VN Ren'Py Cursed Affection [Ep. 1] [Daniels K]

4.70 star(s) 6 Votes

Euron13

Apr 7, 2019
I haven’t played every single game by this Dev, but I’ve played a few and the endings always kind of fumble over the finish line.

On the plus side, updates are pretty regular and he usually has decent concepts. He’s sort of the M Night Shyamalan of the AVN scene.

MiltonPowers

Formerly 'Milton749'
Jul 26, 2023
Seeing alot of comments like this. Should I be worried going into this? Don't think i've played anything else from this Dev
I've played most of them, and in most cases the endings have been disappointing, (not bad). It's like his head has already moved onto his next game, so he just wraps it up. But, you get regular updates, usually an enjoyable journey, lots of choices and a variety of different main girls and side girls all with endings.

TheCrimsonRevenger

Jul 13, 2017
I've played most of them, and in most cases the endings have been disappointing, (not bad). It's like his head has already moved onto his next game, so he just wraps it up. But, you get regular updates, usually an enjoyable journey, lots of choices and a variety of different main girls and side girls all with endings.
I mean compared to the 90% of AVNs that get no ending at all, i'll take one with a lackluster ending.

And I took a closer look and saw there is at least one I played. Girlfriend's Amnesia. So, yeah I think I see the criticism, but it still wasn't horrible. A bit rushed and unsatisfying as I recall, but in fairness a truly satisfying ending is VERY difficult to pull off.

I've definitely seen worse. lol

MiltonPowers

Formerly 'Milton749'
Jul 26, 2023
I mean compared to the 90% of AVNs that get no ending at all, i'll take one with a lackluster ending.

And I took a closer look and saw there is at least one I played. Girlfriend's Amnesia. So, yeah I think I see the criticism, but it still wasn't horrible. A bit rushed and unsatisfying as I recall, but in fairness a truly satisfying ending is VERY difficult to pull off.

I've definitely seen worse. lol
That's what I think. At least you know you'll get an ending even if it is lackluster with some questions left unanswered. I just enjoy the ride.

Exdeath92

Jul 25, 2017
Has the writing in the games improved? I remember playing the first mansion story and the Pine Falls one, but the endings were lackluster

Xanthor72

Jul 31, 2017
Has potential, but PLEASE either add an option to disable the voiced narration or properly set it up to hook into the "voice" volume slider. having to mute sound every time it starts talking because it reads several scenes ahead without stopping, then turn the volume back up to hear normal sounds is a bit annoying.

Reactions: AnyName'llDo

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Seeing alot of comments like this. Should I be worried going into this? Don't think i've played anything else from this Dev
Yup. Be very worried. He starts out great, then half way through, it starts going to shit. Endings are always shitty. I used to be a patron a long time ago. Stayed a patron way too long.

Reactions: Vortex@

AnyName'llDo

Feb 12, 2018
Interesting story premise. I reached a bad end the first time. I changed one action and survived the second time. I think some will get frustrated and quit, and others may enjoy the Choose Your Own Adventure style outcomes.

Euron13

Apr 7, 2019
The MC's girlfriend is pregnant at the start of the game, and there is a sex scene between them. Unclear if other characters can get knocked up yet.

DarkDaemonX

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2020
The comparison between these two games seems off. Cursed Affection has no connection with Brighton City. The storyline, gameplay mechanics, and even the character design are completely different. While Brighton City is a good game (imo), this new title stands out with its unique characters and a promising narrative that blends various elements. Perhaps a few tags might be similar, but that’s about it. The developers deserve praise for what looks to be an engaging experience in Cursed Affection. Wishing the dev all the best! Definitely a good game!
No one is comparing the games, just the appearance of the guy who gets punched in the preview images.

4.70 star(s) 6 Votes