U

User_17502

so... what about that update ?
Well I just spent the last 12 hours banging my head against a wall because renpy does not like it when you change any of the GUI. All of the menus and background images bugged out so I spent all of today reorienting them so that half of the game is just a blank screen with text dissapearing down the rabbit hole that is my sanity.
The real problem is that when King started this game the resolution he chose was extremely awkward. Therefore everything posed and placed was not even. Trying to scale everything up correctly has been a nightmare. The sad part is that the next update is pretty much finished. But since all the UI stuff is fucked you can’t see or choose shit.
Worst comes to worst I am going to initiate a full rebuild at 1920X1080 and just let the first three days images have an alpha channel behind them.

Sorry about not keeping you guys posted. Just a tiny bit busy in my IRL. As well as with some other commitments.

Firefly

Modder
Dec 27, 2016
Well I just spent the last 12 hours banging my head against a wall because renpy does not like it when you change any of the GUI. All of the menus and background images bugged out so I spent all of today reorienting them so that half of the game is just a blank screen with text dissapearing down the rabbit hole that is my sanity.
The real problem is that when King started this game the resolution he chose was extremely awkward. Therefore everything posed and placed was not even. Trying to scale everything up correctly has been a nightmare. The sad part is that the next update is pretty much finished. But since all the UI stuff is fucked you can’t see or choose shit.
Worst comes to worst I am going to initiate a full rebuild at 1920X1080 and just let the first three days images have an alpha channel behind them.

Sorry about not keeping you guys posted. Just a tiny bit busy in my IRL. As well as with some other commitments.
Thanks for the update and the transparency. It's a lot to ask for in a free game but it's evident that this project is in good hands.

Reactions: King of Lust
U

User_17502

Thanks for the update and the transparency. It's a lot to ask for in a free game but it's evident that this project is in good hands.
Thanks, Firefly.

So update wise this is a little butter sweet as I have gone with the nuclear option. The idea was to just switch the game resolution on day 4 however this turned out to be a huge fucking mess.

I have been spending most of my time this month piecing together the code so the game would look and run well on both resolutions. This was so players could continue their save where they left off. However after several iterations (and me completely fucking the entire code up so it got stuck in an infinite loop.) I realized it didn’t matter. The simple resolution change actually bugs any saves done on day 4, despite my best frantic efforts, so I have decided to recreate the game entirely. Unfortunately this means that all of the images before day4 have an alpha channel in the background.

However it also means the update is completely ready to ship. I am going to do some final bugtests but expect the release in the next 24 hours.

Thanks for your patience.
HN95

U

User_32285

This doesn't seem like a big deal. Players can re-create their saves in minutes. This is the advantage of using Ren'Py over something like RPGmaker.

Don't sweat it. Really.
Yup, these people are probably missing their CTRL key. ;)

U

User_17502

Thanks, Firefly.

So update wise this is a little butter sweet as I have gone with the nuclear option. The idea was to just switch the game resolution on day 4 however this turned out to be a huge fucking mess.

I have been spending most of my time this month piecing together the code so the game would look and run well on both resolutions. This was so players could continue their save where they left off. However after several iterations (and me completely fucking the entire code up so it got stuck in an infinite loop.) I realized it didn’t matter. The simple resolution change actually bugs any saves done on day 4, despite my best frantic efforts, so I have decided to recreate the game entirely. Unfortunately this means that all of the images before day4 have an alpha channel in the background.

However it also means the update is completely ready to ship. I am going to do some final bugtests but expect the release in the next 24 hours.

Thanks for your patience.
HN95
I hate to recant what I just said but I think you guys wont mind this time.
King just dropped a bomb on me I wasn't expecting. And exploding along with the bomb is my sanity.
Day4 is now going to be bigger than the first 3 days combined in both files and file size.
Expect to see some good stuff right at the end of this monstrous update.
However with this monstrous update comes a little bit more dialogue and code than I was anticipating.
So I am going to be extending the deadline to this weekend.
But strap in boys and girls.
This is just the beginning.
day4edate4c.jpg

Shirafune

Jun 6, 2017
I hate to recant what I just said but I think you guys wont mind this time.
King just dropped a bomb on me I wasn't expecting. And exploding along with the bomb is my sanity.
Day4 is now going to be bigger than the first 3 days combined in both files and file size.
Expect to see some good stuff right at the end of this monstrous update.
However with this monstrous update comes a little bit more dialogue and code than I was anticipating.
So I am going to be extending the deadline to this weekend.
But strap in boys and girls.
This is just the beginning.
View attachment 164559
Who's the guy from the screenshot? The guy that was at aunt's house?

U

User_17502

Is it going to be posted today?
Just Finished Bugtesting.
I sent it over to King so he can post it on Patreon first.
Then if some kind soul is willing to upload it here you will get the chance to enjoy what has essentially become my second job (even though I’m not getting paid Haha!)
A guide will be coming to patreon this week. But I’m gonna field questions by pm if you need help while I’m making it. Lustlandistan Discord users get priority though.

3.30 star(s) 81 Votes