Nobulshh

Jun 10, 2018
Hello all. Is anyone else having problems starting the Chapter3 - 0.1 ?
I downloaded the full game, as well as the compressed one, even run it on another PC and it still not booting up. I can see the .exe binary in the Task Mgr for a few mins and then it dissappears. There is not error file file, and the log file ends up with this:
Code:
Fri Jun 21 18:21:20 2024
Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.5.2.22081402

Bootstrap to the start of init.init took 0.29s
Early init took 0.03s
Loader init took 0.20s
Loading error handling took 0.34s
Loading script took 3.33s
All other Renpy games run fine, it's really strage.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
I had the same issue, had to navigate to "AppData\Roaming\RenPy\TheBigOne-1539829691" and delete the "persistent" file so it can be generated again on another startup of the game and it works, so i guess the problem was in saving the metadata and then crashing while loading.

hope this helps.

Reactions: Capt OA

sqizboy84

May 30, 2020
It's already been more than six years since the developer started developing the game, but there's little progress. It seems that it will take another 94 years for the game to be developed.

Reactions: KiGa

BlackIsBetter

Jul 22, 2022
I honestly have no idea how any of these game devs have so much issue with creating games, that it takes them over 6 months for a single update. With things like ChatGPT, and honestly, shitload of other AI, you can create copious amount of text in such a short amount of time. All you have to do is have a decently written script for what you want the update/story to be about, and it's that easy.

So I assume the issue here has more to do with rendering than anything else, since coding is also not that time consuming.

3.30 star(s) 81 Votes