyances regarding scene transitions and lack of much smaller nuances to help flesh out characters and the setting. But for this update we might need to give them a little slack, as the school stuff had alot of people complaining that they didn't enjoy it. They may have decided to skip most of it to prevent further whining.
Also they might have had to do some restructuring and rewriting for some of the scenes. As the original beta path that Thrownaway was writing was pretty much pure voyeur, with MC getting all excited about Marcus getting closer to his family. An example would be him waking up in .90 dreaming about his mom wanting to get it from Marcus and the MC waking up thinking it's hot and masturbating over it. That scene makes little sense no matter which path you were on before, and largely ignores everything written with the MC before. But they released a poll around the 21st asking how the MC should respond to others making advances toward potential love interests going forward with the MC either enjoying it or hating it or both.

With the option Both winning I thought the poll was going to have an effect around the next update, but it seemed like it was used for this one. With the MC being angry one minute about being sent pics of Marcus and Maude, to later being all excited about him getting with his sister. It's just all over the place, along with the crazy jumps from scene to scene. But that's just me speculating and trying to give the team the benefit of the doubt. Because if these aren't factors that effected the release, then my confidence for the writing getting better is damn near gone.

Thrownaway13

Lvl 12 - Cutie
Respected User
Former Staff
May 27, 2017

Things in particular:
Some scenes will have it be where a Transition will happen (fade to black, etc), other ones will have it be where he's in Biology then BAM suddenly he's in Yoga like a turning a page. Nothing showing a movement of time, just flip from one picture directly to the next. That happened in the last update too.

Then things happen like him walking the halls, which have been a thing in the past. But in previous versions, he'd talk to himself or have some sort of exposition while in scenes like that, but now it's nothing. Two scenes of him moving then on to the next thing.

The last thing has seemed to be the short encounters. Take the math class. His conversation with Marcus was so short that it almost didn't need to happen in Math. Not to mention that class is almost pointless now with the intervention of his dad. Dr. Rai doesn't even talk anymore. Neither does Sophie. You'd think she'd be more active now that she isn't in danger of public whippings anymore.

What happened to that class with James in it? Haven't seen that in 2 updates either. It was briefly mentioned once. In fact that leads into what I was saying about shorter Days. When the MC first starts school, he seems to have every class every day. Now it doesn't seem like that at all, it's like we see one or maybe two class areas and then we move on to something else outside of school. So entire characters get ignored, the content of the story seems lessened and the updates seem like less goes on.

In the earlier days we would see interaction with both family members, Marcus, James, a whole strew of side characters, Emma, Maude, Kara, then there'd be some end of the day interactions at home and he'd end up in his room at the end with the "Study or.." mechanic.

Characters we have not seen lately:
James and the entire Physiology class (lesbians, asian intern, bitchy thicc chick)
General Washington and his assistant
The Aunt (Madam of Hawaii)
Weak You or his wife

Characters that we've seen but have had no progress made on (Or conversations with) lately:
Dr. Rai
Sophie
Biology Teacher

Hey RoadWulf,

I was kindly pinged on discord about this post and I will say right away that it is excellent feedback. There has actually been a lot of great feedback lately and I appreciate all of it.

You gave a pretty detailed post and there are some questions in there so I feel like I should answer them in detail.

As for the 0.8 and 0.85 updates, I can't speak on those. Heartless was the writer at the time and I was not on the team so I can't really comment fairly on that.

So what about 0.9 and 0.95?

Well that I can easily answer! Some of this I may have covered in other posts but that's fine, posts can get lost.

We have a lot of characters and in no way is that a bad thing. As a writer it gives me a lot of things to play with and lets me fill scenes. There is a problem that can arise from having that many characters, burning out.

I am currently the sole writer, which honestly I prefer. With so many people to juggle it can kind of burn you out. Plus everything just becomes surface level. You can't dive as deep when you have such a large cast of characters.

So what do I do?

I could just eliminate characters. But that's lazy and jarring for you guys. There is the possibility of giving lots of characters speaking time during updates, but that can burn a lot of writing time.

So I figured out a way that I can give you guys a deeper dive into these characters and still keep my sanity. I am going to focus on 4 or 5 for X amount of updates so we can get a closer look at them and maybe even hold some hands. Then move on to the next 4 or 5. Once I get more comfortable I might rotate more in. This way you guys still get content and I keep my sanity. You are right, scenes seem brief at times. This is something I need to focus on as a writer and commit myself to. Especially having more characters interact in scenes.

I know it might be frustrating to see your favorite character fall by the wayside for a bit. I know it can be hard with changes, especially so far in. But I love this project and I have some plans for the future and want all of you along on that journey with me. Even if we have a little bit of a rocky start.

Once Chapter 1 is done Chapter 2 will be all mine. I will be given the keys to my own ship and this is what I have planned.

Chapter 2 goals:
-Grow and get better as a writer
-Output more content
-Make some kick ass content
-Make an awesome game

All I can promise is that I will hit those goals and make you guys a solid product. There is no perfect science to what I do and sometimes I will fail and mistakes will be made. I may have gone off on a bit of a tangent but hopefully some of your questions were answered.

I hope you all enjoy whats to come and thank you for all of your support,

-Thrown-

TheKryptonian

Truth, Justice, and TheKryptonian way...
Donor
Nov 22, 2018
May I ask if this is optional NTR or is it mandatory?
NTR is totally optional. But if you wish to see "actual" sex you have to play the beta/cuck route.

If you wish to see any sex content on the Alpha route you may want to check back in about 5 years when the devs pick up a dictionary and look up the word "Alpha" and figure out what it actually means. In its current form "Alpha" means total loser douchebag.

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
NTR is totally optional. But if you wish to see "actual" sex you have to play the beta/cuck route.

If you wish to see any sex content on the Alpha route you may want to check back in about 5 years when the devs pick up a dictionary and look up the word "Alpha" and figure out what it actually means. In its current form "Alpha" means total loser douchebag.
See the problem is, this character is a Beta. The Alpha route is not him being an alpha, it's him becoming one while preventing those around him from being fucked in front of him.

And in your words, if he's a total loser douchebag in the Alpha path, he's even worse as the cucked beta.

In the Alpha path he has so far:
Fingered his naked sleeping mom and she jerked him off while he was asleep.
Seen his sister naked several times and grinded up on her in the Gym (which caused her to go masturbate)
Been blown by his aunt and seen her topless
Given a handy and a BJ by Maude
Showered with one of his teachers (Kara) and seen her naked several times.
Seen Sophie topless and been blown by her.

Exactly where is the loser in all that?

Darkmetal

Jul 6, 2019
In the Alpha path he has so far:
Fingered his naked sleeping mom and she jerked him off while he was asleep.
Seen his sister naked several times and grinded up on her in the Gym (which caused her to go masturbate)
Been blown by his aunt and seen her topless
Given a handy and a BJ by Maude
Showered with one of his teachers (Kara) and seen her naked several times.
Seen Sophie topless and been blown by her.
So, to summarize, still a virgin.

Darkmetal

Jul 6, 2019
Less of one than the Beta path.
Of course, but the people on Beta are not interested in the MC, they want to see other people doing the banging; and on that side we have:
-Marcus doing both Sophie and Maude
-Gawd knows who manning a glory hole
-Mom so advanced that she doesn't bathe because she "likes the feeling of someone's semen inside her all day"
-Sis getting cummed on and now giving topless HJs in locker rooms

Hey, I am not for or against either path :) I run both sides, but there is a heck of a lot more "happening" in the Beta route than the timid steps in Alpha.

TheKryptonian

Truth, Justice, and TheKryptonian way...
Donor
Nov 22, 2018
Of course, but the people on Beta are not interested in the MC, they want to see other people doing the banging; and on that side we have:
-Mom so advanced that she doesn't bathe because she "likes the feeling of someone's semen inside her all day"

Hey, I am not for or against either path :) I run both sides, but there is a heck of a lot more "happening" in the Beta route than the timid steps in Alpha.
The fact that the MC cant even get farther with the side dames while the antagonist get to go all the way is why most non-NTR fans are absolutelty frustrated with this game. Why even have an Alpha route if you have 0 interest in giving those fans even close to the same amount of content. It just feels like huge middle finger to fans of the non-NTR content.

I get the slow burn with mom and sis but whats your excuse for the other dames? Just be honest is all we are asking.

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Darkmetal

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017

I'm quite convinced after this last update that the MC is going to graduate from virginhood in the next update, and there's no excuse for the writer and King once chapter 2 starts. The MC is no longer the pathetic little shit from before, hes at least slightly competent now, so I expect from chapter 2 forward it will be 50/50.

Shirafune

Jun 6, 2017
Let's just wait for 1.0 guys, lots of people are forgetting that there was a writer swap at the time of 0.85, that's quite late in the development
I consider this game still to be one of the better ones and hope it strives for the best (ESPECIALLY IN NTR) but alpha too, although that will be a tough task to make MC a proper one

mickster101

Aug 14, 2017
The fact that the MC cant even get farther with the side dames while the antagonist get to go all the way is why most non-NTR fans are absolutelty frustrated with this game. Why even have an Alpha route if you have 0 interest in giving those fans even close to the same amount of content. It just feels like huge middle finger to fans of the non-NTR content.

I get the slow burn with mom and sis but whats your excuse for the other dames? Just be honest is all we are asking.
While I totally get the desire to see the MC hit a home run finally, the reason for it is because he basically starts the game as a beta, just one who never had to confront and deal with the choices laid out in the game. It takes some doing to become a ladies' man, and confidence is not gained overnight. That is what the alpha path is showing. Had he arrived ver .10 as a cocky, self assured dude, then I would be really confused as to why he hasn't hit it yet with Maude and Karla. Alpha is showing the conversion of the MC to a man, while the beta path already has a cocky guy wanting to nail all the ladies (Marcus) and his controlling dad to make runs at the girls.

This next version will be the one that I think gets things back on track. Changing writers in the manner this game did had to have been confusing and tough to straighten out quickly. King and Thrown seem up to the task. Give it this next version, see what ya think!

Darkmetal

Jul 6, 2019
While I totally get the desire to see the MC hit a home run finally, the reason for it is because he basically starts the game as a beta, just one who never had to confront and deal with the choices laid out in the game. It takes some doing to become a ladies' man, and confidence is not gained overnight. That is what the alpha path is showing. Had he arrived ver .10 as a cocky, self assured dude, then I would be really confused as to why he hasn't hit it yet with Maude and Karla. Alpha is showing the conversion of the MC to a man, while the beta path already has a cocky guy wanting to nail all the ladies (Marcus) and his controlling dad to make runs at the girls.
This argument has been trotted out a lot, but it ignores one very important factor. Girls are not robots that roll off assembly lines with exactly the same tastes. I would venture that many girls actually dislike aggressive douches like Marcus (and any women IRL on this thread please correct me if I'm wrong :LOL:) One doesn't need to be a full-fledged Marcus 2.0 to get laid.

Emma, for example, instead of giving Marcus secret blow jobs, could have been written as a character who likes the MC as he is now - a nice, slightly shy, helpful guy who shares her interests. Then as the MC gets more and more Marcus-like, she actually likes the MC less and less and becomes a very difficult character to keep in the harem.

Instead of having them be indifferent to the MC and then all swoon for him when some Alpha mark like confidence +100 or something is hit - making them all have variation in "the degree of Alpha" that they like would make the game richer. But that's just my opinion.

Cheers

Edit 18/Aug: Having said that, I do look forward to seeing where the game's new writer will be taking the story forward from here on both paths. As the next update should technically take us to significant V1.0 designation, let's hope it's a major one.

Last edited:

mickster101

Aug 14, 2017
This argument has been trotted out a lot, but it ignores one very important factor. Girls are not robots that roll off assembly lines with exactly the same tastes. I would venture that many girls actually dislike aggressive douches like Marcus (and any women IRL on this thread please correct me if I'm wrong :LOL:) One doesn't need to be a full-fledged Marcus 2.0 to get laid.

Emma, for example, instead of giving Marcus secret blow jobs, could have been written as a character who likes the MC as he is now - a nice, slightly shy, helpful guy who shares her interests. Then as the MC gets more and more Marcus-like, she actually likes the MC less and less and becomes a very difficult character to keep in the harem.

Instead of having them be indifferent to the MC and then all swoon for him when some Alpha mark like confidence +100 or something is hit - making them all have variation in "the degree of Alpha" that they like would make the game richer. But that's just my opinion.

Cheers
What you just described about Emma (and I agree, her arc has been a mistake) is being done with Maude. In the alpha path Maude tells the MC Marcus wasn't such a putz and was really nice. Then he turned into super stud and she doesn't like him so much anymore. She likes the MC, who is kind and caring, but is now also getting his feet under him. She likes the whole transformation. Without this MC change on the beta path, she is left with little choice but to let Marcus have his fun.

3.30 star(s) 81 Votes