foolyGold

Jun 18, 2019
Do we need coins to unlock the other paths in the gallery? The gallery is not on a global save setting so a different save does not affect the gallery.

Also can you add a teleporter in the house, it's a pain changing clothes to go from the forest and the village.

Last edited:

hi5kba

Apr 23, 2021
Do we need coins to unlock the other paths in the gallery? The gallery is not on a global save setting so a different save does not affect the gallery.

Also can you add a teleporter in the house, it's a pain changing clothes to go from the forest and the village.
their is actually a teleporter in the house.....
one you find the ripped photo, try finding where it goes (or read the walkthrough).

it will open up the teleporter room.

unfortunately, this only goes to the Village atm.

Grimdeity if possible can you make it so that once you have activated an areas teleport, that it's linked upto the house as well.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
their is actually a teleporter in the house.....
one you find the ripped photo, try finding where it goes (or read the walkthrough).
The issue with that quest is that there's no indication that you're supposed to be interacting with random parts of the mansion, especially after the first part of that quest is signaled by a shining event icon. I was led to believe that I would just naturally find other pieces of the photo as I progressed through the game, instead of thinking to search for a random object in the house. There should probably be some sort of text saying something like, "*The torn photo's counterpart can be found somewhere in the main part of the mansion. You'll need to search for it yourself."

Grimdeity

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2022
I can have the gallery scenes be unlocked globally sure and yes, you basically just use bronze coins to unlock stuff in the gallery. But for other paths, if you mean questlines, unlocking them in gallery will only unlock the scenes and not the actual path/triggers for your save file.

Grimdeity if possible can you make it so that once you have activated an areas teleport, that it's linked upto the house as well.
I added it to my to-do list for QoL for the coming patch (y)

The issue with that quest is that there's no indication that you're supposed to be interacting with random parts of the mansion, especially after the first part of that quest is signaled by a shining event icon. I was led to believe that I would just naturally find other pieces of the photo as I progressed through the game, instead of thinking to search for a random object in the house. There should probably be some sort of text saying something like, "*The torn photo's counterpart can be found somewhere in the main part of the mansion. You'll need to search for it yourself."
It's my mistake on this part, I did intentionally made quest descriptions a bit vague so there's more "mystery" around it but ended up making it too vague at some parts. I'll fix it up to be more clear/precise so it's understandable in the future alongside some QoL changes for the quest journal.

Reactions: Lilitas72

DrewLichter

Oct 5, 2019
Grimdeity so just finished the demo and while a lot of the comments here seem to be mirroring my thoughts on the game, they are a bit harsh and don't really give suggestions on how to actually improve so here are some thoughts to help improve the game (ordered from what I found most pressing to least):
  • While it might be easy to switch from clothed to naked and is quick to do so once, switching back and forth gets rather old after 5 or 6 times. Since the Fogwoods and the Village are right next to each other and on a few occasions I found myself needing to walk between them, having to go back not only to the house but also to the top floor furthest corner of the map was pretty annoying. Having Alyssia automatically strip if you try to enter the village if you are clothed and redress when you are trying to leave the village not only makes sense on a story level, but also saves a lot of time and frustration.
  • The quests are non-intuitive, you need to unlock Hesperia to even get a "Where do I go next" and as far as I see, the only text that is displayed is "Go to the basement". Which is locked behind some random dungeon in the Fogwood. While this might be ok for a sidequest (even then it is quite a non-sequetur) having it gate a main quest with little or no guidance will force people to either look up a guide or quit. The side quest to get into the village too requires you to click on a non-highlighted option (You have certain options highlighted green and "How can I help you" when talking to Hesperia isn't one of them. The suboptions are green but not the main option), do a find the crystals minigame, and then raise your lewdity and corruption before getting into the village.
  • The map is fairly big and cluttered and the screen is pretty dark. The floaty cloud effects make the main maps difficult to traverse. While this adds to the atmosphere, it makes just walking feel much longer than it should. It doesn't help that the main character herself says "Getting a bit tired of these long hallways" which just feels like you know that this is a problem and didn't put in any effort to fix it. Allowing us to either get something to drop the constant weather clutter or have the Village Chief stone light up the insides of most houses would not only make certain scenes more impactful (such as the Screaming Halls, it should be more creepy because you have limited visibility, but since you have limited visibility almost everywhere, the contrast doesn't hit as hard). Remove walls/Move rooms to make more linear floorplans (your bed is pretty much the furthest point away from the front door as is possible) would allow easier traversal.
  • Corruption is fairly ill defined. I dislike being on the receiving end of mind control so I dropped my corruption to -20 just to be safe. Then when trying to enter the Village I needed to raise it up to 10. The Help Book made it seem like the more lewdity you have the more open to H-scenes you are while the higher corruption you have the more submissive your playthrough is, however that isn't quite matching up to how the game is played (you need a minimum corruption to get to the village even if you are trying to do a dominant playthrough)
  • NPC dialogue seems to end and require you to talk to them again. For example to get part of the amulet, you have to talk to the pervy guy outside the Village Chief's house and then Alyssa will deny him and he says "Come back if you change your mind" Even with the guide I had to double check that I can't buy the amulet anywhere else and only then did Alyssa come up with the idea that she can spend the coins instead of servicing the man. Having that dialogue choice be instead of Alyssa outright refusing the first part would give a lot less confusion on how to continue. Same with the Village Chief quest, rather than separating it into two separate dialogues, move the choice forward to the 1st dialogue to make it more streamlined.

Overall a good start, just be aware of UX when you design things. The main hub (house, outside), the main mechanics (clothing/dress) and hints on the main questline should be designed to minimize frustration since that is where the player will be spending the most time.

Grimdeity

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2022
Grimdeity so just finished the demo and while a lot of the comments here seem to be mirroring my thoughts on the game, they are a bit harsh and don't really give suggestions on how to actually improve so here are some thoughts to help improve the game (ordered from what I found most pressing to least):
  • While it might be easy to switch from clothed to naked and is quick to do so once, switching back and forth gets rather old after 5 or 6 times. Since the Fogwoods and the Village are right next to each other and on a few occasions I found myself needing to walk between them, having to go back not only to the house but also to the top floor furthest corner of the map was pretty annoying. Having Alyssia automatically strip if you try to enter the village if you are clothed and redress when you are trying to leave the village not only makes sense on a story level, but also saves a lot of time and frustration.
  • The quests are non-intuitive, you need to unlock Hesperia to even get a "Where do I go next" and as far as I see, the only text that is displayed is "Go to the basement". Which is locked behind some random dungeon in the Fogwood. While this might be ok for a sidequest (even then it is quite a non-sequetur) having it gate a main quest with little or no guidance will force people to either look up a guide or quit. The side quest to get into the village too requires you to click on a non-highlighted option (You have certain options highlighted green and "How can I help you" when talking to Hesperia isn't one of them. The suboptions are green but not the main option), do a find the crystals minigame, and then raise your lewdity and corruption before getting into the village.
  • The map is fairly big and cluttered and the screen is pretty dark. The floaty cloud effects make the main maps difficult to traverse. While this adds to the atmosphere, it makes just walking feel much longer than it should. It doesn't help that the main character herself says "Getting a bit tired of these long hallways" which just feels like you know that this is a problem and didn't put in any effort to fix it. Allowing us to either get something to drop the constant weather clutter or have the Village Chief stone light up the insides of most houses would not only make certain scenes more impactful (such as the Screaming Halls, it should be more creepy because you have limited visibility, but since you have limited visibility almost everywhere, the contrast doesn't hit as hard). Remove walls/Move rooms to make more linear floorplans (your bed is pretty much the furthest point away from the front door as is possible) would allow easier traversal.
  • Corruption is fairly ill defined. I dislike being on the receiving end of mind control so I dropped my corruption to -20 just to be safe. Then when trying to enter the Village I needed to raise it up to 10. The Help Book made it seem like the more lewdity you have the more open to H-scenes you are while the higher corruption you have the more submissive your playthrough is, however that isn't quite matching up to how the game is played (you need a minimum corruption to get to the village even if you are trying to do a dominant playthrough)
  • NPC dialogue seems to end and require you to talk to them again. For example to get part of the amulet, you have to talk to the pervy guy outside the Village Chief's house and then Alyssa will deny him and he says "Come back if you change your mind" Even with the guide I had to double check that I can't buy the amulet anywhere else and only then did Alyssa come up with the idea that she can spend the coins instead of servicing the man. Having that dialogue choice be instead of Alyssa outright refusing the first part would give a lot less confusion on how to continue. Same with the Village Chief quest, rather than separating it into two separate dialogues, move the choice forward to the 1st dialogue to make it more streamlined.

Overall a good start, just be aware of UX when you design things. The main hub (house, outside), the main mechanics (clothing/dress) and hints on the main questline should be designed to minimize frustration since that is where the player will be spending the most time.
Thanks a lot for your suggestions, it's all noted(y)
I've been taking my time to make sure I improve things as much as I can for the next update, so having different inputs help a lot and with QoL changes coming first, having to know which ones I need to tackle make things much easier.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
So I was checking your last update on the Patreon...

Hey all, sorry for the lack of updates since work and uni got in the way but I finally have more free time this coming week so I can work on the game consistently again. I haven't been slacking of course, I've still done some work. So far here are the changes I've done despite my limited time these past week.

1. Redesigned the maps and added some new mini locations. Map sizes are mostly untouched since keeping them at a comfortable big size means I'll have space that I can put events/scenes in the future if need be.

2. I changed the lighting and made the game a bit brighter, there's more lights everywhere and made some things easier to see (ghosts, objects, etc.).

3. I added more teleportation destinations, makes walking less tedious and travel easier. Once you unlock flower circle at a location, you can use it to teleport to anywhere else you have unlocked.

4. Quest Journal entries are now more informative and specific. I haven't done it yet but I was thinking of just having every entries unlocked by default so players can see how many quests are in a location for example and just have to find it.

5. Intro is slightly changed.

6. Some dialogues/events are altered to reflect new changes.

7. Entering Sphree will now trigger a dialogue which asks players if they want to undress (after reading the sign), no need to go back to the mansion. I also added a mirror in the rest tent just west of the village and inside Hesperia's Abode for changing outfits anytime.

8. Hesperia will now give Seeker Flower after meeting her for the first time.

9. The Dolls trigger for the Shack will now only trigger after meeting Hesperia, so players don't accidentally trigger it too early and potentially miss Avery's interaction.

10. All bugs and issues reported should now be fixed. I need to do more playtesting to be sure.

---
Here's the things I need to do for the update:

1. Corruption system rework - I'm still working on this and taking my time on it since it's a huge part of the game and I don't want to mess it up but I can say that a pure purity run in the game will be possible, corruption won't just be something to see certain things.

2. Add the basement map and continuation of the main story.

3. Implementing the dynamic clothing system in dialogues - whatever outfit you have (or being naked) will soon reflect in all of the dialogues in the game.

4. Add quests/scenes/events in new locations and old ones.

5. Some players told me that the weather can be too much for the eyes at times, I'll make an optional switch in the game to remove clouds/falling leaves/etc. but will keep rain and the fog as it's "lore accurate" in the game.

6. SPOILER - it's a spoiler and I don't know how to hide it in Patreon, I put it in Discord just to be safe. You can check it there if you're interested

I'm sure I missed some stuff that I wasn't able to list, I'll review everything from scratch before I release the update. I'll keep adding more things to add in the update as I go through everything one by one.

-----
Anyways, this is what I've done so far and what I'm planning to do for the coming update. I'm more active in the discord server so feel free to join it if you want.

Thank you for the all the support, I'm sure you all will like the new contents when it gets released. I'll update again when I get a good amount of work done.
...and you say the last thing is a spoiler that you can't hide on Patreon, so you put it on Discord. But Discord makes it a pain in the ass to visit a server anonymously, to the point that it's now asking me to verify my phone number just to sign in as a guest. Could you maybe post what that spoiler is here, where there's a functional spoiler tag?

Numo-M4

Apr 1, 2020
So I was checking your last update on the Patreon...

...and you say the last thing is a spoiler that you can't hide on Patreon, so you put it on Discord. But Discord makes it a pain in the ass to visit a server anonymously, to the point that it's now asking me to verify my phone number just to sign in as a guest. Could you maybe post what that spoiler is here, where there's a functional spoiler tag?
---

6. **SPOILER**
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Does anyone know how I pass the maze every time I get to the ghost it ends in game over?
You're supposed to loot a certain item from one of the "corpses" and then leave without getting caught by the ghost. I think if you see the ghost at all, that means it's time to leave.

DangKoichi

May 2, 2022
uh so I just download the game and this happen
so this even start from the intro and I don't even know why
everything else is normal but all the game enviroment just gone
I download every single type of RPGM engine there is to offer and it still there

Anyone knows how to solve this?

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Any news on development progress? Last I saw was this from 20 days ago.

Hello there,

I mentioned before that I was aiming for november release for 0.3.0 but due to unforeseen circumstances I don't think I'll make it in time, I'm still doing it albeit slowly. To be more specific, uni and work getting in the way a lot now and I've been feeling burned out unfortunately although I still go out my way to put a few hours of development everyday at the very least.

To be fair for my patrons, I'm going to pause december billing cycle and will resume when I know I'll be able to release the game. I'm still going to do development and hopefully I can finish it this coming december.

With this, I might also just add more stuff beyond what I wrote in my to-do list just to compensate for things. Think of it as pulling my planned 0.3.5 features into 0.3.0 instead. I apologize for this but I'm sure the content will be great enough for the wait.

I still receive messages from time to time on appreciating the game, giving suggestions and more. Thanks for all the support. o/
Looking forward to the next update whenever it is, but curious if it's any more clear yet whether it will come in December.

Grimdeity

Game Developer
Sep 22, 2022
Any news on development progress? Last I saw was this from 20 days ago.
Looking forward to the next update whenever it is, but curious if it's any more clear yet whether it will come in December.
It's unlikely I can put it out this month, safe to say it'll be on January instead. I've been focusing on my uni exams and other personal matters and so I've been holding off posting any updates as well (since the patreon post) because I've only done dialogues, script cleaning, a few scenes and minor changes since then although I can say that the major additions are already done halfway through.

4.50 star(s) 11 Votes