ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
ok..finished the game as it currently stands...yes i like Aunt Liza...maybe its the hair?.maybe its maybelllllinnnneeee...the renders are decent-great depending on the dame...i appreciate choice..it ran without issue...the english was crisp and clear as if..an english speaker wrote it :O :O :O and the game in itself was a fun little time passer..only thing i did not like..was when you first see the MC..i thought..UGH...dude..the 80's called..give them back thier hair....

Reactions: User_17502

dpelican

Oct 21, 2017
This doesn't work for me. I get lots of errors like:

The label intro is defined twice, at
File "game/intro.rpy", line 1 and
File "game/zz_patch.rpy", line 35.

Many many of these and the game won't start.

I have the same issue if you Unren the game. If you leave it as is, with the patch, it works. Seems like the new version does not play well with Unren executed.

Alleykatt

May 19, 2017
I didn't Unren it. I just downloaded the game and the patch, unzipped them and put the patch files in the Like Culture Shock v0.40\game folder.

Deadlyreaper

Nov 20, 2017
yes and there we would again if a contribution does not praise the game over all but criticizes how bad it is and how pointless and shitty the alternative route is then deleted but was not expected otherwise

U

User_17502

ok..finished the game as it currently stands...yes i like Aunt Liza...maybe its the hair?.maybe its maybelllllinnnneeee...the renders are decent-great depending on the dame...i appreciate choice..it ran without issue...the english was crisp and clear as if..an english speaker wrote it :O :O :O and the game in itself was a fun little time passer..only thing i did not like..was when you first see the MC..i thought..UGH...dude..the 80's called..give them back thier hair....
Well I’m glad my Creative Writing degree was more useful than toilet paper.
I’m just glad that we didn’t have any bugs. I spent quite some time bugtesting it. (They always show up where you least expect it.)
Yes. Our mc is a bit of a dweeb. Don’t worry. Some more time on the island can fix that. If you want him to be more dominating.

yes and there we would again if a contribution does not praise the game over all but criticizes how bad it is and how pointless and shitty the alternative route is then deleted but was not expected otherwise
Thank you for your criticism. I hope further updates satisfies your desire for the NT of R.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Here's an incest patch for the masses! This does NOT overwrite any files or change any variables in the game and should be future proof. This only changes the words. I got some help from @bossapplesauce walking me through this to get started..

Extract the "CultureShock_muttpatch.zip". Then put the muttpatch.rpy file into the CultureShock-X.XX\game folder. Play and enjoy! If you want your step family back, just delete the muttpatch.rpy file. It's that easy!

MaxVaron

Jan 28, 2018
Here's an incest patch for the masses! This does NOT overwrite any files or change any variables in the game and should be future proof. This only changes the words. I got some help from @bossapplesauce walking me through this to get started..

Extract the "CultureShock_muttpatch.zip". Then put the muttpatch.rpy file into the CultureShock-X.XX\game folder. Play and enjoy! If you want your step family back, just delete the muttpatch.rpy file. It's that easy!
And what´s the difference between your patch and the other patches?

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
@King of Lust - I have to congratulate you on finding every way to say the word "step-anything" in the English language. I played your game like 15 times and I know their bust sizes by memory now.

And what´s the difference between your patch and the other patches?
The patch boss and I got set up does not change any variables or files in the game at all. It leaves the core game ALONE. It's like taking the words "Step Brother" and "stepmom" and changing just those words in the dialogue to "Brother" and "mom". All it does is switch words and phrases. And if you don't like it? Delete the file and the game is still okay.

Reactions: MaxVaron

MaxVaron

Jan 28, 2018
@King of Lust - I have to congratulate you on finding every way to say the word "step-anything" in the English language. I played your game like 15 times and I know their bust sizes by memory now.

The patch boss and I got set up does not change any variables or files in the game at all. It leaves the core game ALONE. It's like taking the words "Step Brother" and "stepmom" and changing just those words in the dialogue to "Brother" and "mom". All it does is switch words and phrases. And if you don't like it? Delete the file and the game is still okay.
And if I were using the other patch, I have to start a new game to use your patch? Aside from deleting the other one, of course.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Nope. I don't think you have to delete it at all. It does not affect save files. It should play nice with other patches.
If he's missed a "step mother" or "step sister" somewhere, this patch will catch it and change it.
If a variable was changed and used in the dialogue then yeah it would probably change the variable. Again, if it doesn't mesh with the previous patch, it can be uninstalled by deleting muttpatch.rpy and muttpatch.rpyc.

Reactions: MaxVaron

UndeadRJ

Aug 25, 2018
Took 6hrs to download this game and at 99% , download failed. Anyone have fastest link to downlod this game. Mega link isn't working for me

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
why oh why do they constantly have to change the name of the renpy save dir?!? it's fucking retarded. it also makes ppl not want to bother with the game cuz everytime the name changes you can't find the saves anymore. some are nice enough to just use the same name with a version # behind it, but other go a different route and give a unique name to every single version and then wonder why ppl can't find their saves.... btw didn't this game have a different name before?

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
I like the idea, but I feel that there isn't enough care about the product itself. There are a lot of little things that are messed up.

A few from the top of my head:
1. The bathroom door handle on the left, but the door opened on the right where the hinge is supposed to be at.
2. Supposedly going to a lavish restaurant, but the seats all looked like cheap bar stool.
3. Ordering bibimbap in this expensive restaurant.
4. Got served ramen instead ... my god.
5. Devin's shirt looks like plastic.
6. That car seat is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too far from the steering wheel.

It's just super mixed bag.

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
Took 6hrs to download this game and at 99% , download failed. Anyone have fastest link to downlod this game. Mega link isn't working for me
use . with it you can easily download from mega or any other links without restrictions or problems when it reaches 99%.

lil tip: in the option menu untick the ability to automatically unpack the downloaded zip or rar file. unpack that stuff manually, it's faster that way.

Reactions: bas
3.30 star(s) 81 Votes