Ren'Py Abandoned Cutely Suspicious [v0.12.033] [Ellaraia]

3.10 star(s) 21 Votes

dan9000

May 21, 2017
Evos

The aim of the evo system is to have 3 'types' of relationship for each girl. I planned for each to have a love route, a dominant route, and a submissive route but Cute's dominant route changed to be a second submissive one. The content you get is based on which evo you increase the most. You increase each evo via your dialogue choices and your actions.

In a perfect world, the player shouldn't even know the system exists. They should play the game with each choice and action being what they want to make. Upon completing the game they may search on here or elsewhere and discover that other people got different content, learn what the evo system is, then do another playthrough if they wish to see all the content.

However, I feel like I have to tell the player about the system for a few reasons. Minorly, as you say, the system is a lot of work and I don't want people seeing just 1/3rd of the content each release and think I'm not putting much effort into the game. Also, the little cross indicators are meant to slightly help add a feeling that you are progressing when you do things and that no action is wasted, though I probably don't go far enough or explain the system enough for this to be effective. There is also the aim to have the system function with a safety. What I mean by that is that if you are heading down the wrong evo for your tastes, then you can correct it with your actions, but for this you must be informed of the system and your current situation within it.

The main reason though, is that most people don't role-play the game, and I get why. There are so many games which are filled with stupid choices where there is a right and a wrong answer. Therefore, in CuteS when you get the choice of hugging a girl or rubbing your dick on her, lots of people choose the latter because it is assumed that choosing the hug will make you miss out on content. This is the biggest evo gainer in the entire game right now, but so many people make their decision based on how other games play, rather than the mechanics of the actual game they are playing.

The only way to fix this is to make it explicitly clear what the evo system is and how you manipulate it, but that goes against the point of it so much that I don't want to. I consider this design fight between role-play and player feedback to be in many aspects of the game. If I tell explain the evo system, you won't role-play for yourself, but for your content aims, but if I don't then you won't role play at all. I think the person who would get the most out of the system would be someone who has never played any of these before, but that is not the audience.

The evo system is naturally a large-scale mechanic that I very much struggle to bring to life.

And yes, you are supposed to be consistent. If you act dominant toward a girl, she becomes more submissive and, eventually, her storylines will develop this way too. And so on, though Cute's pet evo requires that you are affectionately dominant, which is kinda hard to explain.

Player Suspicion

Player suspicion exists as an early game barrier. It's there for 2 reasons. Firstly, so you don't act like a creep with 2 girls you're not in a sexual relationship with - this also makes overcoming the barrier and being allowed to watch them undress or sleep with them more rewarding as you earned it rather than being able to do it from the beginning. Secondly, it tries to stop you from rushing to see all of the early game content because it's a better experience if that content is spread out throughout the entire early-game rather than all in the first 30 minutes.

The higher your suspicion, the more likely you are to get caught when doing creepy things like spying on the girls.

In the end it probably doesn't actually help anything as players naturally want to see everything and so you're just being punished really.

Girls' Suspicion

The girls' suspicions are for later down the line. They are how much you are suspected of being intimate with each of them. Once again, the higher it is, the more likely you are to get caught. I'm yet to see how effective this is because we're only now getting to the point where you can actually play around with the girls. It is meant to give you the sense that you're sneaking around and doing something you shouldn't be, but it's too punishing in the early game. I'm not beyond the idea of removing it from the early game or making ignore a lot of the mundane activities it currently punishes.

Storylines

The way I balance evos hasn't been as good inn the last 2 updates due to lack of time and less innovative stages. There is an issue with Dani that many players are still neutral evo late into the current game with her because she doesn't have enough decisions - something I need to fix - I assume this is your problem too as both dressinng ones require an evo and the cafe kiss is just a mess. You don't need a specific evo, just not neutral, so if your portrait background for her is white you'll have to compliment her a lot or something until it gains a colour. I know that's shit, but I didn't expect players to still have neutral on her.

I already have a plan for changing Dani's photoshoots to remove or at least reduce the issue of waiting for the next weekend to complete them. Needs more designing before I talk about that though.

Cutest Model doesn't involve weekends currently.

It is, thanks.
I dont know if this is the issue but when you kiss dani, there is a white + wich i guess is neutral, maybe trying to find all the kisses i grinded it too much that it doesnt change from neutral

ArthSalem

Jun 3, 2017
I'm busy with Dani's storyline however I can't buy the underwear for the shoot?? Any idea on what's going on or where to buy them? Can't find anything on the computer...

Amazonqween

Sep 13, 2017
'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'images/Cute/Pictures/Evening.jpg'>:
File "game/home/double/empty.rpy", line 25, in script call
call screen doubleEmpty
screen crash ........ would you like to see the pictures

carlofresco

May 28, 2017
I have some problem in make the dual masturbation scene appear.
I do the one where she see you fap with her panties. Then it ask to join during her masturbation scene.
I try:
- in the morning after shower
- in the afternoon.
- in the evening
- at night
- during homework
Every time she masturbate but you only watch. I have max lust.

RedRuby

Jul 2, 2017
I have some problem in make the dual masturbation scene appear.
I do the one where she see you fap with her panties. Then it ask to join during her masturbation scene.
I try:
- in the morning after shower
- in the afternoon.
- in the evening
- at night
- during homework
Every time she masturbate but you only watch. I have max lust.
Click "Knock",not "Enter" and you should be good.

Reactions: || and Ellaraia

Grimmpeter

Jan 14, 2020
'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'images/Cute/Pictures/Evening.jpg'>:
File "game/home/double/empty.rpy", line 25, in script call
call screen doubleEmpty
screen crash ........ would you like to see the pictures
If you use the iPatch, install the patch in the main folder (CuteS-0.06.008-pc), not in the subfolder game.

satanete

Nov 24, 2017
Hi, I have some problems and maybe? some bugs:
  • I just started a fresh game after this update, v.0.06.008, and after three weeks of gameplay I can't progress with the first quest since the option to study during the weekend is not there.
  • The other problems/bugs I've been noticing them since a couple updates ago, there is some content I just can't see anymore. I remember playing this game since release here, and I could go into the bathroom when girls were taking a bath (even saw them almost naked) I did all the quests up to the last point available on the previous update but I couldn't go inside the bath in the evening anymore, ony spy through the keyhole.
  • Again, a few updates ago, I could use the glass of water to make lil sis to pee early in the morning, but I can't see that option anymore and, as said, all progress until the previuos update was done...
  • Also, I belive to remember (although I could well just imagined it) there were like two routes with girls, either love or corruption, but the quests I've been getting always ask me to be kind to them, either helping her with chores, hugging, etc... Did I image these two different routes or am I missing something?
Thanks in advance.

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
Fixed the bug with the missing image when showing Cute her pics. Patch will be out tomorrow.

Reactions: Ivan0089

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
Hi, I have some problems and maybe? some bugs:
  • I just started a fresh game after this update, v.0.06.008, and after three weeks of gameplay I can't progress with the first quest since the option to study during the weekend is not there.
  • The other problems/bugs I've been noticing them since a couple updates ago, there is some content I just can't see anymore. I remember playing this game since release here, and I could go into the bathroom when girls were taking a bath (even saw them almost naked) I did all the quests up to the last point available on the previous update but I couldn't go inside the bath in the evening anymore, ony spy through the keyhole.
  • Again, a few updates ago, I could use the glass of water to make lil sis to pee early in the morning, but I can't see that option anymore and, as said, all progress until the previuos update was done...
  • Also, I belive to remember (although I could well just imagined it) there were like two routes with girls, either love or corruption, but the quests I've been getting always ask me to be kind to them, either helping her with chores, hugging, etc... Did I image these two different routes or am I missing something?
Thanks in advance.
The weekend classes appear to me on a new save.
Some content with the bathroom was reworked a few updates ago.
Pee was removed though it's planned to return in the next version.
The way your relationships evolve isn't immediate and swift, it's a slow process over the course of the game. That said, the way it works is changing in the next version.

3.10 star(s) 21 Votes